1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice
  4. img
    Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest 6!
    Deadline for entries: September 08th at 1600 EST.
    Dismiss Notice

Who is stronger; Sannin, Kage, or Akatsuki?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by So_Smart_s0_Dumb, Oct 15, 2006.

Who is stronger?

1. Akatsuki

52.5%
  2. Sannin

27.9%
  3. Kage

11.5%
  4. 5 syllables for you: O-ro-chi-ma-ru

8.2%
  1. Which is stronger?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2006
    Tags:
  2. Janglemouse

cant really tell. Because Oro is Sannin, Jiraiya may be part of Akatsuki (possibly as Tobi) Oro was also once Akatsuki. And Tsunade = Sannin and Kage.

I think they are possibly all equal to each other with just subtle differences

3. Shishi-O

i think for the sake of the stiry that akatsuki are definately stronger, well than the norm, the sanin are off the heazy, and i'm not impressed with kage level.

4. RasenganUltimate

I think the Sannin and kage would be just as strong as the Akatsuki. Then again, the Akatsuki might be a bit stronger.

5. cbent22

idk i think they are all pretty much equal, bc when you look at it Tsunade is Hokage and she is a Sannin but then if you make each member of Akatsuki higher than Hokage level they would be to uber so idk i would say they are all even give or take a few members of Ak

6. Spanish Hoffkage

Again the same stuff. Responding literraly the strongest could be Oro, a sannin, ex-akatsuki and almost Hokage.

7. Trebor

This is a worthless poll, since the titles mean nothing and a lot of the people have held more than one of those titles at one point in their life.

End of story. Stop replying. This is a worthless thread. Go away.

8. B

9. TheoDerek

It depends on which Sannin/Kage/Akatsuki member you are talking about.

If you mean each group as a whole I would say Akatsuki.

Sannin(3 nins), Kages(Only 5 exist at one time), Akatsuki(9 members)

10. ramseyT

well my opinion a kage because we have seen a Akatsuki taken down by a chunnin, ya that my argument

11. Velessa

Orochimaru, I mean he may fear Itachi, but when was the last time he saw him? And besides Itachi's going blind, something Oro could use to a strong advantage.

12. Genesis

A legendary sannin, Kage and an Akatsuki member are close to each other in terms of strength. Tsunade is one of the sannin and a Kage. Itachi is an Akatsuki and is stronger than Oro who is a sannin. Oro is one of the sannin and also an ex-Akatsuki.

If you mean which group of people then i would say Akatsuki since there are 9 of them and all of them so far have been shown to be around the level of Kage's.

13. NarutoPurePwnage

We've only seen 2 hidden village kages throughout the whole series! I wonder how powerful the other 3 are!

I still think Jaraiya is the ultimate ninja and he would own oro in a fight!!!

I think they are all equal, it just matters who is matched up against who.

15. Genesis

Well, the Hokage is considered the strongest amongst the Kage's so don't expect them to be stronger than Tsunade.

16. Lain

Akatsuki as a whole is stronger than anybody in the Narutoverse. Individual members of Akatsuki by themselves aren't that strong (except for the AL, who's power is completely unknown). But when you have the entire organization... shit, they coined the word "strong".
    They have an excellent spy, they can communicate with each other in a way that seems like long-distance telepathy, Kisame and Kakuza both have incredible physical strength, Itachi is a master at genjutsu tricks, Hidan can't die, Deidara can blow shit up, and the leader, I can only imagine, holds an incredible power that is yet to be revealed.

17. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Orochimaru has been all three at one time or another, though Otokage is unofficial.

18. louis

i think the Ak has the strongest members like the AL and itachi

19. dkpunk27

I hate it when people talk about kage like it's a universal measuring stick for everyones power. If you are going to go on like that then chiyo is the strongest person ever. She killed sasori who defeated the sands strongest kage. The only other people that we know defeated a kage are orochimaru and deidara and the kazekages they defeated were weaker than the one sasori defeated and I consider oro's fight with sarutobi to be a draw. So now I better see all of you people that throw kage around like it actuall proves how strong you are compared to everyone else to throw chiyo into every argument you have about who is the stronest in naruto because she clearly wins when you go by kage as a level of strength.

The only time you can use kage to rank strength is when talking about people form one village because the kage is the strongest in the village but that doesn't always work either since jiraiya was chosen to replace sarutobi and he declined so they went with a back up.

20. Hagen

They are all in the same level of skill imo.

any of them could defeat the other if the situation was right.

21. SleepingDisaster

akatsuki kill more kage than sannin or any kage

22. kal20

The other 3 Kage should still be quite powerful but it depends on their age and experience. The third Hokage was supposed to be the most powerful of the 5 grate nations Kage's and at one time could easily have killed Orochimaru but chose not to.

