1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

6. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Which character had the most tragic childhood or past?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by kimmy_ok, Oct 17, 2005.

Which character had the most tragic childhood or past?

1. Gaara - all alone and hated, mom died

52.0%
  2. Naruto - no parents, all alone and hated

13.3%
  3. Sasuke - Family got killed by own brother

19.8%
  4. Neji - Father sacrificed his own life

1.5%
  5. Tsunade - Lost brother and lover

0.9%
  6. Haku - Killed father who killed his mother

5.3%
  7. Kimimaro - bad bad childhood...so bad

4.0%
  8. Kakashi - Lost best friend and his father (you know what happened)

1.9%
  9. Iruka - Lost parents during battle

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Others - specify please ^_^

1.2%
  1. kimmy_ok Iruka's wife =?

I was trying to find if this thread has been posted before and i couldn't find it...so i was wondering what you guys think. I know it's kinda weird to compare my childhood to the characters in Naruto but mine is way more fortunate than most of them...Which character do you think had the most tragic childhood or past? Pick one only!! ^_^

My pick would be Gaara because he's been alone and hated since the day he was born. I mean how would you feel if that happen to u? :sad

Tags:
  2. imagineer18 don't want no title

i mean, to be hated upon birth, being sooo cute and sweet as a kid, but still being hated because of something he didn't even want to have, being wanted to be killed because what they had put inside him was stronger than they are, and the person who wants to kill him is his own father, being brainwashed by someone he thought he trusted. being used as a weapon.

such a tragedy, Gaara's story.

3. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yah, gaara or naruto, cause gaara's own uncle tried to kill him. but he had siblings, i wonder how they treated him back then. naruto because everyone hated him because he had kyuubi, not to mention they blame him for the fourths death, a beloved kage.

4. Archssor ~ Carpe Diem ~

5. Pride Swerve

Gaara had no hope after his uncle tried to kill him. He had no goals to strive for, he had no hope to believe in.

Kinda goes the same for Neji who believed in his bad destiny. These guys get no hope or dreams.

But Gaara's childhood is just too sad.

6. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

I'd say Sasuke or Gaara. Gaara never had any friends at all and his own uncle tried to kill him. Everyone hated him for being something he was not. And Sasuke, he lost his entire clan because his brother killed them all. He then had to relive that moment thanks to the mangekyu sharingan over and over. He SAW his own parents being slaughtered...that's rough. Naruto had friends. It started with Iruka who was like a father, Sasuke, like a brother, and then Sakura and Kakashi who were just friends for the most part. He never had anyone in the first place, so he never felt the pain of loss.​

7. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

sasuke had a pretty bad childhood, i nerly forgot about him. yeah watching your parents die over and over by your own brother would warp a kids mind.

8. Dr. Hiluruk Called "MushroomBoy" at School

but then he turned out amazing!:tem

9. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

MB, Gaara killed his uncle and his mother died in labor. His father wanted him dead. Sasuke had to witness his clanns destruction countless times at the hands of his brother...and you think Lee had it bad? XD​

10. kimmy_ok Iruka's wife =?

hehe that's exactly what i was going to say!!! :amuse
    Yeah Lee had problem with his past but it's nothing close to tragedy
    and plus, he's great and happy now...unless others who have to live with their past and go on with the pain

11. Dr. Hiluruk Called "MushroomBoy" at School

yes, i do! i know YOU wouldn't be all sad if yer mom and dad died!! ESPECIAllY your sister!:tem

12. Fox_Retainer Along for the ride of life.

Naruto and Gaara. Sasuke had a happy life, then he turned six and everything went downhill. But Naruto and Gaara literally for their entire lives have had the most tragic past.

13. Kurairu Lords of Insufficient Light

But I'm desesitized to death and whatnot. They were six when most of this happened. D:​

14. Dr. Hiluruk Called "MushroomBoy" at School

15. Dr. Hiluruk Called "MushroomBoy" at School

16. kimmy_ok Iruka's wife =?

