1. chrolloseum
    Take your chances in The Chrolloseum!
    Opened September 29th through October 15th
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Whats the meaning of life?

Discussion in 'Philosophical Forum' started by Pa!n, Jul 23, 2005.

1. Pa!n

:p its a realy hard question to think about.... no one that lived one life can say the true meaning of beeng alive... so whats the meaning of life to you?

Tags:
  2. Toiletnojutsu

To find the true meaning of life is impossible, you have to die to figure that out I think. But you could also listen to the boring "blah blah blah each and every person have to find their own meaning of life blah blah=. But I guess life is what you make it.

As long as I'm happy I couldnt care less :knk

3. Noex

well the meaning of life...hmmm..... well life is what u make of it, i dont really think that life has a special meaning, evolotion just had its way and now we are here, we just have to make the best of the time that has been given to us i think :D so plz dont waste ur life thinking about it, just live.

4. mow

Just live your life. Be kind to everyone, hold no grudges and hope that you find love.

Always put a smile on your face, never frown. Be sure to tell everyone you know how much they trully mean to you, and enjoy the little things in life; and all the joy they bring.

And most important of all, just be happy. With yourself, with what you have, and with everyone.

5. Kucheeky Badkuya

Watch the Monty Python movie and you will know.

6. kapsi

To find the meaning or sth

7. Noex

well true, so true, but then again ppl all over the world dont have the same life conditions that some do. so they are probally the most pppl who like the little things in life and appriciate it, some take TV and cloaths and even food for granted, u really shouldn?t.

8. Tessen

I think the meaning of life differs between ppl and their enviroments. So basically there is no true answer. For me it is to be there for the ppl I love.

9. mow

How much do you guys want to bet that someone will say the meaning of life is 42?

10. Noex

why not just find your place in the world and hang on to it, i rather be with my friends and family then anything else, thats good enough for me i think :D hahaha

11. Toiletnojutsu

The meaning of life is 42

12. mow

Damn, no one made any bets.

13. The Mist

This is such a easy question to answer.

14. 012345789

My meaning is doing what I need to do to survive and watching other people ask about the meaning of life.

15. Toiletnojutsu

I'm so smart!!

<.<

42 + twisty = 24 = day + twisty = yay = Fun
    Toilets guide to the galaxy.

Edit NOOO its wrong!! It's yad -___- Why is the meaning of life yad!

16. The Mist

Spoiler: hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Spoilers =X
    The number 42 as an answer to the question of the meaning of life is a reference to a joke in Douglas Adams's book The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. An advanced race of hyper-intelligent pan-dimensional beings (mice) builds a gigantic computer called "Deep Thought" to find the Answer to "Life, the Universe, and Everything!". Seven and a half million years later, the computer gave the answer: "42". After the answer was given, the pan-dimensional beings realized that they did not know the question and an even larger computer (the Earth) was built to find it; however the Earth is destroyed minutes before the final readout. The question is still found though, by Arthur Dent (one of the few that escaped the Earth's destruction). By taking random letters from a Scrabble set he gets: "What do you get when you multiply six by nine" (which involves some artistic license, as there are insufficient letters in an English Scrabble set to make up this sentence). Since 6 x 9 = 54, (although, when in Base 13, 6 x 9 = 42) this being the question would imply that the universe is bizarre and irrational; on the other hand, there is no proof that this was the actual question.

yay wikipedia :p

moe//sorry old chap, that post already ruined the book for someone, though a spoiler tag would suffice =]

17. Kabuto_o

Maybe everything is just logical and humans is made to think about stuff like that. People live to die, when they are dead, they do not exist anymore.

Some people think they will come to heaven when they die, but would that make any sense at all? Of course not, but if you think about it nothing makes sense. So it could be possible. Technology and physics is kind of strange too, I wonder if they are the same whereever we go...

Humans were probably made to survive, every being was probably made that way. It's like everything was made perfect, humans could invent new stuff, develop stuff survive on they own think logical. But still it's not perfect at all, why wasn't the world made perfect, no diseases, conflicts, pain, the possibilites are endless, so is the universe.

Think about this, what if there was no universe, what would there be? everything dark? How could everything be created if there was nothing in the first place. Don't think our brains could even handle that information. My thoughts on this subject are endless too so I'll stop write here :)

18. Zhongda

hmm well it depends, some religions mention what you should do with your life.
    If your an atheist then this can't apply to you.

for instance in Islam Life is supposed to be a test, when you die.. you enter Heaven or hell depending on what you did in your life...
    the same can be said for most religions i guess.

19. Kabuto_o

That's strange, one of my theorys was exactly like that and I don't know anything about religions. That's got to be it! :smile-big

20. EDhg

"Life is obviously what you make of it, and perhaps it's my buddhist inclinations that make me believe that to live is to be in heaven, and so life is the gift that we were all meant to experience. Even at its worst, living is still better than not living. Experiencing pain is still better than experiencing nothing. Experiencing Love is better than experiencing anything else, and through that line of logic, the meaning of life is to love. It sounds somewhat cheesy until you really give it some thought. Those of you who have ever been in love know what I'm talking about...."

I'm quoting what someone( Twizted3584) said quite awhile ago. I stand by that statment as well.:)

21. kapsi

Hey thanks a lot for spoilers, I haven't read all parts of Hitchhiker's Guide yet :mad

22. Zhongda

yup! :thumbs

23. akuma no omoigakenai saku

Skittles. The creation of skittles was the sole purpose of life being spawned into our universe.

That's about as good an answer as any.

24. Sakata no Kintoki

Nothing has a purpose until you give it one. A hair dryer, as a random example, doesn't have 'meaning' until you decide to use it to dry things.

25. AkiraDono

sorry.. but you have to figure it out yourself...
    if you follow what others say... would you call that a life?

26. Justice (inactive)

Agreed, the meaning of life is infact 42.

27. fantzipants

To love and be loved... now go out there and enjoy life.

28. AbnormallyNormal

this is a really poor question filled with assumpotions that need to be questioned themselves first. such as, IS there a meaning to life? If so, is there only one? Is it equal for all beings? etc.

29. Quintessential

Flag:
    Nigeria
    The "meaning" of life is subjective,whatever each of us does,despite what it was we did is what we meant and is thus our meaning.

30. Taisaku

everyone has there own meaning of life