1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Who Will Be The Next Magic King?

Discussion in 'Black Clover' started by Tayimus, Aug 19, 2018.

Who Do Think It Will Be?

Poll closed Aug 26, 2018.
  1. Yami

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. Mereoleona Vermillion

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  3. Fuegoleon Vermillion

3 vote(s)
    37.5%
  4. Nozel Silva

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Asta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Yuno

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Other (Specify)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Tayimus Number One

Pretty self-explanatory. I personally believe it will be Leona.

Tags:
  2. DarkSlayerZero Well-Known Member

I don't think Sisleon cares too much about the political side of things plus she was never really around to get a good grip on such matters anyways(as far as we know).

Unless Broleon wakes up, it'll be between Yami and Nozel.

3. Tayimus Number One

I honestly can't see Nozel being chosen after I remembered that Leona was chosen to lead the Royal Knights above him.

This is what I used to think, by the way--

4. Djomla Student

Fuego.

5. Crow Full Cowl

I think Yami. He already had a tight relationship with the last Magic King and his type of magic is kinda rare. I think he needs a power up though if he wants to be on the old Magic King's level. The actual King would be pissed if he took the spot though. He only likes nobility.

6. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Either Fuego or Mereoleona Vermillion. Yami impossible.

I want Mereoleona and I think she will be the one. But a mistake was commited and I voted Fuego.

Is there a way to uncast my vote ?

7. Tayimus Number One

I actually had meant to set it so voters could change their votes, depending on how the conversation went. It's been edited now.

8. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

9. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

10. Tayimus Number One

Right! So, I've given some days for people to post their ideas. Now, I'll give you mine. As stated before I currently think Leona is the most likely candidate for Magic King. I used to think it'd be Fuego but I've since thought better of that because of some things that I don't think people have realized.

I think we're heading into a big turning point in the series. Clover Kingdom has just it's strongest protector, it's been destroyed by their own people being possessed, and worst of all... they might find out that their ancestors might have caused all of this. What they need is reassurance, they need security. They need someone that's powerful, that projects that power.

Fuego...does not project this. Not anymore. His missing arm is a striking visual testament of his defeat at the hands of the same group that just ravaged the country. This does not even get into what his infirmity might do to his actual combat prowess, if anything. Has losing his arm permanently decreased the amount of mana he has? Who the fuck knows.

I could go on, but I'd like to get some feedback at this point, so I'll drop off here.

11. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

I disagree with your whole power argument. The fact that someone as strong as Julius died shows that even the strongest magic knight can meet his/her end at some point. Plus I don't think her in-you-face attitude would unify the people and be their guiding light they'll need once this whole thing is over. Especially, if as you said, they found out their ancestors were the cause of all the this.

And yes, we are not sure how much Fuego has weakened do to him missing his arm, but I'm sure his linguistic skills, his leadership, or his ability to make quick level-headed decisions have not diminished.

Also, you say that him losing an arm is a visual representation of his defeat at the hands of the same group that are destroying/destroyed their kingdom shows his weakness, I would see at as a testament to his strength if he, despite receiving such a grave injury, came back to lead his country while still emitting that same bravado he had prior to him to losing his arm. It would almost be like him losing his arm would be a visual representation of the current state the clover kingdom is in, while him standing there back straight with his head held high would be showing the people that like him, the clover kingdom will be able to overcome these dire times and recover from this catastrophe.

12. Tayimus Number One

I don't see how your point addresses mine. "Julius was killed, so let's abandon picking the objectively strongest Knight as King." What? And that's even setting aside that Julius died specifically to save them, kinda like Leona was planning on doing for Aster/Zora.

Why would the people need unification? Why would they be segregated? Do you mean more rallying the people, raising morale? I'd answer, but I want to be sure of your point.

Leona has diaplayed all three of these skills, they're not unique to Fuego.

Indeed, that's definitely one way of looking at it. In fact, I probably would look at it like that too. However, and maybe I'm injecting too much real life in here, but I don't think people in general would think being handicapped is the type of strength. Inner strength--or rather fortitude and determination--sure, but not strength against imposing forces. And especially when there's another objectively more powerful and just as capable candidate.

13. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Traumatic scene.

Shit, he's the hero that the Clover Kingdom deserves.

14. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

My point with the power thing in short is just because you're the strongest, doesn't necessarily mean you're the right person for the job. And I don't feel like making meleo the M.E. based on her strength would really do much to ease the people since Julius, who was much stronger, just died.

I feel like after catastrophes like this, people start pointing fingers and start blaming each other for how/why this terrible thing happen. And yes, I also ment the rallying and raising morale of the people

I never said those qualities were unique to to only Fuego, It's more like the way Fuego demonstrates those traits are different from Meleo. And I feel like Fuego calm furry, if that makes sense, will go over more with the people than meleos 0-100 mindset

Inner strength, determination and fortitude is what I feel the Clover Kingdom need right now instead of just raw power.

Plus you have to think would Meleo even want the job? Though,this event could change that. I feel like giving her free reign to do whatever she wants like she has been would be better than having the lioness tied down to the role that is the M.E.

15. THEALMIGHTYGUY Forgive me for being an Elite

16. Tayimus Number One

You have it wrong. Power isn't the only reason, it's the deciding reason. Leona is objectively just as competent as Fuego, possibly more.

Which is why I said the line "Julius was killed, so let's abandon picking the objectively strongest Knight as King." How likely is that to happen?

Thr people wouldn't point fingers at each other, they'd point fingers at government--at authority.

Interestingly enough, we have an example of how Leona's way of doing things would pan out. Just examine how she hadn't the Crimson Lions. She harnessed not only their rage at losing their captain, but also their feelings of failure at being placed so low in the rankings. She channeled all of those negative emotions into positive action in bettering themselves.

I don't think I need to draw the parallel to the kingdom for you.

See, you're laboring under the impression that Leona couldn't project those same qualities as Fuego. It's not just about power, but power it a deciding factor.

Indeed. This was the reason I had originally picked Fuego over Leona. Because Leona just wouldn't want the job. But then I realized I had a contradiction right in front of me. Leona took command of the Royal Knights. This makes no sense if you really think about it. If Leona simply wanted to attack the White Night Demon Eye as revenge for Fuego, she didn't have to take command. Nozel could have led, and he's been a captain longer (as far as we know). I think this was to show more of her own leadership qualities.

You make it sound like Julius was tied down. When he wanted to leave, he left. I doubt anyone could stop Leona. :catskully

17. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Julius is the WB of Black Clover: Peaked too soon, was too strong and didn't reveal his all.

I hope we get flashbacks of his fights at the very least. That's be awesome.

18. Tayimus Number One

19. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Whitebeard. Also can be called the All Might of Black Clover.

20. Tayimus Number One

21. Alibaba Saluja Depths of the Ocean

I knew it was smart to put a deadline on the poll. Now, people can't change their vote just cause Fuego has Salamander! Just as many people thought Leona should be Captain as Fuego.

Last edited: Sep 15, 2018 at 1:31 PM
  23. ~Avant~ Eveningstar

24. Tayimus Number One

It'd be great if he has a reverse time resurrection spell that activates a sunrise after his death.

27. Kaiserkaido Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure that julius will be revived , Rades just unlocked the ability to bring back the dead , unless he gets killed during the war or his ability to revive was a one time thing there is a chance for julius to be brought back.