I agree there's a certain similarity between Gaara and Naruto childhood
    But I think Gaara is a little little worse than Naruto...Gaara really had nobody at all
    and Naruto, well the third hockage understood his pain...people hated him
    Gaara, well people hated him and also, they were scared of him...
    and plus, Naruto is strong...it didn't bother him as much as gaara

17. Sasuke Itachi#1 Itachi is the slayer of all

sasuke defanetly had the most trajic childhood.
    i mean how does you own brother kill your family

18. Sasuke Itachi#1 Itachi is the slayer of all

19. Sasuke Itachi#1 Itachi is the slayer of all

you become a genin when you reach 100 posts. next is chuunin at 200, if you didn't know of course. it's a 3 way tie, gaara sasuke and naruto.

21. kimmy_ok Iruka's wife =?

Yeah it's sad...but at least he got to know what parent's affection was...
    Naruto and Gaara....they are alone!!! I mean ALONE!! hehehe

P.S. I think Itachi story is still unclear...who knows the real reason why he killed the entire clan :blink It is still a mystery!

22. mayumi Well-Known Member

gaara and naruto. they were never loved always ignored and feared for having a monster that they never really wanted in the first place. gaara's father wanted him dead and sent his uncle to finish the job and naruto never knew parents love until he was like 12 and iruka accepted him.
    ________
    Effects of paxil

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  23. ez Jesus Christ

There are too many damn choices. All the characters you listed have had equally tragic pasts in terms of loss. However, there was not character in the sand or leaf village that received as much hate as Naruto and Gaara;therefore, Gaara and Naruto had the most tragic past. Oh, and you forgot Runmaru. Even though he's a filler character, it was a tragic life.

Not only did they have no one to care for them(no family), but they were also hated by everyone else in their village(unlike everyone else). If you can't find help from your neighbors, who can you find help from?

On topic: In the end my choice is Gaara. I choose Gaara because he was family members as well; and unlike Naruto, his own father made numerous attempts to kill him. Not to mention, Gaara can also not sleep.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2005
  24. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

yeah and since people viewed naruto as kyuubi, they hated him more cause they view him as the reason the 4th is dead.

25. ichinii30 Member

I couldn't decide between gaara or sasuke. Gaara's just pitiful, and it must have hurt a lot for Sasuke to witness his whole clan get killed by a brother that he loved (up until then).

26. Yoshi Torchbearer

I'd have to go for Gaara. At elast Naruto got acknowledged earlier on, and had friends first.

Spoiler: Manga readers only

Gaara was hated until he met Naruto, then he became nice and got to be Kazekage! A happy ending, yay.

27. Twizted Rest in the deep

I would go for Naruto. The same basic thing happened with him and Gaara, but you just don't get a chance to see all the people of the village really hating him. From what I gather they really despised Naruto. I think it's more tragic than Gaara mainly because Gaara seemed to perpetuate it by getting pissed and attacking people. Naruto never wanted to hurt anyone, and still was th emost hated person in the village all because of something that he didn't do.

28. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

Ah they all got screwed over as kids...thats stuff that can seriously freak up ur mind. But Gaara more, he had it bad from the start. He couldnt even dream because well he couldnt sleep :p

29. Archssor ~ Carpe Diem ~

30. nwoppertje DANCES LIKE ITS 1999 :B

Sasuke at least was loved, his mom cared for him and even Itachi (despite the fact that he ended up killing the entire Uchihaclan) played brotherly games with little Sasuke (carrying him on the back, training, walking him home).

Gaara never knew love, friendship or acknowledgement whatsoever. Everyone hated him for what was inside of him and it wasn't even his foult, and the one who was close to him, Yashamaru, stabbed him in the back in a horrible way that marked him for life. Serious, everytime I watch that episode with the huge Gaara-flashback I end up with teary eyes.... It's obviously Gaara who suffers the most in his life.
    Naruto had Iruka at that crucial moment of his life, and there's also a characterdifference between both. Gaara has a very closed personality and as a little boy shy and a little bit timid, and at points he gave Sunagakure's humanity a second chance by trying to be helpful (ball, medicine)..and every dissapointment bottled up inside of him and finally took a turn for the worse causing him to think: 'So I'm a monster? Let's behave like one'.

Naruto is the rascal-kinda-type, pulling pranks to show people he existed. But still he had the Hokage who understanded his pain a little bit, and finally Iruka, followed by finding friends in Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi.

So definately Gaara...
    Kimimaro as honourable mention, being locked away in a dungeon half of your life is sad. If that happened to me I'd also fell victim to Oro's 'charm'.