• Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.

• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Whats a better mentor duo

atones25

Look who is talking, the two biggest complainers here. It was said many time that nobody gave a shit about Sarada, she isn’t even mentioned, the problem was with the way Boruto was written this fight and it’s unrelated to her.

But got it, every time you complain about something, I will know say it’s because you’re salty and deeply jealous of Boruto with this logic.
Not exactly. Many people blamed Sarada for the way Boruto was written too. We had people saying that it was mostly her fault for Boruto being portrayed as "stupid", when the person who was really degrading Boruto the entire time was Kawaki. This was the main reason Sarada fans were involved.

Then we also had Boruto fans turn around and say that Kodachi was a horrible writer and claim that Boruto was the one who was being mistreated after years of dissing Sarada fans for saying the same thing. All within two months of a fight that really didn't develop any of the characters to begin with. Quite a few Boruto fans managed to turn against the series, saying that they'd "drop it" due to the disrespect Boruto was receiving.

All in all, when Sarada had to go through 3-4 years of not receiving any new substance in the manga(currently as well, since she's being pretty shafted in the manga), Boruto fans ridiculed Sarada fans and Sarada herself, making fun of their anger and claiming that the writing was perfect. But when the situation is flipped and Boruto is the one being "shafted", and only for a very small amount of time on top of that, they became incredibly hypocritical.

What Sarada fans are implying about Boruto fans is that regardless of the terrible writing, as long as Boruto gets shine, they'll be happy. Whereas if Boruto doesn't get shine or attention, only then will Boruto fans realize the flaws in the series as they are not being blinded by the appearance of their favorite character.

Personally, I don't think anything from Naruto/Sasuke vs Jigen round 1, to the Boro fight and the Amado interrogation, all the way to where we are now has been properly handled by the writers. The last chapter may have been the best one because it's the only chapter that has had proper build up. Everything before it was a mess of poor paneling and out of nowhere additions. The Chidori and Baryon Mode are only two examples of this.

But anyways, this thread was meant to be about which sensei/student duo was better. Someone might wanna lock this thread since it's probably gonna keep going off topic regardless of how many people try to put it back on topic.

atones25

Boruto and Sasuke.
Kawaki doesn't really see Naruto as a mentor, more like a father he adores and admires.

Whereas Boruto looks to Sasuke for guidance on how to be a proper ninja.
Naruto literally states that Kawaki is his student.

Also how did this turn into a Sarada discussion? The thread has nothing to do with her.
Read the above comments if you want to.

Corvida

Anda de dia la noche es mia
Boruto and Sasuke.

vomits in Spanish
Kawaki doesn't really see Naruto as a mentor, more like a father he adores and admires.

so no comparison and invalid thread since the beginning
Whereas Boruto looks to Sasuke for guidance on how to be a proper ninja.

Also how did this turn into a Sarada discussion? The thread has nothing to do with her.....
father?

redboy776

Kind hearted
Naruto's last lesson to Kawaki is Samadhi state or Boudha mind.

But I know before you guy come to negg me let me run away.

:blobstabby

Mapel

yes
but I REFUSE to have a thread metioning the ultimate betrayal without mentioning Sarada
There's no betrayal.

Sasuke is not and will never be Sarada's mentor.

Boruto aspires to walk the same path as Sasuke, Sarada does not.
Sasuke cannot give Sarada the same advice and guidance as he gives Boruto.

At best he can teach her jutsu, but thats it.

Naruto is more suited to mentoring Sarada

Kawaki looked up to Naruto for Guidance in the field of Ninjutsu.
Kawaki only needed ninjutsu to take down Jigen, he was never really interested in becoming a ninja.

neonion

Not exactly. Many people blamed Sarada for the way Boruto was written too. We had people saying that it was mostly her fault for Boruto being portrayed as "stupid", when the person who was really degrading Boruto the entire time was Kawaki. This was the main reason Sarada fans were involved.

Then we also had Boruto fans turn around and say that Kodachi was a horrible writer and claim that Boruto was the one who was being mistreated after years of dissing Sarada fans for saying the same thing. All within two months of a fight that really didn't develop any of the characters to begin with. Quite a few Boruto fans managed to turn against the series, saying that they'd "drop it" due to the disrespect Boruto was receiving.

