1. Dismiss Notice
  2. OPFC

Are you an artist that loves One Piece? Join the OP Fanart Contest in the Ohara Library!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice

Which Gaara's battles do you like the most?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Yasha, Nov 8, 2005.

Which Gaara's battle do you like the most?

1. vs. Lee

50 vote(s)
    28.4%
  2. vs. Sasuke

7 vote(s)
    4.0%
  3. vs. Kimimaro

54 vote(s)
    30.7%
  4. vs. Naruto

15 vote(s)
    8.5%
  5. vs. Deidara

50 vote(s)
    28.4%
  1. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

Gaara had fought against 5 freakingly strong opponents, namely
    Rock Lee(taijutsu genius)
    Sasuke(Kekkei Genkai, sky seal)
    Kimimaro(Kekkei Genkai, earth seal)
    Naruto(future Hokage?)
    Deidara(Akatsuki)
    and could still walk away with a couple of victories. Which battle do you like the most?

Last edited: Nov 8, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

I prefer the battle against Kimimaro. Even though Gaara won by sheer luck in the end, but the battle itself was awesome.

3. Tautou Member

I'd have to say his battle with Deidara was my favorite. It had a bit of everything good and was done perfectly.

4. martryn Dick in hand

Yeah, I liked the Deidara battle. It was rather short, considering, and Gaara owned but got owned. And he showed how much he had changed as a person in that battle. The only reason he lost is because he sacrificed himself for the town.

5. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

6. Scorpio3.14 mmmmm....pi

7. Delenko Missing - Nin

8. shibigoku Master of the fist

the fight againts deidei really showed how much he had tapped into shukaku, the shukaku claws were impressive. Too bad he's not a jinchuruki anymore.

9. earthshine Banned

him and deidara. ywo of my favorite characters, and all the spotlight was on them

10. hatsuka Jailbait Anonymous

I loved it, and I can hardly WAIT to see it animated. The bomb will kick so much ass...

11. Nu_Shino ShinoBee

i liked the Gaara vs. Lee, Got to see Lee's power and Gaara's Power (minus shukaku)

12. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

Not a single person votes for Sasuke? Haha, finally Sasuke loses in something:clap

I am an avenger. I am willing to give my soul to devil in exchange for power. I live to surpass my brother...:blahblah

13. ez Jesus Christ

I didn't like the vs Naruto and Sasuke fights because he pretty much did nothing.
    When the deidra fight get's animated it will prolly be my fav
    1. vs Kimimaro/Deidra
    2. Vs Deidra/kimimaro
    3. vs Lee

14. Tsukiyomi Crazy Cyborg Monkey

The Deidara fight will probably top my list once its animated, it was indeed badass, currently I'm probably going with Kimimaro...hell I'll wait to vote.

15. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

Who voted Sasuke? Who voted Sasuke?:mad You are not honest to yourself.:notrust

16. Master Scorpion UG's High Priest

Gaara VS Sasuke is the best fight ever!!!!! look how cool is sasuke, and Gaara looked like a bad ass.... and the second choice is Gaara VS Lee

17. princeofpersia NInja from the middle east

yeah kimimaru was one of the best so far and the dierdra one was pretty ill as well..cant wait for it to be animated. The Lee was pretty good but thats only because the animation was pretty awesome in that episode. If they used the same sort of animation with the kimimaro fight then that will be my top favourite episode.

18. TenshiOni Active Member

Because Gaara got his ass handed to him in that fight? Typically, people who like Gaara vote in this stuff, and he got embarrassed in that fight.

Anyway, the Deidara fight, because he finally used that damn Sand to fly. I'd always wondered why he'd never done that before (You can make it float...You can lift yourself with it...USE IT TO FLY AROUND, YOU MORON).

Too bad that's probably the last time we'll ever see him do that.

20. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

vs Lee. That battle had everything in it. Plus it had that emotional scene at the end.
    Didn't he eventually lose?

Last edited: Nov 9, 2005
  21. TEK Akatsuki

I liked all of his battles except for the one vs. Sasuke. I was unimpressed by that battle. My favorite one is probably the one against Deidara since Deidara is one of my favorites.

