1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Who will win the 05-06 NBA MVP Award?

Discussion in 'Sports Bar' started by FitzChivalry, Nov 11, 2005.

Who will be this year's NBA Most Valuable Player?

Poll closed Nov 13, 2005.
  1. LeBron James

40.0%
  2. Kobe Bryant

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. Shaquille O'Neal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. Tim Duncan

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. Kevin Garnett

20.0%
  6. Steve Nash

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jermaine O'Neal

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Other(Please Specify)

40.0%
  1. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

We've got a couple of options here:

Name, Jersey Number, Team

LeBron James, 23, Cleveland Cavaliers
    One of only a handful of people to average 27 pts, 7 rebs, and 7 assists in one season. He really is a triple-double threat game in and game out, and not only can he handle the ball, drive in, and dish the ball...but now he can shoot the 3-ball.:oh Oh, and he's playing defense too. Dangerous.

Kobe Bryant, 8, Los Angeles Lakers
    This may very well be his best year statistically, and not only that but the Lakers won't be as average as they were last year. He's a 1st-team all Defensive player and Kobe may average 30 pts per game this year. Kind of Jordan-ish....but that was his goal, I'm sure.

Shaquille O'Neal, 32, Miami Heat
    He's Shaq.:oh

Tim Duncan, 21, San Antonio Spurs
    He's won it twice before, and he's a consistent 20/10 guy when he plays. He's an all-NBA defensive player. Plus he's Duncan.

Kevin Garnett, 21, Minnesota Timberwolves
    Another triple-double threat. He won this award two seasons ago. He'll always give you 20pts and 13 rebounds a game. He plays defense.

Steve Nash, 13, Phoenix Suns
    The most recent recipient of the award. He was the most valuable player last year because his team really sucked without him. He makes their machine a well-oiled one. His passing and shooting abilities have always been among the best in the game. He lacks defense, though.

Jermaine O'Neal, 7, Indiana Pacers
    He always finished in the top 5 for the voting. He's a 20/10 guy as well who coould also change the game with his defense.

Happy voting.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2005
    Tags:
  2. Meijin Smile

Mehmet Okur has been awesome so far this year :thumbs He'll be a contender.

3. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

4. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

i'm going to say that steve "cash" nash could do it, lebron could do it, or tim duncan will do it.

5. Redemption 乾杯

Its gonna be LeBron James he carries his own team.

6. Madara The Original Uchiha

Man, I wish it was Amare Stoudamire. Fucking Knee.

He's a monstruosity otherwise.

7. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

8. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

kobe is doing good, if L.A makes it deep he could be a potential mvp candidate.

9. Quoll loungin'

Dirk Nowitzki or Yao if he steps up.

10. Soxfan17 Kilik & Temari Fanboy

I think its to early to tell. But as much as it pains me it has to be Kobe so far

11. Pakkun93 Eternal

Lebron...or Dwayne Wade can jump in

12. D-Mac T-Mac's Successor

I think it might Lebron, Gilbert Arenas and Dwayne Wade...but i want Jason Williams to win it...

13. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

Maybe I should've included Elton Brand. He's playing extremely well, and his Clippers are a first-place team in the Pacific Division!

14. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

wade is actually making a damn good case for mvp, lol, but so is james, and alike.

15. Jaga King of the Jungle

If Miami starts winning a lot of games when Shaqs back, he'll def be the MVP cuz it'll show everyone that without Shaq, even with Walker, Wade, Williams their barley a .500 team, but with them their over the top.

or else somebody from the Los Angeles Clippers cuz their winning and they never doen that b4 lol...

16. justintse77 Pwned.

Thats so true. Elton Brand deserves MVP more than anyone else. After sticking with the team with all those losing years, I really hope he wins it.

17. Potentialflip One Last Stand

I have to say Lebron James is my pick if he keeps up his stats.

18. Keyser S?ze Formerly Midnight Joker

lebron is putting up good numbers, kobe is putting up good numbers, even bosh is putting up good numbers, lol, but let's not get carried away. it's hard to tell who they'd pick for mvp at this point. i hope it's lebron, he's king.

19. Summoner サマーナル

Where the hell is Allen Iverson? Let me break down some of these potential 'MVP' candidates.
    Lebron James-He has yet to play a single postseason game. He is also too selfish, and tries to do too much by himself. IMO, any player who doesn't make the playoffs does not deserve the MVP.
    Kobe Bryant-Again, we don't know if the Lakers will make the playoffs or not. They're just too young, too inexperienced, and there are too many better teams.
    Shaq-yeah right. The only superstar who is worst at free throw shooting is Ben Wallace(43% career). Shaq is at less than 50% free-throw shooting this season. And he's not even the MVP of his team. No chance at winning the MVP this year.
    Jermaine O'Neal-I predicted the Pacers to win 60 games this season. So far they're not living up to my expectations, as they had a loosing record, last I checked. He doesn't put up numbers, nor is he that good of a team player.
    Steve Nash-He's a good player, he just isn't MVP caliber this year. He's not having as good of a season this year as he had last year.

Now the summonmaster vote for MVP goes to

A.I-He puts up ungodly numbers. 34 points per game is unbelievable. He also carries most of the load for the 76ers. It's not unreasonable to suggest that he will score 2500 points this season. We haven't seen those kinds of numbers since the godly Wilt Chamberlain.

20. FitzChivalry Person of Internet

Good question.:headscrat
    LeBron gets praise because he passes, among many other things. He averaged over 7 assists last year and over 5-6 this year. That's why in most 1st quarters he plays, he always looks to set his teammates up. It's the quarters afterwards where he looks to score some. You're the only other person besides my Carmelo-eccentric friend to call him selfish. He passes plenty. Besides, I garuantee you that he's making the playoffs this year. They have shooters now.
    Lets name the good Western Conference teams.

San Antonio, Dallas, and LA Clippers. I believe that these three teams are forgone conclusions to make the playoffs. But after that, who is there? Golden State with Baron Davis and Jason Richardson maybe. So that's 4 spots taken. Maybe Denver. Ok, 5 spots. But who else? Houston? When Yao's there, McGrady's not; when McGrady's there, Yao's not. Houston is struggling terribly this year. Also, this is one of Tracy McGrady's worst shooting seasons. They've dug themselves into deep holes. Lakers will finish ahead of them, IMO. I mentioned 5 teams; there's still 3 playoff spots open. You're telling me that the Lakers can't nab one?

Well that's my opinion, at least.

And I suppose Shaq was shooting a good free-throw percentage when he won the award a few years back, right?:huh
    Don't care much for this.
    That team would be sub-.500 without him. His assists are a bit down, but he's scoring a more. That's what happens when you lose Joe Johnson to the Hawks of all teams, and when their best player Amare(according to Nash himself) is injured.

Yeah, I should've put Iverson on the list, since this dude seems to be like wine. Gets better with age.
    Similar things could be said for LeBron, sans the scoring part. And as for being a scoring beast......there was this guy named Michael Jordan who averaged a shitload of points(I'll ignore his years as a Wizard).