1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Come join the RP Section for the monthly world (universe?) creation contest. This month's theme is space opera.

So charge the hyperdrive, power up the plasma cannons, and set sail for new worlds!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Check out the NF Awards! Nominate your favorite posters!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The World Cup is about to begin, which means it’s time to start proudly repping your country. We’ve created a special new feature for you guys exclusively for this big event! Click here to learn more!!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the latest Newsletter!

Click here
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The future of the Cafe Subsections is up to you. Vote here to make your voice heard!"

Click here
    Dismiss Notice

Why Did Neji's progression slow down?

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Rational1955, May 10, 2018.

Why Did Neji's progression slow down?

1. He Got Lazy

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. His Potential wasn't that high

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. He Was Never that good of a fighter

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. He progressed normally just not as much as Gaara, Sasuke, and Naruto

4 vote(s)
    33.3%
  5. Other

8 vote(s)
    66.7%
  1. Rational1955 Well-Known Member

Most people considered him a genius fighter in part 1 but he didn't learn anything in part 2 save vacuum palm. I thought his goal was never to be beaten again? What the hell happened?

Tags:
  2. Polandfan Time to retire from NF. "This is it"

I think that there are two main reasons for that fact:
    1.In comparision to MS, Akatsuki and Naruto's powers he became literally weak. Look at fight with Kisame.
    2.He abandoned his path(hating main branch of the Clan) and it affected that he became more sociable and was training less.

3. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I think a mix of 1 and 2. He relied heavily on Hyuga jutsu which could only take him so far. But he was much less driven to achieve his goals than the other standouts from the Chunin exams (Gaara, Naruto and Sasuke). I wouldn't say he was lazy exactly, but he had less reason to push himself to great extremes to get stronger. While Gaara had the pressure of being Kazekage, the defender of his village. Sasuke would do almost anything in order to surpass Itachi. And Naruto would push train even harder just to keep up with Sasuke and become Hokage.

Neji had already settled in his role as a branch family member and was confident that he was a genius and the most talented Hyuga.

4. Trolling Well-Known Member

I remember somewhere, I think it was in the DB, it was said that Neji focused more on teamwork. Don't quote me on this, I could be wrong.

5. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

Well, Neji wasn't learning anything broken or outside the realm of human powers like Sage Mode or kyuubi chakra mode. So, that's how Naruto got ahead of him.

Unlike Sasuke, he didn't spend 3 years getting drugs injected in his butt by a sannin like Sasuke, nor did he get a magical nature energy mark that gives out a Senjutsu power boost when activated. So, that's how Sasuke got ahead of him.

As far as we can tell, Neji had not mastered juken to the same degree as Hiashi. So, overall, Neji kept up with Sasuke and Naruto up until the point when those two started getting power boost that were not available for anyone else and that were not simply the result of their own hard work.

Neji was a normal character while Sasuke and Naruto were main characters. Sakura didn't even get treated as well as those two.

6. Djomla Magic Emperor

Cause he is neither an Uchiha nor an Uzumaki. Which is kinda bad cause Huyga were really interesting. Both the fighting prowess and their history.

I remember during CE when that clan was a really big thing. I was convinced Neji would become one of the main side characters.

But once the time skip kicked in, it was all about Sasuke, Naruto and Kakashi/Jiraiya with Sakura getting occasional spotlight.

7. Rational1955 Well-Known Member

It doesn't make sense the genius of the Hyuga clan learned his best technique when he was still a preteen. Why call Neji a genius then?

8. Dean Ambrose Boy.

Germany, Mexico
    Catdank Faction:
    his destiny was to be sacrificed for NH :bury

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  9. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

The guy that used 5th Gate to blow up the chunin exam arena was still calling Neji the strongest genin at the exams. He was the only rookie to advance to jonin level (besides Sasuke, but Sasuke was basically on steroids for 3 years) and Neji was able to perfectly reproduce a 64 hit taijutsu combo just by watching someone else do it, without instruction. So, he can do what the Sharingan is fapped to for being able to do, as a preteen.

Juken never seemed like we saw everything it had to offer. We saw a couple moves and didn't see much else due to Neji, Hinata, and Hiashi having no real fights for the entirety of shippuden. There's no way to know what the actual best move of the Hyuuga is since the existence of three secret juken moves would indicate that there are even more secret moves that should be available.

For one, Neji and Hinata weren't taught air palm until their late teens. So, even with his talent, there seem to be jutsu that he wasn't able to learn by the chunin exams in part 1. Which is kind of a plot hole. You'd think he had mastered all basic juken had to offer and that's why he had decided to steal the better jutsu that the main branch keep secret, but he must have wanted to show off instead.

10. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

I wouldn't go that far. Tsunade, Gaara and Shikamaru and quite a few other Part 1 protagonists got a lot of screentime. Hidan and Kakuzu was basically Shikamaru's Arc. But Kishi had to continuously make room for new characters too. Like A & Bee, Sai, Chiyo etc. Half the chunin exam arc characters were focused on in Part 2, half never became more than minor characters.
    Frankly outside of filler arcs, OPs and EDs half of the Konoha 11 weren't even set up to be that important in the first place. Neji seemed like and Arc villain who should have been killed off in the Sasuke Retrieval Arc after his story had been told.

11. Maxlee Warm bed

Neji seemed indeed like an arc villain by the time the 3rd chuunin exams rolled out, only rivaled by Gaara of who of the two was the biggest evil bitch at that time.

You had this sort of setup where our MC hád to defeat Neji, otherwise his whole "I'll revenge ya!" act he did for Hinata would have meant nothing, likewise the hardwork vs talent theme that was still going strong at that time would have scored a +1 for the opposing-the-MC-team and losing against Neji would have also put a massive dent in his whole "I'll become the strongest Hokage d00d ever" dream.

This should have been basic 101 writing where Naruto undergoes vicious training, where both Naruto and his mentor NEED to defeat Neji. You'd have Naruto and Jiraiya side by side at their ramen shop, with Naruto crying his eyes out, because deep inside he knows that Neji is a living untouchable god, while Naruto himself doesn't actually even qualify as a scrapyard underdog, he was a cute little puppy that could bark a little. You could see Jiraiya understand the ambition and emotion of the young boy and proceed to wake Naruto up 5 am the next morning for some vicious anti-Hyuuga training.

Instead what we got? Kakashi is like lolz here Jiraiya do something with him, I don't care, I think I found my lost son in Sasuke, that shit is totally rad, maybe you can connect to Naruto too on a father-son level. Sakura? Yeah I think I saw her walking by a couple hours ago ... shouldn't she be in my team? I HAVE A TEAM?

And then Jiraiya felt like hella uninterested this whole little training montage, where he kept spying on women and generally not doing anything while he wanted Naruto to practice .... summoning f*cking frogs?? A whole training segment to learn summoning, a trick Naruto in the end didn't even use in his battle with Neji?!

No wonder during this time my hardon fandom interest in Naruto started to fade pretty fast.

And what did Kakashi teach Sasuke? A convenient tool to murder assassin someone's ass to death so that they die in 1 hit. Yeah that'll work for a psychologically troubled youngster that has to be kept from straying into the shadowy paths of revenge, in the process becoming a monser villain yourself! Well done Kakashi, what a useful jutsu for these rascal genins! Next time Sasuke and Chouji have a heated argument over food in the cantina, Chouji will swell up in his meat tank air balloon form to push Sasuke away. Only for Sasuke to activate chidori and do the classic evil eyes scary stare "you want me to MURDER you, you big fat F*CK?" Very nice Kakashi, sensei points for you.

Anyway, Neji was total evil scumbag villain in his fight with Naruto, when the two of them actually powerlevel 9000 clash against eachother with Naruto using ninetail-hax, you actually have Neji legit still standing after the following explosion, while Naruto had to, in a last ditch effort, crawl through the f*cking dirt and mud like the little worm that he is and down+HeavyPunch Neji in the manjaw.

Then Neji's uncle comes in and is like, yeah I've been meaning to tell you for years and years that I myself didn't actually personally murder your father to dead so that people die, it was actually his own choice to die, and he loves you more greater than any father would for a son. Sorry for the depression trauma angst I caused ya. Here to make up for it I'll let you train with cute little Hinata in my backyard, *teehee*

Then Neji somewhat dissapears and by the time he helps rescue Sasuke most people agree his apparent death here would have worked wonderful to end his story arc and tie a neat bow around it. But like I and others speculate, having him and Chouji die would have pushed Sasuke further towards unredeemable, which is something the author tried to avoid.

Speaking of rescuing Sasuke, shouldn't the whole of part II actually been the reverse? With Sasuke chasing after Naruto? I mean our little blonde god stud of a man befriends every man woman and child wherever he goes and everyone wants a piece of dat ass. So you have Sasuke chase after Naruto, please Naruto I want to make up, I think I love you.

No you f*ck, you left Konoha on your own volition and you made Sakura pass out and be all worried and stressed to hell. You are a jerk and I can't trust you and be your friend anymore, you should have asked us for help dude.

