1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. Anime Awards for 2017 part 2 commences with the category of worst anime of 2017!

Drop by and leave a vote in the following threads: 1 2 3 4 5
    Dismiss Notice

Which Gap Is Bigger: Itachi v Oro v Kakashi

Discussion in 'Naruto Battledome' started by JuicyG, Jun 13, 2018.

1. JuicyG Well-Known Member

• 2 Arms Orochimaru
    • War Arc Kakashi

The gap between Itachi and Oro, vs the gap between Oro and Kakashi

1. Who is Orochimaru closer to?
    2. Provide your reasoning

Tags:
  2. Cosmos The Great Cosmos

Orochimaru with Edo Tensei >>>> Itachi >> Kakashi.

Itachi > Orochimaru w\o ET >> Kakashi.

Both Orochimaru and Itachi are high kages, whereas Kakashi is a mid kage. Both Orochimaru and Itachi are comfortably superior to Kakashi. So IMO, Orochimaru is closer to Itachi in level (outside of match ups of course).

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  3. Shark Taking a break

It's hard for me to rate where war arc Kakashi stands in terms of portrayal. Part 1 Kakashi was much inferior to Orochimaru, but determining Kakashi's progression from then until the end of the series is quite difficult.

4. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Well-Known Member

I think of Itachi as high Kage, Orochimaru as at the top of Mid Kage without ET, and Kakashi as low Kage.

So I would say Orochimaru is somewhat closer to Itachi.

5. Shark Taking a break

You don't think Kakashi's portrayal is above low kage with his war arc Kamui feats? :hm

6. Bonly Keyblade Master

Egypt
    I'd say the gap between Orochi and Kakashi. Orochi is on the same general lvl as Itachi imo granted on different sides but same nonetheless whereas Kakashi is towards the bottom of Mid Kage lvl for me so he's not on the same lvl let alone close to it

7. Orochimaruwantsyourbody Well-Known Member

8. JuicyG Well-Known Member

WA Kakashi should be comfortably in the mid kage level

9. JuicyG Well-Known Member

But then again, Orochimaru was completely terrorized and defeated by Itachi, Kakashi continued to remain confident against him after part 1

10. Shark Taking a break

Kakashi was more terrified of Orochimaru than Orochimaru was of Itachi.

Kakashi's relatively more confident reaction to Itachi was probably due to not having enough knowledge on him (particularly that he was even stronger than Orochimaru) - likely due to the Sannin reputation being well known in Konoha.

11. JuicyG Well-Known Member

Yes, Part 1 Kakashi. His Part 2 counter-piece is like night and day compared to his 3T Jounin self.
    Kakashi was nearly killed by Itachi's MS in part 1, Itachi was also in the anbu with Kakashi, Kakashi is smart. He likely knew full well the extent of Itachi's power. On multiple occasions he was sent to chase him down or was confronted by him, and neither time was he suggesting the group turn tail and run.

12. Shark Taking a break

The fact that he was more cautious/terrified of someone who is weaker than Itachi means he didn't have all the facts.

Just so I'm not confused where this is going: How do you rank them?

13. savior2005 Well-Known Member

Orochimaru seems like he tends to underestimate Itachi a lot. Itachi is also a bad matchup for him. Otherwise, I think that gap is smaller and not too far off. Itachi's the type of ninja to use oneshot techniques, long battles aren't his style.
    Thus, the gap between orochimaru and kakashi is bigger.

14. walpurgis Burgoo ohtanishoheiohtanishoheiohtanishohei

Flag:
    Peru
    there s like literally, no gap between oro & itachi

ang then theres a gargantuan gulf between their duo & ''the jounin who would be kage'' in all his plot-relevant glory

15. JuicyG Well-Known Member

Or it could mean that Kakashi became confident in his abilities in part 2, to the point where he felt like he could compete with Itachi. Orochimaru not long after the start of Shippuden was already dead. MS Kakashi has never made a statement or remark regarding a comparison of Oro's strength to his after part 1, only towards Itachi.

