1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dragon Ball Drawing Contest pt2
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

7. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

What Would You Do if You Had Seven Days to Live?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Sep 27, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

Death is the ultimate inevitability; despite what a person may do in life, despite the circumstances of their birth and the paths that they may take, death is the one thing that everyone has in common; it may be depressing to consider, but death is the only thing in life that is truly certain.

Most people live many decades before dying, but some have the grave misfortune (no pun intended) of dying well before they would reach the natural end of their lifespan.

Therefore, this thread is to propose a radical situation, and see what response everyone gives to it.

If you had seven days to live, what would you do? The exact cause if death is irrelevant, as this thread is intended to be a thought-provoking philosophical discussion.

When I was younger, if I had been asked such a question, I would likely respond that I would spend my remaining time having as much fun as I could and doing everything that I have not done, to make the most of that time. Now, however, I would probably do very little different from what I currently am doing; I would still go to work when necessary, but I would spend any time that I was not working with my friends and family, to make the most of what time I had remaining. I also would devote reasonable effort into finding all the people who have helped me, who have wronged me, and whom I have wronged, and repaying each of them in kind.

I actually did ask this question when I first joined this forum, twelve years ago, but, since so much time has passed since that day, I imagine that the forum is very different now from how it was, then, and I now that I am certainly a different person from who I was, then, as well.

What does everyone else say about this? If you had seven days to live, what would you do with those seven days?

Tags:
  2. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Probably become a pescatarian, enroll in DeVry... Maybe see what this myhotbook.com is all about.

3. Elric of Melniboné White Wolf

Nothing different. I made peace with the fact I would die a long time ago. I would go to work, enjoy a meal with some friends, just relax and play a game. I would probably try to finish Dragon Quest XI. Ask how my sister is doing, and talk with my niece if I can. The girl is growing every day, and I always wanted to see her become a boxer or a UFC fighter.

Otherwise, I would just enjoy those days. I wouldn't tell anyone because that would be a bombshell to drop on them out of nowhere. They say ignorance is bliss, and that sort of thing.

4. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

I like your approach to this scenario, as that is similar to what I would do, also.

5. TrafalgarRao Active Member

Or donate my entire organ so other people can use it

6. aww <3 fuck u <3333 and just like fashion it's a passion for the with-it and hip

somehow

some way

7. Charmander Pure

Mexico
    I would just stay home playing videogames or exercising, would also leave everything in order so that Mom does not struggle with the funeral as she would be the only one that cares.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • List
  8. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Oh I might try out the free demo on the Rosetta stone website also.

9. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Quit my job, say bye to those I give two shits about, make arrangements for all my possessions and money, go on a meditation fast, and just wait for the inevitable.

10. Dark Wanderer Lonesome Crow

I'd leave both of my jobs and spend my last days at home, doing things I enjoy. I'd hang out with my parrots and make plans for them when I'm gone..spend time with my mom and brothers, and sort through some of my possessions.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  11. Sassy ~Equipped with chaos~

Make sure my funeral is arranged and everything is taken care for my mom, then after enjoy my last times together with the friends and family I love, while gaming and watching the last bits of all the anime on my watch list when I could.

12. Luck A cheeky cunt

Brazil
    Everything

13. cobe42 i really need to clean myself up

Realistically i would be to busy thinking about the day I'm going to die and having emotional breakdowns.

14. Natty Cursed lipstick lesbo

Canada
    kiss my partner all over for 168 hours

I'll probably hang out with as much close family as I can. Have dinner with my brother, sister in law, my mom and step dad.

15. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    Try to finish the backlog of games I haven't played.
    Eat all the cheese I want.
    Tell the people most dear to me how much they mean to me.
    Hopefully meet up with someone who I wanted to meet.
    Meet a few voice actors of my favorite characters.
    Spend last few moments with my pets.

16. Shrike Let's Baby

Try to leave as much documentation about the games that I work on and the book that I am writing so that someone can finish it and maybe bring some cash to my family with it. Say my goodbyes and go to my cottage in the mountains because I love it there.

17. Jim Member

It'd be nice if it were my choice to decide what to do =D

18. Stephanie Bite Me

Spend every second with the people i love.

19. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    6.5 days in sin and 0.5 repenting

20. Mider T VM Rapist

A bunch of drugs and a bunch of sex maybe.

21. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

22. Sequester Lacking in Luster

I just heard some good things about myhotbook.com is all.

Why you asking so many questions? You the FEDS?

23. Siena The Revenant

If I had 7 days to live my wish would be to not know I have 7 days to live.

24. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

I simply have a very inquisitive nature, which helps me to learn and acquire new information.

25. Sequester Lacking in Luster

Well maybe you should check out the website. Let me know.

26. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

Say goodbyes to those i specifically care for and have no grudge against.

Do last yolo illegal things to those I hate.

Enjoy my life the way I always did. Nothing productive, but just having fun playing games and watching stuff online.

The most important thing is to die in the middle of doing work.

I'll just work hard the last day I live to die in whatever way i'm supposed to die. That'd be an interesting way to be remembered. "Damn, he was just working hard that day when a fucking satellite fell on him".

unless you give me a boring death and i die in my sleep.
    then ill just make a lot of promises i know i cant keep just to make my death a bit more memorable.

"I remember our last moment, he was finally going to try and be more active and play basketball with us"

...I have issues with people I work with.

27. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

First thing i would make sure that my sun and stars puppy Alex and my princess kitty Kicia will have good care when im gone so i would make a list of all things my fam needs to remember about when it comes to them.

Then I would ask my sister to i dunno, store my drawings somewhere safe and not burn them all, i was drawing and painting shittons of stuff for last 15 years so there is thousand of this on paper pile in my room. And maybe they are not the best but i put so much heart and soul into them that my ghost would hunt the place if someone just killed all this work.

Then i would try to spend as much time with my family as possible. They know I love them and that they are my life but it wont hurt to tell them this again and thank them for everything.

And I would try to eat as much awesome food as I could. Definitely sushi and shrimps. Last spending of money so I can go a little wild.

I would get drunk at least three times. I would want to go away drunk with people I love next to me.

Get high at least once.

Send apologises to all people I stopped talking to because I never reply becuase i suck at this and im a piece of shit. And I stopped replying to literally every single person I know, I dont have even one friend in this world because I chose it. GOD! Just writing this makes me wonder what the hell is wrong with me.

I would try to hit on random pretty girl and a boy to get some making out before ill go. I havent kissed for last 5 years, dammit i would deserve some before dying. And i never fully made out with a girl and i want ittttt. I know at least two girls who fancy me so if randoms wont work ill just call them.

And i would go to Church to thank to God for everything he gave me in life and for how lucky I was to have such good life. And to apologise because I always promised to everyone and myself to be a better person and in the end I didnt changed much.

I made myself sad... But this topic is sad. If regeneration is actually a thing then I wonder if i would upgrade in my next uh life or the opposite. Hmmmmmmmm

Last edited: Oct 3, 2018
  28. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

tbh, my only real thought on everything you said.

is that art is worth a lot more after the artist is dead.
    just saying.

29. HisokaRollin Sougo, my boy

Isnt this unfair? I cant use the money if im dead! :catflip

30. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

Just for a moment, pretend you care about your loved ones enough for you to feel better about not having that money.