1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. img
    Dragon Ball Drawing Contest: Black & White Edition.
    Deadline is on August 30th at 11pm UTC
    Dismiss Notice

Why didn't Gai pummel Kakashi into the ground?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Missing_Nin, Oct 18, 2006.

1. Missing_Nin

Hey people, I was just watching the chuunin exams again and I noticed something that Kakashi did that I find f*cked up. He copied *coughstolecough* Lee's Taijutsu and taught it to Sasuke w/o Gai's or Lee's permission. I know some of you might say that it was Sasuke who copied Lee's taijutsu, but this can't be true.

this was when he activated his Sharingan.

these are the two pages after he activated the Sharingan. Notice the only thing that happen was Lee setting up the primary lotus and nothing more, which we know later that sasuke copied it and used it on the genin dude. This doesn't tick me off because it was Lee's fault for showing his move, but Sasuke did not copy Lee's Taijutsu style in their fight. Some people might say that he copied it in the forest of death, but remember Sasuke was knocked out during Lee's fight and it wasn't till after Lee got mess up that Sasuke woke up. So he couldn't have copied Lee's taijutsu then. Also during the preliminaries Sasuke did not use Lee's taijutsu against the genin dude, only the kick that he copied.

More on the next post.

Tags:
  2. Missing_Nin

K, fast forward to the fight against Gaara.

As you can see Sasuke's taijutsu was like Lee's. Remember he didn't copy it during their first fight and Sasuke didn't use Lee's taijutsu during the preliminaries which further supports that he did not copy Lee's taijutsu yet. Now some people might say that Kakashi got Gai's permission, but the last picture contradicts that because Gai was wondering why Kakashi taught him only taijutsu. If Kakashi asked him for permission to use Lee's taijutsu Gai wouldn't be surprise at why Kakashi only taught him taijutsu. Therefore he did not know what kind of training Kakashi taught him.

The last picture contradicts what I say because Kakashi says Sasuke saw Lee in action before which is true, but remember he did not have the Sharingan activated during their entire fight. He only copied the set up for the Primary Lotus. Also, remember he did not use Lee's taijutsu during his preliminary fight against his opponent only the Primary Lotus which he copied. Kakashi you liar we know what you did (this will be in the next paragraph). I'm pretty sure he would have used Lee's taijutsu if he managed to copy it during fight because well, he used Primary Lotus. And you can't say Lee's taijutsu style was suckier than Sasuke because why the hell would he use Lee's taijutsu style against Gaara then?

So, then how did he manage to copy Lee's taijutsu in the first place. Well, remember when Lee was fighting Gaara? Sasuke was not there. Who also has the Sharingan, none other than the famouse copy-nin Kakashi. And he did lift up his forehead protector to *see Lee's moves w/ his Sharingan remember.

Okay, so here's the short summary. Sasuke did not copy Lee's taijutsu from Lee. He copied it from Kakashi who copied it from Lee. Kakashi did not have permission to teach Sasuke Lee's taijutsu style from either Gai or Lee.

So why does this kind of piss me off. Well, one of the reason is because unlike other people Lee cannot use anything else other than taijutsu. That is the only thing he has and for someone to steal his taijutsu and teach it to one of their students w/o his or his sensei's permission, well that's just messed up. It would be different if Sasuke managed to copy it from Lee himself because it would be Lee's fault for showing his move, but Sasuke got it from Kakashi. And some people might say well, he was facing Gaara the psycho. Well, Kakashi did not have to let him copy Lee's whole taijutsu technique. He only needed the speed boost to use the Chidori. Not like he needed Lee's taijutsu also to use the Chidori. He could have just taught Sasuke how to increase his speed then train Sasuke in a different style of taijutsu or something. Well, this is all and it was pretty long, but thx for reading my post and I'm also wondering what you guys/girls think also.

3. The Pink Ninja

They're part of the same village. You can't bitch at your comrades in arms for getting strong.

Anyway, Gai doesn't have the fucking copyright on those moves.

4. Sexta Espada

It's the most common Taijutsu. Anybody can use. It's not like only Gai and Lee use it. :notrust And who says Gai can beat Kakashi?

5. Drainz

if anything, consider it a compliment, your rival had to use your methods of fighting to teach his student.. cuz kakashi taught sasuke that style of taijutsu, cuz since sasuke saw it already, it would be easiest for him to master.. plus he wanted him to learn it so he could get fast enuf to learn chidori.

whats even more interesting is that, if sasuke had to achieve that speed to learn chidori initially.. then imagine how fast kakashi himself might be. def not at Gai's level, but not that far off maybe?

6. Cipher

>.>

7. Missing_Nin

if it's so common then why teach it to sasuke in the first place? Could have just taught him speed.

8. Butō Rengoob

first....they are taijutsu techniques the entire village has the right to learn.

second...gai didn't want to hurt kakashi in front of their students.

9. Kinjishi

Personally I would love to see Gai and Kakashi spar a bit. I dont think Gai would just attack the person that inspires him most to become so great. Although they will never admit it, they are like brothers that respect eachother more than anyone else. It is because of Kakashi's genius that Gai works so hard and can be called Kakashi's equal.
    But if they were to fight, i sincerely believe Gai would come out on top.

10. Sexta Espada

He needs another way to use that speed, and to learn it. Plus, he needed Taijutsu. If he had used Ninjutsu, he wouldn't have chakra for Chidori and they would probably be blocked by the sand.

11. atom

Actually he does, its called Gai-Jutsu (Guy Pulming Fighting Style Techinques)

Offical Databook 4
    Also, Gai wont kill Kakashi because if Kakashi dies then Gai wont have a rival, even though clearly Gai > Kakashi.. but meh

12. Cantankerous

Because Gai knows he'd get his ass kicked. Further showing Neji, why his sensei is useless to him.

