1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Who Is The Akatsuki Leader? Post Your Opinion!

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by Evol, Mar 31, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Evol New Member

Here is your one-stop thread for discussion and speculation about the Akatsuki Leader. If you have a new theory feel free to post it in a separate thread; otherwise post in here.

Point 1: The leader is transparent, like a GHOST
    Point 2: Spikey hair
    Point 3: Mention of Hades (used as name of underworld, but also name of the god of death)
    Point 4: Teleportation like jutsu (summoned other members, though they may not have been completely physically there)

See what I'm getting at? The leader of Akatsuki could be Yondaime. I really don't like the idea of the 4th, who has always only been presented as a hero being maybe the main villian, but what a twist it could be. Who knows what happened when he sealed the Kyuubi in Naruto. No one knows how he did it. The death god is a jutsu he invented anyway.

Possible reasons he's evil: His soul is partly mixed with Kyuubi's, and what's going on is Kyuubi's will. It was always said that the reason for the death god jutsu used on kyuubi wasn't normal because Kyuubi was too powerful, and it's said that when the user of the justsu and the victim are swallowed together and battle for eternity, so it's possible their spirits are combines, but Naruto has part of Kyuubi in him in an attempt to contain at least most of it... something like that.

Possible objective: Be resurrected, or simply because he's evil and wants to be more powerful.

What we can maybe expect: Based on this, how may the story go? If this crazy theory is right, I could see a dramatic scene where Naruto comes face to face with his father (the whole father theory), and it's this father son relationship that helps Yondaime (whatever is left of him in spirit, or whatever) overcome the will of Kyuubi.

Um, that's about all I got right now. It's just hard to believe that Kishi would turn the 4th into the villian, in a sense, though maybe that's what he's going for: unpredictablility, surprise, etc.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Tyraelis Guess. Predict.

Well... I can see where this might be coming from. But it's close! Their hair shape matches... exactly (sorry, no reference image of yondaime). And the 4th was able to use the summoning jutsu- no reason why he shouldn't be able to summon something else now. I do wonder why he's transparent, though.

Argh! You got the jump and used part of a theory I was to use! But I didn't think Yondaime could be the leader...

3. Evol New Member

After I posted this I saw someone mention in another thread that not only does the outline of the figure resemble yondaime, but the eyes are that of the kyuubi, except for the little dot of a pupil, which is like Yondaime's.

Being transparent could represent that he's just the spirit, or in the Naruto universe they might say it's Yondi's living chakra, and mixed with part of Kyuubi's as well.

the cover of chapter 137 is a great picture of Yondi where you can easily see a very strong resemblence, in the eyes as well. If you look at most of the characters of Naruto, the shape of the eyes are usually unique (I think the biggest characteristic that makes you question Naruto's relation to Yondi), but the leader and Yondi's eyes have the same shape (using that chapter cover as a comparison)

4. eroninja New Member

good theory. it'd be sooo cool yondaime being the leader. i liked the one that the leader could be the third sharingan user too. what you think of that one??

5. Potentialflip One Last Stand

makes sense. but does that mean Yondaime was able to get out of deaths stomach or even prevent getting into the stomach?
    But like I pointed out in another thread it could be possible. I mean if it is true the reason why Orochimaru left Konoha was because he became insane after finding out he will not be appointed the title of Yondaime. Then when he joins Akatsuki he finds out the leader is Yondaime and goes What the hell? Can't you stop being stronger than me!!!!

6. Evol New Member

for the whole transparency thing, remember when the 3rd was pulling out oro's soul, it was transparent. When the 4th performed the death god, would his soul have been pulled out too?

