1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

When Naruto hits the U.S. tv screens....

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by icoselitham, Aug 7, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. icoselitham

I expect to see a lot more kids wearing forehead protectors and plastic kunais and shiruken everywear.

Tags:
  2. A2L

what's your point?

Also, you're 14... to some you're still a kid =/

3. Birdhouse_05

Lol r u gonna be one of those ppl Ico?

4. Uchiha_Zero

Haha, I hope they do! *smerk*

I'll tell them spoilers. Mwuahaha!:kukuku

5. Phosphorus

I'd wear my forehead protector in public, but people'd be all "WTF? Some new cult?" I don't plan on wearing when it comes here, because then it'll be, like, a little kid thing. Like Yu-gi-oh.

6. Hitorio

Well I think it'll be ok. Toys aren't so bad. I'd just stwal them and sell them back to their parents saying it's brand new, knowing that they don't want to break their childs hearts!! :kukuku :kukuku

7. icoselitham

maybe something will happen similar to pokemon or DBZ. Naruto Burger King Toys maybe?

8. Uchiha_Zero

Yeah! Then I can collect them and sell them on eBay!:p

9. Hitorio

well i can dig burger king stuff. as long as they dont make it too lame.

10. Giant Enemy Crab

God I can imagine it now. "Hey kids come to BK to get you flexible Naruto, Sasuke, Sakura, Kakashi, Iruka, konohamaru, and Hokage toys with your BK meal!!!."

11. Manetheren

good thing that fast food restaurants will usually let adults buy the toys seperately with a food purchase.

those kids meals just dont fill you up like a double whopper...

:D:D

12. Jones

if the "little" kids run around with their fake or maybe real forehead protectors i'm gonna carry around a wooden bat and hit them right in the forehead whenever i see one. i know it sounds kinda harsh but it's the only way to knock sense into kids these days. we were here first, i dont think they should be able to ruin all the fun for us.

13. Ephemeral

It's life, I'm sure most of you were glued to other cartoons. You watch it too so its basically the same, its cartoons. Their kids, let them have their fun. Hell, I see teenagers wearing Headbands!

Last edited: Aug 8, 2005
  14. rarr

How is it ruining your enjoyment to see a kid enjoying it too? If a kid is enjoying the same hamburger as you are are you going to go throw it in the trash?

15. Potentialflip

I doubt I will be able to restrain myself from spoiling those guys. Heck if the go to fansites or even forums like this one they will be spoiled automatically. Luckilly not all of them take it as seriously as the anime only viewers.

16. CWar

Wearing head protector in public....... das not cool.
    But I can see kids having toys, bags, pencil boxes, etc., but definately not head protectors. Imagine the humiliation. Unless for some odd reason kids find it cool to be pretend ninjas in public, school, outside of their playground. But if that day comes, expect kids to be wearing cosplay costumes as well.

17. lwong81

if they want others to know they are watching it, then it means that they want us to tell them what hapens, Ie, haku, sasuke running away, etc etc

18. Hyuuga-YoungIsh

Imma charge little kids for chakra control lessons and then tell them they can run up trees and walk on water. LOL!!!!

19. TDM

Haha spoiling them would be so fun. Don't mind me, I may be one of the youngest members on the forums, but it doesn't show. Do you think yelling Sasuke leaves Konoha is too big?

20. explicitkarma

You must do us all a great service and videotape that. :)

I just wanna get a big ass Akatsuki coat and walk around kicking the kids who wear Kohona forehead protectors in the face... Because, it will get them involved in the series, and it will be a great stress relief to me.

Plus the Akatsuki coats are all kinds of badass.

21. n8dogg

You know, I'd be more compelled to hit a teenager wearing a forehead protector rather than a little kid. Seriously, aren't you guys a bit too old to be obsessing over a cartoon so much to the point of wearing the merchandise (which is more targeted for children anyway) in public? Loooooosers!

I mean, sure Naruto is pretty cool. But not that cool. No matter how you look at it, it's still a cartoon.

And please, don't give me that "otaku" bullshit.

22. rarr

Hot Topic has an exclusive contract for Naruto merchandise. Do you honestly expect that the main target of all the merchandise is going to be aimed at kids? Some of it, sure.

Besides, you need to lose the stereotypical view of 'cartoons' that too many Americans hold.

23. Animeblue

Not even for say a word to that bull shit:wink

24. n8dogg

Okay. I understand that some cartoons are pretty hardcore. Princess Mononoke and Akira come to mind. But we're talking about NARUTO here. It pretty much embodies the whole shonen genre, much like DBZ did. One looming and threatening bad guy, whom "NO BODY HAS DEFEATED BEFORE!!", and a main character who has to use his will power alone to defeat named bad guy. It's just mindless entertainment, really. I like it not for the story, which was done a million kajillion times, but for the great animation, fighting, and general kick assness.

Naruto isn't trying to make any statement other than the whole "boy who everyone thought couldn't do it could!" schtick.

And whoever gives me a neg rep needs to suck it up and leave their screen name. That way I can talk to him/her mano y mano.

25. Monna

:p Ha, well Naruto is my favorite anime of all time :p
    I think that Naruto is the graetest thing ever. We all have are own tastes pal.
    Plus, stop using the term "cartoons". We are talking anime here.

26. foofan_22

It is a cartoon.

Anime is just another way of saying japanese cartoon, am I wrong?

Personally, I can't wait for Naruto to hit the shores, I have very high hopes for the dub. I think the people behind it know how rabid the fanbase is and are aware that the dub will be scrutinized a whole lot (no matter how good it turns out to be). And what the hell, getting all pissy if you see a kid with a forehead protector and a kunai? I think it would be pretty cute and amusing, actually... :amuse

oh well, maybe that's just me...

27. n8dogg

As Collette would say, "d'aaaaaawww!"

And as I recall, anime is short for animation. And animation is another word for cartoon. So cartoon is an appropriate word.

Anyway, back on topic, I don't think you guys have to worry about a bunch of kids running around pretending to be Naruto. You guys complain about kids running around pretending to be Pokemon or Yu-gi-oh, but I gotta tell ya, I really haven't seen such kids. Plus, give them more credit. Most children these days know that doing something like that isn't all that "cool".

Jiminy Cricket! There's like 5 different threads with different names that are basically the same thing. "WAT DO U HAT ABOUT NARUTO LICENS LOL?"

I dunno, can an admin do a little bit of clean up or something?

28. Jink

I doubt it, unless you live in some loser state like Wisconsin, i live in a big city, I see lots of things

29. hakke

yea, anime stands for "japan animation" thats exactly why its not the same as a cartoon.

Anyway, its pretty funny to see you guys complain when the average age around here is 14-16 years... doesnt matter where you buy the merchandise, it will look geeky, no matter of youre 8, 15... or 26.

Yea, I do wear a forehead protector to a con here and there.

30. n8dogg

Of course you see lots of things in a big city. You see nudists, homeless people, people high half the time and wandering the streets, people in extravagant clothing, fat topless women (GRAAGHHHH!!!)...

So I wonder why kids running around having fun would be such a big deal?

PS. CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON CARTOON

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.