1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details and PM your vote.

Dismiss Notice

Who do you trust most?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by taniquetil, May 31, 2007.

1. taniquetil Member

THis thread was based off of the many many debates that we've had on this thread about whether Jiraiya or ITachi is stronger. Kisame says in one chapter to Itachi that Jiraiya would be a match for himself and Itachi, but obviously many Itachi fans reject this statement for some reason or another.

Who would you guys say is the compass for judging strength based on what they say. If Itachi said 'Jiraiya is stronger than me' would you believe him? Obviously if Naruto said something like that you'd just call him a retard and move on.

Tags:
  2. Sasuke_Bateman Well-Known Member

Itachi aka God is stronger , i think you should make a poll....n00b.

3. Namicho 愛は耐

Come on, the guy has a serious point. You have no right to be going around calling people n00bs, sorry..:oh

Well, if Itachi said Jiraiya's stronger than him, I would believe him since he's Itachi and he would never say something like that unless he meant it. Same for Jiraiya. Of course, yes, Naruto wouldn't be a very credible source unless he was seriously talking about someone being stronger or weaker than him. Any of the serious characters can be taken as being serious about what they say when it comes to statements like that because KISHI is talking through them to try to get something across to us.

EDIT:

Oh yeah...OP, don't make multiple copies of a thread. Just make one......Making more than one thread that says the same thing is considered spamming..

4. Sasuke_Bateman Well-Known Member

I wasn't calling him a n00b! i like saying the word n00b! ok!...n00b.

5. Namicho 愛は耐

6. Spencer_Gator Pain is a god.

Itachi is stronger imo, Jiraiya would struggle with Sharingan, and he would have to hope to hell that his summons do something..

7. Namicho 愛は耐

Ok, come on. He's not asking about which one's stronger. There's already enough threads like that. Re-read the first post....or actually read it....

8. Godammit Well-Known Member

He will summon the HypnoToad to counter his Sharingan

FEAR THE HYPNOTOAD

9. eerie Rock Lee has no MP.

I think if Jiraiya has madea comment, or if he would make one, about Itachi and himself and how they compare, I would probably be inclined to believe it. Jiraiya ain't no fool.

10. Rhaella nothing but the rain

Yeah, there would be a lot less room for error had Itachi made the comment himself, though I am inclined to believe that Kisame probably knows him well enough to have a pretty good idea about his capabilities.

11. Woozie Active Member

Kisame: "His guardian is one of the legendary three...having him as our opponent would make us look like nothing"

Obviously Kisame, and quite probably rest of the Akas, don't know anything about Orochimaru's defeat in front of Itachi.

On-topic: Itachi is stronger.

12. bloodstains the town fag

itachi is stronger. Orochimaru isnt stronger than itachi and thats stated. its also stated that orochimaru is stronger than jiraiya.

13. icedemon1099 sup all

i still say itachi is stronger than jiraiya. how could he counter mangekyo sharingan without the sharingan?

14. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

Wait, wait, where exactly does it state that at their current age Jiraiya is not as strong as Orochimaru? I mean, I believe the point, but I can't remember it being explicited stated by someone in the series.

15. Canute87 Nuke Imminent

I will only take credibility in the akatsuki leaders words. Whoever he says is stronger is what i would believe and until he speaks there should be no debates on who is stonger J or I

16. Kusogitsune Banned

17. Sorrow-Tear's Champion Fair and Biased

Didn't Kisame say that Itachi should be able to take Jiraiya, but he wasn't sure about himself. I'm not sure who to believe since everyone throws out contradictary statements all the time. And since alot of the opinions are just that, and based mainly on reputation, you can't accurately guage someone's power. Kishi has done a masterful job of creating such confusion.

18. mgnt GBz HolyGaible

and it goes from an Itachitard

...itachi need to proove more himself as a magic godlevel nin ......until that i believe that jiraiya can be a match fo him (and i dont believe in oro>jiraiya cuz jiraiya though of oro as a friend for a long time ...so he cant just forget all his illusions and kill oro)

19. taniquetil Member

Hey, on the same note as the first post, NOT caring about who is actually stronger, let's take a look at the most recent chapter.

Two things, first of all, Kabuto said that 'Orochimaru's soul is integrated into my body and lives on inside me'. Do you take Kabuto;s word at Orochimaru's continue existence or do you take it as dramatic talk.

Also, Tobi and Deidara, according to what Tobi said, are gonna beat down Ssasuke. TObi says, 'looks like we're going to have to apologize to Itachi'. Do you believe Tobi's words CONSIDERING they came from Tobi. I actually don't care who's stronger. Obviously if AL said 'Tobi will beat Sasuke' we would all take his word for it. How trustworthy is Tobi?

20. Ranger Samson Member

Haven't seen enough of Itachi to tell, we don't even know if he can summon.

21. whitefang21 Kage

22. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

Yeah, but after that didn't Jiraiya say something about it taking everything he had just to keep Itachi and Kisame away from Naruto?? Don't get me wrong, I think Jiraiya is a really powerful shinobi but I just don't understand how Jiraiya could be stronger than someone who straight pwned Oro when he was only 10 or 11 years old. I have a mini-theory about what made Itachi say Jiraiya was stronger than him...

Itachi, as we all know by now, is a super genius... he's definitely quick on the uptake that's for sure. With that said, I'm pretty sure Itachi was very familiar with Jiraiya's unique fighting style and it's heavy dependency on frog summons, particularly those of large proportions; and there's not that much even the great Itachi himself could do against a 50 or 100 ft frog... I think Itachi realized that and what made me think that is when Kisame said something about even if they brought an army of ninjas like himself and Itachi it still wouldn't do any good against Jiraiya. One man by himself against an army of Akatsuki-level nins wouldn't stand a chance I don't care how powerful he is unless he had some pretty bad-ass S-rank jutsus up his sleeve, of which Jiraiya has only demonstrated one (frog stomach summoning) and it took A LOT out of him to perform it; but with the help of a creature the size of Gamabunta any man could easily crush an army of any sort. I believe that's why Itachi doesn't think he can do too much with Jiraiya because he realized that he would more than likely have to face one or more of those gigantic frogs of his, whereas he had no trouble pwning Oro since Oro hardly ever uses those giant snakes he has, largely due to the extreme arrogance he has in regards to his own power, and is more of a one-on-one, in-your-face fighter, which I believe Itachi knew prior to taking him on and heavily influenced his decision to do so in the first place.

23. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

don't forget the giant swamp. that can take out a few people

24. Trollzilla Banned

I think Jiraiya is much more stronger .. Maybe everything he touches become Shit..

But Itachi ... You know the rest..

We have not seen the Full Power of Ero Sennin and I think he will surprise us..

His Death is for the AL.

25. suprman70ss Wearer of Excessive Hats

jiraiya is definitely stronger than itachi. Itachi said so himself. Plus, jiraiya is one of the legendary sannin, therefore one of the strongest out of konoha and kakashi can hold his own against itachi. Therefore kakashi<itachi<jiraiya. Jiraiya would have owned oro when they fought if it wasnt for whatever he was messed up from, i forget.

26. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

27. InfIchi I AM DA PLOT NINJA

that would explain the army thing. i mean, if you fight a guy who can make a giant tar pit/quicksand/swamp the size of a lake. You better bring more then 3 people.