1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

WHo is doing Hinata's DUB voice?

Discussion in 'Naruto Dub Discussion' started by zferolie, Nov 16, 2005.

1. zferolie

SHe's my favorite charecter in the series. So far she only had 2 lines, and that was in the second episode. I haven't seen it recently, so I really can't rember how she sounded :( All I can remeber is that she sounded right for Hinata.

Can someone tell me the voice actress for her.

Tags:
  2. BushidoPunk

is the American voice actress of Hinata. And is the Japanese voice actress of Hinata, who is also a J-POP singer in japan.

3. zferolie

Hmm, Haven't seen anything else she was in, except Rave master, but I only saw a few episodes of that.

Also seen Zatch bell, but I never watch it.

4. BushidoPunk

I've never heard Stephanie's voice in any other anime. Probably because I don't listen to a whole lot of dub anime. Though I'm sure Stephanie will be a good pick for Hinata :cool

5. JAPPO

My thoughts too. I don't watch any dub except for Dragonball Z. Japanese one is alittle to.. I dunno the voices sound like little kids and like girls.

6. TheVileOne

She is a good pick for Hinata, that is what little we've heard of her :) .

7. BushidoPunk

I think the nay-sayers of the dub are over-reacting a tad. I think we're fortunate to have some good voice actors and voice actresses who are putting force a good amount of effort in a popular anime series.

8. Danielle inactive

Hinata's VA is Stephane Sheh. We only got to hear her say that 1 line from ep 1 and and 1 on ep 3. I can't wait to hear more. Sheh is a pretty good actor.:)

9. farendofme

to be honest, i know stephanie sheh. she translated the digimon manga, and lots of other manga-and she is the cousin of my best friend.

she's such a good actor~and she does have a private anime that hasn't been released yet :smile-big
    i have never met her, but i do know her in general.
    she is a good voice actor, because she voices in her own anime, "I wanna be an angel" <--:)

10. strosek

Hmm looks like I am going to have to google that girl and see whats up

11. kakashi1234

Stephanie Sheh is a good pick for Hinata.

12. Hana

Its says that Stephanie Shen is the voice actress for Shion on Zatch Bell.....isn't that the really annoying girl with the fruit???

13. Ikke AshLEE

Stephanie Sheh is also in the IGPX dub. She plays Takeshi's sister Yuri and Bella Demarco of Team Skylark, who hasn't really spoken that much yet but probably will when ep. 08 comes around.

14. kakashi1234

I havent really watched that show so i dont know if its any good.But I didnt know she played on IgpX.

15. Terumaru

Well the only thing that bothers me is.. Naruto is a really really good series, and I have high expectations for the voice actors. You don't just cast voices to a character that doesn't sound like them. It doesn't even have to sound like the voices.

The voice is the personality to me.. it's like Disney movies. They always have good voice actors right? That's because they're professional actors. If we had summore of those kinds of personalities ( I know we won't) Some people that can really get into the character and actually do some homework on them, I'd definitely give them more credit then they deserve now.

16. kakashi1234

If they did get some actors from the disney movies they would get some good voices cause every disney movie ive seen has like the perfect voice that person in that movie.

17. Ikke AshLEE

Eh, but I'm pretty satisfied with the Naruto dub voices, for the most part. Took a bit to get used to Naruto's and even longer to Sakura's, but they don't bother me that much anymore.

My mistake. Ms. Sheh's character Bella isn't on Team Skylark but Edgelead or something like that. If I'm not mistaken, you should be able to hear her as Bella next week. Interesting, though, how Hinata and Bella seem to be total opposites. Imagine, dub Hinata is in another life, heh. ^.^;;

18. TheVileOne

Naruto hasn't been doing this. So far all the English voices have fit the characters and their personalities perfectly. They also sound similar to the Japanese voices as well.

Wrong. They are MOVIE STARS. Just so you know voice actors for cartoons ARE professionals. They've had just as much training if not more than movie stars. They most likely grew up as actors, studied acting and voice, as well as majored in theatre inc ollege.

I've found that PROFESSIONAL va's do a better job than the movie stars.

The recent animated Sinbad movie featuring Brad Pitt and Catherine Zeta Jones had a cast of nothing but movie stars for all the voices, and it bombed. The movie was garbage and the movie stars didn't fit their roles at all. Over half of the appeal of people like Brad Pitt and Jones are their looks. People aren't going to pay just to hear their voices, they are NOT that remarkable.

