1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Who has more character development sasuke or vegeta?

Discussion in 'Akihabara Lounge' started by animegod12345, Jul 14, 2018.

Who’s a better character

1. Sasuke

27 vote(s)
    40.9%
  2. Vegeta

39 vote(s)
    59.1%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. animegod12345 My waifu is better than yours

So who has more character development and who’s better in terms of personality,design and character development.

Tags:
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  2. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Say what you want about Vegeta, but at least he didn't get turned into a pin cushion and made the entire fandom mock his fanbase for over a year.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Vegeta got more development because for most of the series Sasuke wasn't developing as a person but regressing with increasingly amoral behavior and insanity contrasting how Naruto was growing as a person.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  4. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

It's also arguable Sasuke was a character in the first place, he was barely a human being but more a mascot for Uchiha's Darkness and Hatred theme. Also he's jobbed far more against opponents than Vegeta who at least beat Goku and Incomplete Cell. Both major characters, Sasuke beat Naruto at his most nerfed and beat no major villain on his own.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List
  5. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

Sasuke has a fairly respectable win rate. His biggest issue is that his two victories against his most iconic opponents was based on those opponents being terrible weakened at the time. Its hard to see Sasuke's victories against Orochimaru and Itachi as very impressive because both were half dead at the time of their fight. And without them you are left with Deidara the low to mid tier Akatsuki member and Danzo who's not quite top level material.

6. Linkmyboy72 Well-Known Member

Still less than Naruto and Gai. Which is fairly embarrassing since Sasuke is based on a ace prodigy genius type like Killua and Hiei.

7. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

8. BlackGod Well-Known Member

10. 123fire Witches>>>Your favorite

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  11. Rifulofthewest Active Member

Depends on what we mean by character development, clearly Vegeta has less personality changes than Sasuke, but Vegeta's changes are well made (technically it takes him all dragon ball z, to stop being a heartless bastard, that includes goku saving his life several times, all the cast forgive him for... killing them, Bulma being his lover, and seeing his son from an alternate future die to start worrying about his baby son of the present and to appear a villain who does not he can beat him alone so he realizes that he needs to give up his habit of being an egocentric asshole, and that he has screwed it up killing Goku, so that finally he considers working as a team with him, and reliving his entire family to accept that Goku has surpassed him, but still has his personality of hard-egocentric guy) and Sasuke came a moment when he simply decided that his personality was no longer the same from one scene to another, especially during shippuden that goes from being an avenging emo to a bitch of his brother, to a crazed avenger, to a "I have the answer to the problems of the world", to a "yeah, I'm sorry, the world has no problems and I was wrong" to a "Goodbye, my wife and daughter, and goodbye too my principal character trait that is to be a specially family boy".

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  12. SaiST 鎧袖一触 Retired Staff

Vegeta was pretty one note for the majority of Dragon Ball. The most notable changes in his character, that I can recall... The time he was reduced to tears at the realization that he wasn't the Super Saiya-jin he thought he was, shortly before Freezer killed him... And his admission of Gokū as the superior combatant at the tail end of Dragon Ball.

Sasuke's character development has been a bit more dynamic, but not as well executed.

13. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    Sasuke, maybe not always for the better ...

14. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Saiyan & Namek arc Vegeta > Any version of Sasuke.

Hell FKS Sasuke was basically a poor mans Namek arc Vegeta.

Also all of majin Vegeta's quotes are gold unlike most of Sasuke's.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  15. pat pat Well-Known Member

Making your character a flip-flop manipulable guy who switch opinions as the wind goes isn’t character development.
    , it’s not knowing what to do with your character. Sorry sauce :catcry

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  16. Sequester Not the hero The Alley needs, but the hero The Alley deserves

Vegeta went from a princely asshole who seemed at the top of the pecking order in his introductory arc to someone who was just a cog in frieza's organization in the next. We find out he used to be comparable to fucking Cui, that was a big turnaround from the impression we first got from him. In that arc he turns into a badass renegade antihero, after Namek comes to earth as a begrudging ally, slam dances with Bulma, makes her shit out trunks, then he becomes a daddy with an attitude.... And more or less stays there.

