1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Who's got the highest IQ in the Naruto-Verse???

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Shinobi1jutsu, Feb 7, 2019.

1. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

IQ in regular people is a tricky thing to measure, because there are SO MANY types of intelligence, and ways to interpret and measure it, so obviously its a harder and trickier thing to do with fictional characters, but I would just really like to know what your thoughts about this are, and hear your explanations about WHO you think is the most intelligent and WHY!!!

There's quite a few contenders...

you've got some seriously smart characters...

Obviously there is...

- Shikamaru Nara (frequently portrayed as being the smartest ninja in Konoha)

- His father Shikaku Nara (portrayed as being like Shikamaru, but wiser)

- Itachi Uchiha (no explanation needed)

- Orochimaru (absolute definition of an evil mad-genius)

- Kabuto (quite possibly the number ONE smartest of ALL)

- Danzo Shimura (who was a horrible prick, but also quite clever in a very evil way)

- Madara Uchiha ( absolute master-mind who planned out the entire war-arc decades in advance)

- Kakashi Hatake ( brilliant ninja who became jonin at like 9 y/o, and was stated by Naruto to be smarter than Shikamaru)

Then, there are some NOT SO OBVIOUS characters...

- Naruto Uzumaki ( I know this one seems absolutely ridiculous!!! However, Naruto might be really a secret genius! When he was ten years old... he had that secret scroll for like twenty minutes, and mastered the shadow clone justu, which is considered like a SUPER-OP S-Class jutsu, then he learned the Rinnegan in a week, and since his punk ass genin days FREQUENTLY defeated stronger/superior opponents by outsmarting them... think Neji Hyuga! A part of me strongly suspects that Naruto is actually an insane genius, but pretends to be an idiot , so that everyone underestimates him! I know this is an insane, and likely unpopular opinion, but I thought I would throw it out there!)

- Sasuke Uchiha ( Compared to his brother Itachi, Sasuke seems pretty stupid, but like Naruto, that might NOT be true. Sasuke betrayed his village, his friends, and even "good itself," and yet everything worked out SUPER for him! Joining Orochimaru helped him to dramatically and exponentially increase his power/strength in a very short period of time! Betraying and murdering Orochimaru was apparently also fine, since Orochimaru basically wanted to be Sasuke's bitch when Sasuke brought him back to life! Trying to kill his brother... gets him gifted with MS eyes, and his dead brother's actual eyes give him EMS. His unapologetic betrayal and multiple attempts at murdering Naruto, Sakura, and Karin were apparently also perfectly fine!? In the end, he STILL gets "The Girl" (Sakura), and continues to just do whatever he wants... I mean Sasuke is just the WORST person EVER, but... no matter WHAT this little douchebag sociopath does... THERE ARE NEVER ANY NEGATIVE CONSEQUENCES!!! EVERYBODY... just ALWAYS and automatically forgive him NO MATTER WHAT he does, he gets all the girls, all the power, all the respect, all the love and adoration of everybody, yet he would just as easily KILL THEM ALL on whim, if he thought it would amuse him! And, it doesn't matter, because EVERYONE loves him anyway! I mean it seems like NOBODY could be that consistently LUCKY!!! So maybe, Sasuke's actually a secret genius, controlling everybody with some kind of secret genjutsu! Also, weird CRAZY theory, but fun)

- Tobirama Senju ( Not portrayed for being a genius, but MUST BE!!! This dude mastered ALL nature types, Yin and Yang release, he freaking INVENTED... the "Flying Thunder God Technique," "Shadow Clone Jutsu," "Heavenly Weeping," "Absolute-Darkness Technique," "Mutually Multiplying Explosive Tags," and Edo Tensei summonings!!! JUST TO NAME A FEW!!! I mean... WoW!!! That is some scary stuff!!! Also, in the origin of Konoha story, he clearly demonstrated the intelligence and foresight to know that Madara was a dirtbag, and was NOT to be trusted, and that the Uchiha in general... were basically ALL pieces of $HlT... which he was RIGHT ABOUT on BOTH COUNTS!!! So yeah... pretty underrated in the IQ department)

SO... ANYWAYZ.................

