1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Why are there soo many riots in France right now?

Discussion in 'The NF Café' started by memback, Nov 14, 2005.

1. memback Fear My Elbows Of Doom!!!!!!!!

Well in the recent news on tv i have seen images of riots in France.

But I havent gotten any word as to why the people of France or rioting and burning cars. What made them soo upset, if you know plz inform me it just vexes me to not know why there is civil unrest eventhough its not in my country.:blink :amazed

Tags:
  2. camus Absolute Zero

because they don't have the U.S to babysit them anymore, I don't think France will ever be old enough to take care of itself.

3. camus Absolute Zero

well, i guess I owe you a serious answer. Well its mostly because of the inequalities that the migrants there were facing and apperantly those kids that died electrecuted while they thought or actually were being chased by cops, who knows. So that incident snaped all tension into chaos and there you have it, i guess the migrants there were really getting shafted to be rioting for this long and this intesly.

4. furious styles ☆☆☆☆☆

i love your username, camus.

5. Meijin Smile

There's riots in Russia, Liberia, and even Argentina. It's because humans are fighting and will always fight and war and riot.

6. zionforsell Member

A lot of political powers took advantage of the riots going on in France. They annouced that France had FAILED as a model of liberation. They say the French freedom philosophy has no stand now because there is riots!!! I think that's bull****. All those people just wait for a chance to reasonalize their actions! Just because there is riot doesn't mean the whole idea is wrong!

7. kitti かれん&#1235

okies.... very very very very complicated!

it sparked off when two teenagers/young men were running away from the police, they ran onto an electrical transformer = died.
    they were running ( i was told) because the police were checking their ID. in frace you have to carry it, if you don't you could be asked to show it within two days, or you're arrested if they think you don't actually own any or something like that (according to my french teacher)

thing is, most imigrents are descriminated against, so are likely to be arrested. They're all stuck in the suburbs in bad housing and even after multiple generations they're still not fully accepted by all french people....
    you can understand where some of the tensions come from now?

8. kitti かれん&#1235

if i've missed anything or got something slightly wrong then just tell me ~

9. Encronian Watcher

i think the major cause of any form of riot or rebellion all in the end boils down to "tension". what i mean is that people can only be pushed too far before all the tension and other stresses in life causes them to snap. inequality, differing opinions there are many things that add to the build and once a persons normal sensibilities break down theres very little that can be done to calm things back to normal.

10. zionforsell Member

Hmmm.... it is pretty absurd if after generations, immigrants are still rejected by French people. It is weird. I thought that the French is evry tolerant toward minorities. Is this discrimination point toward Afghanistans (or however you spell it) alone or toward every minorities as well? (Like African, Asian,...)

11. memback Fear My Elbows Of Doom!!!!!!!!

Thank you all.

Thanks for all of you sharing your value of information. Especialy you kitti.

Know that i have somwhat of a grasp of what is going on i feal more releived.

Also I figured out that i have heard about this before i just didnt hear the entire story.:)

12. Naruto Kai The English Hokage

Imigrents should not be in any other country they go to others and try to change the way we live....or at least thats wat happens over here

13. zionforsell Member

I'm sorry I don't get what you mean. So wat you think is that immigrants should not be welcome??? That when they come, they change the way things are? And that's why discrimination against them is acceptable? Is that what you mean? God bless humanity if you mean so!

14. Khyper You bastard

Because the french suck ass.

15. Trinity coffins: the ultimate and final ravioli

but the question really is

why are there so many french people in riots