1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice

why 10 members?

Discussion in 'Naruto Theories' started by warrior1000, Oct 13, 2006.

1. warrior1000

This thory is going off of Byuku-Sharingan thoery of the 10th bijuu.

There were originally 10 akatsuki members and ten rings, and when orochimaru left he took his with him, that is why we only have 9 members now. But why 10 rings and ten members. Orochimaru left with his ring so we only have 9 members now. But what if orochimaru stayed, there still only 9 bijuus. One for each member right, so i am guesing there is a tenth bijuu that shows up after all the other nine have been collected, or there could be one that we dont know about.

Now i know you guys will say there are only 9 in mythology, but this is not mythology, is is a story created, so the 10th bijuu can just as easily be created.

Tags:
  2. Chee

If their were 10 bijuus than Kishi would've brought that up when he first started the manga. It would not be good story-telling thus not likely to happen.

3. warrior1000

4. Chee

It is not certain that they are going to use 1 bijuu for each person. Usually story-tellers foreshadow things like that.
    Just meer coincidence that their are 9 members in the organization.

5. Grrblt

I would explain it as this: They're going to use the rings to control the bijuu powers like a jinchuuriki does. Leader has the most special ring, and it follows the theme of "one ring to rule them all".

6. RGZ_ReGZ

The point, however, is that there was originally 10, and the tenth would have gotten replaced had orochimaru didn't took the ring with him. However, the number of bijus and number of eyes of statue is 10.

The only explaination I can see is that the leader is just commanding. as to why he don't need to capture one himself, I have no idea.

7. Dark Uchiha

can be the 10th if u wanted it to be is the statue they sealing the bijuus into
    that can be represented as teh "10th"

*edit there is only nine eyes in the statue 4, on each side and one in the middle

8. Chee

As well, I mean that I don't need to put bunch of facts in my post.
    If Kishi added another bijuu in the middle of the series, it would confuse quite a few people. Its bad story-telling altogther. No facts needed.

9. warrior1000

Maybe there are only nine eyes, because they need the nine bijuus first, so there is no need for a 10th eye.

10. Janglemouse

in my theory entitled, "a creation of mythology" i suggest that there are 10 Akatsuki members representing the 10 judges of hell. and i support this with lots of proof Why 10? WHy Bijuu? Why Red Clouds? What is the statue?

11. Shanksx

1. In japanese mythology there is 9 tailed beast and it's pretty damn certain kishimoto is following up on that as well.
    2. Pretty stupid following the 9tailkid if there was anyone with an even more powerful bijuu within himself.
    3. 10 members probably because the AL didn't think he should be forced to capture a jinchuriki:p. OR since there's 10 rings which seems to have an important role 10 members were necessary.

12. Bishop

There are 10 members to stand on each finger of the bujii extraction machine. They have a ring that represents the figer they stand on.Notice the leader told Hidan and Kakuzu to come to the extraction place to take out the bujji from the 3 tail person.

13. Kinjishi

Ten Fingers on the statue=Ten Akatsuki Rings=Ten Akatsuki members

14. Spanish Hoffkage

Chiyo said there was 9 bijuus. the ten rings sems to be related with the statue and the way they need to seal bijuus.

15. Sasori

They drew straws and one of them got the fake ring.

16. Bishop

Well I think the AL's ring is stronger and more significant than the others. It use to be 10 people but Oro left and no one ever took his spot so his/her ring lays there

17. jyu12

10 fingers= 10 rings, the rings have to have signifigance because deidara was desperately looking for the ring after his fight with kakashi

18. Mikazuki no Mai

As other people are stating, the whole idea of 10 members was for the sealing process. Having the 10 members just made it a whole lot easier for them to seal the Bijuus.

Notice when they gather for the first time in 7 years, someone says it was going to take a lot longer without Orochimaru.

19. Continuity

The inherent flaw with this question is the assumption that the number of members is supposed to correlate to the number of Bijuu.

If humans had 20 fingers, for all we know we'd have a 20 fingered statue, 20 rings, and 20 Akatsuki members. We can't be sure what the exact point of having the rings means or what the statue's complete purpose is. What we do know is that there are 9 Bijuu. Just because we were introduced to 9 Akatsuki members in the beginning, people assumed the two were directly connected, but there was never any evidence of that in the first place.