What are your thoughts???

Tags:
  2. Yamato ANBU- Sadist

Flag:
    Argentina, Mexico

Kakashi
    Itachi
    Tobirama

Yeah most of what you listed.

My gut is also telling me maybe Ao :hmm
    I’d say Sakura too.
    Temari

3. shikamaru naraS The hypocrisy of Kishi ....

Itachi is an idiot, you should remove him from the list because everything he did backfired and most of the horrible shit he did doesn’t make sense with his supposed “ kind “ character.

4. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mokuton of Fun

Flag:
    United States
    Minato, highest ever academy scores, plethora of sealing jutsu, invented rasengan, learned sage mode, mastered KCM, mastered FTG, could weave his own and others chakras into seals, Hokage candidate, smart enough to engracieate himself as a child & marry an Uzumaki and steal all the justu.:awesome

-
    -
    -
    Shikaku/Shikamaru
    Tobirama
    Orochimaru
    Denki?
    Kabuto
    Sarada?
    Sasuke
    Itachi

5. AJBeckyBlissRollins Well-Known Member

6. Gianfi Well-Known Member

Minato/Itachi/Kakashi
    Orochimaru/Kabuto/Tobirama

7. Djomla Student

Flag:
    Serbia
    Obviously the guy who figured out how to teleport and bring back dead people.

8. Grinningfox Bored

The Sasuke disrespect in your post is disgusting tho

9. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

Yeah, I agree that its probably Tobirama and/or the two Naras... most likely Shikamaru.

The "Sasuke disrespect" isn't disrespect because its all true, Sasuke is the most self-obsessed, deeply selfish, entitled, OP douche... without any semblance of loyalty, integrity, or honor. And, is prone to bouts of deranged homicidal mania... for which... he never suffers any negative consequences for. He does whatever wicked $hit he wants to do, how he wants, whenever he wants, to WHOEVER he wants, and... after that... its... ALL GOOD!!! Zero consequences!!! This guy betrays the village, joins Orochimaru, tries to murder the people that love him, betrays and murders Orochimaru, forms his own Team of new people that love him, betrays/abandons two of them, tries to murder the third, joins the Akatsuki, betrays them too, brings back Oro... to bring back the dead Hoage, then... makes ALL the dead Hokage explain themselves to his pompous, entitled ass... like he's God, then, just decides that after years of evil, that he'll switch back sides to good... after FIVE SECONDS into the War... he declares to everybody that HE DESERVES TO BE HOKAGE!? He's such a sick, delusional, entitled, pompous F**K... THAT AFTER BETRAYAL AFTER BETRAYAL... MURDER AFTER MURDER... YEARS AND YEARS OF EVIL... HE... DESERVES TO BE HOKAGE!?!?!?! How can anyone NOT hate this guy??? There's nothing good about him!!! He's like Ted Bundy with superpowers!!! EXCEPT... that Ted Bundy went to jail, and was executed for his crimes, and Sasuke gets showered with love, forgiveness (that he doesn't even value), STILL gets the "girl" (Sakura), gets basically everything he wanted... Sasuke is Ted Bundy... if after they caught Ted Bundy, Ted Bundy was like... I AM RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT, and the top candidate of that time had to beat Bundy in a fist fight in order to win! And, even after Bundy looses the fight... he still gets to marry Scarlett Johansson (or whoever the 90's version of her would be), be universally respected, forgiven, and loved, NO EXECUTED, NO JAIL, NO PROBLEMS, NO PUNISHMENT OF ANY KIND... just do whatever you feel like doing Ted Bundy... ENJOY YOURSELF BUDDY!!! Sasuke is basically that... but, with super-powers!

Sasuke NEVER even shows any remorse or regret for ANY of his wickedness. Instead of consequences for doing evil... he was rewarded for it... time and time again, and still gets to be one of the most powerful, most successful, most loved, and most respected people that have EVER EXISTED!!! Nobody is that lucky... I think he must have tricked everybody with some kind of genjutsu, in which case... he a genius!

10. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

Yeah, that's a fairly strong case for Tobirama!

11. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

Hard to argue against the Naras... but, what about Tobirama?!?!?! The guy was basically the inventor of all the most OP jutsu!!!

Or... Madara who thought up EVERYTHING from being the jinchuruki of the ten-tails, giving Nagato the Rinnegan, getting resurected, the Akatsuki, the god tree, the infinite Tsukuyomi, etc...

12. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

Minato over Tobirama who literally invented all the jutsu that made Minato a stud?!?!?! IDK!?

13. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

I can see the Naras topping the chart, but just think that Tobirama should be higher that Kakashi and Itachi, and IDK why nobody is considering Madara who's genius planed out EVERYTHING decades in advance!

Interesting... Sakura never impressed me much, I mean... she's definitely way above average in the smarts department, but basically EVERY impressive thing she can do was taught to her by Tsunade, who is the one assumed to have invented ALL that medical ninjutsu!

14. Sanguíne Symphony Yonko

Shikamaru
    Minato
    Itachi
    Tobirama
    Kakashi
    Orochimaru
    Kabuto

They’re the 1st that come to mind

15. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

What about Madara??? He planned out EVERYTHING decades in advance, and had it carried out almost perfectly!!! The god tree, the ten-tails, the rinnegan, the Akatsuki, the infinate tsykuyomi!?!?!?

16. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mokuton of Fun

Flag:
    United States

Example, would you say the guy who invented basketball is better than Lebron or Kobe, or even Shaq? Probably not.

Minato used FTG casually and constantly, along with finding new ways to use jutsu, like using the FTG (that Tobirama invented) to send a freaking 100% Kurama TBB away, not to mention inventing Rasengan, which is supposed to be insane when it comes to actually shaping chakra into a visible-to-the-naked-eye volatility.
    He learned Sage Mode from Jiraiya, but was WAYYYY better at it than he was, and used it intelligently, no matter how humble he is about it.
    He set literal records in the academy that STILL STAND, even Itachi couldn't outdo his achievements, granted he came close.
    His chakra control was beyond insane, considering how much chakra it takes to seal, FTG, rasengan, etc.

That's just my 2 cents and opinion though, you make a good argument

17. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

Good points! I appreciate your answer, but your basketball metaphor was a little off...

I would NEVER argue that the guy that invented basketball was better at it than Lebron, Kobe, or Shaq... those guys are WAY BETTER at playing basketball, just like how Minato was better at FTG than Tobirama, but the question wasn't about who's the better fighter/ninja, but rather WHO IS THE SMARTEST, and in that case... You might have a case for comparing the guy that invented basketball against the NBA greats... I don't know who that guy is, so its hard to compare them, but odds are he was a professor at a University, and was probably fairly intelligent. Tobirama also invented edo summonings, and a host of other terrifying innovations like infinite darkness! A prolific inventor like that must be smarter than people who can just use his inventions better than him, by comparison the only known justu we know Minato invented was rasengan, which was a GOOD ONE to be sure, but... not quite as good as edo summonings, FTG, or Infinite Darkness.

If we were comparing who would win in a fight, or who was more powerful... I think I would agree with you in that I think Minato edges Tobirama a little bit. Tobirama was brilliant and powerful, but I think a little less powerful than Minato, but... probably more brilliant! IMO!

18. Grinningfox Bored

All of this is super biased , misinformed, and frankly incorrect.

19. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

Seriously... that's exactly what happened! I'll concede that it may be biased, because I hate traitors... ESPECIALLY those who would betray and try to murder their own friends and loved one FOR NO REASON, and show NO REMORSE!!! However, it was not misinformed or incorrect! Sasuke is scum... plain and simple, Sasuke fans just need to come to terms that they like sociopaths!