All in all, when Sarada had to go through 3-4 years of not receiving any new substance in the manga(currently as well, since she's being pretty shafted in the manga), Boruto fans ridiculed Sarada fans and Sarada herself, making fun of their anger and claiming that the writing was perfect. But when the situation is flipped and Boruto is the one being "shafted", and only for a very small amount of time on top of that, they became incredibly hypocritical.

What Sarada fans are implying about Boruto fans is that regardless of the terrible writing, as long as Boruto gets shine, they'll be happy. Whereas if Boruto doesn't get shine or attention, only then will Boruto fans realize the flaws in the series as they are not being blinded by the appearance of their favorite character.

Personally, I don't think anything from Naruto/Sasuke vs Jigen round 1, to the Boro fight and the Amado interrogation, all the way to where we are now has been properly handled by the writers. The last chapter may have been the best one because it's the only chapter that has had proper build up. Everything before it was a mess of poor paneling and out of nowhere additions. The Chidori and Baryon Mode are only two examples of this.

But anyways, this thread was meant to be about which sensei/student duo was better. Someone might wanna lock this thread since it's probably gonna keep going off topic regardless of how many people try to put it back on topic.
Huh no. I’m sorry but you weren’t even around at the time, unless you’re an alt, so it’s pretty hard for you to judge the reaction at the time and act like you know exactly what was being said.

The thing that most Boruto fans stated is that this fight was written for Sarada AND Mitsuki and that in consequence, they had to make Boruto looks the way he did during that fight because the manga is not able to make everyone look competent. It’s always about contrast.
You think I’m hating on Sasuke if I said Naruto was made to look stupid, this way Sasuke can look like the competent one against Jigen?

It doesn’t mean people were hating on her (contrary to the general attitude Boruto get from her fanbase). She was just a factor to explain why they wrote him that way.

People weren’t unhappy because Sarada and Mitsuki were shining but because Boruto himself was reduced to a punching bag and Rasengan spammer. Boruto was the problem, not them.
Also, the complains also started waaaaay before she got Chidori.

So now how do you go from this to = Boruto fans were so salty because Sarada got chidori? That’s simply deforming and ignoring the problem we have with this fight. Would my opinion of the fight change if Sarada used a fireball instead of a chidori? No. My complains about Boruto would be the exact same.

This illusion that Boruto fans think the work is exempt of flaws and never criticized the manga or anime until the Boro fight is nothing but a pure illusion. It’s bullshit.
But compared to the excessive negativity present on this forums, our complains are just less frequent but they always existed.

You mean fans are in the wrong because they are more invested in a character than another?

atones25

All that means is Naruto is teaching him jutsu.
Iirc a mentor is someone you look up to guidance in a particular field. That's not what Naruto is for Kawaki.
That's exactly what Naruto is to Kawaki, and so much more. He believed Kawaki had talent in ninjutsu, so he taught it to him. This last chapter just shows how much of an impact this had on Kawaki's life. It was another reason for him to stay alive and keep fighting.

Abcdjdj1234

There's no betrayal.

Apparently a shadow hokage cannot give a future Hokage advice and guidance

We acting as if jiraya doesn't exist 0 IQ much less ignore the fact that sasuke is her father :dumbpepe :dumbpepe
and what happened to that? I remember a few years ago people were telling don't worry naruto will train sarada but they never even talked post gaiden lmao

Abcdjdj1234

Damn never knew jiraya couldn't give naruto any advice or guidance beyond jutsus coz naruto was following the Hokage path unlike jiraya :too fresh

Guess kishimoto was smoking crack :smoke

Mapel

That's exactly what Naruto is to Kawaki, and so much more. He believed Kawaki had talent in ninjutsu, so he taught it to him. This last chapter just shows how much of an impact this had on Kawaki's life. It was another reason for him to stay alive and keep fighting.
Kawaki doesnt give a hoot about jutsu or ninja, he just needed that to deal with Jigen.

Kawaki literally stated Naruto is his sole reason for living. He is basically a fanatic.
Seeing someome as a mentor=/= completely idolizing that person.

