1. Hello Guest,

The Konoha Country Club is hosting its first Poetry Competition!
    The theme of the competition is "What does friendship mean to you?"

If you are interested in entering, please click here.

-- NarutoForums Staff
    Dismiss Notice

2. The second Alley Banner contest is finally here! Come check it out here for details
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

6. Give NF the love she deserves! Join the NF-chan drawing contest and draw NF as NF-chan now!
    Earn some prizes... and maybe hugs and kisses from the forum herself?!
    CLICK HERE
    Dismiss Notice
  7. [​IMG]

House of Uzumaki has a new banner contest! Please, check here for details.

Dismiss Notice

Why are some kids better than AnBu?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by den_27, Jun 1, 2007.

1. den_27 custom title

i dont know if this has already been said but its been buggin me that they seem to send out a bunch of kids with naruto to take down the big bad akutsuki instead of ummm i dont know maybe the elite anbu who are suppose to be the sh*t of the village and could pwn people in an instant.

Anyone has any idea please shed some light on this for me.

Tags:
  2. GyulaDrake Member

thats because Kishimoto is better than his fans... (Kishi was cool but now the manga is rushed... the fanfictions are better). ANBU was in the beginning a big rank, now some chuunin are better O.o
    its simple XD

3. Nuzents The Magnus

don't forget ninja's get payed, and the price to track down an Akatsuki member is high. Tsunade still is trying to cut cost to repay loans, so she sends 1 anbu, 1 jounin, and 4 chunnins and 1 genin, and root. This is a lot cheaper so she can still gamble...

i dunno, but you want to see the kids, you get the kids. Plus, the ANBU couldn't handle the sound 4 and the kids did, so you tell me. I remember when Oroc was escaping and the spider guy caught the anbu in his thread with ease, but neji a genin beat him at the end.

4. den_27 custom title

kishi is really gettin on my last nerve with his bullshit character plots and match-ups now. i bet im gonna see Hinata go SS or something

5. Das0 New Member

6. mortalone Member

ANBU are just nameless people without masks, so nobody cares about them.

Honestly though, I agree with you. It would be one thing if the former rookies were portrayed as being unusually powerful for their ranks, but that's not universally true. Some of them are, but by and large they don't seem like anything special. What did Ino do against Kakuzu? Nothing... She shouldn't have been there. If they needed a medic, a more skilled fighter like Shizune would have been preferable.

It's just Plot no Jutsu at work.

7. durtycheese jiraiya=fail

we had a thread about this already, of how doors are stronger than anbu.

8. Orochimaru-sama Sannin Inconceivable!

It's because "those kids" know a secret technique, a powerful advantage over the ninja of ANBU. It can pwn everyone from Kakuzu to Orochimaru, and in the future, Itachi.
    Spoiler:
    Plot-no-Jutsu!
    :narsengan
    :naruramen

9. Tempest oh poop

because ANBU = fodder nin besides Yamato.

KWGoD just makes up for the lack of win that ANBU doesn`t have.

10. Noble Avenger Champs Bitch

Sasuke and Neji are understandable, because they were the prodigies and the creme of the crop. Neji, thus, is a jounin and Sasuke would be had he remained.

Shika was a prodigy as well, in his own way. He was the first chuunin for a reason.

So that's all good and dandy. The three "geniuses" have surpassed Anbu.

Naruto is the main character. Only explanation

None of the other rookies have shown themselves to be > Anbu. Sakura's medical jutsu doesn't make her an S-Rank combatant.

So the only one that needs "explanation" is Naruto. And he's the main character, so just deal with it.

11. Kayo ?

Don't come up with reasons please, it's clearly PNJ.

12. crimsoninja15 Member

There are only nine of them. But i get your point.

THOSE DAMN KIDS! :amuse

13. The Fourth Hokage Shinobi Perfection

it's simple: ANBU isn't a rank its a position. There are chuunin and jounin in ANBU. Oh and ANBU never owned anyone. ANBU lost its status when the Sound 4 took a few out. Since then it's been all about the new generation surpassing everyone.

14. MikeDelfino Kisame fanboy

Well, Sakura is Tsunade's trainee, and if Tsunade taught her nearly everything she knew, Sakura IS good by now...

Plus, the other "rookies" in one way or another are all from famous clans, like Shino with his Aburame clan and Chouji from the Akamichi... i don't know if Kiba's clan is really famous, tho..

15. Fang Titan

ANBU are made of fail. They get burned by big, scary, purple walls and catch fire.

16. ibanez_iceman New Member

18. Sagamore Kagekage

19. bobo Super Awesome

20. kaiden Guest

Because the main characters like naruto,sasuke,neji,etc.,are suppose to be strong.And anbu are crappy ninjas anyway.

21. ShadowHeart5 New Member

At first I thought a possible explanation for ANBU sucking was because they were trained by the Uchihas....but then I figured some of you might point out ANBU didnt assosciate with the konoha military police (aka the Uchiha clan). So its forced me to come up with a new explanation....

Before the time of Sasuke and Itachi there was an Uchiha by the name of Frank. Frank was special, even by uchiha standards, but not special as in awesome....special as in special ed. Frank's retardism was looked down upon by the clan, thus he was ostrocized. One day a distraught high ranking ANBU official was walking along and thinking to himself "ANBU is teh sux, we n33d some1 who could make us phull of win.....we n33d aN Uchiha." Just then the ANBU official spots Frank in the distance, running around in circles, chasing himself.

The ANBU officer smiles gleefully as he approaches the retarded Uchiha boy and says "Hey Uchiha how would you like to be a trainer at ANBU?" Frank momentarily stops chasing himself to look at the guy. Drool starts to fall from his mouth....and five seconds after he agrees, he wets himself. After that day, every shinobi to enter ANBU was trained personally by Frank...thus explaining why they fight like retards. [Truth]

22. narutocousin Naruto who? HA! HA! HA!

I get disappointed when ninja rank and title doesn't match with a ninja's powerlevel........oops, i mean chakra level. no wait....when their chakra level doesn't match their powerlevel.....darn......i've done confused myself.

23. Circe WONGA

Well, how interesting would the story be if unnamed ANBU members took care of the baddies while Naruto and his lot were 'livin' it up' in Konoha?

Why the Akatsuki members are being pwnt so easily: PnJ. 'Nuff said.

24. Isuzu sense of humor

Damn, poor ANBU. No one likes them anymore. -.-

25. Frostman G.O.A.T (Greatest of all Time)

They do send out elite shinobi Anbu. Kakashi Yamato and Sai(Sai was said to be very telented). Add them with Naruto and Sakura who want to only do Sasuke/Akatsuki related missions and it makes sence.

26. Circe WONGA

Anyone else want miss the Danzou plot? ._.

27. Chocochip COOKIE

It is to show the effect of Naruto himself and how he encouraged people to not go down on themselves and show that his presence makes people work harder than ever and that the new generation kids can actually be something. I think it is retarded.

28. whitefang21 Kage

its becuz the next generation will always surpass the previous, so in order to surpass a already strong generation you must be great in the begining...

29. The Fourth Hokage Shinobi Perfection

I brought this up a long time ago....yes I do miss that plot. Kishi leaves a lot of things hanging.

30. AnbuMonk Member

maybe i watched the history channels star wars 30th special one too many times but its the classic heroes journey. all the next gen nin are on the quest. the major characters like kakashi, gai, the 5th and others are the mentors and oro, and al are the bad guys. which would make anbu the stomtroopers. totally cool but completely expendible. think about it... hahahaha