20. Ultra Instinct Senjutsu Mokuton of Fun

Flag:
    United States
    TRUE, that was a terrible metaphor on my part, perhaps a scientist who discovered pasteurization, black holes, physics, etc, then all who learn his discovery improve/expand upon it?
    If a teacher is great, students will typically surpass them, due to understanding/learning far sooner than the teacher did.
    Like learning in college how to teach calculus, then teaching children how to be fluent in the subject wayyy sooner than a teacher was.

Perhaps how their are "Parent" justu, like minato invented Rasengan, but naruto figured out how to add elemental style to it.
    Kakashi couldnt even do that, but created chidori instead based on similar principles.
    Naruto was able to literally invent Rasenshuriken off of his fathers discovery, but I'm willing to say Minato would use Rasenshuriken much better than Naruto does/can.

I mean Minato uses his tools better and more efficiently than Tobirama, is a nutshell what I'm trying to say lol.
    plus, his experience with sealing, which has to take some solid intellect

Edo Tensei I will yield, as that is a tough one to argue and seems very plot driven, because, how tf does one even think of/discover that with a "happy accident" like most inventions do?

21. Grinningfox Bored

Sasuke has shown remorse for fifteen fucking years and has spent that time attempting to atone for his actions. Does that sound like a goddam sociopath?

Freed the Ninja with Bloodline Limits being sold like slaves

How about him being against murder to the point that he spared most of the opponents he battled?

1000 Sound fodder spring to mind ?

Keeping his team from murder ?

He took Orochimaru off the map because he found his methods disgusting. Does sound like a sociopath?

I don’t think you know what that word means...

Now after finding out that the village he called home housed the ninja who was responsible for HIS FUCKING FAMILY’s MURDER he did descend into darkness but who wouldn’t .

Are we going to ignore that both Sakura and Kakashi Intended to kill him as well?

You are misformed or trolling

22. oMeGa1904 Mr. Incredible

Flag:
    Germany, Peru, Brazil
    I actually think someone with high IQ is a person who with tools established from both sides, one can come out on top. Like chess players. So that's why I have Sasuke in there. As for the highest IQ one, by hype either Shikaku or Shikamaru but never liked how the narrative to shove down our throats how smart they were, it intentionally made others dumb to favor them. So that's it. But so far no character impressed me as "Oh my god!! This guy is super smart wth! never thought on that". So....

23. Santoryu Judge of The Judges

1. Adult Shikimaru
    2. Hatake Kakashi (Boruto)
    3. Shikaku

24. Shinobi1jutsu Well-Known Member

............................................................................................................

I think maybe YOU don't understand what that word (sociopath) means, so lets break it down, and see if it fits...

Sociopath: (noun) a person with a personality disorder manifesting itself in extreme antisocial attitudes and behavior and a lack of conscience.

Has Sasuke had a pattern of manifesting extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviors, and a lack of conscience... I'm going to go with YES! I would say that attempting to murder people you grew up with, and who love you... FOR NO REASON qualifies! Sasuke's initial reaction after not seeing Naruto and Sakura in three years is... "I should KILL these losers!" Which he followed up on, by actually trying to kill them, and had it NOT been for Sai's quick thinking... and, executing the "correct block" Naruto would have been murdered in that pit by Sasuke! For NO REASON except for that Sasuke is seriously evil! Sasuke then blasts Naruto and Sai into unconsciousness with chidori scream, proceeds to chop Sakura in half... except that Yamato blocks it, but suffers having Sasuke's sword lodged in his chest. Sasuke then leaps to the top overlooking the incapacitated Naruto, Sai, and Yamato, and the useless Sakura... and proceeds to murder them all with with Kirn... and, would have succeeded if he wasn't directly stopped by Orochimaru of all people! Even after Orochimaru commands Sasuke NOT to kill them, and explains WHY he shouldn't kill them... Sasuke reacts by basically just proceeding to kill them ANYWAY, and has to be re-commanded with insistence from BOTH Kabuto and Orochimaru to NOT kill them, and EVEN AFTER THAT... Sasuke lingers there, seriously contemplating disobeying Orochimaru, because he's so sick that he WANTS to murder them... even though it directly conflicts with his goals!!! Yes... that most definately qualifies as manifesting extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviors, and a lack of conscience!

