1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

What's up with the Sai-hating?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by ZeonNoMamono, Nov 23, 2005.

1. ZeonNoMamono Eighth Division Ninth Seat

Okay, he's been around for only a few chapters, and all we really know is he's insulted Naruto and Sakura, has something to do with this "Root" ANBU Squad, and he draws things which come to life.

Now, why do people seem to hate him? I don't get it. Then again, I never understood the Sakura hating but... Could someone help me out here?

Tags:
  2. RockLee is no brethren unto Kaminae

Because he's a dick and has odd fashion sense. Not to mention he's Oro pale and associated with the fugly Danzou, to boot.

3. uncanny_sama Que Veux-tu

hes lame, has crap jutsu, he wheres girl clothes witch made over 70% of this forum think he was a girl before it was confimed and that wasnt even entirly because of his clothes

other then that hes an asswhipe (even worse then sasuke, and the fact that it didnt take over a 100 chapters to find out that he is gay and that he sucks ass just like sasuke did near the ending of part 1)

now all we have to do is wait for sasuke to come back to skool this bitches ass

and after that naruto can go 9-chakra-tailed-kyuubi-freestyle on sasukes ass
    the joy would be like episode 133 times 1000 :amuse

4. Gallic Rush Why not?

We all know the real reason is because like 80% of the people on this forum thought he was a she and now resent him for not being a she :laugh Maybe if we give him time he can get a fanbase, but there are still too many bitter people :amuse

5. icoselitham Lost

Cuz that cross dresser has a dirty mouth that needs to be washed out with soap. And he has a baton that looks like it belongs to the police witch he probably stole from the Uchiha Police Force after they were massacred.

6. AEmer Member

Eh...it's prolly cause a lot of people here relate to naruto(the character), and hate the fact that Sai didn't get beat up after insulting him...

7. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

He has a Fan Club after doing nothing; I hate his outfit; I dislike his fighting techniques; I hate how he gets a lot of love after only insulting Naruto; I hate all the attention surrounding him.

I should say that he's the first person that I've thoroughly disliked like this.

8. Odlam Team 7 4 Life

I dont hate him in the sense that I stay up at night thinking bad thoughts about him, Hes actually a very interesting character. But I am looking forward to the day somebody in the story beats the hell out of him. Some characters you don't "hate", but you do look forward to them being put in thier place. Like Deidara, I love Deidara to death, but I'm gonna equally love it the day somebody stomps on his cocky tail for real.

9. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

I like Sai... It's clear he's hiding something.

He kind of reminds me of Haku.

10. Gallic Rush Why not?

Yamato did even less than Sai and he has a FC as well :S

That's no reason to hate the guy.

Why can't everyone just admit they hate Sai because he's a guy? If he was a girl like most of you wanted, you would be defending Sai at this very moment.

Wouldn't you?!

WOULDN'T YOU?!?!?!

Edit:
    This brings up something that I've also been conjecturing on: some of the pervs out here probably had naughty thoughts about Sai assuming he was a girl :laugh. You can see why they would have such bitter hatred now :amuse

11. uncanny_sama Que Veux-tu

what kind of stupid reason is that to hate him?
    because hes not a girl??
    i wouldn care less if he was a girl, hes stupid has a worse arogant mouth than sasuke

compared to him i like sasuke..
    and i hate sasuke!

12. Hitorio Envoy of Ascension

Wouldn't I?
    Wouldn't I?
    NO
    I knew he was a boy from the start, because I know how Kishi does things with the girly boys.
    I don't dislike him becuase of his gender, that would be unfair. HOWEVER...he insulted Naruto and ran away like a coward instead of getting beat up. He attacks him out of nowhere, and just becuase he blocks a kunai attack, he calls Naruto weak.
    So stop acting like you know everything and believe other people.
    Baka

13. Mukuro Death B4 A Million ?

Ahah! This must be the reason.

I wonder how many of you males thought Sai was hot when you first saw him... :S

14. Gallic Rush Why not?

You're Japanese insults hurt me :sad
    You're taking me entirely too seriously :laugh

I should start putting out disclaimers on my posts when I use sarcasm. Obviously there are some things about Sai that people might not like, his abrasive language, arrogant demeanor, etc. I was making a joke which apparently was lost on you :S

I will try harder in the future! I promise:Gaipose!