Take SpongeBob. THAT'S a great series. Most of the actors for that show are not movie stars, but they still do a fantastic job. The movie used the same VA's but they also had some celebrity voice actors for the supporting characters. People like Scarlett Johannsen, the characters they voiced in the SpongeBob movie SUCKED, the real cake were SpongeBob voiced by Tom Kenny and Patrick.

19. Illidin

Those vioces do not fit the characters perfectly, nice opinion though :wink. If the voices were so similar I don't think the dub would get as much hate as it does....regardless of being in English or not (giving dub haters benifit of the doubt of course).Take a step back, clean out those ears, throw the original on, up the volume, don't focus on subtitles and pay attention :thumbs. :beer

20. Blackvoice

i hope it's someone sexy in a shy kinda way cause that's what makes hinata.

i hope they do not go for some wacky southern accent

21. Ikke AshLEE

I agree. Movie stars and voice actors, though both are actors, are in different fields of the trade. Movie stars have the benefit of actually being in the films themselves, so they can use gestures, facial expressions, movements, etc. to convey their character's personalities. VAs don't have this opportunity, so they have to concentrate more on conveying personality through their voices. They know how to stretch and contort their voices for the job, while celebs are less able to really fit their character's mold. A lot of times when a celeb voices a cartoon character the character has exactly the same voice as its movie star VA, which kind of bugs me. >.<* That's why I think voice actors generally do better than celebs in animated features. Note I say "generally," because heck, I can't think of anyone who could do Kuzco in The Emperor's New Groove better than David Spade.

22. TheVileOne

What hate? Last time I checked the English dub was getting overwhelmingly positive feedback.

Check the polls again sucka.

23. Illidin

Hmmmm, well if you're such a pathetic fanboy that you can't see the majority of people don't like or down right hate the dub I really feel bad for you.The most recent poll I found was the "Epis 13 disc thread" one and if that's the one you are talking about, a whopping 38 people liked it(:sclap wow)and 4 didn't, how many people are on these boards again and like NARUTO? well this means either this anime is virtually unheard of or nobody else cares enough to waste their time with it,right?:huh. :sasufire :thumbs

Last edited: Nov 30, 2005
  24. TheVileOne

Hey the majority of the people here that are talking about it like so you can continue to be your little hater self and be in denial about it.

And last time I checked this series is getting MILLIONS of viewers on a weekly basis. Its one of the highest rated shows on Cartoon Network. So obviously, SOME people like it.

25. Illidin

I'm in denial? about what?:huh I never said everybody completely detests the dub and it gets 0 viewers....you're the one hiding behind a small number of long time and new fans, and those "MILLIONS" (as you put it) of people who drag in those ratings every week, hate to break it to you but most of them have never seen the series in it's original form let alone even knew of it's existince. It's only obvious they would watch what has the easiest access since most not all but most CN viewers are children,incase you were informed otherwise.:kislide :sweat

As I said since most of the ratings come in from kids who have NEVER seen the original it kinda makes using "ratings" tough in determining how good the dub is seeing as these poor souls have no means of compare and contrast the dub is all they have :crying. Would you love dubpiece if it had spectacular ratings??? I didn't think so. Nice try though :amuse.

It would appear you are the one in denial.

26. CrazyMoronX

Roseanne Barr is doing the voice for Hinata.

Beleive it!

27. kakashi1234

I never heard of Roseanne Barr but ive heard her on i think the second episode of naruto and she sounded just right for hinata.

28. TheVileOne

So? That's not anything to scoff at either. And it just speaks more highly of Naruto's universal appeal.

Its drawing in significant amount of viewers of youths in their teens and 20's. These people know who Naruto are. They are the ones who cosplay at the conventions and watch the Japanese versions.

So what if the dub is all they have? If its getting new viewers and more fans that's a good thing. And it might spur them to watch the Japanese versions, read the manga, and everything else.

29. Ikke AshLEE

30. Illidin

Don't see what that has to do with this but,LOL, are they in some way better than new fans because they coseplay? I agree that Naruto does have mass universal appeal.:amuse

The point of that wasn't to say that anyone who watches the dub is in any way less of a fan or whatever nor was it a smack on the dub or dubs in general, now that thats out of the way, point was that (since you brought them up) you can't judge a dub by ratings coming from people who can't cry about voices or proper pronunciation etc..etc..since the dub is all they know, of course it will be well recieved since the people watching it have no prior knowledge of how things are in the original giving them no viable reason to dislike it, unless they hate ninjas :p.

Ratings from a channel which caters primarily to a younger audience makes for a weak crutch. Sorry if that wasn't understood from my previous post.:ninja

On topic. Roseanne Barr as Hinata :S I think I just heard baby jesus cry :laugh.