1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

Why Deku vs Kattchan is better rivalry than Naruto vs Sasuke

Discussion in 'My Hero Academia' started by Sword Sage, Dec 20, 2018.

1. Skaddix Well-Known Member

It works like this Vegeta (Alpha), Krillin (Beta), Yamcha (Cuck).

Ergo Bakugou is Vegeta and Krillin is Beta to be a cuck you got be cool with a guy banging your girl.
    So if @Tayimus favorite ship of Ochako and Bakugou ever goes down and Deku is cool with it then Deku is a cuck.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  2. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Naruto and Sasuke never really had a rivalry, at least not a reciprocal one. The few moments during the early series where they would practice the same techniques is the closest it ever got. Despite it not being reciprocal, the narrative was setting them up to be rivals, they both would achieve new levels, one upping each other despite the fact that there had been 0 communication between them. So the rivalry did succeed in that way.

Deku and Bakugo never stuck in that same way, but their is reciprocal feelings on the matter. Deku looked up to Bakugo and wanted to be like him and Bakugo's insecurities would flare up around Deku, narratively its much closer to a actual rivalry. The biggest problem is that once it progressed to its natural conclusion with both being on far better terms, Horikoshi wrote Bakugo out of the story, he has only had minor roles since the second fight, Bakugo is not getting enough on his end. Of course this could just be a here and now thing, pretty sure Naruto would go a long period of time without focusing on sauce.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2018
  3. Skaddix Well-Known Member

Yeah but that makes more sense cause once Sasuke left the Village, him and Naruto were rarely in the same location until the end of War Arc....

Whereas is there a good reason that Bakugou dominates on the gym field but does nothing when an actual villain steps up? I mean yeah there is a reason he is not there usually but the reason is not usually as good as Sauce being on the run working for the bad guys. Basically Naruto and Sasuke beating up on say Pain together makes no sense at that point in the manga. Does Bakugou really have to miss the Save Eri Arc?

4. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Not just a better rivalry, but a better friendship as well!

• Funny Funny x 10
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  5. nitebaron Member

I really loved the Naruto - Sasuke rivalry in Part I. It felt so natural, Naruto, the kid without a talent, tamed strength or any former training wanting to be like someone who's said to be a genius and is top of the class. Sasuke later getting annoyed for Naruto closing the gap between them is very much like Bakugo starting to get annoyed because of Izuku becoming stronger. What I prefer about MHA is that Izuku and Kacchan were REAL childhood friends. At the end of (canon) part I, the Naruto & Sasuke friendship felt very forced, they spent like half a year together and before that they never talked. in MHA there was some real childhood bond. In Part II I didn't even see the rivalry. Sasuke didn't care anymore and Naruto's "I need to save my friend" felt unreasonable, so I guess, I agree with you.

6. EVERY SINGLE DAY!!! DON'T LOSE YOUR WAY!!!

Seriously tho, the water tank scene was pure rivalry kino.

:bury

Regardless of the unfortunate floundering of the Naruto V Sasuke thing afterwards, nothing I've seen between the Bakugo V Deku rivalry has quite "rivaled" that moment. You had a good amount of buildup, seeing them both develop and hone their special moves over time. Not to mention seeing Sasuke's frustrations accumulate as the joke of a ninja Naruto kept one-upping him left and right. He tried to act above him for so long, and to see that mask fall off with some self-satisfied smugness after he saw he had the bigger waterspout. Then he flips to the back of the tower and sees what Naruto really did and is completely shook. That shit was great.

7. Milliardo G.L.P.

Joke of a Ninja? He mastered jutsu easily and had Kyuubi.

That water tank shit never even made sense why would the hole be smaller than the Rasengan? Lol I thought it was stupid.

8. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

Naruto was never a joke of a ninja who are we trying to fool here:hestonpls? In the first chapter alone he steals a forbidden scroll in front of the hokage and sneaked away from him and some elite jonin. He learns said forbidden jutsu in hours beats the shit out of essentially another academy teacher. Beats the shit out of and captures Sasuke a few chapters later and continues learning s rank jutsu in no time. Now that I think about it he more than likely would have won the bell test by himself against Kakashi if he focused on grabbing the bell while he was caught off guard instead of trying to sock him in the face. And this aint even counting nine tails chakra which will bail him out of anything. Underdog joke my ass it doesn't work even with the first chapter:hestonpls.

9. Lord Trollbias Just Another Hero

How is Krillin a Beta when he banging Android 18?

10. Ye Xiu Admanistrator

Naruto is as much of an underdog as Deku

"I have to work harder than anyone else"

:kobeha

11. Tayimus Number One

Ochako with Bakugou isn't my favorite ship. I actually don't have a favorite one anymore since I don't like DekuChako as much as I used to. Ships fall into two categories. One, I don't like them, with varying levels. And two, I do like them, and they're all pretty much the same level.

Still a Beta. Android 18 is the Alpha in that relationship. :bookerskully

12. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

But we're talking Sasuke's perception and from early on he looked at Naruto as an idiot scrub and a dead last (pretty much the view of the entire academy). He couldn't get beyond this perception and every time Naruto proved him wrong it irked Sasuke all the more. In this way the rivalry relationship is similar to that of Izuku and Bakugo.

I do think there is a difference in that early on when they were little kids Baku accepted Deku as a part of his gang--they were hardly 'besties' but they did get along to some extent (I'm sure Bakugo accepted anyone who thought highly of him) until Baku got his quirk and a swelled head. Then it became a fun game to pick on the weaker around him and the sensitive and quirkless Izuku became a prime target. Sasuke wanted nothing to do with anyone after the Uchiha massacre and certainly did not begin to consider Naruto a a worthy comrade until around the time that they practiced tree climbing together in the Hidden Mist arc.

13. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

This thank you
    Both deku/bakugou and naruto/sasuke are poorly written rivalries
    The fact the niggas wanna make a competition of which shit smells better than the other is laughable:hestonpls

Last edited: Dec 24, 2018
  14. TrueG 37 Well-Known Member

I'd say at least they don't make Bakugou and Izuku seem like best friends but apparently All Might has been getting brain damage or some shit. Like I don't get it I wasn't exactly the most talkative person at Izuku's age but anyone who would bully me the same way Bakugou did(not much personal experience on this admittedly) will be dealt with at least some form of an ass kicking. Explosion powers or otherwise, I sure as shit wouldn't start admiring them for it :hestonpls.

15. Claudio Swiss Well-Known Member

I don’t understand why niggas wanna act like there relationship is healthy it’s literally deku worshipping a guy who treated him like shit from elementary to high school
    I guess Fujo dollars are at work here

16. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Well, when you think about it, Deku did actually attempt to stand up to Bakugo in defense of another kid Baku was bullying and got a pounding from Bakugo and the rest of his gang for his trouble (a beatdown that a small quirkless kid like Deku had no chance of countering). I think that had a lasting impact on the four year old and probably was when he split from the Baku gang.

Still, Deku admired Baku's power and his dominant personality (so different from Izuku's own less confrontational nature) and that has continued even though it is obvious that they have not been 'friends' for a long time. I also think that Deku's continued use of the nickname Kacchan is a hold over from back in those early years and is more habit than anything. I still call my brother Billy even though he is over 60.

17. baski Baski

Both relationships are not rivalries and both are pretty garbage.

Bakugou's relationship with everyone in general is pretty poorly written. I feel like the author just forces him down our throats as some kind of "asshole savant" where every shitty thing he says or does is somehow magically intended for some good purpose and thus excusable. It's not much better than Sasuke's retarded shenanigans tbh. Everyone else also seems to have some minor version of Deku's Stockholm Syndrome when it comes to him too, even All Might.
    I mean wtf does "Watch me, Deku! You little shithead!" even mean?!

At least Sasuke was somewhat respectful to people in part 1, which would sort of justify the early admiration Naruto had for him.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2018
  18. baski Baski

I mean....do you have any reason to believe that Deku wouldn't be that shameless? Aside from the fact that he hasn't had the chance to do so? I mean looking at Deku's constant fawning over Bakugou, it seems to me like exactly what he would do. He clearly believes Bakugou to be his version of "the coolest guy". It's really not that hard to see him being in massive denial as to Bakugou's motives for joining AFO if such a thing should happen. Something stupid like "Kacchan is just infiltrating the enemy to get info for us heroes. Yeah that's it. So that's why we have to rescue him. Yeah that's it."
    I mean the dude had to emphasize that Kirishima be the one to stick out his hand when they saved Bakugou from the LOV, acknowledging that Bakugou would rather die than be saved by Deku. It's really not that much of a stretch to imagine him forgiving Bakugou for multiple murder attempts, especially given it's a manga and characters do retarded things all the time.

19. Luck Magic Pudding

Bruh, Ketchup and Mayonnaise have a better rivalry than Naruto and Sasuke

20. HekonoHero Banned

Isn't Naruto always depicted cuckubg Sasuke in japanese/western fan media more than the other way aroubd. Even the media played Sakura's feelings for Sasuke as a joker compared to Naruto sometimes.

21. mob Ningen destroyer

I would probably give this manga another chance if that wimpy faggot really got killed :mjlol

22. PwnGoatVSPandaman Narutoforums is cancer.

Neither is good though.

23. Tayimus Number One

How'd you get here?

24. mob Ningen destroyer

This thread made my Deku hate sense tingle :catstalk

25. Gunstarvillain Endless One

Deku seems less of chasing the d like naruto did but more like a weakling learning to be hardcore period

The end.

26. Ashi cool beanz

Soooo you dropped it without ever knowing that Deku comes into his own and with surprisingly level of confidence after the first season?

• Plus Ultra Plus Ultra x 1
    • List
  27. Morglay .

Both relationships are trash with characters who don't understand the basic mechanics of human relationships.

The most normal thing that happened in either was Sasuke calling Naruto weird and telling him to stop stalking him. (Paraphrasing but gist of it.)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  28. Tayimus Number One

Y'all need some Aster/Yuno in your lives. :Mshad

29. Milliardo G.L.P.

That perfectly describes little Baku. :urahaha

30. Mr. Black Leg The Ordeal of Love

Naruto had a feeling for Sasuke, that he should not have in any way. It felt too forced.

Like, let's take for example, One Piece. Each and every member would never abandom Luffy during the TS because 1 - Each ones was saved in their own way by Luffy, some more literally and clear cut (Zoro was about to executed) and some more emotionally (Franky needed closing on some issues with Iceburg and Tom). 2 - They each have their own dream and 3 - They know what kind of man Luffy is and what he'll achieve.

Now let's compare with Nardo, who hyperventilates with the mere word " Sasuke " and that is because ... They were assigned in the same team and completed some missions. I mean they weren't close. They didn't love each other. Of course, in the battlefield they would do anything to keep their team mates alive and keep them safe. Sasuke was generally a jerk to Nardo out of that though. So, it felt way too much forced the whole " I'm gonna bring Sasuke back ". And I know, it is because of a promise, but damn m8, Nardo acted like Sasuke and he were friends for years, when in reality they barely spoke and Sasuke only did things to Nardo out of either spite or because it was the ninja thing to do. The filler in Nardo actually make the " bond " waaaaaaaaaaaay deeper and way more apparent and credible.