1. img
    Take time to sit, get comfy, and watch the leaves fall...
    Come and join us in our forums Falling Autumn Event!
    The deadline is on September 25 at 10pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. img
    Come vote in the first ever Café Banner Contest!
    Deadline is September 23th at 4:42 PM EST.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice

Who do you think would have won the chuunin tournament?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Homerh, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Homerh

Tags:
  2. Inuzuka Kiba

3. ahheng21

i think naruto should win too... he beat the no.1 rookie

4. jquchiha

5. Gejimayu

The ones who advanced were Naruto, Shino, Temari, and Sasuke vs. Gaara got interrupted, right? That would mean Naruto vs. Shino (Naruto, since bugs aren't enough vs. extreme stamina and Kyuubi reserves of chakra), and Temari vs., in my opinion, Sasuke, since either he would've won with Chidori + near-Lee speed taijutsu or the fight would've been stopped when Gaara continued transforming and the judges learned something was up and stopped everything when he started killing random people.

For Temari vs. Sasuke, it's a tough call. Tenten isn't that good an opponent to gauge Temari against, so we never really learn if she's fast enough to beat Sasuke's new speed. I think, going on that a thrown weapon will travel faster than a person, she could keep Sasuke at range, and her wind would beat his fire, so unless she just barely managed to beat Tenten and hid it well, I'd give it to her. If it was Gaara vs. Temari, Temari would drop out out of fear.

That leaves Naruto vs. Temari or Sasuke or Gaara (in order of likelihood, in my opinion). He could beat Temari, but Sasuke, pre-Rasengan, he'd lose to, as he would against Gaara, since he'd have nothing to beat the sand with, unless he could come from underneath or really work some magic over-extending it with clones.

Overall winner? Based on skill, Temari over Naruto. If we let Kishimoto write it (on the stipulation that the tournament continues), Naruto over Sasuke or Gaara.

6. BattousaiMS

The Final battle would have ended with Naruto vs. Garaa and Naruto would have won it.
    It dosn't matter what skill or speed Sasuke has, he can't beat Garaa's defense, in fact Sasuke lost to Garaa, he was going to be crushed like a bug if Naruto hadn't shown up to kick Garaa out of the way. Sasuke isn't as strong as many rates him, he only has the eye, he is weak like Itachi said, weak enough to become a pawn for Orochi and traped in a curse seal. Garaa and Naruto on the other hand were not weak, they were evenly matched till the last hit.

But now if we had to remake the same exam I am pretty sure Naruto is much higher then Garaa or Sasuke. He didn't use his Kyuubi form against Garaa which would give him a great advantage and even if Garaa can make the Strongest shield, I doubt he can servive a full blast from Rasengan. Sasuke on the other had is also inferior to Naruto because Naruto didnt want to kill him even in his Kuyuubi form, he was bound by the promise he made to Sakura. Had there been no promises, I don't think Kuyuubi Naruto would even let Sasuke get to lvl 2 seal.

7. narong

i think naruto would have won it .. but u dont need to win to become a chuunin, i think shikamaru would've become a chuunin .. and i denno, gaara looks like he woulda lost to sasuke so i dont think gaara was goin to adavance, afterwards naruto kicks sasuke ass .. yeah thats only my oppinion though

8. Rattan

I dunno. During the chuunin match I think Sasuke was close to a victory. Gaara was running low on energy. Then again I wouldn't be surprised if Sasuke was too. I would give it to Sasuke if the fight continued since Gaara was more injured.

Sasuke is now very tired and Naruto has had a chance to regain energy. So if he were able to summon a good sized toad like the one that took out Ebisu i'd say Naruto might've eeked out of that.

Temari and Shino could go any way. Hard to tell. But based on the two of them i'd say that whoever won that one would have gone on to win the tournement as Naruto lacks any solid bug defense unless his kyubi chakrah allowed that. If it does he might be able to beat Shino. But Temari would probably take him out based on Naruto's tendency to get in close for combat.

9. caust1c

sasuke had gaaras lifespan in the palm of his hand
    somebody wouldve jumped in to stop him.
    sasuke wouldve been decalred winner
    although naruto had the brute strength, he wouldntve won.
    being a ninja isnt just about being strongest.