Sasuke starts off as the tryhard cool kid, becomes the tryhard cool kid who is less of a douche, then turns into the tryhard cool kid who becomes more of a douche. Afterward he blooms into this weird giggly curse mark butterfly during his escape from Konoha. In shippuden we find he turned into ronin McTunnelvision unable to pay attention to anything other then killing his brother. After killing his brother he becomes Gerard Way.... there are some more transition but he eventually becomes a deadbeat dad...

I think Sasuke might actually have more character changes.

17. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Vegeta by far. It isn't even a competition.

Vegeta was initially a planet destroying murderer.

He learnt to appreciate family, his interactions with trunks, how he got over his rival complex and pride with goku, and decided that saving of his own people and of earth is much greater than his own pride.

Heck his sacrifice vs majin buu is far greater character development than anything sasuke has ever got:hestonpls

Sasuke went from avenger to someone who wants to change the world.. To suddenly realizing he's wrong, and deadbeat dad as adult.

Sasuke went through numerous flip flops in Shippuden while vegetas transition was much better and consistent.

And as an adult, Sasuke is now reduced to a wank tool for the new main character, someone who will copy and surpass him. He has no existence or development or character of his own beside being borutos teacher. He is a semi autistic wreck who cant even interact with his own family properly

He doesn't give a fuck about his family or daughter for that matter. Look at vegeta and trunks development in the cell and zamasu arc. In the zamasu and cell arc, he trained and encouraged trunks to become stronger and better. Sasuke... Trains boruto. Zero fucks given about his daughter and family. Heck they showed him training boruto two seconds after sarada basically told that he ignores them lol and Atleast he didn't try to kill trunks the first time he met him :awesome

He was forced to fuck off for a mission for ten years( shitty reason) .. And a fatass fodder villain ends up knowing more than him, very well knowing he had portal abilities, he could have visited them anytime but no.. He ignored them to the point it caused his daughter pain

Add to that the numerous flip flops in Shippuden ... Sasuke is hot trash compared to vegeta in terms of character writing

Vegeta will always be a better father, man and character than sasuke has ever been

Last edited: Jul 15, 2018
    • Like x 4
    • Dislike x 2
    • Neutral x 2
    • Agree x 1
    • Disagree x 1
    • List
  18. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

Vegeta wishes he was more than just a doormat for Goku to wipe his shoes on before fighting the main villain.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 4
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  19. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

to be completely fair ...sasuke got fucked against bee and was missing for 100s of episodes . Naruto defeated pain and was spamming bijuu bombs and healing entire armies .Thankfully in the end , they both are more or less equal. As a fighter I agree that sasuke is treated much better than vegeta.

But as a character and literally human Vegetas development is much better than sasuke .Kishimoto fucked up sasuke badly .And gaiden made it worse.Add borutrash to that and its complete .He cant even be bothered to give a fuck about his family or interact with them properly for that matter :apathy.

Not to mention sasuke is being shown as this self loathing wreck who thinks that ignoring his family and not talking with anyone is atonement

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  20. Zef Dark Magician

When I said all this you gave me neutral rating.
    :martin

21. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

When? I don't remember lol... I agree now tho.

My bad then

Edit : couldnt find it... Are you sure it was me?

I'm really conflicted. I like naruto and it's ideas and characters better than dbz but the execution is horrible

22. Zensuki Sasuke > your fav

:mjlol

No one jobs harder than Vegeta
    Sasuke had multiple arcs solely on him, ended the first series beating the MC, had conflicting motives (unlike Vegeta's 1 dimensional inferiority complex), his morals weren't as black and white as Vegeta, and had so many more notable fights.

Basically Sasuke had a lot more going on as character, did a lot more for the story and the characters he had relationships with. Kishi definitely could of executed it better but his development throughout the manga stands far above Vegeta's run.

