1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Who is Naruto about?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki Archives' started by Stealth Tomato, Apr 28, 2005.

Who is the focus character of [i]Naruto[/i]?

1. Naruto

146 vote(s)
    80.7%
  2. Itachi

2 vote(s)
    1.1%
  3. Sasuke

27 vote(s)
    14.9%
  4. Other (Please specify in reply)

6 vote(s)
    3.3%
  1. Stealth Tomato It has big taste.

Whose story is Naruto? It is not necessarily Naruto's.
    What do you think?

The story of Itachi, his descent into darkness and possibly his eventual redemption?
    The story of Sasuke, same concept?
    The story of Naruto, his progression from delinquency to prestige?
    Or is it someone else's story?

And don't just vote Naruto because the manga bears his name. You need a better reason than that!

Tags:
  2. Xan Once in a Decade Genius

its all about NEJI !!

3. michnaruto New Member

naruto---- DUH! i mean sasuke and itachi may have big parts in the story and support the story greatly, but in the end, its rearing toward narutos life and his to be success..

4. hjkou Well-Known Member

Must I repeat myself!?

PS: I want negative rep.

5. firesoferebus666 New Member

I think it's mainly about Naruto. After all, Sasukes not always involved in the story
    Spoiler:
    Like when he leaves..
    and Itachi is not there like 4/5 of the time...

6. Arcanis Sticky Fingers

Actually we don't know much about Naruto's past and story as much as we do about Sasuke's. He has had the most flashbacks in the series and is one of the most developed characters (along side Gaara)....also, almost every arc is centered around him.

I would say it's 60% Sasuke and 40% Naruto. XD

7. Marsala The Ice-Cream Man Cometh

Naruto is the main character, but Sasuke is the central character. The Big Bads of the series, Orochimaru and Itachi, have closer ties to Sasuke than Naruto. Sasuke has driven the plot since his appearance, while Naruto's significance as the container of the Kyuubi stayed in the background for the first 140 chapters. And when someone finally comes after Naruto, it turns out to be Sasuke's brother. Sasuke is the center of the Naruto universe.

But the story is still Naruto's. He is the one who has changed so many lives. One of my favorite moments in Naruto happened in Volume 4, after Gaara and Sasuke exchange names. Naruto shouts out, "Hey, don't you want to know my name?!" Gaara replies:

"Sorry, not interested."

And yet, two hundred chapters later, Naruto has become Gaara's personal hero and role model, while he has forgotten about Uchiha Sasuke, the one he was so obsessed with.

As Chouji said, "[Naruto] is the type who could never be the main character of a story," but nevertheless the story belongs to him and not to Sasuke, the more traditional hero-type.

8. Franckie Shinigami Chop

I've read all the manga chapters & I still don't know. lol

9. Bas Kurosaki Ichigo!

The story is about Naruto, come on, everything goes about Naruto and the youma's. Sasuke and Itachi's story's are also important for the story, but Naruto is no doubt where everything keeps going about.

10. The Sandwich Prince Rasta Mon!

I think Kishimoto just had issues in the beginning.. or this could end up being a three part series where the final act showcases Sakura, but I'm sure we'd stop reading it by then. Although.. if Sakura turns out like Tsunade + Kabuto it'd be hot to see her fight.

11. Maldoror PowderedToastMan!!!

Wow i came in here thinking, "what is this guy thinking? Must be another sasuke fanboy or something." and then my ignorance was slapped outa me. Many of u bring up some very good reasons for ur beliefs.

The only arguement i can think of is that, even though much of hte past seems to be centered around sasuke and the main badies all point to him etc, sasuke is the char that needs to find himself, while naruto is the char on the journy. Naruto knows what he is, but we are on his journey with him and those who stand with him. Like those of u who may have read the Wheel of Time series. Those that are powerful and important enough will change their surroundings uncontiosly with them. If this was the WoT Naruto would be Rand, while sasuke would be Matt. (attitude wise sasuke would be rand and naruto matt but anyway).

Sorry a bit off topic there, what i meant was, as the main char, he brings us through his journey. The only way we can get a feel of the choices he must make to being Hokage is if we get a feel of all the chars. We must understand them and grow fond of them so that we can understand the idea of a hokage, and that is to love every1 of his people and do anything for them. The show i believe shows others story to show us how naruto fights for others no matter what and that he really cares. Therefor i can sorta argue that Naruto is the emphasis being that without him the show would be a total slaughter, and constant deaths and evils lol.