Allow me to propose a different theory: The numbers of the Akatsuki are only important to the statue/rings and don't correlate to Bijuu numbers. Any team can capture/liberate any Bijuu and bring it to the statue for them all to seal. Certain teams are selected because of environmental knowledge or abilities to make the capturing process smoother, but is not necessary. For example, Sasori knew the land of Sand better than any of them, yet Deidara fought Gaara/Ichibi, he also fought Sanbi. What are we to speculate from that? The members aren't assigned specific Bijuu for any deeper reason than possibly convenience.

20. Mikazuki no Mai

I agree with you up to this part. Yeah the correlation between bijuu and the number of Akatsuki members is irrelevant. But I believe each team is assigned to 2 bijuus. Yes Deidara fought 2 bijuus. One was his, and the other was supposed to be Sasori's but ended up being Tobi's.

I doubt we will see these 2 searching for any bijuu soon. As Kakuzu and Hidan already caught one they are looking for the next.

I know a few have already caught some. I believe they already have 5? So we know this:

Ichibi= Deidara
    Nibi= Kakuzu or Hidan (most likely hidan since he did most of the fighting)
    Sanbi= Tobi

The other 1-2 bijuu that have been captured I have no details on who caught them and which they are.

21. Continuity

Of course it's all theory and speculation, I don't mind what others think, but it just seems odd that Akatsuki would restrain themselves for no apparent reason. If they were limiting themselves to certain Bijuu, especially a specific one for each person... why work in teams of two in the first place? It did seem as though Hidan did most of the work against Nibi, from what little we saw, but then what could be the justification of having him do that if it weren't just how the events happened to play out? What I mean is, their goal seems to involve capturing the Bijuu, and sealing them in the statue, we don't know why yet, but that is the goal. What would it matter if Kakuzu or even the remaining 8 for that matter ganged up on it if they needed to?

Besides, when Deidara and Tobi saw the Sanbi, it was clear by Tobi's words that he wasn't told to fight it all by himself for some special reason. He says things like "I'll leave this guy to you, Deidara-senpai", "Since this guy's a water-type, wouldn't it have been better to let Kisame-san deal with it!?" Deidara tells him also "Tobi...You've become the newest member of Akatsuki so you do it!" Doesn't sound like a special hidden purpose to me, besides Deidara ended up defeating it... so what now, Akatsuki go home, plan ruined?

Again, I just think their goal is to bring home the Bijuu, what does it matter who does the work? I think that even if Deidara and Tobi stumble onto Naruto somehow, they won't just back off and say "Whoops, we weren't assigned to him, better run away."

22. warrior1000

i get your guys point that maybe the akatsuki number had nothing to do with the bijus, but than we have to think that the akatsuki's motive is not to seal bijuus with in themselves but something else because if it was 10 members, 9 bijuus would create a problem wiih in the akatsulki. It does not take alot of brain powere to figuire out that 1 member is left out.

Than maybe orochimaru left on purpose and the Al and orochimaru are in the league together, but that is an whole other theory.

23. geG

There are not 10 Bijuu.

24. Continuity

That's what I'm saying though, there was never any evidence to suggest the Akatsuki were sealing Bijuu within themselves now or later. All we know for sure is they are sealing them all in a statue. Who knows what they will do when all 9 are in the statue? I think sealing individual Bijuu into themselves would be about the least probable though.

25. Janglemouse

i have written a theory in which i explain that the akatsuki members are the 10 judges of hell

26. DJ-Kage

They certainly don't seem to be in a hurry to get Oro's ring back.

27. Rhaella

I'm pretty sure, though, that they're of the mentality that that ring is there for the grabbing whenever they want to go get it. It's not as if they've got really great members-in-waiting. Look at their newest recruit... :S

28. Aman

Haven't read the other posts, but I think that each member needs one ring, which is why they became 9 members when Orochimaru left. Also explains why Tobi wanted Sasori's ring.

29. DJ-Kage

Are you doubting the goodness of Tobi?????

30. Janglemouse

there are 10 members to symbolize the 10 judges of hell who are trying to attain the ultimate power and ultimately judge the world.

Chibi FC