7. Onmyou God Never Surrender...

YEah, you have a GOOD point there- maybe the Akatsuki isn't just there for wanton destruction, but the fourth's possible dream of creating a perfect ninja nation. This is alson supported by the fact that there is probably one member from each village. Brotherhood, anyone? :blink

8. weedmonkey The Joy-Gasmic

Interesting theory, but I suspect the person we see is a complete demonic presence...like someone possessed by hades...or...
    Has anyone here Seen Samurai Deeper Kyo?
    What I think is going on is THAT!
    (The Demon eyes Kyo was created by people...Initially there was a supreme champion fighter who volunteered in an expirament to have his evil fighting side of his soul be removed from his body and it be it's own physical entity(the demon eyes kyo)...The problem was that Kyo was to powerful and ran off and slaughtered thousands of people in a huge war...in order to subdue the demon the champion person used a spell that caused a huge demonic meteor to crash into the battle field where the kyo was slaughtering people left and right in the middle of a war between like 10000 people, and the kyo slaughtered all mercilessly...the meteor caused the complete distruction and (in some cases demonization) of all the warriors...ending the war instantenously...Well in the meteor fall, the kyo's spirit was somehow forced back into the champion guy and his body was frozen in a crystal soemwhere...but the purpose of it's(the kyo's) physical encarnation was for it's perfect demonic body to be sacrificed and inhabited by a god/demon of the people who created it...sort of like hades)...anyways, the champion guy has like amnesia and is a totaly pussy for most of the series and wants the kyo out of him...the kyo wants out of the guy and back into his own body...the demon/god hades type being wants the kyos body too, everyone is looking for the body...etc. I'm spoiling too much of the ended series(26episodes I believe) but to make a long story short, there are people who have been sort of demonized too, and their unqique weapons were all part of the kyo's sword...but in order to inhabit kyo's body, the entire weapons would need to be gathered and made originally into the kyo's sword to bring about the resurection of the demon lord god thing...etc. a fight insues and the series ends with the narrow defeat of the demon god lord thing and the champion guys body, but no clue as to who the soul inhabitor is...kyo or the champion guy.

ANyways I believe it's sort of like that...
    The demons in Naruto's world are nearly all powerful demon beings, but there exists a banished/exiled being even more powerful, and for the banished to be unbanished he must sacrifice these demons/consume them to physically manifest....
    I hate to do this because I loathe Yugioh, but anybody here familiar with the Egyptian God card saga and how they needed to be sacrificed...etc. Or about Exodia, the forbidden?
    Think along those lines...If this is true, realize how much more badass Atsuki is in comparrison to Orochimaru...when he left, he probly ran like a bitch with his tail inbetween his legs...scared of the organization, but worse, scared of what awaited after he was killed...I mean, who would want to make the god of the underworld angry? Especially knowing you are going to have to die sooner or later...or is that why Orochi doesn't want to die, he wants to live forever and become infinitely more powerful and do as he pleases, or in the worste case scenario, if he were to die, he could atleast put up a fight.

Last edited: Apr 1, 2005
  9. N1NJ4 WARNING WARNING

Hmmmm... interesting theory you have there! While I don't like the idea of Yondaime being a villain, wouldn't it be crazy to have the final showdown be Naruto vs. Yondaime?! AHHHHHHHHH, mind fuck! :nerve

10. Wrath Mourning

In some ways having a Naruto vs Yondaime fight would be good, even though I don't like this theory at all.

If Naruto were fighting someone who basically used exactly the same techniques as him, then it could be used to highlight the things that really make Naruto a good hero - his quick thinking, determination, ability to combine jutsus etc rather than just what he's been taught.

11. UltraSynaptic SeizureNinja Seizure Master

It better not be a Zombie Yondaime.

However, it could be alot of things: an evil Naruto, Yondaime's ghost held within a spiritual forcefield, a shadow, etc, etc. I personally think that we will all be wrong, though.

12. Skoemie Sandaime Skoemie

If it is yodaime the objective could be to destroy all youma so they can't terrorise the world any longer... but what i realy think is that the akteksuki's objective is to become a container for the youma them selfs so they would become incredibly strong or imortal or something like that... well to see the truth it is just a case too wait and wait and wait... for i don't know how long (hopfulley next chapter)

13. blacklusterseph004 ah, made you look ...

This is a cool theory and I think you may have something. I'm inclined to think that this leader's goal if he was something manifesting itself as yondaime, would be to get his old body back, ie. the kyuubi body. Perhaps just like the third was only able to deprive orochimaru of his arms, the fourth was only able to deprive the kyuubi of its body. Thus sending it into a spirit like existance with only a fraction of its power. (kinda like sauron and the ring being seperated.) A major clue that may validate this theory is the exact time that the Akatsuki started. If it was shortly after the kyuubi's defeat, then we definitely have something here.

