1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Which Is A Better Anime: Naruto or One Piece?

Discussion in 'Off the Air' started by Valdens, Dec 5, 2005.

which is #1?

1. One Piece

38.5%
  2. Naruto

54.4%
  3. are you kidding? Bobobo Bobobobo beats these 2 hands down!

7.1%
  1. Valdens !

you read the title. this is not a fight. which is a better anime?

Tags:
  2. Lucifer Banned

I choose DRAW = Bobobo Bobobobo, jeez..............

Anime = One Piece
    Manga = Naruto

that's my favorite.... jeez.... I know, do you really like ONE PIECE :amuse

Smoker can solo pwned any naruto characters?... :nuts

3. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Having never seen One Piece, Naruto wins by default. I know that's terrible, but it's so true.

Assuming I ever read/watched One Piece, my nostalgia factor for Naruto would not allow me to say it is better anyway.

4. Reznor Well-Known Member Administrator

If it's not a fight it doesn't belong in Battledome.

Moved to off-topic.

5. Lord Yu Active Member

Wouldnt it fit better in a Naruto or anime section?

6. batanga 6 1 15-45 300

Naruto.

I hate almost every character design in One Piece.

7. Nekomimi ~2nd Division Captain~

Ill have to go with naruto seeing as I dont watch One Piece...Although ive been wondering if I should heh(Seemed abit too silly for me though from the bit of manga I read)

And bobobobo whatever thing just...Looks plain dumb im afraid to say XD. :p

8. Baby Raptor Disciple of Jiriaya-sama!

i love both one piece and naruto it is not fair to set up vote for both!!

9. Kagalli Off-duty Fanart Hunter

Where's the option for Bleach? It pwns both. :laugh
    Well between those two, I'd have to pick both because I do enjoy watching Naruto and One Piece.... well actually I prefer to read Naruto and watch One Piece. Either way... draw. :)

10. Lucifer Banned

I know my favorite One Piece only anime and Naruto only Manga... I said it... not battle...............

I mean, Valdens is Complete-Ultimate-Fan-Boy Smoker said pwned any Characters, Gods...

11. JayG Konoha's Beautiful Green Beast

Taking anime fillers out of the equation, I think One Piece > Naruto > Bleach

12. Hitomi_No_Ryu Lost in UkeNaru fantasies~!

One Piece is the best. All everyone needs to do is watch the Alabasta Arc (not by 4kids) from begining to end to understand Naruto is NOT the better anime.

13. Sakura Active Member

naruto becuz the whole anime is just a lot more normal-looking compared to one piece

14. JayG Konoha's Beautiful Green Beast

Yup. Ep. 128 (I think) just absolutely ruled. When that scene was shown, suddenly, everything from when they met Vivi, to the other arcs leading up to that point, became all worth it.

I had never felt as much a part of an anime as I did when I watched that episode. It's as if I was feeling the same thing Luffy and the crew were feeling at the time.

15. Zephen cartoon junkie

I've only seen about the first 20 or so episodes of One Piece in the original Japanese, and read all up to the Arlong arc in the manga, while I?ve seen and read all of the Naruto manga and anime. So, I can't really give a good opinion on the over all comparisons of the stories, or character development. I can say this though.

-Character designs: Naruto wins hands down
    -Background Music: Naruto wins
    -Openings and closings: Can't say fairly, since I've not seen most of the One Piece stuff, but Naruto OP and ED are, for the most part, great.
    -Animation Quality: Other than a handful of spectacularly animated fights in Naruto, they seem about the same.
    -Rendering of backgrounds: About the same, though Naruto's are more detailed.

Though what I can say about the stories is to compare the first 20 episodes to each other. In Naruto, that is around the end of the wave country arc and the beginning of the Chuunin exams. For One Piece, they just finished with Usopp's intro arc and just got to Sanji's restaurant.

Between these two, so far Naruto has shown to have a stronger story.

One Piece has been pretty formulaic up to this point, Luffy finds someone to be on his crew, beats up some bad guy and his crew to over come obstacle, and said potential crewmate joins after Luffy kicks butt. I know there's more to it than that, but I have yet to see a lot of real substance to the show as of yet. Things could get more interesting later on, but this show gets off to a very slow start.

Naruto, on the other hand, deals with it's main character introduction within the first 5 or 6 episodes, then goes into the Wave country arc. And speaking of which, I would like to say something about the bad guys. Even in the introductory arcs, villains like Zabuza and Haku are a lot more interesting, three dimensional, and human than any of the villains that I have yet to see on One Piece. One Piece villains feel like the big boss at the end of a level of some video game than a real villain. Beat the bad guy, get a new crewmate, and go to next level. Then again, one could counter the bad guy argument by saying that One Piece is much less serious overall, and more of a comedy than Naruto, so its villains don't have to be as real, just overblown. This is understandable.

Byond that, I can't really say much, because I haven't seen all of One Piece, and to do a proper comparison would take a long time, time I don't have with finals comming up and all. But, I like Naruto a lot more than One Piece.

16. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

If One Piece would just get serious and attempt to become more mature, it could of stood up to Naruto. I don't like the "LOLZ FUN ADVENTURE!" attitude of One Piece. Naruto isn't an Evangelion in terms of seriousness, not even close...But It is significantly more serious then One Piece. You could never have something like the Zabuza arc occur in OP.

