1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Who thought that all the Matrix movies didn't suck...

Discussion in 'Konoha Theatre' started by Faust, Feb 10, 2005.

1. Faust New Member

Title says it all...I thought they where great

Tags:
  2. Hajime Saitou Legendary Samurai

Me too, i loved all 3, each was great for different reasons.I own the 10 disc set that comes in the huge clear case with a neo bust.

3. XKNOWLEDGE Tha 1 Tha Only...

yeah, they were great...there should've been more moives, they can't jsut end it the way they did thou, but o'well what can you do, hollywood ruins it for all us, like how can you not finish the star wars saga also.. why do they tell us there's more story so we know of it and can't go on with the story knowing there is more.. i loved the movie but it shoudn't have been the end...

4. Hajime Saitou Legendary Samurai

well i heard matrix online will continue the story after revolutions

5. XKNOWLEDGE Tha 1 Tha Only...

Matrix Online....no wayyy :O ...wow well i gotta check that out :)

6. CrazyMoronX Old Man

Well I didn't hate it, sure the second two weren't as good as the original, but rarely does a sequel surpass the original anyway. I liked them, and I think that people criticize them way too much, but then again people criticize everything way too much. I guess I can just enjoy movies easier than most.

7. 4thokage Custom User Title

The first one was the best but the others werent bad too

8. Faust New Member

They are all equal in my mind and about the Matirx online i'm in beta and it ok but they need to polish it alot before it comes live in march

9. Mith252000 Wandering Soul

Well, the first is the best but the other 2 is not too bad. :smile-big

10. Gaara-fan >_o

I liked all of them! :smile-big

11. XKNOWLEDGE Tha 1 Tha Only...

i loved them all even the anime :D

12. cloon honk

The first one was the best no doubt, the second one was good for action scenes and the third one was good too. I'm a film buff (my ambition is to direct movies and be involved in the movie making process) and i thought that the sequals were no where near as good as the first. The first had a refreshingly indipendant and well written screenplay, the plot was great and the fighting scenes were awesome. The second looks like it was made half assed, the plot is weaker, and the fighting and action scenes are computerised.

The third had some redeeming qualities, in that the plot and script weremuch better and it had more characterisation than the second. And has anyone noticed the submiminal religeos themes in it (the way and possition and reason Neo dies, in the first when he flies of at the end he forms a cross, Neo is worshipped as a saviour like Jesus was, Cypher doing the same thing that judus did)

Don't get me wrong, i like them, i just think that the sequals could have been done better.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  13. XKNOWLEDGE Tha 1 Tha Only...

yeah but have you seen the anime and i love films too, my aspiration is to make a movie and direct it too

14. JustinCredible New Member

Well I'll have to buck the trend and disagree.

First one was pretty good, the second was good action faire but in terms of being balanced with the third... nope. Terrible pacing. The third was medicore and a huge letdown for the series in terms of acting and ploting.

15. cloon honk

The animatrix was awesome, i loved it, and it also had some vital plot points that go into the trillogy. The game has aswell!
    *we have the same dream* :Gaipose

16. cloon honk

I agree about the placing of the third, it's like they were trying to get back into the style of the first, but pushing it a bit too much.

17. JustinCredible New Member

When the theatre is demanding that a character should just shut up and die because it seems like their death scene is taking like 30mins, says something.

I hated the last flick with a passion... but was it unwatchable, no.

18. cloon honk

Maybe it's in the acting, or directing but something just makes that movie drag on and seem to last 5 hours, where as in a film like Lord of the Rings (just as an example) the croud loves it and want's more, even though it really does go for like 3 and a half hours. Personally i think they should have stopped after the success of the fist.

19. ~DmItrY~ Watari Ninja // Ramenkage

anyone seen the Animatrix? Its kinda creepy, but i liked it anyway... Its really cool :amuse

20. Dimezanime88 Tha Blak Demen

The Matrix movies were good, accept for the last one! I hated the third one, but it was watchable. As for tthe Animatrix, if you know how to connect some of it to the movie and game, it's kinda fun.:)

21. MF NaruSimpson In memory of Trayvon

the animatrix was great, one of the few dvds i bought.

but i was always ticked off that some plot points were tied to the games. I wasn't playing at the time and missed those tie ins completely...

22. NeoDreamer Dreamy XD

WELL lol my name should show how i feel, but i'll explain a little

I totally agree with Cloon from teh first post he/she did to explain the reasons...and don't get me started on all the symbolisms and meanings of those movies..the mass quantities of them are mind boggling.

I didn't like the 2nd for the same reasons cloon said, i didn't like the 3rd one 'cause neo died and well he may have been like jesus...but no reason for them to go totally w/ that route...he could've stayed alive as the mediator b/w the 2 worlds. and I think that it would've been better to follow up with his other powers. if you remember oracle was talking about how he's got lots of other powers he wasn't ready to use yet as..u saw in the 2nd movie cliffhanger. i wish they took that route..and the clothes he was wearing while in that subway area was exactly i think the same as b4 he flew away at the end of the FIRST film...alot of fans on forums were saying that the ending of the first was really the ending of the 3rd...and that would've been a more "matrix-esque" finish to the whole movie.

as for that matrix online game..i heard it's a pooper..and i think they said that morpheus dies sometime in it..it already happened...just not sure when..but sometime in the game events he dies.

there was no reason to kill trinity either in the 3rd movie...I think the 2 sequels which to me seemed like one movie(like the kill bills) was too overdone and lacked the creative look the first one had.. all that earth crap was nasty and boring .

23. Sho Active Member

I actually liked all the Matrix movies, though alot of people seem to think differently. I thought they were all well done and didn't really see why so many people were so disappointed But I guess I didn't have the same expectations as everyone else, as I just was there to enjoy a good movie.

Animatrix=awesome.

24. Jaculus ♠ Kartoffel? ♠

i think they shoul've stopped at the first, the others completely ruined it

25. Remy LeBeau <font color='#006600'>RogueTard</font>

lol, the matrix movies are the greatest movies of all time imo.

And i think that leaving it at one movie would have been boring.

1st. Clearly the best
    2nd. Good movie
    3rd. Good, but i think the ending could have better closure.

26. Jaculus ♠ Kartoffel? ♠

not quite....the ending of the first gave you a feeling of coolness (if you know what i mean) and it could've stopped there, i mean the 2nd and 3rd weren't really necessary....

27. Dirk Diggler 2 Die 4

I like the first one, as for the next two there was too much pseudo-intellectual philosophy, and too much use of the ?bullet time? Special effects IMO.

28. Remy LeBeau <font color='#006600'>RogueTard</font>

Of course they were!!

How are you else going to find out how it went with Zion???

It leaves too much unknown.....

29. NeoDreamer Dreamy XD

well Ghost I would have to disagree with you. I am a huge fan of the series...but after the first one it could've ended. I mean you could've made the conclusion that neo was gonna save the human race in some way. Now the whole zion stuff was really done badly imo. The whole dance scene and them all looking like some sort of tribe. Some of the speeches were very boring and that morpheus speech was horrible...the 3rd one in my opinion had more story than the 2nd one...the 2nd one was just a big question mark from what you knew in the first movie and the 3rd didn't resolve it that well. I think the brothers over-wrote the sequels with too much information and not enough resolution...ie. the twins and the merovingian as added characters.

30. Remy LeBeau <font color='#006600'>RogueTard</font>

How could they make money on that :amuse ??

I think the sequels were important parts of the story of the Matrix. Just like they keep creating these new games of the movie to keep the story going. And just assuming that Neo would save the human-race is too thin, at least for me.