14. Last of the Uchihas Get your own girls, Jonas!

People, yondaime is dead, so let him rest in peace. Once you use Fuujin Shiki no jutsu, you lose your soul to the death god. All the people there were transparent except for Sasori and Deidera.

That person has a solid body since all of them were in chapter 238 in the same cave physically, not in their astral forms.

15. Tyraelis Guess. Predict.

You want visual proof from the manga? I can POST the images. Geez, I'm using a collage of Yondaime and Akatsuki leader pics to emphasize this... also pointing out similarity in eye shape...

Their hair shape is nearly identical. And both sets of eyes have the same slant- if you want, I'll do an OVERLAY comparison, if you need a more direct comparison. Besides, another interesting factor is this use of high collars on cloaks/robes. If you look, Yondaime used to wear a cape that was nearly as long as the Akatsuki robes' necks. That's unique to Yondaime, or we haven't seen any other shinobi with high collars on cloaks.

And do you need a transparency comparison?

Now why would Kishi make the leader, and the leader alone, see-through (note the cracks and rock patterns visible visible through him), while the other Akatsuki members are simply faded?

16. Code Zoamelgustar

To the previos poster... the 'leader' doesn't have hair hanging down the sides of his face like yondaime...

Also 1 picture is a close up the other is far away. If you look at th every left member you can see the line from the rock behind.. the rest might just be in front of smooth rock...(though the finger behind a member...) There are also parts of the leader where rock lines hsould be but aren't if that matters at all...

Either way the leader did some jhand seals and said "assemble!" and they 'misted' into their it didn't seem like they are their pyshically.

17. Temari103 ^ Khaff ^0^

We "are" getting closer to the leader thing. He might like 10% come up in the next chapter.

18. HollowDreamer clurgy of canapotoya

if this is true about yondaime being the akatsuki boss in the end of naruto im going to kill u nah just kidding but i will be very very very mad.

19. chioduck S-Level Missing Nin

well i would hate to see yondy being the leader of akatsuki, but still he is a rather popular character, and the idea of bringing him back would be great wouldn't it?

20. Noex Member No. 4154

intressting theroy u got the and i agree that the eyes shape are identical, the hair is not 100% identical, however it can be true coz yondy created that seal jutsu so he had probaly an escape way 2 but why? he was the powerful ninja in his time and why seal the deamon in naruto. The answer to that question is simple, he just wanted the deamon to be intact when set to return to obtain it hower i dont thatnk that is the case, coz i like the Yondy char and so and if he returns like a bad guy whne he is satde has a hero that would be not so good.

21. Gyroscope the flavin and the mavin

Last edited: Apr 2, 2005
  22. Bergelmir Ultimate Doolbreaker

Bwahahahahaha! I was laughing when I saw that the leader was transparent. For you Stargate SG-1 watcher, Anubis anyone? Except no body taking.

But yeah, I could see how it could be Yondaime. Although the eyes are different, see how the leader has those Sharinganish pupils without the tomoes? The Kurenai eyes? Yondaime doesn't have that. He has the Naruto eyes- a dot(pupil) with a circle around it.

So yeah, could be or couldn't be Yondaime...I'm praying it isn't.

23. Shishou Under this eyepatch is an eye!

The leader has a circle pupil. While Yondaime has a Dot pupil.

The spikes are also more wavy on the akatsuki leader, they kinda swurve to the side. I still think it could be Uchiha Shisui :x Or perhaps it is someone's spirit, and they are trying to resurrect themselves?

Could also be Sakumo... We never saw the front of his face, so the eyes could be like that, different from Kakashi's... And we don't see the back of the leader well, so no pony tail thing is seen...

24. Jiraiya_sama Banned

my feeling is that nin is none other that the legendary nin defeated by shodaime 60years ago...
    there's something extremely shocking: the hair style of the legendary nin is the very same as sasuke's except the hair are longer, could that be a mere coincidence?