12. malafede Member

This is not true. It's 60% Sasuke/40% Naruto only if you refer to the last arc. If you count the overall story, it progresses through Naruto, his bonds with people, his learned lessons, and so on. The starting episodes were about Naruto, then Naruto meets his teammates, then we have the Zabuza/Haku arc, where Naruto is definitely the one relating to Haku and later, once the idea of an "important person" sinks in, yelling at Zabuza and making him snap. In the first phase of the tournament the spotlight is evenly split, but soon enough it becomes once again about Naruto and his confrontations with others (Gaara, Neji) and the way it 1) changes their life 2) changes his life and 3) allows the author to illustrate his point and the story to progress. Tsunade arc also goes the same way.

Then there's the Sasuke arc, which obviously focuses on Sasuke, given that this is his big choice and I like that his motives got properly illustrated. But the reason why Sasuke gets so much attention is because he's Naruto's main foil, not the other way round.

Last edited: Apr 28, 2005
  13. Chiru Naruto Forums Elitist

And even during the "Sasuke" arc...we hardly saw him. Naruto had more screen time during the "Sasuke" arc than Sasuke himself did...

14. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Naruto is about Naruto.

Who changed Iruka? Naruto
    Who changed Irani? Naruto
    Who changed Tsunade? Naruto
    Who helped the Genin pass the first test with his speech? Naruto
    Who made Hinata believe in herself? Naruto
    Who changed Neji? Naruto
    Who changed Gaara? Naruto
    Who proved that he is strong when people said he wasnt?
    Who proved they wasnt the weakest Rookie? Naruto
    Who is Sasuke's best friend? Naruto
    Who changed many other people? Naruto

Who is this clearly about again? Definately not Sasuke. Its about Naruto and thats the way it will stay.

15. Demon Fox New Member

*Looks at the title of the story which says "NARUTO"*

Naruto is about Naruto...

16. Mu Dada It's pointless

It's all about the fourth! =O

17. Hoshigaki Kisame00 Fear My Samehada

18. Asmodeus Hiding in plain sight

I don't think Naruto has a central main character. Obviously, when Kishimoto started it and there were only 4 central characters, Naruto was the main character (hence the manga name), but as time has gone on, the story has developed beyond that. I believe that the story of Naruto, while it may involve a plethora of characters, tons of action, and a huge spinning story, is about an idea. The idea that people need each other,and without that, without people in our lives we have nothing. The central feel of the story just seems to match that.

19. Manji Yoshimitsu Exorcist

Its defenitly Naruto, just look at the list Kyuubi Naruto stated (rep for you).

The only reason Sasuke has had so much attention is 1) Naruto has wanted to "catch up" in terms of shinobi's qaulity, and 2) Sasuke had to be changed into a "good-character-turned-evil" character, and I think Kishi did a great job on that.

20. omnislasher_VII Walk Naruto, WALK!

You're an idiot.

Why the hell would they call it Naruto if it isn't about Naruto?

That's like having a show called "The Adventures of Bob" that's about a frog named Benny.

21. ?Rubber Band? kyuubi noobie

Naruto is everyone. How each character has their strength and weakness and how they deal with different things in different situaitions. Everyone can be a part of something that happens in life!

22. Rinali your retarded little brother

Naruto...like DUHH

23. 9th On The Phone

Right now its just a warm up for all the SasuIta lovers out there, the spin off i coming...and its called, "Mama I'm Coming home-desu!"

But right now Naruto is about Naruto

24. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Its about how Naruto goes from wanting attention and being acknowledged to making friends and liking girls and dealing with the monster in him.Its about how he grows up being best friends with someone who himself is very tormented and how he loses that best friend but still has the "Never Say Die attitude".Still having the hopes of once again being re-united with his best friend who has wandered onto the dark side and his hopes of bringing him back to the light.
    The Prime Focus is on Naruto how could the story be about anyone else.
    The main character is Naruto with Sasuke being the 2nd most important in the series.
    Itachi would come somewhere around 25th =\

25. Stealth Tomato It has big taste.

*SMACK*

YOU FAIL!!!!!

Seriously, you just did exactly what I told you not do to. I shall assume you are simply being a jackass.

26. SleepingDisaster I fight for what I believe in

I think the manga and anime title is still naruto
    if it is about sasuke then the title changed into sasuke, and so for another

27. gldneyes6 New Member

I can't resist playing devil's advocate.
    the story is actually about yondaime and his sacrafice, but it'll end up being told through naruto's life and how he learns about it.

shoot, no it's about naruto.

28. minou le nou

are u serious the story is overall about NARUTO deal with it.. also if u gona do a poll atleast make more ppl like hokage kakashi orichimaru jiraya and so on just dont concentrate on those three....and why is itachi in it for i like the him and shyt but hes an correlated to sasuke..

29. Jyuuken 木丿葉 忍者 - はたけ かかし

Hey kid... he gave u the best and most obvious reason already...

30. Kepa spinningkickinyourface-jutsu

well so far the story seemed to have revolved more around sasuke and his relationship with Itachi