17. TGC TGC

Naruto in my book, What's so good about one piece? looks like a kiddie cartoon, well I have only seen the dub like 10 minutes of it.

18. hakke Bird in a cage...

someone mentioned how great ep 128 of OP is and how t makes all the other episodes worth it... NAruto gave us that feeling by end of episode 8.

Ive seen around 15 episodes of OP and Ive yet to remain awake to the end of an episode.

19. Masaki Mugiwara Kaizoku

A. I love how people vote for Naruto just because they haven't seen One Piece or are dubbies.

B. One Piece is the absolute greatest anime. I don't care if the characters look weird, because that's what gives it a number of genres. Also, the dramatic parts of One Piece make Naruto look like the guy who mops the stage after the performance.

C. Someone mentioned the fact that characters in Naruto are more "3-D". This is the only statement I agree with. Many of the major enemies in One Piece don't seem to have a real motive to their actions, with the exception of Marines and perhaps Crocodile. Most of them just seem to be "evil", though there is some developement to them. However, there are some characters like the Shantians in Skypiea, and Robin during the Arabasta arc who's motives often seem unclear.

D. People are judging Naruto and One Piece by the first 20 episodes. In Naruto, the first 20 episodes are all it really has. It mostly gets progressively worse as time goes by. Every arc in One Piece becomes significantly better, with exception of some fillers, and the Davy Back Fight (it was kind of on Don Krieg arc level, but still better). And though no protagonists die (I can count the antagonists who we know are dead on one hand), the way the series goes, it leaves you in suspense and builds up until they show one of the Straw Hats deliver the finishing blow. Come on, what past the Zabuza arc was even that good? Lee vs Gaara, Naruto vs Gaara, Naruto vs Sasuke And how much past the Don Krieg arc was good? Everything.

20. hakke Bird in a cage...

A. This is a Naruto board. And even then you assume that most like NAruto because they haven't seen OP.

B."greatest anime"? That just shows that your opinion is as bias as most of us on NF as naruto fans. And even then no respectable fan claims NAruto is the "greatest anime".

C.This becomes apparent from the very beginning of OP.

D. Whats wrong from judging a series from its beginning? Naruto's story develops and its always changing its focus... if you follow the manga it holds true to last chapters.
    I would never tell someone to "just see Lee vs Gaara"... the fight without the 1st 49 episodes is nothing.

When I ask of OP... I always get "once you get to XX arc its great" or "skip the 1st seasons"... and I find it sad because it must be true, Ive seen 15 episodes and Im as bored as when I started ep1.

Question is... Nothing worthy really happens in those early episodes? no story no character development worth watching?

Can someone imagine to start watching Naruto on episode 20 or 30? I know I cant.

21. Vince Johnson Member

what does Lee vs Gaara have to do with the first 49 episodes. HEHE I THINK YOU MEANT LIKE MAYBE 5 EPISODES PRIOR.

22. Tonza tonka toys

One Piece definetly. The fillers are killing Naruto -anime. Though it was pretty bad even before the fillers came in.
    But as said Naruto -manga is still good.

And Masaki, well said. It is pretty annoying when ppl judge One Piece because of its different animation style. I find the style very unique and good.

23. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

I've seen episodes 1-135 of OP (the original, not the dub). I only detested the series the more I watched it, it was a chore to get through.

As i've already said, it's just too "Happy adventure! Let's all have fun!" for my taste. Sure there is some drama, but overall the show is simply seems to be directed at Japanese 8 year olds.

24. Kin I ARE BACK.

Naruto of course...

25. Code Zoamelgustar

One Piece... I possess a sane mind (at least enough to know OP is better...)...

Or in other words it is an Adventure/Comedy. Drama when needed, and very good drama at that. There are more drama oriented arcs like Water 7 and well basically every flashback. Of course if it was all drama it would simply not be One Piece because well... its supposed to actually be funny at times. Unlike Naruto which I feel has too much character angst.... way too much. Without managing to actually have some good humor or even merely an attempt at good humor. It takes itself too seriously while managing not to seem that mature.

Yet when One Piece gets serious its "seriousness" isn't as annoying as the seriousness of a 15 year old getting mad at some guy for insulting his friend...

While it's not in Kishimoto's abilites to create something like Water 7 or Alabasta.

I may have argued about the Naruto anime before. But one of the few things that it has(had now) on One Piece was the lack of filler every 2 episodes (well the rate may not be that bad in OP... but if you do count the # of chapters covered per episode sometimes then might as well be) but sadly... Naruto fillers just manages to be as bad as the worst fillers of OP.

26. Zhongda Active Member

if i was asked this 2 months ago i would have said One peice = shit
    ..but after i have continued the series.. i realised that One Peice >>>>>> Naruto :oh

27. Fighting Spirit wat

Naruto... I love Naruto, so by saying i'd like One Piece more would mean that i'm cheating on Naruto!!!

28. BlueCheese 希望

Hmmmm, I'm not a huge fan of either. Both can be very good at times, but I think I will go with Naruto at the mo. But when I finally catch up with OP I may say differently.

29. Lacus Clyne So Long and Goodnight

I voted One Piece :knk I love both series but, the fillers are killing Naruto at the moment while OP remains interesting. Oh and One Piece fillers >>>>>>>>>>>> Naruto fillers.

30. Wuuu L337

Well I say Naruto is the better anime. One Piece never appealed to me.