But Naruto I'm so jealous of what you and Gaara have between you two, it gives me chest pain and my heart hurts uwaaa please I'm so sorry, it was because of Orochimaru and Itachi and Tobi and Obito and Madara and Uchiha and these beautiful eyes of mine that deserve to be with you when you wake up in the morning :love

Well .... we could try relationship counseling....

Anyway what were we talking about? Neji dropping in strength?

Yeah, because he was HEEL FACE TURNED and became another Naruto wankfest background cheerleader.

Who can blame him? No one resists da blonde boi!

oh geez look at the time

• Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  12. Yagami1211 The Mad Dog of Shimano !

Neji was at the peak of Hyuuga learning curve at 12. What was left for him ?

13. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

But, in that case, shouldn't Gaara also be dead?

If not after being redeemed, then in the rescue Gaara arc in shippuden? But Gaara instead went on to be one of the strongest Kage and Naruto's best Kage friend.

Anyway, the point is more that, even though Neji survived, he showed no new abilities or talent besides a single jutsu, vacuum palm, that Hinata also learned. So, that doesn't contribute to his genius title.

Being the youngest jonin shows his talent, but there's nothing else after that. Which, that promotion is technically attributed to the time skip and not shippuden itself.

14. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

His kaiten was still a lot smaller than Hiashi's. So, that represents a benchmark for him to meet. Which, his kaiten was equal with Hiashi's in war arc, except it kind of looked like Kishi made Hiashi's kaiten smaller to match Neji's.

Other than that, the obvious thing for Neji's growth is for Kishi to make new juken techniques just like he made more clan jutsu for all the other rookies. Which he didn't because Hiashi's big jutsu was just using air palm with two hands at once.

15. Rifulofthewest Member

All the blame is of the plot! If he stay being important in the history, he probably has a level up.

16. Kiba's Slut Boy World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

Kishi neglected most of his cast including Rock Lee and Neji (who were previously hyped up in part 1). Too many characters became irrelevant due to the heavy concentrated focus on Naruto, Sasuke and Uchihas.

17. Batzzaro29 Well-Known Member

Uchiha's gave blowjob to Kishi.

Hyuga's didn't.

18. InfiniteHiraishin Lil B's Ghostwriter

His driving force wasn’t as much as Naruto and Sasuke, as he had lost the hatred he had moulded. He also wasn’t as directly involved as much with “Madara” or the Akatsuki, so there probably wasn’t even a fraction of the same amount of urgency characters like N&S.

19. Buuhan Hokage of the Six Paths

Its very simple and i'll explain it. Part 1 Naruto was heavily focused on the k12 and why they wanted to become ninjas allowing for a lot more character development with world building sprinkled in. Part 2 however delved more into lore and story progression leaving less room for other characters to be built up. Im guessing a combination of time, and quotas made it so that a lot of side characters faded into the background more so than they should have.

20. PradyumnaR Lord Second

Aaah.... Uchiha fap fap fap.... Sharingan fap fap fap.... Madara fap fap fap....SSasuke fap fap fap..... Indra asura fap fap fap..... Mangekyo fap fap fap... Naruto kurama biju super six path saiyajin sword art online wwe bill Goldberg kryptonian sage mode fap fap fap....

That's why Neji had no major strength progression

21. Mister LoLz Well-Known Member

He progressed well. The show just went into the Uzumaki/Uchiha direction of power inflation towards gods from outer space and somehow Naruto and Sasuke became their descendants.

22. Ultrafragor Well-Known Member

The Hyuuga were part of the lore, though. Yet they were still never brought up despite them likely have the necessary info to contradict Black Zetsu's plans.

I think the problem, from a story perspective, is that Kishi changed the direction the story was headed several tines instead of just building on what he made.

The Senju and Uchiha were the main players, but because he could never properly explain the story of those two clans (because he kept changing their story) then he couldn't move on to explain other related topics like the Hyuuga, Uzumaki, or Kaguya clans. Nor could he explain more about nature energy, how animals have chakra, or other slightly less related elements of the story.

23. Buuhan Hokage of the Six Paths

Yeah I more or less agree. I don’t think he had a truly solid idea of what he wanted when referencing part 2. It’s one reason why the pain arc would’ve been a fitting end for naruto, but left way too many loose ends for everything else.

24. Lord Valgaav My fries

Naruto fucked him over. He lost his drive for greatness once he made peace with the main branch Hyuga and so that cut off any desire he might've had to get stronger right there. Had he continued on his path of hatred he might've unlocked some really high-level shit or at least remained interesting.

But no, Naruto fucked him just like he did Nagato and so many others.

25. Trolling Well-Known Member

Anybody know an interesting fanfic where Neji developed interesting abilities (not Tenseigan or Rinnegan though)?