How about during the 5 Kage summit, when Sasuke horrifically slaughters a horde of samurai!!! Even though... he could have effortlessly incapacitated them... blast past them, lock them into a genjutsu, or even circumvented them altogether... he decides instead to ruthlessly SLAUGHTER them ALL!!! Chopping them up, hacking off body parts into blood soaked pieces! Samurai are about as much of a threat to Sasuke as a bunch of 4 year olds are to an adult man, except an adult man wouldn't opt to KILL a bunch of 4 year olds if they attacked him!!! But, Sasuke did!!! This OBVIOUSLY qualifies as manifesting extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviors, and a lack of conscience!!!

How about when Sasuke chose to MURDER Karin... FOR ABSOLUTELY NO REASON!!! Here was a girl... THAT HE CHOSE SPECIFICALLY to be on his team, who incidentally LOVED HIM... AND SAVED HIS LIFE on more than one occasion, a girl completely dedicated to him, and FOR NO REASON... he decided that he should F***ING KILL HER!!! He first shoots a lighting/laser sword/beam through her to hurt Danzo, THEN... after Danzo is dead... EVEN THOUGH KARIN CAN BE SAVED... Sasuke comes back to MURDER HER ANYWAY!!! There was absolute NO REASON for this... he came back just to murder her BECAUSE HE'S SICK and he ENJOYS MURDERING THE HELPLESS!!! This too OBVIOUSLY qualifies as manifesting extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviors, and a lack of conscience!!!

While Sasuke is trying to murder Karin, he gets interrupted by Sakura... which Sasuke finds annoying, so EVEN THOUGH Sakura cannot bring herself to kill, or even hurt Sasuke... even though that was her mission... Sasuke has NO PROBLEM WHATSOEVER to murder Sakura... AND Karin!!! Sasuke attempts to stab Sakura in the back to murder her, however, then, Kakashi shows up, and Sasuke is like GREAT... NOW I GET TO KILL ALL THREE OF THEM!!! Then, Naruto shows up, and Sasuke is even happier, because now there are FOUR losers for him to murder!!! Its like Sasuke's sociopath version of Christmas!!! In the entire series, Sasuke who is perpetually apathetic about everything, is NEVER seen being more happy than he appeared to be, as he was about to murder his "friends!" The little sociopath is seen smiling and laughing in his blood-lust murderous rampage of the people who he grew up with, and loved him! This YET AGAIN... OBVIOUSLY TOO qualifies as manifesting extreme antisocial attitudes and behaviors, and a lack of conscience!!!

After that rampage... he states on multiple occasions... that his NEW GOAL was to MURDER EVERY SINGLE MAN, WOMAN, AND CHILD IN THE LEAF VILLAGE!!! It doesn't matter if they are a ninja or not!!! Sasuke at this point is supposedly morning the loss of Itachi, who after hearing Obito's story about Itachi... Sasuke decides that he loves his brother, even though he had been obsessed with killing him for most of his life, but whatever it was complicated. The point is... Sasuke supposedly loves Itachi now that he's dead, and Itachi's whole legacy was about protecting the Leaf, Itachi's mission in life was to protect the Leaf at all costs and by any means necessary. So in order to honor his brother... Sasuke plans to annihilate the village and murder EVERYONE in it!?!?!? It doesn't even make ANY sense!!! Sasuke just wants ANY excuse he can find to murder more people!!! He states he WANTS to MURDER EVERYONE in the Konoha, and that he is going to do it!!! He says this is his goal/mission on multiple occasions, and then shortly after this point... you know... because his mood changes... HE THINKS IT IS HIS RIGHT TO BE HOKAGE!!! Yep, the SAME GUY who betrays the Leaf, the SAME GUY who's stated mission was to SLAUGHTER EVERYONE in the Leaf... HE DESERVES TO BE HOKAGE!!! ARE YOU F***ING KIDDING ME?!?!?!?!? Planning to murder an entire village of innocent people certainly AT THE VERY LEAST qualifies as extreme antisocial attitudes, and is highly indicative of a lack of conscience!!!

