1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Where does Ichigo go from here?

Discussion in 'Bleach' started by donkee, Oct 5, 2006.

1. donkee

So far we've seen shikai, shunpo, bankai, and now
    Spoiler:
    hollow Ichigo.

However, with the latest stage he is definitely capable of killing Grimmjow, who is ranked number 6. What about the other five and Aizen? I havent seen any hints towards a new stage of power like we did in all the others. Im really hoping it isnt like the menos grande incident where he just gets all emotional and just gains a huge amount of power out of nowhere. Any have any ideas or theories?

Tags:
  2. Viciousness

His normal bankai power hasnt gotten any better. I think if he improves that it should improve his abilty to remain a Vaizard. Or maybe not since none of the other ones seem to have Bankai or use it at least, and his time limit was still about the same in bankai or shikai I guess. But his bankai still has lots of room for improvement. I think his overall reiatsu will get stronger from remaining in Hueco Mundo.
    And he needs to learn to maintain his Vaizard form for a decent amount of time. Then he should be able to go toe to toe with Urquiolla's released form. But to match Aizen and the rest he'll need another power boost...I think

3. HugeGuy

I wouldn't be too sure of that. Remember Grimmjow was handicapped and unreleased. Plus he was totally unprepared for Ichigo's powerboost. IMO, they are tied if both go all out.

On topic, I think the next step is to learn more bankai techniques. Remember Ichigo said Zangetsu only had time to teach him one move aka the super speed. I'm willing to bet there are other moves still to be discovered.

4. Kage Bunshin Master

First of all.....he should be really trying to surpass those 11 seconds limit in his masked form!
    as for upgrading on abilities....I think he'll get stronger in the upcoming battles.

5. Chatulio

Wasnt the only thing zangetsu taught him was the getsuga tenshō?

6. HugeGuy

Was it Getsuga or the super speed? I can't remember too well. But I'm sure Ichigo mentioned Zangetsu taught him only one move and this implies there are more to be learn.

7. snakeye123

i want ichigo to have some wicked training with zangetsu, to improve his current techniques and invent or learn some new ones.

not sure how it'll come about though. aizen could transform him into an arrancar, but have that backfire - like smith and neo from the final matrix...

8. khaos

9. donkee

I don't think Zangetsu ever taught him the super speed. I remember him saying that the old man only taught him Getsuga Tenshou, but I dont recall the "only had time to" end of it. I probably overlooked it, but any ideas as to what else it could be? I, for one, am hoping at least one of the Arrancar gets absolutely decimated. I mean, such a brutal death that u would expect from Hellsing or something, like Aizen getting cleaved into pieces by a hollow Ichigo flailing bankai Zangetsu around by the chain. Maybe Im just too imaginative :p.

10. jariroth

Maybe he learns to use Cero? Altough Getsuga Tenshou does the same thing and is probably even better than Cero...

11. Trias

I will only say it once, Grimjaw was not handicapped in his fight with Vaizard Ichigo. An arm meant nothing for Grimjaw at that moment, since Ichigo wasn't able to hurt him with is sword at all. A lost arm is not an handicap for him at all.

And, I really don't think GJ's release will give him a boost greater than Ichigo's mask, let's be honest. All of the transformations, uhhh, releases so far was only shape changings, it only meant a better armor and better attack power, though, since Ichigo did not get hit by GJ even once during that fight and his sword was already useless against GJ, the only benefit GJ would get from his release would be becoming immunue to Black Getsuga Tenshou, which would be obviously ridicilous. And if that's not the case, then it doesn't matter, it does not change anything at all.

Ichigo's Vaizard powers are ridicilously broken and that's visible; that's why Kubo gave him 11 second limit that time. Until we get enemies that are powerful enough to take on Vaizard Ichigo decently, we will not get any new moves from his bankai, and he will only get better Vaizard powers, learn to fire ceros (and other abilities Vaizards have, may be?) and extend his "Masked Terror" duration. That's my two cents. Or liras. Whatever.

12. Wrath

Right now Ichigo has his Hollow "Shikai", as I predicted, and he needs to develop his Hollow Bankai. That's the next thing he'll get.

