1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Which Star Wars EU story adapted as a movie would capture the current cultural zeitgest?

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour, Jun 12, 2018.

1. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

I say Knight Errant.

Bleakness = current social atmosphere

Danger on every corner = current social and political paranoia

A government that cannot help you behind enemy lines = How a lot of people feel about the government or other institutions that used to be trusted.

Tags:
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  2. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    i know very little about the former EU...but I would have liked to see the gradual rise of Darth Caedus (obviously many stories would have to be retooled) his justifications for what he's trying to accomplish, and his eventual redemption and downfall at the hands of his twin sister (with Luke's help).

I mean shit; that's a 6 movie saga right there with tons of character development options AND you can even have a dead Luke if that's your fetish.

...but what i really want is the Great Hyperspace war or the Rise of Exar Kun.

3. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

I hated that story because i felt after the Vong War the galaxy needed a break.

Corellian Rebellion, again? Come on.

4. RAGING BONER Sexual Tyrannosaurus

Puerto Rico
    it's why I said many stories would need to be reworked.
    The Vong Cataclysm doesn't need to occur for him to fall. It can be told in a myriad of ways, and gradually, subtly. To the point that by the time he turns, the audience is really conflicted about it; provided his justifications are indeed valid.

5. Ben Grimm Kicking the Hulk's Ass

Who cares about cultural zeitgeist, Darth Bane all the way. Why, because it would be awesome.

6. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

Yes, I very much agree with that, as the Darth Bane trilogy by Drew Karpyshyn was an exceptionally well-written series that gave great depth to its characters and helped to expand the universe by explaining why there are ever only two Sith lords at any given time.

7. The Kamal Haasan Crazy Hour Well-Known Member

I would be fine with it if it's budget would be lover or after some goodwill was built up. Dark sider protagonist might be to big a risk after the mess the prequels were.