10. itachi46

is shikamaru won becaus oe this tactics.. wasnt it tactics aswell for naruto to actually do a bunshin to cover a hole and dig his way to neji and give him a hard blow? i don get those judges in the battle with gaara i'd say they couldnt really evaluate becoz it din really finish but i think he is far beyond the skills of a chuunins

11. Lazlo (inactive)

I bet Naruto would have one... either him or sasuke.. Kinda hard to say

12. stormrunner

Temari would have lost since we see them battle it out in the forest when she has to stall him so kankuro can escape with Gaara. sasuke defeats her easily so would say that it would have been a battle of Gaara vs Naruto in the final since sasuke still is a lvl 1 seal.

13. stormrunner

Itachi and Sasuke cannot be compared since Itachi has little known skills unlike Sasuke and has the mangekyo unlike sasuke who was a lvl 2 sharingan at the time. Naruto would beat Sasuke and so would Gaara in Sasuke's current state.
    As for the part about Naruto's promise to Sakura, I honestly cannot say that it is relevant here. Naruto considers Sasuke to be a as close friend as Sasuke does to him. So i don't think that even if he hadn't made that promise he would have defeated him.

14. EMPRA

Hard to decide but to pik i would say sasuke he has the power to win and the skills tha others don't in my opionin

15. Divination Whirl

I thought we already saw who would have won. Naruto of course. Shinos and Kankurous fight was a draw, Sasuke defeated Temari, Gaara defeated Sasuke and Naruto defeated Gaara.

16. Akukairu

Yeah.... naruto would have won unless he was too hurt after fighting gaara and shino beat him for no reason

17. Rokudaime

Naruto going to become chuunin automatically if he use Tayjuu Kage Bunshin and summon Gamabunta in the exam.

seriously, in the final match going to be Naruto Vs Gaara..just like the real plot...

18. Hayabusa

Naruto would win since he is always god moded.
    In the preliminlary matches he won by a fluke, Kiba would have beaten him if it wasnt for his fart.

19. Marvin

let see, if the sound and sand did not plan to attack then
    match 1 Neji Vs Naruto winner (by KO) Naruto
    Match 2 Gaara Vs Sasuke Winner (by disqualification) Gaara ( remember Sasuke was very late, the match was posponed by the request of Oro).
    Match 3 Shino Vs Kankuro Draw (they did fight in the forest)
    Match 4 Temari Vs Shikamaru winner Temari

match 5 NAruto vs Gaara winner Naruto, (he is still moving, while gaara can't move already)

match 6 naruto vs Temari winner Naruto (Temari would not face any one that can beat gaara)

So if the sand and sound did not attack the winner of the chuunin exam would have been Naruto.

and Naruto should have been made chuunin to, but the judges are biased against him.

20. Rokudaime

yeah, even Temari have better strategy than Naruto but she going to give up without any try after witness Naruto PWN Gaara.

21. Sawako

If not him then either Sasuke or Naruto.

22. EroKage

the last fight would be naruto vs gaara and gaara would get his ass kicked cause he couldnt use the demon..or if he did it would rip the stadium appart...

23. InnerSakura

I think that Naruto would have won it overall. Becuase he did defeat Gaara and Neji both of whom were supposed to be among the best Genin.

24. RockLee of Shaolin

if Gaara didnt transform then Naruto whouldnt summon bunta
    at that time Naruto isnt capable of Rasengan either, so whats naruto gonna do?

Taju Kage Bunshin? like he's fast enough to catch gaara with 2000 clones, no way, gaara would eat him for breakfast if that was the case, even if naruto was kyuubified,

but we all know what happens if bunta was there vs that demon thingy. =)

25. BattousaiMS

Actually the Tajyu Kage Bushin is what forced Garaa to fully transform = He was beaten to the punch so he had to use this secret powers to avoid a certain defeat. You have to remember Garaa isn't fast, his sand is and Naruto Sending Clones is ineffective for Garaa's sand, cuz he won't harm Naruto, he's just hitting the clones. On the other way, Naruto can Lauch a hell lotta attack, since he wont get hurt if he loses a few clones (well not physically).

26. itachi2

naruto would win, sasuke got beat by gaara anyway and naruto kicked gaaras ass, end of story:D

27. Homerh

Sasuke got a direct hit on Gaara with his chidori and injured him, so sasuke could have beaten gaara.

28. itachi2

29. otakufan

Gaara...Naruto never would have won against him if he didn't attack Sakura.

30. itachi2

kyuubi would not of let naruto die to gaara