Throughout the series Sasuke is seen displaying a lack of empathy for others, extreme selfishness, a sense of superiority, and severe entitlement, all of which are characteristics of a textbook sociopath, and an antisocial personality disorder. This together with the examples I have provided demonstrate that this is his personality, and he very clearly meets the dictionary definition of a sociopath. So I'm afraid that its you that doesn't understand what the word (sociopath) means.

Beyond the examples I provided, we see that Sasuke also didn't care about what happened to Suigetsu or Jugo when he abandoned them, and left them for dead. He never apologizes to either of them, or Naruto, or Sakura, or Kakashi, or Yamato, or Sai for trying to murder them, clearly showcasing no remorse for his actions. Instead, once he decided to join the fight against Madara, he first made a declaration that he was going to be the Hokage!!! This is NOT the actions of someone who is remorseful, he turns "good" for two seconds, and thinks that he deserves to be the Hokage this demonstrates that he is NOT sorry or ashamed for any of his actions! He never even says, "Hey guys, by the way... sorry for being evil, and stuff!" ... NOPE!!! There is a very easy to understand reason for this... HE'S NOT SORRY!!! The ONLY person, he made a half-ass apology to was Karin, and he didn't even look at her when he said it, and he only did it after the Orochimaru implored him to say that he was sorry, and nothing about his "apology" suggested that he even meant it! Sasuke was looking to move on, and throwing Karin a meaningless "sorry," was just easier way to get everybody to focus on serving him.

Prior to Shippuden, Sasuke who is the most powerful, talented, and exceptional genin in all of Konoha, is seen being condescending, contemptuous, and hurtful to his teammates Naruto and Sakura. Instead of taking the reigns as a leader, or helping them to be better... he is much happier to tell them how worthless they are. Even when Naruto demonstrates exceptional usefulness like he did with the double shuriken transformation plan to free Kakashi from Zabuza, or when Naruto unlocks the first signs of Kurama, and defeats Haku who was stated to be stronger than Zabuza/Kakashi...or when Naruto again demonstrates usefulness in the "forest of death" during the "chunin exams" Sasuke never changes his tune, he continues to tell Naruto and Sakura how useless they are, and how they're both losers. Then, finally when Naruto's usefulness cannot be disregarded anymore... like when Naruto defeated Gara, when Sasuke couldn't, or when Sasuke realizes after the rooftop battle that Naruto's rasengan was stronger than his chidori... Sasuke gets so butthurt by this, his sense of superiority being challenged drives him to betray his village, and join up with the most wicked character in the series... Orochimaru!

You said, " Sasuke has shown remorse for fifteen fucking years and has spent that time attempting to atone for his actions."

REALLY??? And, how exactly has he been atoning?! Did he go to jail??? Did he pay restitution??? Did he even F***ING APOLOGIZE???

NOPE!!! NONE OF THE ABOVE!!! Sasuke hates people! Sasuke apparently can't even stand to be around his own family! Since the beginning of the series, except for murdering people...about the ONLY TWO THINGS Sasuke actually likes... is to be ALONE and TRAIN... so... to atone... he decided to be alone and train!!! ... Oh yeah!!! Real sacrifice!!! Apparently, being a dead-beat dad/ absentee father and husband is somehow noble according to you!!! EXCEPT that... IT'S NOT!!!

Sasuke is a piece of $hit through and through!!! He is disgusting trash!!! He is a sociopath, and an absolute douche-bag!!! No loyalty and no honor!!! Just pride, power, pompousness, and entitlement.

It is honestly baffling to me how ANYBODY can like this character!!! He is just the worst!!! Then, if/when someone actually tells it like it is, and talks about what an evil sociopath he is... then, that person is "trolling!" WTF?!?!?!

• Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List