Apparently a shadow hokage cannot give a future Hokage advice and guidance

We acting as if jiraya don't exist :dumbpepe :dumbpepe
Sasuke can give Sarada advice but not to the extent at which he gives Boruto, simply because Boruto choose to walk the path of a shadow and Sasuke knows what it entails.

atones25

The thing that most Boruto fans stated is that this fight was written for Sarada AND Mitsuki and that in consequence, they had to make Boruto looks the way he did during that fight because the manga is not able to make everyone look competent. It’s always about contrast.
You think I’m hating on Sasuke if I said Naruto was made to look stupid, this way Sasuke can look like the competent one against Jigen?
It doesn’t mean people were hating on her (contrary to the general attitude Boruto get from her fanbase). She was just a factor to explain why they wrote him that way.

People weren’t unhappy because Sarada and Mitsuki were shining but because Boruto himself was reduced to a punching bag and Rasengan spammer. Boruto was the problem, not them.
I never said that Boruto fans' reaction to Sarada's shine was the sole reason or anything remotely close to it. I said, that Boruto fans bringing up Sarada getting shine whilst complaining about Boruto's lack of shine, was the reason why Sarada fans got involved, as it was the original question I was answering.

Also, the complains also started waaaaay before she got Chidori.

So now how do you go from this to = Boruto fans were so salty because Sarada got chidori?
I never said Boruto fans were salty about the Chidori. I stated that Boruto fans were upset about a 2 month "shaft" that Sarada fans had to experience for over 3 years. I only used this as justification as to why Sarada fans were involved.

I understand Boruto fans were mad at the inconsistencies, but that's a grievance I've had with his character too. The only reason I brought up the Chidori, was to explain that the build up/writing in the manga was poor. Chidori, along with Baryon Mode were just thrown in as a convenience for the writers.

Even Boruto fans, have been complaining since the start of the series about things they disliked. This illusion that Boruto fans think the work is exempt of flaws and never criticized the manga or anime until the Boro fight is nothing but a pure illusion. It’s bullshit.
But compared to the excessive negativity present on this forums, our complains are just less frequent but they always existed.

You mean fans are in the wrong because they are more invested in a character than another?
Yes, but you cannot deny that Boruto fans were also dragging Sarada fans about their complaints for ages as well. Maybe I over exaggerated the "only in 2 months part", but my basis is that Sarada fans have had far less than Boruto fans, so inevitably they would complain much more.

I doubt Sarada fans would complain as much as they are if Sarada got similar treatment as Boruto, or at least started off as an already irrelevant character not worth investing in.

Abcdjdj1234

Sasuke can give Sarada advice but not to the extent at which he gives Boruto, simply because Boruto choose to walk the path of a shadow and Sasuke knows what it entails.
Damn they should've made Tsunade or Hiruzen narutos sensei :too fresh

How dare kishi make jiraya his sensei and give him limited advice instead of someone who became hokage :catdrake

What you're saying doesn't even make sense, sasuke can fully advice sarada on whatever since he's seen the failures of the village and shinobi system first hand, is best friends with a hokage and even his sensei was a hokage. Not to mention itachi was basically called the real hokage...

He literally met the past hokage and understood the village and the system first hand from hashirama, tobirama and hiruzen

Why do you think Orochimaru summoned the last hokage to talk with sasuke? Sasuke was not going to be hokage and yet kishi made them guide him. Naruto was going to be hokage so they should've talked with him right? Is he dumb?

You're kidding if you think Sasuke cannot advise her to the full extent, actually it'll be better than naruto who probably has just a simple idealistic view :diout

Also, again, what happened to the naruto advising her part? Never even talked once :catskully

Sagebee

Kawaki doesnt give a hoot about jutsu or ninja, he just needed that to deal with Jigen.

Kawaki literally stated Naruto is his sole reason for living. He is basically a fanatic.
Seeing someome as a mentor=/= completely idolizing that person.

That's not true kawakii has shown interest in learning ninjutsu and just because he primarily sees him as a father figure doesnt mean he doesnt see him as a mentor as well especially when both roles overlap.

As boruto idolizes sasuke so does kawakii to naruto and will seek his guidance.

Mapel

How dare kishi make jiraya his sensei and give him limited advice instead of someone who became hokage :catdrake
Implying Kishi did a good job with Naruto's hokage path. :diout

Naruto aspired to be Hokage, a leader of shinobi, but never sought to occupy a position of leadership before that up until the final arc.

He also didn't bother seeking guidance from previous leaders.

All of his actual hokage/leadership training was off-screened in the post war gap.

Baciscally Kishi's build up to Naruto becoming Hokage was garbage. I don't see why Sarada should be the same.

Sagebee

What you're saying doesn't even make sense, sasuke can fully advice sarada on whatever since he's seen the failures of the village and shinobi system first hand, is best friends with a hokage and even his sensei was a hokage. Not to mention itachi was basically called the real hokage...

He literally met the past hokage and understood the village and the system first hand from hashirama, tobirama and hiruzen

Why do you think Orochimaru summoned the last hokage to talk with sasuke? Sasuke was not going to be hokage and yet kishi made them guide him. Naruto was going to be hokage so they should've talked with him right? Is he dumb?

You're kidding if you think Sasuke cannot advise her to the full extent, actually it'll be better than naruto who probably has just a simple idealistic view :diout

Also, again, what happened to the naruto advising her part? Never even talked once :catskully
It's already established boruto wants to be like sasuke and sarada wants to be like naruto and follow there respective paths

And writers made it clear of making there kids distinct from there parents and following there own paths

Abcdjdj1234

It's already established boruto wants to be like sasuke and sarada wants to be like naruto and follow there respective paths

And writers made it clear of making there kids distinct from there parents and following there own paths
And? Nowhere did I deny that, you think I want sarada to be a shadow hokage or go evil? :facepalmed

Mapel

Yeah right before deciding on a bloody revolution
I'm sure that's what Sarada needs to learn..

Sasuke is more suited to advising Boruto, a kid who wants to work in his field of expertise than Sarada who wants to do something compeletly different

Abcdjdj1234

Implying Kishi did a good job with Naruto's hokage path. :diout

Naruto aspired to be Hokage, a leader of shinobi, but never sought to occupy a position of leadership before that up until the final arc.

He also didn't bother seeking guidance from previous leaders.
And kishi gave it to sasuke instead and made him speak about the shinobi system and the village to the founder hokage and all the other past hokage.

Which again validates my pointtthat sasuke is fully capable of guiding sarada better than anyone else :martin
All of his actual hokage/leadership training was off-screened in the post war gap.

Baciscally Kishi's build up to Naruto becoming Hokage was garbage. I don't see why Sarada should be the same.
Sarada's hokage build up is non existent forget garbage

And again my point, sasuke is better capable of guiding her than naruto whom you say has had a garbage build up to hokage :catdrake

Yeah right before deciding on a bloody revolution
I'm sure that's what Sarada needs to learn..
Yes because sarada is that retarded

By that logic is boruto going to go evil and start a revolution because sasuke is guiding him? No. Again makes no sense :martin
Sasuke is more suited to advising Boruto, a kid who wants to work in his field of expertise than Sarada who wants to do something compeletly different
Not if he literally knows great details about saradas field of expertise from previous hokages themselves :catsleep

Like I said jiraya was narutos mentor and he was no inferior in guiding him. It doesn't make a difference.

Last edited:

Corvida

Anda de dia la noche es mia
There's no betrayal.

Complete and absolute
abandonement trauma
neglect
sharing at 4 years old

worse
he is the father of an abandonjed child

that doesnt make cabbage Sasuke´s child

not makes Sarada´s abandonement issues less obvious

of fucking course HE CAN AND MUST

for all cojones sake WHAT DO YOU THINK HE WOULD TELL TO A WOULD BE HOLAHE WHEN HE IS PUTTING HIMELF AND NARUTO-THE HOLAGE-AS EXAMPLES?

COJONES FRITOS

that´s it?
he missed his daugher lifeand THAT´S IT???

