1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Who is actually new to Naruto?

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by Kashama, Oct 22, 2005.

1. Kashama Sasori Of the Red sand

Just wondering if you First heard from Toonami, Started on the english manga and thought it was interesting, your roots pretty much.

Tags:
  2. Okeaninai nymphe of fresh-water mist

I have actually known about the anime for about a year or so.

The first time I actually sat and watched Naruto was when the sunday repeat of the 2nd episode played. After seeing the two " Kakashi's test" episodes (episode 3 and 4 i think?) I was hooked. :cool

3. BulletMonk New Member

I saw the first 4 episodes and then had an urge to see more.
    the Kakspisodes really were great!

4. ShadelessNyght Never Knows Best

As for actually watching, I've been a fan for a long time in reading the Fan Subs for Manga and watching the Anime as it is now in Japanese.

However, origin wise, I didn't know what Naruto was till I picked up a Shonen Jump one day just out of boredum and decided to read eveything in it. It was the Issue where Zabuza and Kakashi were fighting. After reading it, I knew I had to find out more about it. And then, well here I am. Also have to thank that Shonen Jump, if not for It I wouldn't have the girlfriend that I have now for the past near 2 years :smile-big

5. Jayne_Uruha New Member

well Im new to this anime, and I didnt hear about that it was in comic form until recently.

well I think that a cartoon is more avesome than a comic for real!

and you get the cool voices with the cartoon!

kakashi is all like. Naruto you better be more like sasuke and calm down a bit.

he?s such a lunkhead though.

cool and lazy but still kinda a lunkhead.:laugh

6. Astranagun ...

I got hooked like 4 years ago...

7. Chaotic Diplomat Level 2 World Dictator (whaha)

Same awnser here.

8. shingen Banned

i'm new
    seen everything up to eight awesome show

9. TsukasaElkKite Yuri Fangirl ♥

*sheepish*

I got into Naruto by reading the U.S translated manga, and I've been watching the Toonami version religiously every week, and I intend to start downloading the fansubs.

Yeah, I know I'm LAME :)

10. Maleficent ∞tp

I got hooked by reading the english manga in Shonen Jump... proceeded to download all the subbed episodes, and here I am. :tem

11. TsukasaElkKite Yuri Fangirl ♥

you DL'ed all 156 episodes?! *wowness* That must have taken up a lot of room on your hard drive.

12. RyuusaBakuryu_Gaara Ryuusa Bakuryu!

Mangas are usually better than animes in general though. There's less censoring and editing in mangas than animes.

I prefer the manga myself.

13. Twil Guest

I first found out about the series via my friend. Her and I went to Barnes and Noble one day(think 2-3 years ago), and she picked up the first volume of the manga. "I heard about this series. Its supposed to be really good", she said. Now me being me, I'm not fond of manga since I'm lazy and don't feel like reading, so I didn't pay much attention to the series then. Sure enough, she started getting into the series heavily, while I sat on the sidelines and watched. Next thing I knew, more of my friends were getting into the series, and frankly, it was the only thing they could talk about at lunch time or when they passed by one another in the halls.
    My friend got me to watch a few episodes here and there (mostly ones she thought were funny or really cool). Didn't like what I saw (probably because I had no idea what was going on). Also, I tend to tune out subtitled shows because I'm a die-hard dub fan.
    Fast forward a year or two ahead. The English cast list comes out. Its being dubbed by my favorite voice actors, so that peaked my interest enough to watch it. And wouldn't you know it, I end up liking the show.
    ..So yea, that's my backstory of how I got into the series...

14. Goongasnootch 亀好き

I got hooked through the American Shonene Jump at
    Spoiler:
    the point in which Sasuke was thought to have been killed by Haku and Naruto went Kyuubi on him

15. DeathIsComing Nobody loves me. awsome!

i read the manga during the summer. i was hooked when i got to zabuza and haku becuase i've seen so many naruto AMVs that contained the battle between those two and Naruto. i'm currently watching episode 90-something but i'm watching the episodes that they're airing over in japan.

16. Giant Enemy Crab Gamer for Life

same here and after that I continued reading American Shonnen Jump for a few months untill the middle of the summer and I was bored, sitting at the family computer then I decided to type in Naruto on google and found a site called Naruto Chuusin wich let me read to where Japan was, and about six months later, I stumbeled across Narutofan and the rest is history!

17. IveGotCandy IGC in Black&White

Well, for me it was about 1 year ago, my old friend had me do drawings for his book he was writing and I got naruto DVD's as payment (25 episodes per CD! :O) and that's how it happened, nyah!

18. blazingshadow True Wind Rune

i was hooked to naruto ever since last december when i was first introduced to bittorrent. now i have all the subs and the manga and i'm getting impatient for more.

19. RayAllen Shooting Guard

I'm pretty much new to Naruto, I heard about it before it came to toonami but never read or watched any episode; but when it came to toonami I decided to give it a chance and since then I have been hooked :smile-big

20. Naoko Tasaki Member

::raises hand:: Me too! I started reading when Naruto was teaching Konohamaru Sexy no Jutsu.

21. kataimiko 忘れるものか この一分一秒を

I've been a fan for awhile now. My brother insisted that I watch the fan-subs before the series got licensed in the US. That way I would be more of a hard core fan? :blink

22. Lexiefaye I'm done. Your move.

New but now informed

I am fairly new to anime in general. My roommate got me into Teen Titans last year and from there I progressed to Spirited Away and Princess Mononoke. I only watched Naruto cuz it was advertized on Cartoon Network during Teen Titans and I was curious. It was the 1st episode they showed 8 weeks ago. Since then I really got into it. Found the Manga at and downloaded the anime at dattebayo. Now I am up to date and waiting for Manga after 280 and anime after 156 just like everyone else!!!

23. ez Jesus Christ

I've known about Naruto for about a year know, but I never really decided to check it out. When I heard toonami was going to premire it, I was surprised and sort of excited. After seeing the first episode and the hilarious sexy no jutsu techniques, I fell in love with the show immediatly.
    I decided I had to watch the entire series as fast as possible since I didn't like the idea of waiting for toonami to premier one episode per week. So here I am now, just recently caught up with the manga and I've been up to date with the episodes for about three weeks now. However, I still like watching the englished dubbed episodes and I want to get the english version of the manga. So to speak, I've been hooked since the very first episode :cool

24. Atomix Nyoro~n

ME! lol i kept hearin about it for a year and just said,meh, then i saw it on toonami and i wa instantly hooked

25. Archssor ~ Carpe Diem ~

I got hooked around 4 years ago. XD

26. Sasori-Bot Gay for Sasori.

i'm like totally the expert on naruto, but i am new to this forum.:sad

27. X_Kakashi_X Member

I first saw from toonami.. Im trying to go through all the mangas now.. :oh

28. Etona Your average demon gal

I started watching Naruto when my friend introduced it to me about 3 years ago, I then watched it pretty much constantly until i caught up and downloaded the rest myself.

29. Megaharrison Eternal President of the Cafe Retired Staff

I was introduced due to constant nagging of "ZOMG THIS SERIES IS SO GOOD" on one of the forums I go to. So in late July 2004 I bought and read Viz volumes 1-4 then read the rest online.

30. Spunkey Crackhead

I heard about it from a firned like 2 years ago, got all the eps DLd now plus all bleach eps, and it's taking up over half my hard drive, like 35 GB