When we later see him fight he's become a frail old man and dispite supposidly mastering all jutsu's, he was not able to use most of them because of his age and limited chakra. Yet still he was able to defeat Orochimaru who is like half his age.

We see Garaa as the new kazekage get defeated by Deidara, but tbh he's been a kage for like 3 years so there's a massive difference in fighting experience, jutsu knowlege etc. (Chiyo baa san will confirm how important experience is).

I'm guessing that the other 3 nations kage's (depending on age and experience) can at least hold up to akasuki level and i would say that the mist village kage is probably the stronger one (look like hardcore killers come from this village).

23. kal20

I can see where your coming from when everyone using Kage (strongest ninja in the "village") as a mesuring stick as this implies that there are limits to how strong a ninja can get.

But i don't agree with you that just because Chiyo defeated Sasori that she's at Kage level. First of all it wasn't a one on one fight like what Oro had with the Third, Sakura was there for support (Chiyo couldn't have broken the pupet shield without sakura's strength). Second, Chiyo was at one time leader/creater of the Sand pupet squad and taught Sasori everything he knows, So fighting him gives her a unique advantage from all the devices and strategies. Third, they did get caught by Sasori's poison and if not for Sakura being a medical nin with the antidote they would've been killed.

So with all those advantages working for you, you don't have to be kage level to beat Sasori and Chiyo (at one time yes) is not kage level.

24. The Pink Ninja

Indivdually?

AL
    Itachi
    Oro
    Jiraiya
    Tsunade
    Prime Sarutobi
    Everyone else

25. ShinAkuma

Flag:
    Canada
    Sannin, Elite Akatsuki(re:the best in the group) and Leaf Hokages are around the same level give or take minor edges.

26. vagnard

QFT. I agree. There isn't a definitive answer to this question because the strength inside each group varies too much.

In my opinion:

Tsunade and Low Tier Akatsuki < Jiraiya, Shodai, Nidaime and Mid Tier Akatsuki < Orochimaru < Itachi < Leader, Yondaime, Sandaime Prime

27. The Fourth Hokage

unless you're referring to specific people in those positions then this is useless. None of those three are actually a level of shinobi. Now if you want to speak of all those people then just use their names and it overlaps. Tsunade is one of the Sannin and she's the Hokage. Also, Orochimaru is a Sannin and was Akatsuki.

So all of Akatsuki together are stronger than the Hokage. Dunno how it'd work against the Sannin but I think they might be able to take most of them at the same time. Itachi didn't want to fight Jiraiya with Kisame so imagine them against Itachi Jiraiya and Tsunade (depends on how strong AL is). Something to think about though.

To answer the question though, there is no power level implied in the titles alone so that's nothing to go by.

28. Woofie

As many others have said, they're all around the same level (individually).

I think Orochimaru proves this point well enough in himself. He's one of the Sannin, some would say the strongest though others would say Jiraiya was better. He was an Akatsuki member, although we know at least one other member is stronger than he is (Itachi). And he killed a Hokage and was also a candidate himself, although Yondaime Hokage was presumably stronger than him. So Orochimaru either has been or could have been a member of all three groups; and what's more, he seems to be in roughly the same place in all of them. Better than most but not all of the Kages, probably better than most but not all of Akatsuki members, and better than at least one of the Sannin, let's say equal to the other (this amounts to about the same as his position in the other groups, given the smaller sample size).

Akatsuki members can kill Kages, the Sannin can kill Kages - both of these points have been proven - but it's very likely that some Kages can kill people from both of those groups (Yondaime and Sandaime prime definitely could).

So yes, I'd say on average they're about equal. The only thing I would say is that mayyyybe Kages on average are a little weaker than the other two, just judging by the fact that three Kazekages were defeated by Akatsuki/Sannin guys... so I guess it's Hokages that are equal to the Sannin and Akatsuki, with the other Kages a bit behind (though not too much, I don't believe the the Hokages are that much better than the rest).

29. dmaster2

Are you guys seriously telling me you think that kakuzu could beat the 3rd? Or Itachi could beat the 4th? Please no kage is the highest. Next is sannin considering how itachi ran like a girl from jiriyia well then you do have oro and how he's scared shitless of itachi. But I'm pretty sure oro could take diedera(yea I said it) he probably knows how to beat hidan. I have no proof of that, but since he wants to be immortal I'm guessing he would've been trying to figure that out.

30. koike88

Hard to say, I really doubt Deidara is stronger than Tsunade ?r Gaara.
    But then again, I know for sure Sasori would kick the hell out of Tsunade if he were still alive.

Kisame wouldn't last 3seconds against Gaara or Tsunade, so it's really hard to tell.
    And not every Kage is th?t strong, if you look at Gaara's father, he was taken down easily at least so it seemed.
    I think they are all at a same level, although some would have advantages over another, due to their tactis or jutsu's.