1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

[Complaint] Who the fuck is staff?

Discussion in 'Questions & Complaints' started by jayjay³², Nov 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jayjay³² Drug Addict

I have friends who are (laughably) trying to be on their best behavior, stand out, and perhaps pick up a promotion to modship on this dying forum.

Why would they do this?

Because they see awful staff members being demoted, retired, or straight up deleted.

And those awful staff can no longer campaign against their promotion! As you can see, it is an opportunity for them to join and perhaps improve your team.

Then...then those same staff members, who should be retired, randomly get repromoted like nothing happened and crush the hopes of your prospective talents.

Please be transparent about staff ranks and what exactly they mean so posters know whether they have a better chance at becoming a reddit or NF mod. :)

Tags:
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Neutral Neutral x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  2. Nataly Bulletproof

So the issue is fixed. All cleared. So easy. We should not make big things out of tiny issues. :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  3. Ultimate Deathsaurer <b>Nightmare of Zi</b>

Tbh the staff needs to do some serious soul searching before they consider promoting anyone new. Like what qualities are you really looking for in a mod, how do you handle it if they start growing unstable etc. There have been so many slip ups over the past year clearly the current system for choosing is lacking. Meanwhile I was considered a super risky controversial pick that was argued about for literal months and nothing anyone was ever afraid of ever happened. Irony.

Context my mod thread was almost 20 pages most barely make 3.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  4. jayjay³² Drug Addict

5. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Why is @Parallax suddenly an advisor? This guy literally has the worst opinions on NBA players, why the fuck would we want him throwing his 2 cents in on potential mods?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  6. Ultimate Deathsaurer <b>Nightmare of Zi</b>

It's shorter as higher posts per page but at that point most people don't make it past 1 page lol

7. Nataly Bulletproof

Imagine there is actually someone who gives a shit about Para's opinions :bookerskully

I hope he didn't get himself unbanned from the OBD convo thread :hm

8. jayjay³² Drug Addict

As it should be. Staff needs a vertical structure. Based on how they projected themselves publicly, the current admins are far more qualified than Marcelle, WW, or Khris to make decisions.

9. Ultimate Deathsaurer <b>Nightmare of Zi</b>

10. jayjay³² Drug Addict

Getting threadbanned should be an auto demote from advisor position, imho.

11. jayjay³² Drug Addict

@bontakun’s singular opinion could literally get us a better staff roster than the combined efforts of Lewis, WW, and Marcus.

12. Hachibi Subarashi OBD Helper

Maybe the real staff is the friends we've made along the way

13. jayjay³² Drug Addict

14. jayjay³² Drug Addict

>made by infamous complainer jj32
    >”All you do is complain!! -.-“

:laugh

15. jayjay³² Drug Addict

the staff being staff > jj32 complaining > staff doing other staff things down the line and repeat is prolly one of the more entertaining feedback loop on NF, especially this year :mjlol

17. Santi K D A Super Moderator

United States
    If this is in regards to White Wolf, his departure from staff was always set to be temporary and was timed.

18. Nataly Bulletproof

My bad , I was corrected he was even permabanned from the section.
    And this proves your point even more.
    This is awesome news, it finally happened
    Thank you

19. jayjay³² Drug Addict

No, it really is just about the whole practice you guys have with repromoting retirees which gives prospects a very different impression of the staff climate. Look at your repromotes: There are people who don’t like Boskov, Kitsune, WW, and people they really don’t like. Whose to say Trinity isn’t getting repromoted tomorrow? And why does a retired staff have mod powers? What else can they do, talk in the HR?

Whole thing is messy.

20. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    Wouldn't be surprised if Khal is getting her position back after the ban :hmm

21. Santi K D A Super Moderator

United States
    The revolving door has been a known issue for a while, but some measures have been added recently to reduce its prevalencey.

Prior to this week there were no cooldown periods, and being “re-added” was at the discretion of basically a single admin to go “sure”.

Now not only is there a cooldown, but anyone who wishes to rejoin the staff will need to be discussed and voted on once again the same way they were when initially joining. This allows a deeper analysis to the role they’ve had within staff and a chance to openly voice any grievances or issues with the user while they were on active staff.

I’ve never heard of anyone not liking Box; but his situation is a tad unique as due to the recent exodus there was an overwhelming shortage of S-Mods who were needed to process bans and requests, and he volunteered to fill in until he’s no longer needed.

As for the other two... I’ll go ahead and get this out of the way since it’s over with and there is no longer any confusion: due to their role and contribution in the whole Trinity/Dream fiasco, Kitsune and Wolf were placed on a suspension which expired today. Along with the changes above, there is a stricter and more defined code of conduct (seperate from forum rules) for staff members in regards to how they’re expected to behave both inside and outside the Hokage Office, with defined pubishments ranging from suspension, demotion of rank, to outright expulsion.

For future references, these staffers on suspension probably shouldn’t be badged with Retired and should just have the regular user mask. Idk. Still kinda working out the kinks here.

Well, if Trinity does want to come back (and that’s a big if); she’ll have to wait some more time and then be voted on again by the active staff per the new process. There has also recently been an attempt to de-claw retired staff. Some were allowed to have it in emergency cases (I allow Mary to act in The Alley at her discretion if I am not around), or they slipped through the cracks and the admins shrugged it off with “eh, what’s the harm”. We’re doing away with that second bit.

Retired Staff did have access to the Hokage Office up until the end of August, this has no longer been the case since September.

I hope these answer the concerns you’re having.

Last edited: Nov 15, 2018
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • List
  22. Nataly Bulletproof

23. Black Otaku Well-Known Member

@jayjay³² if your failure of a student came back and begged as if he was a dog would you give him another chance?

24. Santi K D A Super Moderator

United States
    Fyi THAT’S what it looks like when I’m actually doing PR, Alleyans
    :camby

• Funny Funny x 2
    • List
  25. Santi K D A Super Moderator

United States
    Last two I think.

26. RemChu † Interlinked †

I've been at the movies watching the new Fantastic Beasts, just got home going to order a pizza.

You are within your right to complain about staff proceedings and what not. It does not concern me whatsoever.

Kinda confused I was tagged to begin with.

• List
  27. Nataly Bulletproof

Moderately new account, but already knows what has been happening here for a year :hm

28. TriN Well-Known Member Advisor

If I came back as staff (unlikely), I'd prefer to be advisored to prove that readminning me would be "worth it" and not an unacceptable waste. No powers to put a distance from tedious tasks and PR and practicing my own conduct in there.

I actually would've thought if kicked from HR, the three would be advisored to regain trust in HR and show that they're willing to take on the tasks and earn the respect they've lost, etc, instead of digging right in. This would apply to any mod that broke the conduct in HR and it was their last straw and got booted.
    If they show they can share their opinions without breaking the conduct, they have the potential to return to their original position and be reinstated.

If their fuck up was so horrifically bad, they wouldn't be let back in HR. Or shouldn't be, rather.

29. RemChu † Interlinked †

30. Seraphoenix Stormblessed

Those are good changes but in future communicate them beforehand so we know our feedback is being taken into account.

Also these new rules of conduct are useless if Mary wasn't punished for what she did :camby

Are you trying to suck your way up to be a mod?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.