25. Jiraiya_sama Banned

I believe this could be a hint about the legendary nin being an Uchiha + the third mangekyo user + leader of Akatsuki haha
    or this is just my imagination :smile-big

26. Cava 행복!

First of all, the comparison of the hairstyle is total invalid. If you draw often, you will notice that the akatsuki leader's hair are spiked towards the back, while yondaime's hair is spiked towards the top. And yondy has REALLY long side burns.

Secondly, the eyes aren't even that clear! Comparing their eyes is ridiculous because other than the sharingan and byakugan, nothing else is clearly distinguished. Of course we haven't heard of any other "special eyes"..., but its strange to relate it to kyuubi + yondy.

Thirdly, if that person is yondy, wouldn't it make the whole story a loop? It is kind of pointless and it'll only make the story more fantasy. i believe kishimoto wanted it to stick to some of japanese ninja culture, and mix in some fantasy, such as the techniques. It'll be a super twist, but it won't be nice, and often huge huge twists set the story to failures.

Lastly, in my opinion, the akatsuki leader is someone we haven't seen before AT ALL, a totally new character.

(btw during the fight between orochimaru and sarutobi, orochimaru wanted to summon yondaime, but sarutobi stopped it, which means orochimaru knows yondaime is dead, and therefore enables him to use edo-tensei, and by that time, akatsuki was already created, so therefore it CANNOT be yondaime.)

27. Jiraiya_sama Banned

I can't agree that
    Oro thought yondaime is dead, be it could be he isn't
    there's no way to tell if the jutsu failed because sarutobi dispelled it or because yondaime is still alive (if he is that's naruto)
    this is a plot trick so you can't use it as an evidence for either way.

28. Therahedwig Parodie Nin

Well, the most important point in this thread is the see-through leader...
    which means this leader doesn't have a physical body...

Now it could be yondaime, but as said before, there are a lot of little differences in the look for yondaime...

ofcourse you could say that the kyuubi has a part of himself hidding in him, but I don't find it plausible that the kyuubi would like to release a power stronger then himself, since the power might destroy the kyuubi...

My own theory is that it is partially the yondaime, but only partially, and the other side is the evil akatsuki leader...
    I think the yondi part was seperated from the true yondaime, and that the true yondaime is inside naruto fighting the demonfox, which cost alot of power, and thus being unable to communicate with naruto...
    about the part of the evil akatsuki leader, he could be a flaw in the yondi part that seperated from the true yondaime, thus creating ebil yondi who wants to do....stuff...
    anyway, that shows the differences, because mangaka just like to make goodguys gone ebil look ebiler.
    The akatsuki leader could also be the person who made the kyuubi attack the village, and thus letting the yondaime use that jutsu, so he could secretly get that little part of yondaime, and thus become stronger(and have yondaime's jutsu).

and ofcourse it could just be some poor old power-hungry ghost...

29. Cava 행복!

i thought it was shown pretty clearly that sarutobi did drive back that particular coffin, :blink . he did a handseal, thats about it, eventhough no more was done, it was an indication plus he said something like "lucky i prevented him from using the 4th" if this is a plot trick kishimoto would be contradicting himself, wouldn't he? i don't see any way the manga will drive into yondaime = akatsuki leader, i can't picture it in my mind :sad

EDIT: btw about the transparent body, it does look like his body is flickering,etc, but since it isn't very clear, i would take it as just a shadowish image kishimoto shows, rather than drawing too many theories from it. i think many theories are too far-fetched, too hastily without seeing more of the manga.

2nd EDIT: [PROOF]

30. Jiraiya_sama Banned

I don't think yondaime is the leader of Akatsuki
    all of akatsuki members were transparent except for sasori & deidara who needed to physically enter the cave to bring gaara in, all of the other were not there "phisically"

edit
    this doesn't proove anything I told you!! this is a plot trick dammit

this isn't kishimoto talking here but sarutobi, sandaime thinks he stopped it, but maybe the real reason why it didn't work was yondaime soul not being reachable. it's impossible to know for sure

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.