1. "Are you a Messi or Ronaldo fanboy? Come and nominate them and more of your favourite players in NF's UEFA Champions League Awards!

If your nominees win, you could win points for cool forum prizes!

Click here to play :) .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join us for NF's first movie night! If you're interested in deciding what films we'll be watching, join us for discussion here.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Grand Opening of the Beauty Parlor! Come and discuss the beauty world with other beauty lovers
    Click here.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The Roleplaying Section (yes we have one of those is having a character creation contest. This challenge's theme is Super Heroes.

Come check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Recently we held an event where rep powers went a bit crazy so if you've been visited by the Rep Bot it was a byproduct of restoring pre-event values. Additionally we've gauged the reactions from this event and will be rolling out some new uses for rep in the near future. Thank you for your patience and stay on the lookout for new things to come!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. The battle of the booty is over and NF's waifu has been decided! Join us for discussion in the award ceremony thread here.
    Dismiss Notice

Which do you prefer: Rave Master or Black Clover

Discussion in 'Black Clover' started by Keishin, Feb 13, 2018 at 7:30 AM.

1. Keishin Well-Known Member

Didn't read/watch Rave Master but I did try getting into FT more than once and simply couldn't whereas I started Black Clover since the first chapter was released and never dropped it. So based on that, it's likely that I would prefer BC considering FT and RM have the same author not to mention other similarities.

Plus, BC is a JUMP manga and RM and FT aren't. This is relevant for me cause I seem to have an affinity for JUMP's editorial line, as most of the shonen manga I read are from JUMP. And some manga that haven't worked for me or not as easily are from other magazines.

3. Keishin Well-Known Member

Fairy Tail was decent until Tenrou island. It has pretty nice art at the beginning.

4. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

RAVE Master the anime of RAVE Master the manga?
    Because the RAVE Master anime was annoying as hell and cut off just after setting up a cliffhanger in probably its one single decent episode. So I'm still annoyed with it. But I enjoyed the manga much more than FT. Shuda's first fight with Haru is one of my all-time favourites. Lucia was hyped up as well as the Spriggan 12 were hyped up terribly. And a couple of deaths genuinely hit me in the feels. Even if there were some extremely annoying characters every now and then in the manga. Its special to me as the first manga I read. And the anime dumped on it, particularly by making Elie so whiny for no apparent reason.

Whereas Black Clover was a very faithful adaptation of a hilariously terrible manga. So I don't really mind that. Its just fun to laugh at.

5. Mider T VM Rapist

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  6. Mistshadow AwEsOmE

Rave Master is a master piece.
    It's a shame they dropped the ball and sucked up the anime RIGHT when it hits the turning point where it begins to stand out.
    Black Clover is just good.
    Nothing spectacularly amazing about it.....

7. Jikuu Keyblade Master

Exactly. Rave Master's a way better than Black Clover,. Easily one of the best Shonen Nekketsu. There're not even on the same Level of greatness.

8. Mistshadow AwEsOmE

Seriously rave is like one of the few of any mangas I can go back and reread it numerous times with emotion and enjoyment .
    Can’t think of many others I can do that with

9. convict He who Greets with Fire Advisor

Rave Master had nice story and character moments but could get pretty dull at times. Black Clover is a lot of things but never boring.

10. Tom Servo Pants Pants Pants Pants

Haven't read Black Clover yet. Is Asta as generic as Haru? I'll say Rave cuz the second half of the story and the ending is right up there with Yu Yu Hakusho and others for me. Still Haru is one of the dullest blandest MC I've seen since Naruto. His personality is literally just "I like doing what's right! I also hate bad guys they're total dorks"