1. Ohara Library Banner Contest

The Beasts Pirates demand your services.
    Join the OL Banner Contest!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Winter is coming one last time...

Dismiss Notice
  4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest!

Dismiss Notice
  5. Some Pokémon went missing during Easter time. Please, help us to solve this case. Check Detective Pikachu and the Eggstravaganza Case.

Dismiss Notice
  6. The Anime Awards of 2018 have started! Click here to see the post!

Dismiss Notice

Who's Sasuke Avenging

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Asuma: Konoha's Blade, May 28, 2007.

Whose Sasuke Avenging?

1. Sasuke is selfish, getting revenge for himself and himself alone

25 vote(s)
    26.0%
  2. Sasuke is being honorable and selfless, seeking avengance with the pity of his deseased clan

17 vote(s)
    17.7%
  3. A little bit of both

49 vote(s)
    51.0%
  4. Other...

5 vote(s)
    5.2%
  1. Asuma: Konoha's Blade Member

I've always thought of Sasuke neutrally. But, something that could really make him a better character in my eyes was is if he's doing all this for his clan. I'd dislike him a little if he was planning all this revenge for himself. So is Sasuke spending his life trying to get revenge on Itachi for killing his clan, and making him lonely, or is it for his clan, and he hates Itachi because of his pity for his clan?

Tags:
  2. Crimson2Phoenix7 Banned

No shit he's avenging his clan. You don't avenge yourself.

3. bobo Super Awesome

His pet hamster.

4. Spencer_Gator Pain is a god.

A little bit of both, he is being selfish as he is neglecting Naruto and Sakura who actually care about him, but he is doing a good thing by avenging his clan.

5. Reincarnation Veritas

he's not neglecting them they are his friends and if your a uchiha u kill your friends for power but sasuke dosent want to do that

6. SAMSARA Banned

By avenging himself, I assume you mean getting Itachi back for the pain he caused him. In that case, I think it's more that than for the pain of his clan after seeing how much importance Sasuke puts in making sure he alone kills Itachi. Obviously though, the drive for the honor of the clan lies in there somewhere when you look at how much he runs his mouth about how great his bloodline is.

7. Samurai G Huncho

sasuke is alittle bitch in my eyes,his clan died and yet he continues to blindly go after itachi ,if he does kill him and die in the process the uchiha clan dies right there,if sasuke was smart he would give up on revenge for now and revive his clan then kill itachi later .

8. Sky is Over Active Member

*sigh* the uchiha clan...

9. Vandal Savage The Magician Supporting Staff

Sasuke is avenging his clan. Whenever he refers to Itach it is always about avenging his fallen family and restoring their name.

10. Zelnaga Member

11. dwabn Nobody

i think its a little bit of both

it started all for the clan but its transformed into a more selfish obsession.

12. Hexa probably Dendi

I'd say neither. Sasuke says he's an avenger, but I don't really think the main thing. I imagine he's going after Itachi, mainly, due to his sense of duty.

13. Kakuzu GB Imperator

I think he just wants to punish Itachi. Purely selfish.

14. Shinkirou Lord of the Eclipse

Once again, to the people saying, "Oh, why doesn't he just go restart his clan and forget Itachi.", Let me just ask what's stopping Itachi from just waltzing into the village and killing the clan again? I mean he's already been shown to have the ability to just walk into Konoha undetected for a good while, then once he's found out, he wtfpwns everyone in sight, then just strolls right back out. No search party, no hunter nin, nothing. Just in, own everybody, leave.

Though on topic, I'd say a little bit of both.

15. Yakushi Kabuto Socks Activate! Shape of a

He's doing it for both reasons, for Itachi taking away the lives of those in his clan as well as Itachi taking away the life he had with his family.

16. AbnormallyNormal 1 + 2 + 3 = 1 * 2 * 3

it doesnt really make any sense to say he's avenging for himself, i mean itachi purposely SPARED him, so he has to be avenging for all the other uchihas

17. bloodstains the town fag

this thread smells of failure

18. sangofluter8448 Member

Yeah, it's a bit of both. He feels a sense of duty, but we have to remember what happened during the Fighting Gaara Arc. He wanted to protect his friends, and revenge came second to them at that point in time. After itachi brain warped him, he became very angry, and decided to leave for power. Either it was a reminder of his clan, or the inferiority that he felt that made him want revenge.

