1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Which villages did you wish that got more focus in the series?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Lord Haunter, Nov 7, 2018.

1. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

Out of all the villages in Naruto which one do you wish it got more focus? My two Picks are the Mist village and Cloud Village.

I know this thread had been done before but I have skimmed through a bunch of the past threads in the latest few months and it looked we have not had one of these in quite a while unless I missed it somehow so now would be a decent time to make one.

1. Mist Village

Part 1

They were the first village we got introduced to and provided us with one amazing arc and three great characters in Part 1, Not to mention they gave us the Seven Swordsmen of the Mist which I'm pretty sure EVERYBODY was hype to see more of them because of how well received Kisame and Zabuza was during part 1 of Naruto.

Part 2

Besides Kisame and Suigetsu we pretty much don't get a single a thing from them until the five Kage summit arc where we finally get to see there Kage who was by far the most useless of the Gokage and did jack shit, she damn neared curled up into a ball and started crying when they were fighting Madara.

Besides Suigetsu mentioning his brother who didn't do jack shit when he came back for the war we didn't get any info or new characters until the five kage summit arc, wtf? and they were the village that was the backbone of the arc that first got everybody deeply interested in the series.

That's like not getting any more info on the Fire Nation after Avatars first season or the Fishmen in One Piece, it's like the entire village didn't even exist besides for Suigetsu and Kisame until the Five Kage Summit arc in Part 2.

We should not even get started on their tailed beast apparently Deidara can casually fodderize Isobu with a couple of small bombs but could only beat Gaara and the one tailed beast and was called by far the weakest with the lowest amounts of chakra, by making Gaara waste all of his chakra by saving everybody with sand. Also why the blazing hell was the Mist just letting Isobu just remain unguarded? In fact why the hell wasn't the Isobu inside of a host body already?

2. Cloud Village

TBH this village was the only village besides Konoha to get good a standing in the story and power level wise unless you bring in the god tier and sage stuff. But I have two huge complaints about them too.

Part 1

All we get from them is kidnapping Hinata, really not much to say here.

Part 2

This a tremendous wtf moment and a huge plot hole that I don't think a lot of people even realize. Especially when you know how military minded the entire Cloud village is and all of the people in it.

It's a huge plot point they had kept their Bijuu very close to the village or in it, with Bee having to fake his just to get away from it because the Cloud had people who watched their tailed beast every move.

They had two perfect tailed beast users, and to this day, I don't know how the flying fuck was Hidan and Kakazu was able to take down Yugito, plus get away from the cloud and I don't think anybody in the Naruto fanbase knows either. One Bijuu bomb should vaporize all of their bodies. Not to mention as battle minded that the entire cloud village was they all didn't come to Yugito's aid at all? Huge wtf moment right there. They show that gigantic mountains have been destroyed and nobody sensed that shit? Hidan literary had the time to torture her for hours without somebody like Bee or A showing up?

Konoha was able to get to Kakazu and Hidan first before Bee and the Raikage was? Knowing how much of goddamn bro Killer Bee was it seemed crazy as hell that he didn't say or do shit about Yugito and didn't bother showing up at all in that arc knowing somebody who had the same exact lifestyle as him in the village and knowing how much the Raikage loves to destroy and attack anybody who goes after his village in any way possible, it seemed crazy that he didn't use that teleport ability to go over there with a small force of ninja with Bee, Darui, team Samui and stomp the shit out of Kakazu and Hidan.

What makes this crazy to me is that you would think a Village like the cloud would have there Bijuu heavily guarded at all times and would even try to make Killer Bee and Yugito into some type of tailed beast tag team to crush any enemy they face at all time, but no they don't give a shit about Kakazua and Hidan and they let a bunch of ninja from Konoha defeat their enemies for them which makes zero sense at all considering the way they behave throughout the entire franchise.

Killer Bee basically becomes completely useless despite the fact that he should actually have the highest chakra out of anybody that's not the Juubi since Kurama was split into two, but NO the eight tails is complete utter shit compared to a half Kyuubi and basically can't even come close to Half strength Kyuubi levels of chakra and does nothing after Obito is revealed besides fighting the ten tails for a few chapters.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2018
    Tags:
  2. Wrecked Baloney Hay

At this point, only the Sand village. Boruto anime made Kiri look pathetic, Iwa and Cloud are boring so far.

