1. It's Time to Duel! Welcome to the NF Yu-Gi-Oh! Grand Championships. This tournament will span across 4 sections:
    Akihabara Lounge| Mafia | OBD |The Alley
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

5. BoOooOo!

Come one, come all to the wondrously eerie Pumpkin Patch! Perform tasks and challenges each day to stock up on the mystical Pumpkin Coins and use them to exchange for grand forum prizes! Don't miss out on this once in a lifetime opportunity, don't fear that which lies beneath the surface!

Schedule:
    Signups; October 10th - 15th
    Tasks and Challenges; October 15th - 29th
    Pumpkin Picking; October 30th - 31st
    Dismiss Notice

6. A blank contract written with magical ink?! Check out our Spooktacular Trick or Treat Event.
    Dismiss Notice

Who Would You Choose Between Your Partner or Your Sibling?

Discussion in 'Konoha Country Club' started by DemonDragonJ, Oct 3, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

In the past, I started a thread asking what users would do if they had to choose between their partner or their pet, and another thread asking if users had to choose between their sibling and their pet, so now it is time to ask the users here what they would do if they were forced to choose between their partner or their sibling.

In complete honesty, I am very apprehensive about asking a question such as this one, and am wondering if it is truly a wise thing to be doing so, given how everyone responded to my previous threads asking similar questions, but I feel morally obligated to ask it, given that I have already asked the previous two questions.

I would never force my brother or Lady J into such a situation, and I highly doubt that either of them would ever force me to make such a choice, as well, but, in the rare chance that either of them did, I would likely choose my brother. It would not be an easy choice, to be certain, and it likely would cause me much emotional turmoil, but my brother is my brother, and I believe that familial ties supersede all other bonds and forms of loyalty.

What does everyone else say about this? If you had to choose between your partner and your sibling, whom would you choose?

Tags:
  2. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Argentina
    I don't have a sibling soooooo :blobwave:blobhide

3. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

It's Mating Partnership vs Flesh & Blood so I would like to think most would certainly go with the latter but I've seen plenty of cases choosing the former and the reason why I believe picking your sibling holds an edge in terms of importance is because as humans we are supposed to value family above all else.

The only person who I think would logically matter more to someone than their own sibling or even parents is their children.

This is based on what I've witnessed or know of since I don't have children.

4. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

I hate one of my sisters and really don't know the other. So of course I'll pick my non-existent partner.

5. 1337RedGlitchFox Well-Known Member

Well, you chose your partner to begin with.

Unless i stepped into really weird territory, im pretty sure you never chose your sibling.
    Or yknow, had your sibling as your partner.

Blood bonds to me are just an ideal connection that makes you believe that you should care for blood beyond all.

But that seems like such an easily abusable idea.

Blood shouldnt matter, its the history and bonds you created with time.

Im pretty sure most of the people here will choose their partners and i really hope you have the choice and i the same.

So id choose my partner overall.

If i grew up with my sibling and did stuff like jump on trains to live a fantasy life that didnt work too well before ending up loss in a city where your mom had to drive 3 states over to find you, be glad youre safe and fine, tearfully bringing you close before bringing you guys home to get beat harder than any bars that a rapper can drop.
    Then yeah, id have to say theyd hold the advantage over my hypothetical spouse.

6. Jim Member

If that's the case then i'd let them decide amongst themselves or weigh immediate and long term benefits.

If neither are dying and it was just basically abandoning one or the other, then the choice wouldn't be mine.

7. Mider T VM Rapist

Choose what? To live or die? To give all your possessions? To fuck?

Wait, don't answer that last one DDJ.:maybe

8. Jim Member

but if he answered the last one, the choice would be easy, no?

9. Mider T VM Rapist

I see you just joined here about 2 weeks ago. Allow me to introduce you to DDJ.

10. Lord Valgaav Atomic Sables!

11. aww <3 fuck u <3333 and just like fashion it's a passion for the with-it and hip

id choose my partner and i would expect my brother to do the same

12. DemonDragonJ bringer of light

I deliberately was not specific, because this question could refer to any hypothetical scenario.

13. Melodie ̣

What is your reason for making that choice?

15. White Wolf Retired Staff

No siblings so an easy choice, but depending on closeness and whatnot choosing partner would be easy enough to do so in a hypothetical where either existed. Contextually it depends on a lot of factors and not a black & white "Well it's gonna be 100% of the time ___".

16. Siena The Revenant

I don't think there's a way to honestly answer this without knowing what the choice is about. It's not back or white for me.

Last edited: Oct 6, 2018
  17. Sassy ~Equipped with chaos~

It depends in certain situations it could all honestly depend if you have a deeper and closer bond to your family (specfically older or younger sibiling in regards to sister/brothership deep connections and roots) or if your closer in a deeper friendship/relationship bond with your significant other. I love my siblings & boyfriend with all my heart and then some, however if I truly had to choose with a gun to my head or my last entire option it would be my sibilings hands down every time.

Yes I love and care for both with everything I have but love can come and go within a relationship just how friends come and go within your life so can love as well it's unfortunate but it's the truth. You only have one family within this life time until you get reincarnated for another time you always get one family, that you share connections with and deeper roots.

Although if you've got a shitty family and shitty sibiling relationship with your upbringing then of course it would be different in that scenario if I had that then my choice would be different and I'd choose my boyfriend instead. So I think it honestly depends on the upbringing within your life with your family and the certain situations that can occur within it on the good and the bad on whether or not you'd choose sibilings over the significant other or if you choose your significant other over your sibilings it all depends.

18. Island In the Sun

United States
    I have four siblings, and no partner at the moment, so that choice is kinda obvious.

19. Sequester Lacking in Luster

prolly give them both up n start over.... bout time mommy n daddy started making new babes n e ways.... n ive been known as a loosecannon on the force already.. wouldnt be the first partner i ran though.

20. Luiz Well-Known Member

Sibling, easily. The SO hasn't been with me for nearly as long.