1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

3. Voting is open in the KCC Haiku Contest!
    Entries can be found here.
    The poll closes on August 24th at 2:59pm UTC.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  5. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has ACTUALLY seen the AL????

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by alienworkshopguy, Oct 13, 2006.

1. alienworkshopguy

Well, I have been thinking, what characters have ACTUALLY seen the AL, either face to face, or from a distance. Do the members even know what their leader look like? Does Jiraya know his identity? Could Jiraya's knowledge about the AL disprove the "4th is AL" theories..or any others for that matter? Just wondering if ANYONE in the serious really knows what he looks like?....

Tags:
  2. Shogun

in response to the title of this thread: everytime i look in the mirror...

3. Gai-Sifu

We already know its chuck norris, its been confirmed when they showed the picture of all ten of them. He's the guy standing at the back with red hair.

4. Hexin

thats all what this forum is about nowadays, ifs and buts! yorn :D

5. kuchiyoseNOjutsu

Zetsu probably, they seem to be good buddies.

6. SpoonTypeR

The Atastuki leader must be Jiraiya's son/daughter or brother/sister. Hey, it could be a female!

7. Rashman

the akatsuki dudes probably know what he looks like....

8. The Pink Ninja

Outside of Akatsuki possibily only Neji's Bayukgan gives Konoha any clue as to who he is and what he looks like.

That's probably it. He's a secretive guy.

9. FrostXian

Neji couldn't have seen him, he was only a projection at the time, no facial features, just a shadow.

10. Surreal

Orochimaru was in Akatsuki so he could know who AL really is. So, if it really is Yondaime, why the hell would he try to summon him with Edo Tensei?

11. FrostXian

12. hatakemax

the akatsuki members know who he is for sure...

outside akatsuki jiraiya, orochimaru & tsunade know who he is. i remember somewhere in the forum someone said once that he will be someone that a lot of the older shinobi in the narutoverse will know but the younger genin an chunin wont know.
    he's probably some uber powerful missing nin that many thought were dead and now realize is still alive(and no i dont think its uchiha madara)

13. PradaBrada

He's Sandaime's first son, Asuma's big brother and Konohamaru's dad.

14. Shodai Kage

I agree. Seeing as how the AL is going to be uber-powerful and pretty much all of the uber nin come from Konoha, (except Akatsuki members) this makes the most sense.

The only other person I could imagine it being is a member of the Yondaime's 3 man team that is pissed off about his best friend sacrificing himself to seal the Kyuubi. So he is on a mission to seal all of the bijuu so they are no longer a threat to the hidden villages.

But the Sarutobi's son idea is a little bit more believable.

15. Archtyrant

Obito.

16. Louis-954

This is false, He only tried to summon the 4th in the Anime, its not Canon because in the Anime you can see his seal on the coffin, in the manga there is no seal so we dont know who he was trying to summon. So we cant rule Yondaime out yet. Even though I dont want him to be the AL, its still quite possible.

Manga is Canon Anime is not, So Manga > Anime for 100% fact info. He could of been summoning the Yondaime Kazekage(Gaara's father) for all we know, after all he is a Kage and he killed him before the final round of Chuunin exams. Fact is we will never know who he was trying to summon unless Oro says so himself.

This is the most solid theory we have thus far. He has red hair like the chuckster, and in 327 we see his beard so he is clearly rugged like the chuckster. He is the god of the Narutoverse supposedly; much like Chuck Norris is the god of mortal real world. I really think Kishi based the AL off Chuck Norris.

17. Jonas

The members of Akatsuki has most probbly, if not defenitly, seen his face. It's been ten years+ since the organization supposedly formed itself and it would be dumb if they didn't even know how their own "leader" looked like.
    Orochimaru has probably seen him too. Jiraiya may have seen a mere glimpse of his face, if even that but probably know somewhat what he has to deal with when it comes down to the AL.

Other than that... no I think nobody does except a few. The top jounins of Konoha probably know him but haven't seen him for a whle (theory).

18. ikra

19. Surreal

Nah, my mistake since I started reading the manga after Tsunade took over as Godaime.

20. ANBUBooBoo

With hot-headed guys like Hidan and Kakuzu in the group, I don't think there's any way they'd obey the AL if they didn't even know who he was. So I think it's pretty safe to say that the Akatsuki know who he is.

Outside Akatsuki, I'd say that Orochimaru (+Kabuto?) and Jiraiya are the only people who'd really have a chance of knowing.

21. Loki_Seijuro

Judging from the sporatic informalities in their conversations, I'm pretty sure the Akatsuki know what the AL looks like.

22. AZIZ_FROST

you could be true.....in the anime he tried to summon the 4th....and in the manga there is no number 4 in the coffin....if kishi will make the 4th the AL there will be a BIG BIG BIG problem in the anime series....and i think the animators asks kishi if they did the anime right or wrong....because if they did not ask i think they will be sued....changing the story with out permission....:amuse

23. kulgan18

Orochimaru as a former akatsuke for sure.
    I dont know about jiraiya. From what we know the AL doesnt go around doing any missions so it would be hard to spot him.

24. Lenas

Every member of Akatsuki has seen him. None of them would take orders from someone they had never met. Also, I'd be willing to bet that most of the bigger people in Konoha and other villages have seen him as well, but don't know that he's the AL.

25. Tyrannos

The only ones that most likely know the AL's true identity is Akatsuki, and Orochimaru, and maybe Jiraya via his contacts.

As for who he is, especially how some on another thread put the AL's pictures together, I am almost positive that he isn't the Yondaime, and most likely not Madara Uchiha either. But he is starting to oddly look like a Sarutobi (not Sandaime), especially with that chin beard.

As for the Third Coffin, who knows for certain if it was the Yondaime Hokage or the Yondaime Kazekage. But if you ask me it was the Yondaime Hokage. Because he did leave a body behind after his Kyuubi fight (from the Naruto Novel (by Kishimoto, ghost-written by Kusakabe, so it is legit folks). And lets not forget the Yondaime Kazekage's body was left in the middle of the desert. That would be one heck of a summon from that distance. :p

26. Hatake Kakashi

If I remember correctly the AL has to start the justu for sealing the bijuu so all the current Akatsuki members should see him during that time.

27. elektroniks

I seen that bastard. Bitch owes me 8 dollars on the Redskins vs. Jaguars game.

28. Continuity

That's not how licensing an anime series works. :p

Studio Pierrot can do ANYTHING they want with Naruto, they bought the rights to do so, they can't be sued for taking a different direction from the manga. :p They don't need to discuss anything with Kishimoto, and they likely don't.

As for the thread, I think all the Akatsuki have seen the AL at least once, probably even Tobi. I'm thinking his identity might be real important, but not exactly hidden within the organization. Some of the Akatsuki members wouldn't seem to be intimidated by any display of techniques or skill, which leads me to believe if the AL was indeed hidden from the rest of the group, they wouldn't be as loyal as they are. Something tells me they know who he is and like what he's trying to accomplish, if they didn't know him, they wouldn't be as trusting I think. They haven't yet done anything to go against him except Orochimaru, who they all now dislike.

I don't think anyone outside of Akatsuki can link the AL to Akatsuki, though many people may actually know who the man is. I think Jiraiya, for example, knows the AL as a person from reputation, but doesn't know that that person is the AL.

29. Kisame

And yondaime

30. Lazarus

If Kishi never reveals the identity of the AL, I will laugh XD Or if. like, he actually is a walking silhoutte >.>

But... Since no one ever really talks about him, probably only the Akatsuki have seen his face.