1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

When do you think Midoriya and Shigaraki will meet again?

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Aros001, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Aros001 Member

Personally, I have two either/or requirements for what, in my opinion, separates a good villain from a great villain.

The first for a great villain is that the hero and villain have reasons to give a damn about each other beyond just "Good guy and bad guy he/she is trying to defeat".

The second is simply great/memorable interactions between the hero and villain.

You can have a great villain based just solely on the second. Basically a great hero/villain rivalry built up through all the interactions over the years (Batman and Joker being the biggest example). The former tends to be like Thor and Loki, whom are brothers, Luke and Vader, who are son and father, or Superman and Zod, whom are the last of the same race, or the hero wanting revenge on the villain and vice versa, like All Might and All For One.

Midoriya and Shigaraki I think are great examples of the first. Being the respective successors of All Might and All For One, as well as having conflicting ideologies regarding the hero society of MHA, they have reasons to care about the other beyond just good guy/bad guy. As hero and villain, they are interesting thematically. But to really make it a great dynamic, the two need to have great interactions with each other, and so far there have been very few.

Don't get me wrong, I loved the one between them at the mall. It was the first time I found Shigaraki genuinely intimidating and their talk about Stain's influence gives a great look into both of their characters. I just want more, especially because of how much Midoriya and Shigaraki have grown and changed since that meeting. When will they meet again? What'll happen when these two grown but still growing inheritors of legacy find their paths colliding again?

Tags:
  2. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

I don't know "when" they will meet and have no clue but one thing about the meeting:

When they met at the mall Shiga still didn't know what Deku was to him. He was still planning and thinking about a lot of things. His future and the future of the Heroes and AM that he wanted to crush. He wasn't even threatening Deku he legit just wanted to talk to him.
    He will NEVER be that way again. He is out for Deku's blood now and vice versa. Unless it becomes a thing where they keep fighting and stale-mating then I don't actually see them meeting until a very important battle. Sort of like AM & AFO. I'm anime only so don't know the whole specifics but I don't believe AM and AFO were just always casually chatting and seeing each other in public during his prime days. Once he found AFO he fought him to the "death." Same with the United States of Smash battle. I'm sure he was fighting to the death yet AFO survived again.

I don't forsee convenient meetings to happen ala Naruto where Naruto/Sasuke and Naruto/Obito kept fucking seeing each other every couple chapters then they would just go their own way. Obviously, I could be highly wrong but that's just my take on it.

3. Kellogem Well-Known Member

eh, I dont think you can have a great villain based solely on interactions between the good guy and the bad, and I dont think you necessarily need that for a great villain.

funny, I was thinking about this - not BnH in particular, but how much of a requirement is it for a great villain to have a lot of interaction with the hero.. at the end of the day I think it all depends on the type of the villain and their dynamism.

Im not sure Deku and Shigaraki interacting adds too much to Shigaraki (or Dekus for the matter) character. I think its something to rely on if they'd have past, like Guts and Griffith, or some issue that asks for them meeting and add to their character - like maybe if Shigaraki would end up killing All Might, Id like to see Deku reacting to that in any way with Shigaraki. but as of now, I dont think you would profit a lot from them. Deku would be like with any other major villains - being heroic and shit - I mean what could he say to Shigaraki, or what reason would he have to? no more than interacting with Overhaul or Stain or Muscular. he is just a villain.. And Shigaraki would just probably hate his ass a bit more now, but again, nothing that adds a new layer to their relationship. Shigaraki would just hate him for no legit reason - like how he is just projecting his hate on All Might cause he had a crappy past.

I dont think people considers the Joker a good villain just because of his interactions with the Batman, I think he had an interesting concept and personality/ charisma in general.

Also I think Kotomine in Fate Zero is a great antagonist, yet he meets with his nemesis, Kiritsugu face to face once at the end, and they pretty much only fight and talk like 2 sentence with each other.

you can develop your villains or heroes properly without relying on their interactions.

4. Fleet Admiral Akainu A.K.A. Frank Grimes

They literally have no beef other than "im bad and ur good"

It just happens their mentors (who have an actual excellent dynamic) are mortal enemies.

Seriously who didn't like AFO telling AM "I still have dreams of those fists attacking me while your entrails dragged the floor."

5. 1Person Well-Known Member

Hopefully soon, as far as izuku is concerned shiggy is just another villain who happens to hate AM.

If he's ever gonna be a proper nemesis they're gonna need a lot more interaction

6. Daba100 Member

I don't care in the end deku win :hestonpls

7. BreadBoy #1 Kale Fan

I kind of hope we get another casual talk with them. It'd be hilarious if all of their interactions happen to be in broad daylight on the street or something, forcing both of them to play it cool and not attack the other, since they can't risk hurting innocent civilians/dragging attention of other pro heroes.

8. WorldsStrongest Dio With It

Canada
    I dont think they will meet again until Deku makes great strides in mastering OFAs power.

To the point he can take out some upper level baddies without a handicap, or making HIMSELF handicapped afterwords.

Maybe when Deku becomes a bonafide sidekick? Or when he graduates. Or after a timeskip. Or some combination of these.

Who knows?