19. Franckie Shinigami Chop

Sasuke is avenging his ego, which was thoroughly brutalized by Itachi several times.

20. Protean Stratagem How to win? It depends...

Although Sasuke may have some ties of revenge to his clan, the only people he could possibly be avenging is his mother and father.
    He has not thought of many other people that he particularly liked that include the clan.

He lost his family at an early age, so I don't think he really had major ties of kinsmanship with his clan at the time.

Destroying the clan was personally insulting to Sasuke as well.
    Sasuke was built up on the power of the clan, and his obvious eventual rise to greatness. Itachi undermined his clan pride by eliminating anyone around to prove his inherent greatness as a genius of the Uchiha clan.
    In pre-timeskip, by betraying Konoha as one of the final Uchihas, Itachi gives the clan a bad reputation, and Itachi is a constant reminder of Sasuke's own weakness.

A clan is both part of a man's pride and also has connections of kinsmanship. Sasuke didn't have any real meaningful ties with other Uchiha families, so it's only about his pride.

Sasuke also cannot have Itachi come back and ruin his fledgling clan at a later time, so he needs to essentially reset the joint before he lets it heal.

21. ~ Son of SPARDA ~ Active Member

Sasuke is avenging both his family AND his clan.

22. Alec Divine

Sasuke, Believes that He's an avenger.
    Avenger- To take vengeance, or exact satisfaction
    Sasuke believes by avenging his family/clan, he is serving a higher purpose, its a higher judgement, a vindicative purpose. The guilty must suffer.

23. Sharinganmaster29 yoruichi sama's #1 fan

itachi took all his dreams all his friends and family...i think he avenges not only his clan but all the pain itachi caused him...still the main reason he wants to kill itachi is the extermination of his clan

24. Kylinsky Member

Whether Sasuke is conscience of it or not, he is still that same scared little boy he was all those years ago, despirately trying to gain the acknowledgement of his Brother and Father. It's not so much hatred of Itachi that fuels him, its more hatred of himself and how he was too weak to prevent Itachi from doing what he did and continuing to do what he does now. Up until the second encounter, he was on the path of carrying on the Uchiha legacy... Then Itachi belittled him again, showing him how weak he was, in the past and in the present; that caused him goals to slowly change from noble motivations to more selfish motivations. Jealousy of Naruto's newly found and fast growing power made him believe everything Itachi had been telling him and started eating him from the inside out..After that he cast off all that his clan stood for, and pursued pure self involved power for the sole purpose of proving a point to Itachi...

The irony of course being that if he had stayed in Konoha, training under Kakashi he probably would have achieved just as much, or even more (MS) power than he did with Orochimaru, he would be on a direct crash course with Itachi, and he would have the advantage of the Will of Fire on his side, without sacrificing his clans legacy.

Inspite of his darkened persona, he has not killed anyone yet, not even the Sound village test subjects, nor any Konoha shinobi(though he certainly tried in the beginning). Honestly, if it came down to it, I think he'd save the life of one of his former teammates.. I find it hard to believe that he'd sit by and watch one of them die. Perhaps there is hope for him yet, I know Naruto certainly has some.

25. SENTINEL i'm the loin<B>!</B>

It does not matter who-- It matter : will he?

26. -Deidara- Laughing In Hell's Face.

hes avenging dead people.

27. raibbhani Unknown

He's avenging his dead clan. Hes also want to kill Itachi to satisfy himself because of what Itachi's done to him. Itachi made him look too weak to even hurt him.

28. .:Pistachio:. Will shoot/rape On Sight

I dont think the poor guy knows what hes doing anymore.

29. -Deidara- Laughing In Hell's Face.

lol thats funny. :laugh

30. durtycheese jiraiya=fail

hes avenging the death of orochimaru.