3. root eltiT resU motsuC

Sound, Grass, Waterfall, some of the other smaller villages. They were absent for the big war, but we know there's ninja villages in at least some of those smaller countries. I wonder what the culture there is like.

Out of those two you mentioned, I've always found mist to be interesting and worth exploring more. The way Boruto did it was kinda disappointing though.

4. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

With the Rain village, you would think they would have at least had made a couple of notable Ninja besides Nagato, Konan, Hanzo, Yahiko and in all those years Nagato didn't have at least one dude that was strong enough to be in the Akatsuki? That's crazy when you realize he was Rain Villages leader for well over more than a decade.

And the Sound Village is great too for more characters, knowing Orochimaru you would think he would have stronger people by his side than just relying upon Sasuke, Kabuto, Juugo, Suigetsu and he did know that all of the Akatsuki and shitload of villages wanted his ass dead.

5. root eltiT resU motsuC

Incidentally, those two would have been good candidates for joining Madara's side in the fourth shinobi war. It would have made sense to have some shinobi from the lesser villages fighting on the 'wrong' side. Then it wouldn't have been just zetsu clones and zombies.

6. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

I wish we learned more about Amegakure. Some of the behind the scenes information in plot planning I find fairly disturbing. If I remember correctly, Kishimotos said hat he didn't have much of a plan for characters following the Chuunin arc.

I can't imagine the lack of ideas that he has for other concepts.

7. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

Considering how much screen time other characters were getting before Sasuke came back in the picture when we saw him again after the Sai arc ended. it looked like he had some plans for some of them. Besides for Tenten lol

And there is a link to that? Because the only comment I heard from Kishi about the Chuunin exams arc was that Orochimaru was originally not gonna be there and it being interrupted was not planned originally.

8. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Stone village. They are depicted as the constant rivals of the Leaf with both Hiruzen and Minato having to fight wars against them. The ruthless philosophy of the village also interests me.

9. Raiden (ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ(ノಥ益ಥ)ノ

Let me try to find that for you. I could be mixing up things but I will try to find it.

10. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Iwa and Kumo obviously. I want to see more of Magma Release, Black Lightning, Dust Release, etc.

Honestly the problem is new characters don't focus on abilities that we didnt get to see enough off that is what Suna has going for it the main guy has the cool shit from that village Iron Release and Puppets.

Whereas Kiri, Kumo and Iwa new characters we seen don't get the cool rare KKGs that are interesting they get garbage abilities like fucking Bubbles. I want another Ice user, Bone User, Steam User, Magma User, Dust User, Storm User, Black Lightning User, etc. Instead I get fed shit.

Last edited: Nov 9, 2018
  11. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

The Uchiha pretty much stopped this all from happening lol, damn near every plot point involved them somehow.

It's crazy when you think about the only Bijuu holders we spent any time with besides the main character was with Gaara and Bee.
    But when It comes to the Uchiha we know the 100s of different shit they can do and the story behind it all :hestonpls

And the fact we don't even know shit about the Senju or the Uzumaki at all with the latter being the main character's clan.

How in the blazing hell is Tsunade the only Senju left? Did they all just stop breading out of nowhere?

12. Godaime Tsunade Well-Known Member

Kirigakure and Iwagakure but I think Boruto expanded on those.

Smaller canon villages like Yugakure (in Land of Hot Water, here Hidan was from) and Getsugakure (in Land of Moon, where some Chūnin Exam participants were from) could have been expanded on more. Also Takigakure because it had some plot significance but was never shown.

13. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

14. Topace Master Caster Of The Sabaku Warlocks

They have iron sand, gold dust, regular samd, puppetry, scorch style, master wind release user and you’re telling me kishi couldn’t think of jack shit to give them beside Daddy issues and assassinations?

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Reviewing Logic ( ͡°( ͡° ͜ʖ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)ʖ ͡°) ͡°)

What made them different

why didn't they opt for Ninjutsu?

how is their culture?

Is the Shinobi Union headquarters still there?

so many mysteries...they could've been fleshed out imho

16. SupremeKage Hunter x Hunter > ur fave

Why is the world building so bad in this series? So much potential smh

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  17. MS81 Supreme Jounin

I would like for a cloud village arc, and have Bee able to absorb Natural chakra.

18. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Practically all of them. Theres so many interesting abilities that could've been introduced outside of the ones we had already seen and wars between villages would've served as ways to strengthen characters without power inflation, or out of the blue power ups. There is enormous potential, but sadly Naruto is already over.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Coolest Guy! Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  19. Ignition Revolving Vaudaville

Way too late to develop these villages, what I saw in Boruto got me bored. Though I would have liked to see what happened to Rain after the war.

20. The Death & The Strawberry No Fear

Kumo:gglife

Only black presidents in Naruto:wow

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  21. Raniero 『 』

Yeah, I would've been cool with some extra representation

Kumo is tight too :wow

22. SueVthrARtiST Jack Gourdon

i find it weird that every black person only came from the hidden cloud but yet they all had straight blonde hair no other village had black people

23. Skaddix Well-Known Member

I mean the hair was straight I guess although they did rock a variety of black hairstyles. Eh I was just happy we got black characters who were actually relevant.

24. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

It has to do with the fact besides the Sand village we got pretty much nothing of the other villages after the Chuinin Exams arc and the fact that the Uchiha pretty much became the sole enemy for everything and behind or involved with every villain group.

Until the Cloud comes in during the Pain arc and the other villages during the Five Kage Summit, it was just Konoha vs the Akatsuki.

Plus the main goal was to bring back Sasuke, becoming the Hokage became a secondary goal, and this is coming from a guy does not even hate Part 2 at all besides the War arc, I just wish we got to see more info on stuff and see other characters do a lot more things.

It also took us after the Pain arc to finally see the other Kages Besides Gaara, and by the time we saw them, Naruto already looked way stronger than they were. Because he defeated the man who soloed the Leaf Village Pain.

The Cloud village was not even involved in the arc where there own Bijuu got taken by Hidan and Kakazu. Which is very disappointing to me.

Another factor was there were so few enemies in number for people to fight, the Akatsuki was just ten people, I'm gonna make a thread about later on in a bit when I feel like it lol.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2018 at 5:43 PM
  25. Lord Haunter Tyrant Overlord

This could have been very easily done with the Akatsuki too. There will be a thread about it from me on easy it would have been for the Akatsuki to have just more members so other characters can fight.

The funny thing is back then during around the Naruto fanbase at that time when it was just Kisame, Kabuto, Taka?, Zetsu and Tobi/Obito/Madara left some people where pointing this out that the villains need more people so the good side can fight and a lot of people just responded "naw the manga is ending, we don't need any more new villains."

This is a based action series unless there is antagonist the heroes can't fight anybody besides themselves in tournaments or in no stakes sparing matches.

Four alive villains were nowhere near enough for anybody besides the strongest to shine because as we saw when Kishi brought in the Zombies to fight it was boring as hell because they were Zombies and Zetsu is fodder.

26. Skaddix Well-Known Member

It went crap honestly I expected a Konoha Civil War Arc after Danzo ran from the Kage Meeting.

Instead Danzo was Dealt with so quick...

27. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

You know another issue I felt was created by rushing through things? Raw power became too much of a scape goat. There could've been other options to gaining a lot of raw jutsu strength or subverting it through decent, but balanced hax if things had been fleshed out more. That way he could've developed the villians more and given each of the supporting characters improved roles/abilities.

28. Nataly Goddess

I wouldn't mind if few episodes were dedicated to showing more about the Sand Village. We got to learn a few little things when Gaara and Sasori's background stories were shown, but it would be interesting to see the lives of citizens and the overall village administrative system in more detail.

I think the viewer would have gotten a better understanding of Nagato if Amegakure had a better representation in the series. The Hidden Village in the Rain, just the name of it makes it so mysterious and even sad. The rain, the tears of those living there and trying to survive. Pain improved the living conditions of villagers, but it would be more effective if we were shown the past and future of the village in comparison, pre and past the era of Pain.

29. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Honestly the worst part is the fact we have to endure all of this shitty filler in both the Naruto anime and now the Boruto anime... but they still don't bother to do any real cohesive world building because they can't touch anything potentially plot relevant.

Instead of giving us 3 episodes of Chocho being a fat hungry bitch, why not give us a 3 episodes showing us the history behind the Rain village and how they are now? :gglife

30. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Whenever I bitch about Chocho I get told she is popular in Japan...which means I really need to find someone I can trust who lives in Japan to verify that or can at least read Japanese.

Speaking of Black rep though we went from Bee and Ei as the major black characters to fuckng ChoCho...I man not even sure Butterfly mode can salvage that and yes she is still better then Bubbles...no wonder I hate Boruto.