1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Where is it confirmed that kishimoto has nothing to do with the fillers?

Discussion in 'Konoha TV' started by Shanman, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Shanman Dynamic Entry

Just curious but where has it been confirmed that kishimoto has nothing to do with the fillers? He might not be writing them but he must be approving them.

DBGT was after the manga and DBZ. Therefore I can understand the animators doing their own thing, but in Naruto they are going to go back to the original source material soon so they HAVE to be running the stories by kishimoto first before they do animate them. If not they could possibly mess up someone he plans for the future especually since they are dealing with orochimaru,kimi and the sound nins.

Kishi has to be involved if even in a supervisory role.

Tags:
  2. CABLE S'okay guys, I know blacks.

I don't know if its confirmed anywhere but it is highly unlikely that he has anything to do with them. Almost all anime from mangas have nothing to do with the mangaka they get no say usually. Probably the most they would do if anything is just give Kishimoto a script and look it over as to make sure it does not interfere with the current manga plot or any future plots. I doubt though that he has anything to do with the actually contents and such. He is probably far too busy cranking out the weekly chapter of Naruto.

3. Raiza Pimp-aho-no-jitsu

He has no say so??? Are you serious?? No your not, please tell me your kidding right?? Thats like saying George Lucas has no say so to the Star Wars cartoons. Apparently you dont understand how copywriting works.. the author, can, he may not take action, but does have all and every say so to his material if he chooses. Now whether they take tha action is on there own part.

4. lwong81 Member

alot of star wars books have been written, NOT by Lucas....
    forgot what its called...but it is not offical.

5. Raiza Pimp-aho-no-jitsu

Well Lucas isnt the original writer of the books, but he did buy out the rights to the story. So any inactment of the original star wars, from ep 1-6 are owned by Lucas, since Lucas only owns rights to certain aspect of Star Wars, 1-6, he can only say anything about 1-6 any other stories written about star wars, he cant say anything about since Lucas is not the original author of star wars.

6. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

Then was/is the original writer of the book?

I always thought it was George Lucas.

7. Neon Lost Angel

WTF are you on

What drug addict told you that one :p

8. Shanman Dynamic Entry

Lucas did write the original star wars.After the success of the series, Lucas gave permissions to Bantam Books to begin producing the novels. There have also been several comics. Some of the books contain characters from the movies, and some introduce completely new characters never seen on screen. All books have to be approved by the Lucas creative team led by lucas himself.

BUT BACK ON TOPIC

you cant use the star wars analogy to compare to the naruto fillers. They would be like saying that george lucas would allow someone else to write episode 7. This is the main naruto anime not "Bones in My Ass: The Kimmaro sidestory OVA Part B".

I believe they HAVE to be running the stories by kishimoto first before they do animate them. Until someone proves otherwise I will continue to believe that because that makes the most sense.

Its amazing how everybody 'knows' kishimoto has nothing to with the fillers yet noone knows where he they know it from.

Drawing the Manga cant consume a persons whole week plus it takes 20 minutes to read a script plus he can be drawing them in advance not weekly.

9. tttackler Eto..

Unless you work for the animation studio, it would be best to assume that none of us know the absolute truth.

10. AndroidKing Do i have...beaver teeth?

i also think they must run something by kishi. if just to get his ok to not royally fuck up a future manga story

11. Axass -Avenger-

They probably ask him about very important things, so that they don't mess up badly, that's all. I heard somewhere that the Idate race filler was originally planned by Kishimoto, thing which I consider absolutely false until I see proofs...
    About the copyright, Kishi has no rights over the anime, they can do whatever they want if they wish so. *points for the 1000th time at Rurouni Kenshin's anime*

And yeah, I have no proof, I just find obvious that if Kishimoto had a major role into the creation of fillers they wouldn't be so shitty...

12. Raspeh Member

I'd like to think that the makers of the Naruto anime arent foolish enough to write a story without having some discussion with kisho (or someone high up in the manga side of things). The anime people will want the show to be well-liked, otherwise it'll get off the air when ratings plummet. They should know that if they totally screw something up, lots of people will get pissed at it, which will be bad news for the anime

13. hhallahh Member

As already mentioned, I'm sure Kishimoto is consulted... if only because there might be a risk of future plot holes if he wasn't. I mean, imagine if the manga ended up saying now that Oro didn't live in a "Rice Field Country".

I'm a bit disappointed that he doesn't give more input than he appears to, though. I mean, it would be nice if mangaka used anime fillers as an attempt to.. develop the story and reflect and say, "It would have been nice if I had been able to.." I'm going to be disappointed because I have a feeling that, for example, we're not going to see any cool new jutsus from Jiraiya - they'll just stick to what he's already shown in the manga. Stuff like that. Expand the world with the filler!

14. RaZzy is not here.

It has always been a problem with fillers; they have nothing new to add.
    It's different with this one though, it's about the main stuff.. Naruto and Sakura searching for Sasuke in Orochimaru's lair. I think they're not going to show any main events. So I don't think they'll see sasuke again.
    It's better than the idate side story, but still you can see that it hasn't been done by Naruto author. I do actually think they show the filler(script) to kishimoto first if it's ok to air it.

15. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

Lucas approves all the Star Wars books to make sure that they aren't completely incosistent/sucky.

Toriyama consulted the animation of GT

The Idate race was a Kishimoto idea that was trashed I heard

16. lwong81 Member

Link removed

I do no see lucas's name on any of those sw books. I really think he has other things to do than reading those books that other people wrote and approving it.

17. Umbra Class: Archer

While it may not always Lucas personally reading them, he does have a dedicated division at lucas films that do, they guarentee the continum and that the authors do not overstep their bounds. I know Lucas and the people he appointed for the task have FINAL say in what occurs. I know for a fact that when the plans for the New Jedi Order arc began the authors, Lucas staff, and lucas sat down and planned out what was gunna happen, and Yes that included the deaths of certain characters. THe authors had in mind different characters to kill but Lucas would not let them Kill this character. I believe that disproves your point....

18. SloppyJoe The One and Only

I'm not sure how copywrights work in japan so I am not going to say that I know. But I would asume that he definatly gets tossed a script and has to aprove it. The makers of the anime are not stupid enough to ruin a good thing. That good thing being the monoply that Naruto prosents. But then again Kishi could have a special contract written up stating that he gets to plan all and any fillers. I do not know, but what I also know is that What lucas had for star wars was VERY unusual. Lucas fronted a bunch of money for the first one and in return he asked Fox for ALL rights to said star wars merchandice. That usually doesnt happen this day, Star wars is also not a good idea because when star wars was created it was ONE of if not the first movies to have merchandice. It was unheard of before that.

19. cool2not Member

it's just assumed, like about 90% of supposed "facts" that are posted on this forum.

20. DesignCore "The flying," son of none

Lucas didnt write part 5 he wrote sum of 6 and he didnt even direct either of 5 or 6. hence why there good.

Kis probably tells teh animators whats going to happen alter on and how and that way they can pass it thorugh.

Scripts are long, 30 mins script is liek 120 pages or more. especialy with fights.

The animaters are proabbly given advance scripts of what happesn (they might even knwo what happesn in this whole arc that we dont know and have a confidiality agreement)

21. Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki アルかわいい

Depending on how the Shounen Jump contract was written, Shounen Jump may or may not have the ability to assign the television rights to someone else, but i bet maybe Kishimoto has that right. Then again, with the manga competition maybe SJ can manage to get it...

Anyway... When an anime is made, they buy the rights to make a series, in that contract they typically state that the mangaka has no say in the production of the anime. They might consult him, but he does not even get to touch the scripts.

22. Zouri Master O.P.T.

I think this is pretty much how it works. I'm not going to say that I know, but I think this is it. As I remember reading, both the creators of Trigun and Ruroni Kenshin were worries as to how their anime counterparts would turn out. (I think that this was in Trigun Maximum or whatever it is called and I forgot which volume of RK) Ruminko Takashi (sp?), creator of Inuyahsa, only chose the voice for Inuyasha. That's it. She did nothing else pertaining to the anime. So, I think that Kojiro Ganryu Sasaki was right about this one.

23. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

In defense, I am not reviving a thread for the heck of it, as I want to clear up something without wasting a new thread....

So, reading through all two pages of this thread, can we safely assume fillers are canon along with the manga, providing they don't conflict or contradict anything in the manga? As others stated, surely Kishimoto approves these storylines and ideas before giving the go-ahead. It could be how the EU and Star Wars work, as Lucas and Lucasfilm approve all the EU plots and it is considered canon along with the films providing Lucas approves it and it doesn't contradict the movies.

24. Ikari Shinji ?

Thank you lord! They can do whatever they want, as long as it doesn't contradict the manga, Kishi doesn't care

25. Tsuuga Haunghted.

Kishi doesn't do anything... somebody asked the Studio Pierrot guy in that university Q&A whether Kishimoto had any say in the fillers, and the guy gave surprised "no."

26. norul3z Hyuuga Neiji

guys .. i heard that filler episodes left 15 more .. is it true ? if true .. then filler season will end in march or april 2006 ?? that's a long time to wait .. =.=

27. CooLMooCoW Live and Let Live

It could just be that the anime team knows that they will screw up their own future production if they stray too far from the on-going manga series. The fillers have generally been safe so far, so it might be just as likely they didn't run the scripts by Kishimoto. I would think more questions would be raised whether or not the fillers are straying off the manga canon, since with Kishimoto's consent they can now take greater risks in expanding the Naruto world on their own then what they have shown so far.

28. Darth Judicar A#1 Roller Rager

If I had wanted sarcasm, I would of noted it in my above post. I wasn't saying I was hoping they were canon as long as they didn't contradicting, I was just asking the question of it. :/

29. Alia_Atreides Mew...

I think the anime team at least consults Kishimoto in some things. They have to be sure they are not going to ruin something for the manga - actually, for themselves in the future.

30. Fighting Spirit wat

Sorry but this might be a dumb question;

Who is Kishimoto?