Edit: Juuuuust out of curiousty... are you a girl? If you are, you don't count because you wouldn't have thought Sai was attractive in the first place :tem

I KID, I KID!

Unless of course you are a girl :blink

15. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

They're just jealous because Kishimoto didn't name a character after them.

:]

16. ChickenPotPie HAH.

Most people don't like characters with annoying/unlikable personality traits, like the character is real or something.

Oh yeah, and there's that intolerance for drag queens or homosexuals too.

I for one am not one of those people, Sai is awesome so far.

Last edited: Nov 23, 2005
  17. Yasha Procreate

Simple, because he lied about his own gender.

I hate you, Sai. Stop showing your disgusting belly!:mad

18. G. Hawke The one who left

Honestly there is nothing to like about him. :oh
    He sits there drawing stuff, and his jutsu is destroyed easily by both Chouji and Shika. Then he calls Naruto weak based on the fact that he managed block the Kage level attack....a Kunai slash.
    Anti-Naruto people seem to love him because he insults Naruto but honestly the joke is on them. The insults aren't real. Sai is pretending. he doesn'y mean a word he is saying because he has no bloody emotions.
    And finally he is a poor mans version of Sasuke.
    So yeah, i hate him. :oh

19. ZeonNoMamono Eighth Division Ninth Seat

So... From what I can tell there is no canonical base involved in the hate, like with Sakura-chan, just people taking one or two actions and blowing them out of proportion. ^_^ No offense implied, but it's true.

Also, we know next to nothing about him, but since's he's a "myserious bishounen" she's automatically a "Sasuke-copy", getting him haters on both sides of Sasuke's fanbase. Hum...

20. mix_m Red Deck Wins.

He doesn't have a very likable personality; rather than being a badass, he comes across as just being a foul-mouthed jerk. Perhaps if there was some comedy to it, he could come across as being more likable, but I don't think that is his "purpose" in the manga. Sai will provide an antagonistic constrast to Naruto's and Sakura's personalities: it is easiest to see the differences between people than their similiarities.

I do like his Art-Based attacks in terms of their visual style, so it's not all bad.

21. TDM Toast

Uhh everything they said and the overdone "^_^" look.

22. G. Hawke The one who left

Actually you horribly mistaken. There are plenty of reasons to hate Sai.
    It is not merely a matter of blowing things out of proportion. The strongest point is the fact is that Kishi seems to have Sai attempting to recreate the Naruto/Sasuke dynamics by replicating Sasuke's behaviour. Considering i have also thought of the said dynamic as probably one of the best realised rivalries in manga history Sai's actions offend me. The manga is as good as it is because of the superb way Naruto and Sasuke balance each other out. So when u have this wannabe poor version of Sasuke struting around with his fake smiles and honestly stupid insults it annoys me.

And as for Sakura i will be honest here. Part 1 Sakura is easily hatable, actually it almost seemed to me that Kishi created Sakura to be hated. She was bitchy, shallow, stuck up and a poor judge of character. Hatable without a doubt and i hated her. I could easily write an essay on why common sence dictates u hate part 1 Sakura but considering i have my Sakura hating days behind i will leave it at that. :oh

23. HIMURA KENSHIN New Member

Sai is just a tool used by Danzou and he is emotionless. I won't like him if he's going to do anything bad to Naruto.

24. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

The sudden hate is because the Naruto fanboys felt insulted that Sai call him not only dickless but ball less. I mean, its not like Sai was lying you know. :amuse

25. ChickenPotPie HAH.

You mean by being obnoxious? Do you consider Pre Main exam Neji to be similar to Sasuke as well?

26. TDM Toast

"Pre Main Exam Neji" wasn't there to "replace" Sasuke.

27. ZeonNoMamono Eighth Division Ninth Seat

28. G. Hawke The one who left

Uhmm, hate to break this to u but yes he is. Lying i mean. :oh
    Sai had no emotions thus everthing he is saying is fake, pretending or an act.
    Therefore he does not mean anything he says, he is merely a puppet being told what to say and do.
    Such a pathetic little lad.
    Bring back a real badass like Sasuke dammit! :shakefist

29. ChickenPotPie HAH.

But I don't get why Sai's behavior is an obvious attempt at replicating Sasuke's. What makes them similar?

30. TDM Toast

Well, Sasuke was the third member of the three man team. Guess what Sai is now! :nuts