Generally, if I were to rank them on a tier list; it'd go Itachi> Oro > Kakashi. However, match ups matter and I think Kakashi has a fighters chance in either match because of Kamui, but more so against Itachi because if Kamui fails against Orochimaru, its over due to his resiliency, whereas Itachi could still be potentially defeated by outlasting

16. Shark Taking a break

So what you're saying is if Kakashi in part II were to make a comoarison between himself and Orochimaru, he'd be even more confident than he was against Itachi?
    So you're justifying Kakashi being closer to Itachi than Orochimaru despite Itachi being Orochimaru's superior - based on Kmaui being a worse match up for Itachi?

17. Gin Ichimaru's Shadow 203176

Poland
    With ET, the gap between Oro and Itachi is higher, due to hax. If Orochimaru doesn't have Edo, he will be weaker than Prime Itachi, but stronger than WA Kakashi. I personally think, that the gap between Healthy Oro and WA Kakashi would be bigger in that case.

18. Matto Chosen One

The gap is smaller between Itachi and Orochimaru, whom I see as on the same tier. Kakashi is not on their tier.

19. PradyumnaR Lord Second

Orochimaru and Itachi are pretty much equal.... And then a gap followed by Kakashi.

20. Maverick04 Well-Known Member

Its funny how people here are claiming that Itachi and Orochimaru are on the same level..Not like the guy near death and completely blind no diff'd Orochimaru in his strongest form or anything

This is what the gap looks like:

Orochimaru (with Part 2 Edo Tensei)>>>>Itachi (Alive)>Orochimaru (Part 1 Edo)>Orochimaru (Without Edo)>Kakashi (WA)

Orochimaru (Without edos) is a lot closer to Kakashi (WA) than he is to Itachi IMO

Orochimaru is High end Mid Kage or border line High Kage..Kakashi from WA is a Mid Kage as well but slightly below guys like A4, Might Guy(7th gate) Tsunade etc. Itachi is one of the stronger High Kages out there

Last edited: Jun 13, 2018
  21. Alita54 Alita>You

The gap between oro and itachi is bigger than the gap between oro and Kakashi. If it were not for oral rebirth and regen Kakashi at this point could kill oro pretty easily. Itachi owned orochimaru back when he was in Akatsuki without even using MS techniques and oro admitted inferiority back during part 1.

22. Shark Taking a break

23. Cosmos The Great Cosmos

I think he means they are on the same general tier (high Kage) while Kakashi isn't.
    Not that they are dead equal.

24. Sage light Well-Known Member

Itachi'd likely be closer to Oro or vice-versa, than Kakashi is to Oro, I believe.

25. PradyumnaR Lord Second

They are both on the same level as a Ninja and Orochimaru is probably a bigger threat...
    If he plays his cards well.. Oro can defeat Itachi... As he never used half of his techs in the manga.

26. Shark Taking a break

It's a manga page of Orochimaru saying "Itachi is stronger than me".

27. Shazam Well-Known Member

On a tier list I think Oro and Itachi are around the same grouping. Head to head match ups don't change that, because style makes a difference.

For example, I believe Jiraiya to fair much better against Itachi than Oro, yet Oro is Jmans equal

28. Isaiah13000 The Snake that slithered over the Moon

The gap between Orochimaru and Kakashi is bigger, for me, Itachi and Orochimaru are both in the same tier: While Kakashi is not in their tier. Also, as for those saying Itachi "no diffed" Orochimaru. That's not true, if Itachi is forced to go all-out by using Susanoo and the Sword of Totsuka in order to defeat Orochimaru then that is very far from "no diff". The man has to nearly kill himself in order to bring Oro down, so the gap between them is exaggerated.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2018
  29. Hi no Ishi Well-Known Member

Part 2 Zetsu Orochimaru >>> Edo Tensei Itachi > Alive Itachi > Part 1 Hiruzen Fight Orochimaru >> BoS Orochimaru