1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

What's next?

Discussion in 'Black Clover' started by White Wolf, Sep 26, 2018.

1. White Wolf

With the elf storyline (generally) wrapping up (seemingly) and a lot of them being quite underwhelming in light of Asta's new weapon and the power of the higher ranked knights, what are you expecting out of the next arc(s) to come?

Do you see any "final villain" potential in anything we've seen thus far, or do you think it'll be exposed at another point in time?

Right now we have:
    - Diamond Kingdom
    ◘ With Mars being on Clover's side for the most part and a lot of them already defeated the odds of them posing any huge threat are minimal imo, they seem to be good contenders for Clover-Allies if they go through a major rebuilding process where whoever runs the place and the experiments gets sacked.
    - Spade Kingdom
    ◘ They've been name dropped 2x(?) thus far and it's always been in a seemingly "minor" way where Clover's dealt with Spade fodders.
    - Heart Kingdom
    ◘ The most secretive of all the card suits; outside of the map in the anime and the databook it's (as far as I know/remember) never been directly referenced in the manga.

Personally I have hopes for the heart kingdom the most, with how little we have on them it feels like they're being kept under wraps for bigger things to come. Similar logic applies to Spade but I expect them showing up sooner rather than later since we already have some mention of them to work with.

Once this arc ends, regardless of the outcome I could see Asta and a smaller group travel to Diamond Kingdom to see Mars for... reasons and end up mixed up in some minor trouble where we start to meet more of Diamond's citizens but also some Spade ones.

After that it could lead into a bigger arc with Clover+Diamond vs Spade for some fun times (though hopefully more interesting/attention grasping than this current one, with less dragging out :catroll)

Gimme your thoughts an theories :catcane

Tags:
  2. vicucha

Depending on what we learn about either Asta or Yuno's origins, etc that might also lead to an arc.

3. Akainusama

Flag:
    United States
    I feel the plot is going by way too quick. Honestly speaking I thought the Elves would most likely be like end-game protagonists. I really want to see where this manga is heading cause it went from getting me hyped up to, "What really? That soon!"

4. Sequester

The pacing always seemed kinda fast throughout to me.

5. MysticBlade

The author said if possible he wants Black clover to continue as long as one piece or Naruto.

This is going to be long.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Akainusama

Flag:
    United States
    Wow, let's just hope this doesn't become another Fairy Tail.

7. Alita54

I honestly thought this might be the final arc. Licht and his gang always felt like they would be the final villians. Licht did kill the strongest mage in the kingdom and has pretty much taken over. I suppose he could do a whole new set of villians after Licht tho.

8. White Wolf

Same, I mean with the buildup and everything this whole arc has felt pretty odd, with Licht's implication of being against the "evil" Elves and wanting to save them, on top of Clover just winning more battles than expected; it's been progressing a lot faster (while also feeling incredibly slow... optics op) than really expected.

Initially there was a popular belief that Clover would end up fleeing to another Kingdom and they'd train and go through different arcs on a path to stop the Elves down the road, but now that doesn't look even remotely likely. The Elves are doomed judging by how things are progressing and outside of the manga somehow ending at this stage of the game the only other option is new and stronger enemies appearing.

Now whether that's going to be one of the unknown Kingdoms, or something else... it should be an interesting experience regardless.

9. Soljah

I hope litch, liar, and maybe a few other exceptional elves get away to regain their strength because if they get beat now they gotta go ahead and reveal asta and Yuno past faster since we know they have a connection

10. Tayimus

I don't think Aster/Yuno's past is as important as learning what happened with the elves. I'm thinking we'll find out who really massacred the elves, and this is the ending of the first major arc.

11. TheOmega

Yuno's gonna find out he's the last living member of the elf race and he's gonna defect in order to collect the 9 magic spirits & reap revenge

12. waldoputty

work with elves with defeat the demons that rampage the world from the gate.
    then invade the demon realm to stop the invasion.

13. Skaddix

As for Fairy Tail not nearly enough fan service.