1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

Who is the second person to become a jounin?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Luckyday, Oct 23, 2006.

Who will become the next Jonin?

1. TenTen

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  2. Hinata

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  3. Shino

25 vote(s)
    20.0%
  4. Kiba

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  5. Shikamaru

65 vote(s)
    52.0%
  6. Choji

1 vote(s)
    0.8%
  7. Lee

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  8. Naruto

15 vote(s)
    12.0%
  9. Sai

2 vote(s)
    1.6%
  10. Sakura

7 vote(s)
    5.6%
  1. Luckyday

Tags:
  2. Viciousness

I think Shikamaru will get pretty serious after losing Asuma. He seems like he might pick up smoking too. Im placing all bets on him.

3. Glittercunt

5. Hiruma

6. Lu Bu

Shikamaru. Naruto will go from genin to Hokage.

7. Naruto_Rasengan

With the amount of manga time he is getting I'm going to have to say Shikamaru, without a doubt. Although he will have to get serious with his training to accomplish this i think it can be done. :amuse

My only reason for not choosing Naruto is becasue he will go from Genin to Hokage, something to do with the Chuunin exam foreshadowing.

8. sheshyo

I believe Lee is the closest strength wise. Sai and Naruto under normal circumstances would already have been promoted Jounin. Actually I don't even think we've been told Sai's actual level yet, have we?

9. TenshiOni

With recent developments, Shikamaru might very well be in the running.

Aside from him, I'd say Shino and Lee are close.

10. louis

11. Ghost05

I believe Shikamaru will. Originially he would rather stay as chuunin because it would be too troublesome to be a jonin. However, since Asuma was killed, it might give him the motivation to become a jonin.

12. Seelas

In terms of who the manga has been focusing on, I'd definitely say Shikamaru, but I don't really want to see that happen just yet. Strength-wise, Shikamaru hasn't really improved all that much since the timeskip. He's still incredibly smart, but those planning and leadership qualities serve him well as a chuunin.

To be honest I'd have to say Shino. While we haven't seen him in action recently, he definitely distinguished himself as one of the most powerful genin of part 1. He was able to defeat Kankuoro, who is now a jounin, during the Konoha invasion arc. So he can't be too far behind. He's never lost a fight, has always kept his composure, is clearly an intelligent strategist and keeps careful notice of his surroundings, and has an extremely powerful ability.

13. Gai-Sifu

14. Lu Bu

He's actually improved a ton strength wise since the timeskip. Dragging an Akatsuki member by force and using shadow needles to bind him was no easy feat. Nevermind using the shadow neck bind to keep Hidan from killing Asuma the first time. He can get a lot stronger(and likely will now), but he is far from the weak guy some portray him as.

I could see Shino making jounin too, but it's really hard to imagine Kishimoto promoting a character to jounin that he has barely paid any attention to. What would be the point?

BTW, Shino didn't defeat Kankuro. He would have died if it wasn't for his father. You can't call that a win. At best it was a draw.

15. 9TalesOfDestruction

I'd say it's between naruto, sakura, and shikamaru at this point.

just because they've all proven themselves against the akatsuki. Shikamaru was the only reason team asuma lasted that long against hidan and kakuzu, and would have defeated them if it was just hidan.

16. Lithe-Fider

Shino, cause if he was that powerful and badass in the chunin exams he must be crazy now. XD (but I'm biased. X3 ). His fight with Kankuro was a draw technically, but if he had not inhaled a little of his posin it would have not been a draw, also if his kikaichu had learned how to remove posins (as his fathers can do) he would have not been in trouble (he most likely had since learned this skill in the timeskip) But yea...he is like one of the least important characters storywise...so saddly he may just quietly become a Jounin under our noses and we find out later on way after the fact.

Neji already made it there during the timeskip (well, he's got his macarena no jutsu so that just pwned everyone and he just went straight to Jounin. :p hehee! ). I remember Neji's face when he X-rayed Shino in the chunin exams, priceless. *remembers fondly*

Shikamaru is my second choice though, going along with the development in the manga (him being highlighted and being Asuma's successor).

17. Mider T

Flag:
    United States

Sakura or Shikamaru, I would say Naruto but something always interferres with his promotion. Always.

18. RasenganUltimate

I would say Shikamaru because Asuma's death will certainly make him far more mature and wiser than before. He will make better decisions and have a wider perspective of things.

19. Soljah

naruto, shino , shikamaru should be up for prolly shikamaru gettin the nod for jounin tho.

20. RasenganUltimate

Lol, Naruto is still a Genin. He should be up for Chunnin. :p

21. senkei33

22. Soljah

Genin yes but jounin skill check. I could see him gettin a huge jump just for him i don't think they'd do another chunin exam battle arc for him but ??? u never know.

23. RasenganUltimate

Well, if you talking skill wise. Naruto's skill is compared to Jounins after the timeskip. But he is still technically a "Genin." A darn strong one.

24. Payapaya

I would say Shino. The only problem really is we haven?t seen much of Shino. Actually when was the last time we saw Shino... :notrust

I will have to agree with you on that point. Though just because it is not important does not mean it can not be done.

Shikamaru is another likely candidate. Because face it he has the brains, talent and pretty much the skills and strength. I would be shocked if he did not reach the ranking of Jounin. He just might or might not be, but I can rest easy if I do put my money on him. :laugh

25. delirium

Technically a Genin, yes, but plot-wise, there's just no room for another Chuunin exam. So he's obviously either going to get some special promotion to Chuunin (similar to Shika) or he'll do a huge jump from either Jounin to Hokage.

26. rorykage

i don't think i need to say why shikamaru will be promoted.

27. Krzr

I'm yet to see Lee in part 2 do much but with his effort and near 3 years with Gai he's gotta be amazing. On the other hand, Sakura is a really impressive shinobi. I mean with that super human strength and such, plus one of the Sand's own version of a Sannin complimented her and said she will easily pass Tsunade. Chiyo (i think that's the hags name) in the first place thought of Tsunade as a powerful shinobi beyond her talents. So i say Sakura only because i havent seen what Kiba,Shino,Ino,Chouji, and (to the full extent) Lee can do.
    Shikamaru of course as everyone is saying prolly deserves jounin. I think many of em will become jounin at the same time.

28. Rellik

I really don't think shikamaru, he's not that much better than he was pretimeskip. While Sakura has already out medic ninja'ed all of the sand and has learned Tsudane's ability (which seems to be unmatched in the narutoverse, even by akatsuki) of super strength.

29. Reznor Administrator

Shikamara. He was the first chuunin of the lot as he's still ahead of all the 12 (except Neji) rankwise.
    And the Asuma thing will push him.

Next up is Shino, Lee or Sakura - depending on the nature of the Jounin exam. Remember, the chuunin exam wasn't all "OMGPOWAH!" as the criteria. I'd imagine this would be less so. Thus, I'd boot Lee from the running.

30. randomkookie

I'm guessing Shika. Yah he's lazy, but Asuma may prove to be good motivation, even in death..