22. Dj^1337 Berserker

I liked the Kimimaro fight it was just so good..
    so i voted the Deidara fight

23. SeruraRenge Reaching infinite

I'd say vs. Lee....but that's mostly because it's a Lee fight:tem

24. Chamcham Trigger 光翼型近接支援残酷戦闘機“エヴァッカニア・ドゥーム

Equally? As in 20-20-20-20-20? Yikes
    I'd say I liked the Lee one best. It just had a lot of action in it. Maybe when the Deidara one is animated then that'll be my favorite, but mostlikely not since he got pwn'd hard in the end by that cheap tactic and then resulted in some strippings of his Unique qualities. So I go with Lee and Gaara since it's like the only fight he won (though not in the best way), and it made that poor guy lee look good too.

25. Woofie Coordinator

I really love all of Gaara's battles - they almost always leave me in awe for one reason or another.

The battles against Naruto and Sasuke were probably the least good though... main characters have a tendency to make fights unenjoyable, and Gaara really didn't get much chance to show off his stuff here. The Sasuke fight was quite entertaining, it was amazing how much Sasuke had improved, but it was just too one-sided until Gaara transformed. And I never liked Gaara's transformation. Then the Naruto battle was just pure Naruto fanservice, although the Godzilla battle was kind of entertaining.

The Lee fight was obviously really cool. It was interesting to see Lee's struggles to get past Gaara's defense, and Lee's true power turned out to be quite spectacular. Gaara himself wasn't too impressive though.

Kimimaro was the first of the "omgwtfbbqgaara o_o" fights, and I thought this was great. Kimimaro has just completely pwned Naruto and defeated Lee without even transforming, and you're like "what can Gaara do here?". And then he proceeds to create a 50-foot tidal wave of sand, and drag Kimimaro 200 metres underground and crush him. These were some of the most massive jutsu we'd ever seen, and to see that much improvement in Gaara was pretty amazing. I didn't like the pattern of the fight though: Gaara pwns Kimimaro, Kimimaro survives by powering up, etc. And it was a shame that even with such amazing power, he couldn't finish off Kimimaro.

Now the Deidara fight, this was perfection. It had exactly the same effect as the Kimimaro fight... we're like, "Gaara is Kazekage? Wow, but what can he do to deserve that?". And then he starts flying, and there is a frame where he brings up the entire contents of a small desert. O_o The way he kicked Deidara's ass throughout the first half of this chapter was just great, and the ending of the first chapter, where he crushed Deidara's arm, did leave me in awe. I couldn't believe that someone who was a genin three years ago could do this. It was a 15-page adrenaline rush. Then Deidara fought back in the next chapter, and came up with a rather clever plan, which is always a good thing... and Gaara lost while protecting his village. Given that he had to lose this fight, this was definitely the best way for it. It's a pity he lost, but damn, he was impressive (and so was Deidara, in a different way).

Sooo... I vote Deidara. (*Mourns the possible loss of huge-scale Gaara battles* :()

26. Yasha Procreate

Flag:
    Japan

You summarize everything in one post.:hearts ...Oops, wrong smiley :thumbs

27. Mori` <blink><font color="#DAA520">Sunshine.</font></bli

Gaara - Lee, Gaara - Kimi and Gaara - Deidara were all awesome battles, i voted for gaara-deidara though because he uses so many awesome jutsu in that fight

28. gabha GB's Norman

Gaara vs Lee is my favorite fight in the entie seires, so it wins by default. However, Gaara vs Deidara isn't animated yet and may just be my favorite if done well.

Naruto vs Gaara and Kimi vs Gaara are cool imo. Sasuske vs Gaara (both parts) was disappointing even though the buildup to them was tense.

29. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

Deidara vs. Rock Lee has such a "classic" feel to it I choose that, with Deidara vs. Gaara a close second. Vs. Deidara showed one of the things that makes Naruto great, characters can overcome superior attack power with tactics.

30. Nono chocobo turned moogle

Because it wasn't a real fight at all, Sasuke was beaten half way through and Naruto had to step in, thus it was really Gaara vs Naruto not Gaara vs Sasuke.

I'm sure he can still use the sand to fly, since he has retained the ability to control sand ;)