GTFO with Borutrash. Kishi didn't write that :camby

23. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

Fair enough, but kishi wrote Gaiden. It fucked sasukes character badly. Not to mention boruto movie

Sasuke's atonement is running away from his family for 8 years till it pained his daughter ( he didn't need to stupid writing) and only thing he does to his daughter is a forehead poke adn that goddamn dialogue " maybe next time". Not to mention he tried to stab her and didn't recognise her when he had no reason to do so

Vegetas atonement is sacrificing himself for his wife and son ( explicitly stated). He tried to train trunks as much as he can and worries about his development. Sasuke? Nah.

See the difference in writing their characters?

Look I like sasuke and he's my favourite in naruto but vegeta is well written than him imo. He's been well written for what role he has in db. Sasuke may have a bigger role and more importance compared to him in Shippuden, but it's not well executed at all

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • List
  24. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

And Sasuke is also lucky that his rival is not Goku or else he would've been also a "Doormat for Goku to wipe his shoes on before fighting main villain".

If someone like Naruto was able to defeat him imagine what Goku will do to him?

And Unlike Vegeta Sasuke is lucky to have a beta like Naruto as rival not alpha like Goku.

25. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

:drake

:heckk

:avalon

:conspiracy

:ickkk

26. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

You know it true, MC's are main reason of deference between Sasuke's & Vegeta's performance in their respected series.

Vegeta > Sasuke... But

Vegeta was unlucky to have an Alpha as rival.

Sasuke was lucky to have a Beta as rival... Scratch that Sasuke is pretty lucky to have a gay fagot as rival unlike Geets.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
    • Winner Winner x 4
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  27. oMeGa1904 Mr. Incredible

Germany, Peru, Brazil
    Within themes and intentions, Sasuke is the better character. He doesn't rely on the protagonist, he is the protagonist of a side story within Naruto.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  28. pjsasuke Disappear with the thunder

By comparing a punching bag to Sasuke and saying that the said punching bag is better? Seriously?

The most notable trait about Vegeta and other generic rivals is their obsession to beat the main character while constantly failing at every step they took in order to defeat them. I don't see any specialty in this.

Whereas Sasuke is a unique rival who simply followed his own story throughout the series.

Sasuke was the main hero in both gaiden and Boruto movie and has the main character of the next generations following his path and wanting to be like him. Not to mention Sasuke is Naruto's equal always.

On the other hand Vegeta has always been a jobber in each thing he appeared while always declaring how he is gonna surpass kakarot which never happened. Vegeta is always known as inferior to Goku no matter what.

Comparing a shit like Vegeta to Sasuke should be a sin in my honest opinion.

Heck you yourself always keep complaining how Sarada is being turned into a Vegeta or something instead of having Sasuke level importance in the series. And you also randomly disliked my comment once without any specific reason behind it. Just what do you honestly believe yourself?

• Disagree Disagree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • List
  29. Abcdjdj1234 Well-Known Member

God this escalated quickly.... well maybe i overblew it , my bad . Vegeta does job a lot and is shown to be wore than goku ..but in terms of families and relationships hes got a better treatment than sasuke .... gaiden was crap man .I have to say that .Atleast he got to see out his whole sons childhood and train him. sauske didnt even get that, even now when hes at home.Its really dumb.

i still stand by my sarada comment , i dont want her to job like vegeta in all the fights

Look tbh , Im just highly frustrated by sasukes treatment since gaiden and the complete lack of scenes with sarada and sakura . Vegeta has much better scenes in that regard (im slightly salty)-"my bulma" , him traning trunks and being proud of him in the cell arc and the whole zamasu arc as a whole , him sacrificing his life for bulma and trunks , bullas birth etc . Sasuke has been made to wander offf unecessrily since gaiden , all for a shitty mission and shojoji knows more than him about kara like wtf .now his only job is to train boruto- they actually showed him training boruto two seconds after sarada says he never comes home:catslam:catslam:catslam.Hes always shown to be tsundere and caring towards bulma in every scene but sasuke .....you see why im salty

if this made any sense to you

td:lr sarada fan SS fan frustrated by lack of sasukes scenes compared to vegeta :catroll:catstabbed

30. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

France
    Catdank Faction:
    All the reasons I like Sasuke more.

• Dislike Dislike x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • List