1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

What's Next?

Discussion in 'One Piece Manga Archive' started by Maffy the Love Doctor, Aug 29, 2005.

1. Maffy the Love Doctor

Aight, this is a thread for you to discuss what you believe will happen after this Enies Lobby/Water 7 arc.

I think the Strawhats will get a new crewmate or two, some characters will have new bounties, and they'll get a new ship. As for their next adventure, i don't think anything serious will happen so soon, but i think that they'll eventually get the buster call. I have a strong feeling that they'll get the buster call sometime after they beat CP9 and get their nakama back. I'm also hoping we'll see Shanks and Whitebeard's meeting, and maybe some more of Ace and Blackbeard.

Tags:
  2. UPRC

After the Water 7 arc, we are seriously going to need a cooldown arc.. A comic relief arc. I wouldn't be able to handle another mega arc right away..

After a cooldown arc, I think that we'd probably see one of the following as a possible villain:
    a) Donquixote Doflamingo or Bartholomew Bear
    b) Blackbeard
    c) Buster Call, and some pretty threatening Marines
    d) What's up with Buggy, Smoker, or Shanks
    e) A new villain of some sort

3. Jeltz

They have to cross the red line pretty soon or else this manga would go on forever. But before a redline related arc there will probably be some smaller arc so that we don't get one enormous arc after the other.

4. DideeKawaii

Yeah i start to be affraid for Oda, that he putted too many character to fight against now. Those marines, the pirate tournament....red line...

Tho it's going to be amazing, i do think the best is yet to come!

Tho i also think that Jump magazine dont want him finish it. I mean this serie is like money in the bank. As big as Dragon Ball in japan. And i think Oda just wanna be richer lol.

Plus it's easier for him, he's used to draw all those characters, it's like a second nature for him. In fact maybe he just dont want to stop anymore lol.

5. Code

Well when Luffy meets Ace again, I'm sure he'll meet Blackbeard too seeing as how Ace is chasing after him. And well... those are all 3 Ds in the manga so far. So I'd think that'd be saved for much later.

Then around chapter 300, we saw a scene of Donflamingo. So I'm thinking after this arc, it'd be another thing related to Shichibukai, maybe not neccessarily Donflamingo, possibly Bartholemew Bear or somebody(Or both in 1 arc...).

Though the inbetween stuff in the arc should be Shanks related as we haven't seen him do anything in a while (and the last words we saw him say was that he's not going to stay quiet... referring to the government and the whole Shanks/Whitebeard meeting).

6. Maffy the Love Doctor

tru that. i wanna know what happened or what's going to happen with this meeting.

7. stormbreak

I am sure Sanji will get a high bounty, all those people he has beaten... I am also guessing it will be time for Luffy and Zoro to get a even higher bounty. And i am guessing that Usopp may come back to the crew, maybe after this arc or soon after.

8. Giant Enemy Crab

Man all I know is that I want to see Hina as the next villan and see Mr. 2 Vivi and Shanks again.

9. pakku

Whoa there, I must have missed something. This is the first I've heard of a OP tournament being hinted at...

Anyway, I'm hoping for a somewhat less dramatic arc, as everybody else... more of an adventure-themed one, like the Grand Line islands before Arabasta. And a reappearance by Smoker, sometime. It's been too long.

10. Wrath

There will probably be a random short arc of some sort like the Drum Empire or Foxy arcs and then we'll get on one of the big new plot lines.

I'm looking forward to the Pirate Summit, but we might get something before then.

11. Freija

he means the Pirate Summit i belive.

12. Jeltz

Isn't the pirates summit just the later part of the Grand Line where only the greater pirates can survive?

13. pakku

Stephen said himself that the "pirates' summit" is simply an expression, not an event or place. What Ace meant by "we'll meet again at the pirates' summit" was that they would meet again when Luffy was among the top of the pirates, up there with Shank, Whitebeard and the like. He seemed quite sure of it, as he ended the post with "further debate is pointless."

A few other people that speak Japanese said more of the same, so I think that's reason enough to erase any doubt.

14. smurfx

next you may see blackbeard become one of the Shichibukai and then have a ace/blackbeard arc with luffy thrown in for fun. i don't think luffy will fight blackbeard since that's ace's guy that he must defeat. after all he did hurt some of ace's nakama. ace is reponsible for defeating him not luffy.

15. kapsi

I wonder if Ace will fight the ice marine guy.

16. Maffy the Love Doctor

i doubt it, it'd be too easy for ace :laugh.

17. Code

Well I personally don't think Ace is up to that level yet. He's one of the 3 grand admmirals. So it'd make sense than only the strongest of pirates can beat them. But then again, Ace seems to be #2 in the crew of the "Strongest Pirate In The World" Whitebeard, but that's only if Sengoku the Buddha is stronger than the 3 Grand Admirals or else the Pirates vs Marine would be a bit lopsided if the strongest of the marines can be taken down by someone who isn't the strongest of the pirates.

18. kapsi

BTW the rope action guy will join them I think.

19. dragonofraven

No way, Paulie's not going to join. He's interesting and all, but the fact of the matter is that Franky is more of a main character, plus Paulie doesn't seem strong enough to join.