13. Missing_Nin

Wow, the way some people are putting it, it seems like taijutsu is not that important or its easy to learn. If this was the case why is there a taijutsu stat like ninjutsu, genjutsu, etc. so it's not 'just taijutsu.'

14. jazon7777777

15. kaizuki

16. atom

17. masta_phat

even tho its gai's taijutsu, n e one can use it if they learn it, just like rasengan, all you need is someone to teach you it, notice has rasengan has been only exclusively to jiraiya-yondaime-kakashi-naruto...so for the taijutsu it'll be probabley be like gai-Lee- whoever lee's students are..so on and so fourth

18. Genesis

19. loscar141

gai knows that taijutsu wont work on garra,kakashi only taught tai to sasuke to maximize the chidori

20. Suzumebachi

Kakashi: "The Lotus?! This isnt something you can achieve just through hard work...is..is he a genius after all!?"

Yeah. STFU. GTFO.

Neji, the real genius can't achieve their level of taijutsu.

21. Dark Uchiha

i suppose one of the arguements the op is asking/stating is where did sasuke have a chance of copying lee taijutsu, when after activating sharingan, lotus was performed, so how can he copy lee taijutsu movements if it was never sharingan.

my only answer would be that, how he did lotus gave away all of lee's taijutsu secrets

22. TheoDerek

Well, here is the way I look at it. In the Narutoverse, chakra is used for EVERYTHING. And I do mean everything. When Lee stopped Sasuke's kick Sasuke commented on the chakra in his hand. So that leads me to believe that Lee's strength and speed(as well as everyone else's) comes from some sort of chakra focusing. Similar to Tsunade/Sakura's strength, only it is obviously different for speed. When Sasuke activated his Sharingan and saw Lee do Kage Buyou, he saw exactly how Lee was focusing his chakra to use that speed. Then Sasuke applied this to his training.

That is the only logical explanation I can come up with.

23. tmmyc

When did Copy Ninja Kakashi ever ask permission to copy a jutsu? :huh

24. Cardboard Jewsuke

Because Gai is a sissy, and Kakashi would own him in all of about... 4 seconds.

25. Rhaella

I doubt Gai would have a problem with Sasuke becoming more powerful and able to take care of himself. :oh

And if he was that worried about his moves being stolen, there's no way he'd let Kakashi see them.

26. Arthas

Your Completely wrong here. Kakashi did not use his Sharigan when Lee was using his reguler unweighted moves. Kakashi did use it when Lee was about to activate his Primary Lotus however (Gates in other words). For proof check chapter 85 page 09. There you will see Kakashi taking off his forehead protecter just when Lee activates the gates. So Kakashi did not copy Lee's taijutsu or at least not his reguler one.

Here's the counter-summary: Sasuke did not copy Lee's Taijutsu and Kakashi did not copy Lee's taijutsu. Kakashi did however Copy Gai's Taijutsu from whenever they practiced together. Lee got his taijutsu from Gai and so did Kakashi. Kakashi in turn passed it on to Sasuke.

So let me get this straight, Kakashi should not EVER teach any of his students one of those 1000 jutsu he is supposed to have copied because of an ethics problem? Also I really hate the word stealing in this context. Stealing means taking away. Sasuke/Kakashi did not take away Lee's ability to fight or use his Taijutsu. They copied it. If Lee can only use taijutsu that is quite frankly his problem and he needs to deal with it. Anything goes in ninja world. You dont get remidial or special classes. You are either good enough to do your job or your not. Lee in my opinion has dealt with this fact of his life admirably. He has done his best to move forward.

27. PDQ

Or it could just be that he never tried as hard why trying to learn the first gate. Even if he tried hard enough so as to not piss off his sensei, I doubt he'd be as interested in learning a suicidal move when he would likely want to learn something more effective and useful towards his bloodline like Kaiten(and not to mention spit in the face of the head family by developing their secret technique on his own).

Because Lee would look rather pathetic with almost all 0's. If it were as important, Kakashi would be getting Naruto to develop his own taijutsu rather than a ninjutsu.

Though if anyone's wondering why Kakashi likely taught Lee's speed when he's probably faster himself, it's probably due to the fact that his own speed is one that is handled by a jounin body whereas Lee's speed was developed relatively young so someone with a similar body could copy the chakra movement.

28. The Uchiha Wrath

That sounds dreadfully similar to 'Why Itachi didn't use the MS on Jiraiya' :wtf

29. Zer0_UchiHa

gai can beat kakashi, kakashi can beat guy, why do we have these debates? its cause kishimoto sucks at telling us who is stronger. gai is faster and stronger than kakashi, but that dont mean jack shit in kishi's world. ohh how i long for the days of dbz again, the speed of a character was directly related to thier power, while naruto doesnt have powerlevels like dbz, it shuld at least acknowledge that speed and strength should win.

i think gai can beat kakashi, base form he is faster and more powerful, 7gates he would own kakashi, but watch kishimoto do something like kakashi beating up gai by using SSSS-rank kawarimi no jutsu, lol.

back to the question, since taijutsu is can be copied by sharingan, i guess there shuldnt be any hard feelings from gai's side that kakashi copied lee's style. i mean it would be an honour, to know that "genius" kakashi would think that "dumb" lee style taijutsu is the best way to beat gaara, well taht would make gai feel good i think. anyway they are all friends and part of the same village, so no hard feelings i would think.

30. Miyata Prime

"Imitation is the biggest form of flattery"