1. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Santi would like to notify you guys about The Alley Banner Contest
    Dismiss Notice
  6. We invite you to join two banner contests in  New Leaf and Naruto Battledome.

Dismiss Notice

Who is the most mentally strong character?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by mikeyman75, Oct 16, 2018.

1. mikeyman75 Member

Lost literally everyone close to him, had depression and whatnot for a while but realizes life moves on and things happen. Becomes a sick laid-back person and teacher of the strongest team of all time despite going through so much

Although I think Itachi would be a top contender as well, for obvious reasons
    Also Naruto (for overcoming all the negativity/bullying), Gai/Lee (always happy/positive/fighting spirit) etc, Killer Bee

Tags:
  2. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

3. Djomla Student

Sakura for putting up with Salad every day of her life.

But srsly, Kakashi.

4. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mo-Kage, Mo-Problems

United States
    Naruto or Orochimaru

Both grew up in basically perpetual depression, didn't have parents, had to make their own way in life, and both showed signs of prowess when learning things/jutsu, and never quit.
    Orochimaru is known for keeping it cool, constantly calculating, and seeing the bigger picture.
    Naruto gets worked up and childish, but he still has very strong feelings towards his goals and doesn't quit, literally no matter what, that's mental fortitude.

5. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Kakashi put up with like 3 villains worth of tragic backstory and he didn't go postal. So him.
    Itachi was tough too. His entire life involved doing awful shit that he didn't want to do for what he believed was the greater good.

6. Baki Sand Jounin

Like Itachi said, every man has a weakness.

Kakashi cracked when he realized what Obito has become.

Naruto often succumbed to rage, and relied on his one-track mind rather than logic for mental fortitude (a trait shared by many "tough" characters like Gai, Bee, and Hashirama).

Even Itachi had a weakness in Sasuke, which could have ended up being his ultimate mistake if Naruto hadn't put a stop to it.

My pick would be Tobirama, dude never lost his cool and remained an unwavering strategist till the very end and beyond.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  7. Bookworm Well-Known Member

Hidan or Hanzo. Hidan can take any physical pain like it's nothing and Hanzo can break Edo Tensei through will alone.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018
  8. Fusion Well Known-Member

If not then Kakashi

9. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    Hatake Kakashi

10. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

Kakashi. Remember. This guy also got tsukiyomid and was still somewhat standing from it.

Sasuke bitched out immediately and he didnt even get stabbed! he watched someone else get stabbed and knocked out.

Not to mention how many times kakashis bedridden yet still gets up like "Weeeeelp, time for the daily grind" for his day job as the villains wake up and go "Weeeeeeeelp, time to grind kakashis bones".

Dude keeps being put through the ringer.

Cmon now.

11. Dattebayo-chan License to Fangirl

Sweden
    I agree on Itachi. Regardless of if you agree with his actions or not, killing your clan to prevent a civil war and then joining a criminal organisation to spy on them takes a lot of mental strength.

Gai is also a good candidate. No matter what happened to him, I can’t remember him ever losing his positive outlook on life.

Lastly, a shoutout to Naruto. After alll that he went trough, he’s still full of determination and hope. i also think the fact that he refrained from killing Pain\Nagato was a sign of great mental strength.

12. Rifulofthewest Active Member

For not conformong to the pitiful standards of his world and becoming a happy-go-lucky killer, my vote goes to Haku

For outright forcefulness, it's gotta be Kimimaro who used his willpower to live beyond biological death. Haven't even heard of that level of willpower from mothers

14. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

Lee is a stronger contender too though now that I think about it. Him standing up after Gaara crushed his arm, leg, and spine as well as rendering him unconcious was pretty insane.

Also Gaara for not sleeping for years. That takes inhuman levels of mental fortitude.

15. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

United States
    1. Kakashi
    2. Itachi
    3. Naruto
    4. Rock Lee
    5. Shisui

16. NanadaimhokageNU Member

Got rejected by Tsunade over and over, couldn't bring Orochimaru back and so on but still the dude never went into depression. Heck he still went on to do his duty as a shinobi even till the last breath and died with a smile.
    Other than him, I think Tobirama is good like @Baki said.

:cat

17. King Ramirez Well-Known Member

Kakashi his whole life was far worse then any of the characters with the so called sob stories....dude lost his mom and then as a kid his dad a legend was ridiculed as pathetic until he commited suicide...and left kakashi all alone as the son of a failure....then he spent all this time alone amongst the same people who caused his fathers death the pathetic people who forgot all of his fathers great deeds in one moment and forced his suicide...later the only people close to his heart were taken from him....he saw his best friend crushed saving him....leaving him with one dying wish save rin....and ofcourse cruel fucking fate wasnt done with irony...as he killed her with his own hand...ripping her heart out....not bad enough....the only two people left close to him who were the closest things to parents minato and kushina were killed infront of him leaving him completely alone............i mean how is it even a contest the mans life has been misery far worse then any of the villains and anti heroes who turned into emos or went retarded....[sasuke,nagato,madara etc]and yet doesn't bitch or breakdown he keeps getting backup.

20. New Dawn Member

-Ashura incarnates (Hashi/Naruto)
    -Kakashi
    -Kisame
    -Hidan
    -Gai
    -Killer Bee

21. Buuhan ⋄ C I N D E R ⋄

Hands down Kakashi. Not going insane with all the crap he had to deal with gives him the #1 spot in my book.

22. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

Tsunade especially since she assumed her brother and lover's deaths were her fault. I think her brother died on his birthday and she couldn't heal Dan's fatal wounds which she assumed she just wasn't good enough developing a fear of blood. She overcame it though and became Hokage and then in her mind she sent Jiraiya to his death and even better against him (so that the opposite would happen) then Naruto upset himself walked in her office and stomped on her already crushed heart.

Tsunade is a boss ass bitch.

23. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

More characters should have dealt with trauma like Tsunade. Not with some generic turn to evil after a tradgedy. But with serious long-term mental health problems (depression, alcoholism, phobia) that are steadily worked through. That made it much more inspiring when Tsunade stepped up and actually became a pretty great leader. It might have been more interesting to see the alcoholism as a problem after the timeskip though. There's no such thing as a former alcoholic after all.

24. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

I agree. I don't think the you kicked my dog so your whole clan must die thing makes much sense. I mean to be honest the alcohol probably doesn't cause her many problems especially since she can heal the damage with medical ninjutsu.

25. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I doubt it would be much of a problem for her liver or circulatory system. But as far as I know, medical ninjutsu can't fix a broken brain. Alcohol is a depressant and the last thing really what she needed after Jiraiya's death. And any addiction can skew a person's judgement.

26. SakuraLover16 Hard being loved when people just see your faults

I agree but she has always been an alcoholic. Tsunade has had a pretty crappy life.

27. Topace Master Caster Of The Sabaku Warlocks

-Have to deal with killing his own mother upon birth and believing that she hated him
    -Father tried assassinate him several times during childhood
    -Was ostracize because he was a “monster”
    - Had to deal with said monster constantly trying to take over his body and the constant bloodlust
    -Has not slept for lord knows how many years
    -He died.