No

he isnt

he is a neglectful parent himself but as you can see he has adopted another kid
adopted

as in being a parent figure
parent
not mentor while Sarada HAS A BIOLOGICAL FATHER who doesnt figure as that in her life

Last edited:

Mapel

And kishi gave it to sasuke instead and made him speak about the shinobi system and the village to the founder hokage and all the other past hokage.

Which again validates my pointtthat sasuke is fully capable of guiding sarada better than anyone else :martin
Again if Sarada wants to be Hokage, she is better off seeking advice from the greatest Hokage in history

Not Sasuke.
This is just common sense.

Sarada's hokage build up is non existent forget garbage
Her's is better than Naruto who had literally no leadership background or training up until the final arc. :diout

dergeist

Again if Sarada wants to be Hokage, she is better off seeking advise from the greatest Hokage in history

Not Sasuke.

That's a silly argument, one seeks advice from the shadow to understand the otherwise of the coin so they can be the greatest Hokage in existence:yoder

Her's is better than Naruto who had literally no leadership background or training up until the final arc. :diout

Asura connects people, Naruro still wasn't a leader in the final arc, he was more of an inspirer. Sasuke was even the leader in the fight against Kaguya, until Cuckashi pulled out his DMS, so.. :dotell

Mapel

That's a silly argument, one seeks advice from the shadow to understand the otherwise of the coin so they can be the greatest Hokage in existence:yoder
Sasuke spends years chasing after aliens, he doesn't know jack about running a village.

Asura connects people, Naruro still wasn't a leader in the final arc, he was more of an inspirer. Sasuke was even the leader in the fight against Kaguya, until Cuckashi pulled out his DMS, so.. :dotell
Sasuke was a shit leader though, all he did was boss people around and toss Sakura to the side.

And this was before his "Revolution" scheme which was also more proof that he is a shit leader.

dergeist

Sasuke spends years chasing after aliens, he doesn't know jack about running a village.

So Jiraiya spent years chasing Oro, and Soloking as an outsiders (from the shadows) working for the village. Yet he advised Naruto about Asspullnato and Madara. Anyway, chasing aliens and knowing about the otherwise outside world are important to the Hokage. They are external factors that impact a village, and would produce a better leader. Therefore, nobody is better placed than Sasuke, as for the inside the Hokage has assistants and advisors. Look at Tsunade, Naruto Hiruzen etc, they don't need to know much about "running."

Sasuke was a shit leader though, all he did was boss people around and toss Sakura to the side.

And this was before his "Revolution" scheme which was also more proof that he is a shit leader.

That is what the Hokage does, he gives orders they are followed. Last time I checked that hadn't changed. Anyway, both were fighting because of the soloking, arguing about his ideology that was what the final fight was about. They even talk about the soloking before they begin it.

Last edited:

Abcdjdj1234

Again if Sarada wants to be Hokage, she is better off seeking advice from the greatest Hokage in history

Not Sasuke.
That would be hashirama probably, not naruto

Regardless, you think we'd be unhappy if naruto was her mentor? Hell no, the problem always been been that the parent - idol swap was one sided bullshit in favor of boruto leaving sarada nowhere
:scoobyhuh

Didn't naruto inspire like a shit ton of people on the way and had people acknowledge him? No one gives a shit about sarada in the anime, she doesn't have a relationship with any of the future daimyo and kage, boruto does and so on

Also being randomly declared team leader with no previous justification since boruto did literally everything in the ao fight doesn't even make sense and is pretty meaningless unless she does something going ahead

Altiora Night

Demonsbane
>He says ignoring how Bort stans wailed when Sarada used Chidori and went after Kodachi about Boruto spamming Rasengan in the Boro fight

It's always funny seeing Altiora preach from his high horse
Funny how you say that as if ALL or the majority of Boruto fans were sad that Boruto didn't get Chidori. :lmao

People were mostly dissatisfied about Boruto's use of Rasengan & shadow clones as well as Boro's performance himself during the entire fight. It's not my problem that you are selective when reading.

Yet, NONE of that compares to all of the whining from you guys.

When it comes to whining, you guys are top-class.

Oh and...

I'm okay with bad writing when my faves benefit.
:Mshad

Don't forget that's shit you used to say too.

Top Bottom