• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Which series had the worse ending?

Akira1993

Shadow Monarch
off the top of my head Gantz, Magi, AoT

lets not forgot, Eren's whole goal was to make paradis the heroes for stopping the rumbling but the rest of the world will just look at them as the ones responsible for billions of lives lost. They even became a military state probably in response to this. Good job Eren :kobeha
It is incredible how badly Eren made things far worse than before. :scust

Aduro

Definitely not a villain.
I don't know why people are disappointed that Eren would end up screwing over everyone with an ambitious but insane plan. That's basically his and Levi's whole deal from the end of the first season onwards.

I'd say the worst ending was Erased. A guy who murders children just sorta stops doing it for 20 years over the last minute timeskip. The main character probably ends up with jailbait coworker, also he can suddenly draw decently I guess. The rooftop part is narmy as fuck.

The anime didn't even get into the killers motive. So its like the only mystery was his identity, which smart readers should have figured out pretty early on.

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
Haven't read all those series but Naruto and AoT feel the most egregious to me because their endings buckle so hard more on the fact that they had to assassinate so many characters along the way to get there. Say what you will about all the convoluted bullshit with Ywach and the CIS from the villains, but I'd take that ANY day of the week over Ichigo suddenly becoming a genocidal maniac or just straight up letting Aizen walk free just because he helped him take down Ywach. :skully

And I guess that's the thing, having the plot be resolved due to some mechanics bullshit isn't nearly as unforgivable as choosing to give your characters brain damage and make all the themes of your series shatter like a building made out of sheet ice.

Bleach. I know AOT was fucked up, but at least it attempted to tie up loose ends. Bleach had so many dangling major plot points it was just pathetic, and then copying the babies ever after ending from the horrendous Naruto ending?

One word. Can't Fear Your Own World. :mayuri

WAIT NO THAT'S FIVE. :dammit

UzumakiBarrage2001

I don't the actual ending of SnK was bad. It was the previous 8-9 chapters that really made the quality of the series plummet. The ending was the best they could do with a lost cause.

UzumakiBarrage2001

Haven't read all those series but Naruto and AoT feel the most egregious to me because their endings buckle so hard more on the fact that they had to assassinate so many characters along the way to get there. Say what you will about all the convoluted bullshit with Ywach and the CIS from the villains, but I'd take that ANY day of the week over Ichigo suddenly becoming a genocidal maniac or just straight up letting Aizen walk free just because he helped him take down Ywach. :skully

And I guess that's the thing, having the plot be resolved due to some mechanics bullshit isn't nearly as unforgivable as choosing to give your characters brain damage and make all the themes of your series shatter like a building made out of sheet ice.

One word. Can't Fear Your Own World. :mayuri

WAIT NO THAT'S FIVE. :dammit
I don't know though. I don't think needing a novel to tie up the loose ends of the manga does any favours to the manga itself.

SSMG

Out of all of these series that I have watched or reasm.. Only NNT's ending made me stop reading the series completely.

So my answer is NNT.

Keishin

Out of all of these series that I have watched or reasm.. Only NNT's ending made me stop reading the series completely.

So my answer is NNT.
NNTs ending took care of every plot detail we really needed to see. especially bans sacred treasure, merlins motivations and demon king fight.

UzumakiBarrage2001

So my answer is NNT.
Wait a second. The ending made you stop reading the series? Isn't that the point of endings though XD ? What else is left after the ending?

Foxfoxal

NNT one is the worst shit I've seen.

It's funny how the Naruto one is not THAT bad compared to that whole list, that says a lot about shonens endings.

NNT
Promise Neverland
AOT
Bleach
Magi
Samurai 8
Naruto
Yuyu Hakusho
Gintama

Not watched and don't plan to watch it:

Fairy Tail
Katekyo Hitman Reborn
Negima
Air Gear
Psyren
Rave Master

UzumakiBarrage2001

It's not doing any favours, but I'd rather have a novel that helps wrap up loose ends then to leave them threads hanging.
True. One of the main reasons I was kind of disappointed with Monster and Pluto from Naoki Urasawa was because there were a lot of loose threads. Some people like the mystery ig but I'm not a fan

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
True. One of the main reasons I was kind of disappointed with Monster and Pluto from Naoki Urasawa was because there were a lot of loose threads. Some people like the mystery ig but I'm not a fan

Yeah, I think it also helps that the CFYOW novel focuses on side characters, and Bleach has one of the most solid side casts of characters out there, so it's kind of refreshing to read, on top of helping give pretty good explanations.

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
How does NNT end again? I tuned out after they started fighting the demon king and didn't bother with figuring out what happened with it. I know Cath does a final villain thing but i don't know for what reason or how shit gets resolved.

dabi

In terms of what I read, Promised Neverland > NNT > Bleach > FT > Naruto.

Naruto and fairy tail are bad, but the rest are much worse.

Medjaynegus

Bleach. I know AOT was fucked up, but at least it attempted to tie up loose ends. Bleach had so many dangling major plot points it was just pathetic, and then copying the babies ever after ending from the horrendous Naruto ending?
How did Naruto create the concept of having kids? Dragon ball and other series did it better at least.

Keishin

neverlands ending is nothing to write home about. You dont even know the names of half the side characters.

Breadman

#1 Kale Fan
In terms of what I read, Promised Neverland > NNT > Bleach > FT > Naruto.

Naruto and fairy tail are bad, but the rest are much worse.

Nah, gotta disagree here. Bleach's ending was by no means good, but at least they put Aizen back in his cell and didn't have Uryu ACTUALLY be a bad guy who attempted to genocide the soul society.

The character assassinations that happened in Naruto are far more repulsive than beating the bad guy through convoluted BS.

Top Bottom