• Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is February 28 at 9 pm UTC.

• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Which Is Your Favorite Shonen Jump Title?

Your Favorite?

• Hokuto No Ken

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Saint Seiya

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yu Yu Hakusho

Votes: 6 42.9%
  • Rurouni Kenshin

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Shaman King

Votes: 1 7.1%

• Total voters

Yoshioka Seijuro

The five Battle Shonen in the 80s and the 90s that aren't part of Shonen Jump Advanced and aren't Dragon Ball or the Big Three.

Go!

Keishin

Hunter x Hunter (1998-ongoing)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1987-ongoing: part 2, end of part 3, and parts 4-7)

Yoshioka Seijuro

Hunter x Hunter (1998-ongoing)
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (1987-ongoing: part 2, end of part 3, and parts 4-7)
Those are part of Shonen Jump Advanced. And they are both almost objectively better than all of the ones that I listed, LOL.

Last edited:

Stringer

∟ v a g a b o n d
I'll always have a soft spot for Fist of the North Star, grew up with Kenshiro, Raoh, Souther and Toki.

Watching them in action gives you a healthy dose of testosterone and a masterclass in manliness

~Avant~

Eveningstar
Out the poll options

1. YYH
2. Shaman King
3. Saint Seiya
4. Kenshin
5. Fist of the North Star

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
YYH barely beats Shaman King for the top spot.

SK is visually interesting and very unique in the way that problems are resolved. Takei clearly did a ton of thorough research into spirituality from a wide variety of cultures and wasn't a afraid to implement all of them into his art and the ideals of his characters. Which to me is what sets him head-and-shoulders above most supernatural action mangaka.

But YYH was simply funnier and had more engrossing action. The side characters aren't as memorable. But Yusuke has the best one-liners, and the tension was much higher. Yusuke and Kuawabara were so aggressively down-to-earth and unspiritual that there was a real human element to everything that was going on. See the scene where Yusuke tries to outrun the fuel truck for example.

Last edited:

Vandal Savage

Magician
Supporting Staff
Out of the five in the list Rurouni Kenshin is probably my favorite but Shaman King and Yu Yu Hakusho are right there. I have only seen bits and pieces of Hokuto no Ken and Saint Seiya so I can't give full opinions on them yet.

Top Bottom