Now, as to what's next, I think there's a chance they'll do a cooler arc, but very short like with Foxy. After that, I think they'll go up against another Shichibukai, probably not Doflamingo due to his bounty, unless of course the Bear guy will be saved for a different member of the Straw Hat Crew, which seems likely since at the moment I don't see him as a guy fighting Luffy, unless they're going to use him like they used Blueno and he's going to get his ass kicked by Luffy before he moves right on to the next guy. Maybe they'll do Blackbeard next, that would be interesting, especially since he doesn't have too big a crew.

20. Raptor

Well there are a lot of options. fist i'd go with their new ship and the bustercall. each member get's a bounty now, since each one is supposed to beat a cp9. After that it could be against the marines Admirals, Blackbeard or the Shichibukai.

About new members i have a feeling that Tashigui, smoker or both will join later. don't ask me how i call it a hunch. For whitebeard and shanks they will be meeting when they hear that enies lobie was decimated by the Straw Hats crew.

I can even see the WG proclaiming that the pirate who defeats Monkey D. Luffy become the next shichibukai. yeah :amuse

21. Mindless

Hm... Franky will definately join their crew, so that covers the 'new crew member(s)' part.

And after they take down CP9 and the other guys at Enies Lobby, I really hope they meet up with Shanks or Ace, might be cool if they had an encounter with Whitebeard too. :)

22. Baby Raptor

i wonder about Shank and WHitebeard hear from news about Luffy crew defeat Marine Island and scat away from island suppose said any priate can't escape from that island

23. Mindless

I can just imagine their face when they see the WANTED posters after that. They have pretty much made the whole world their enemy and that will put a very big bounty on their heads. Maybe even the Shichibukai (think that's how it's spelled) will want to have Luffy among them? :p

But I think Ace, Shank and the guys will be very surprised to see what they have done. And I can just imagine the bounties on their heads.

Something like this maybe?

Monkey D. Luffy: 220.000.000

Roronoa Zoro: 150.000.000

Nico Robin: 120.000.000

Sanji: 90.000.000

Sogeking: 70.000.000

Chopper: 65.000.000

Nami: 75.000.000

Which adds up to about, uhm... 790 million Beli for a crew of seven people. :p

Just a 'might happen'-scenario though, but it sure would be very cool to see something like that. :amuse

24. KuwabaraTheMan

After this arc, Paulie and Franky join, most likely along with the others, too.

We'll get some short stuff showing Buggy's crew, Smoker, Whitebeard, Shanks, the Shichibukai, etc.

Then we'll continue on to the next story arc, which will probably involve one of the Shichibukai members.

25. simple_be

luffy only 220.000.000?it have to be more..those bounties are very small for someone who declared war against the government..and sogeking will have a higher bounty than sanji since he is the one who burned the world government flag lol

hina will only be a semi-villan in a very small arc..about bon clay(mr.2) and vivi or shanks will see them certainly in the end of this arc...spandam will inform during the battle that the strawhats defeated the cp9 and burn their flag or some marine will..then they will increase their bounty and the news pappers will show their bounties in very short time..so..you will see their reaction(the old friends of the members of the strawhats) and shanks with whitebeard talking seeing that will be alot of fun.

possible yes..but it will take a long time until that...the pirate vs marine/world government war will happen perhaps in the last part of one piece...so it's possible for smoker join them(since smoker doesn't like very much how the world government lead the things..and also he somehow got "touched" by that smile of gol d. roger before he died)

well.. i still hope the next arc is in elbaf..since they met those 2 giants from elbaf i'm always waiting for that..

but i want to see what will happen to those who helped the strawhats in the enies..like paullie and the others..

26. Baby Raptor

i dont think so , Paulie was not type of priates but he will lend hand to Luffy crew but it is possible , Franky will join Luffy crew since luffy want to find who is priate can sing and building ship

27. Raptor

Mark my words. they will be talking when news arive to them about how the Straw Hats decimated Enies Lobby.

Sounds too small for me. Luffy made the world his enemy and he and his crew will be the first ones EVER to invade Ennies Lobby and decimate it along with 10,000 marines, and the government special assasination group. not to mention they burned the WG flag. All of that for a crewmember. That says something about the danger Luffy will represent from now on. I wouldn't be surprised if Luffy bounty surpassess the 500 grand mark. or even the 1 billion mark.

28. Molekage

is roger's bounty ever shown?

after this arc, i think they will spend some time developing the rest of the characters, like ace, ao koji, dragon, whitebeard, etc and some of the old folks will come back as crew members. oda currently has too many undeveloped characters on his hands, so he should really just develop the ones he has.

on that note, i think that this battle might give rise to one of CP9 joining the straw hats, probably califa or kaku, who seem to be the most agreeable. luffy needs ever stronger nakama, and where better to get them?

29. jaks5555

i think rogers was something like 1 trillion being the priate king and all.

also i think the straw hats will bounty will equal 1 billion of all the 7 SH + Franky cause i think he will join the group

30. Baby Raptor

Shank will meet to Luffy as friend or enemy ? in future but Whitebeard dont like to talk with Red Shank

and Shank 's group have son in Luffy crew is usopps ? how is reaction between father and son in different priate crew ?