Much like Ichigo had his Shikai when he went to SS, he has his Hikai now that he's gone to HM. His next training session, then, will have him learn his Hankai, where he'll probably have to fight Hollow Ichigo again. And while he's doing that, most likely, he'll learn to use things like Cero and Bala, even if they are rather redundant. That's just like he learned to use his Shinigami powers properly when he was training for Bankai.

He might well have something beyond Hankai, but that could be anything. My guess would be some sort of fusion of Hollow and Shinigami powers, like channelling his Bankai through his body instead of his Soul Cutter.

13. Hell On Earth

Ichigos Bankai is the Speed and the one technique ZanGetsu taught him was the Getsuga Tenshou

14. blacklusterseph004

His bankai doesn't seem very flexible. So for this stage, he'll probably just be doing masked fighting. I can't wait to see Aizen's face when Ichigo whips out a mask. I don't think Aizen has seen a Visored before.

15. NVZBlity

my prediction for ichigo's new bankai ability, if there is indeed another one, is the power to slow/stop time. It's would be an extension of his current bankai, where instead of him speeding up, it would slow everything else down. Perhaps this is too matrix-y? It could be too broken/overpowering of an ability but someone needs to have a counter to aizen's broken shikai (let alone his bankai). This would also make orihime (who I predict will turn evil) the natural enemy for ichigo with her time manipulation techniques.

pure speculations, but fun anyhoo.

16. Trias

Technically, isn't having over-speed as same as slowing time for others?

17. NVZBlity

technically the same (in the sense that we're seeing the fight from ichigo's relative time frame), but visually it would look different. Instead of seeing some blur that testify to his speed, we would see the world slow/stop as ichigo dodge attacks and such. It would also put less burdon on Ichigo's own body (harmful effects which we've seen during the ichigo vs. byakuya fight)

my worry is that although this would look really cool in anime-form, it would be a bit more difficult to illustrate clearly on paper.

18. Parell

In Ichigo's 12-second limit, I think he can defeat more than Grimmjow. He can probably defeat Espada 4 and 5, seeing as how esily he was pwning Grimmjow in Ichigo vs. Grimmjow 2.

19. Lastier

Soon we will find out Ichigo is from another planet and he can turn Super Vaizard with blond hair and a golden aura, when he his heart is filled with anger...

I was hoping that Ichigo would stop working on getting stronger and faster. He should try to keep his hollow form for longer and learn some techniques. Techniques that requires to use some of his brain cells, so that his enemies cant counter them with brute force. Currently he is just a barbarian fighter who only has 1 real skill to use in a battle, all his other attacks are basically sword swings.

He just has to improve his inventory of skills.

20. Audible Phonetics

But that wont happen..Look at Naruto..hes the same type of fighter..Rushing in not thinking..using brute force...Attacking head on...

So Ichigo is always gonna manifest that in his fight style

21. Urahara

Didnt Byakuya's Bankai have some of that effect mixed in it? Wait no...Byakuya mentioned his speed was dropping I think. Blah , bad memory, but that would be a nice idea.

Like said before, Ichigo needs to further his technique bank. He's too hot-headed of a fighter, with basic techniques at that. Isshin outta cock smack him and teach his son a few tricks :[

22. donkee

Please dont say that... Id cry if Ichigo's brand new uber technique was a double dropkick on a sleeping Arrancar.

23. lyrs_amv

"We are the Arrancar. Lower your spirit and surrender your slayer. We will add your biological and spiritual distinctiveness to our own. Your culture will adapt to service ours. Resistance is futile."
    //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////

Ichigo will destroy the Espada base without facing Aizen and the majority of the Espada.

Thus with the border world lost to Aizen, it is revealed that the Winter Invasion was simply a distraction. Aizen had been secretly planning on sending the Espada into Hell to secure the throne of Demons. By the time Ichigo had entered the base, the invasion of Hell had come and gone. Aizen reins in Hell, preparing to take on Heavan.

The portal to hell stands before Ichigo & Co.

Ichigo will not be able to defeat the minions of Hell. Will he be able to bring forth the powers of Hell and unleash his fire mask?

Last edited: Oct 6, 2006
  24. SeruraRenge

Anyway, he needs to train his endurance. Shirosaki said that his bankai was breaking his bones and ripping his muscles due to the strain. He needs to do something about that.