• Emojis directly from your phone for all 🤗😬
  • CC
    Come enter in this week's GotW and PotW!
    Deadline for both contests is March 7 at 9 pm UTC.
  • Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Why do people always use Totsuka as a factor in most battles with MS Itachi yet we have never seen him use it in a fast combat scenerio?

Transcendent Shinobi

For example when he used it against Hebi Sasuke he just slowly walked towards Sasuke killing the snakes and hitting Oro who literally just sat there and let himself be hit. Also when he used it against Edo Nagato Nagato was just standing there aimlessly still possessed by Kabuto.

So we have never seen him blitz someone with Totsuka so we don't even really know if he can do that....yet every other battle on here is wanking Itachi by saying he can Totsuka GG everyone when most likely they could easily avoid it when the feats showed so far are just casual walking.

Phenomenon

Because it's still a plausible way of ending a fight if it lands the question is is how fast it really is, It's shown to hit immobile targets but that doesn't necessarily mean it's too slow either.

Transcendent Shinobi

Because it's still a plausible way of ending a fight if it lands the question is is how fast it really is, It's shown to hit immobile targets but that doesn't necessarily mean it's too slow either.
Theorectically plausible you mean...we have idea if Itachi can hit top tiers/kage level people. I would say he can't. We know Itachi himself is really fast but it seems to me based on canon examples that when he uses Susanoo he can't move very fast. So that means he can't totsuka GG.

MHA massive fan

For example when he used it against Hebi Sasuke he just slowly walked towards Sasuke killing the snakes and hitting Oro who literally just sat there and let himself be hit. Also when he used it against Edo Nagato Nagato was just standing there aimlessly still possessed by Kabuto.

So we have never seen him blitz someone with Totsuka so we don't even really know if he can do that....yet every other battle on here is wanking Itachi by saying he can Totsuka GG everyone when most likely they could easily avoid it when the feats showed so far are just casual walking.
Because both times he used it
He one shotted the enemy
That’s far more likely than katsuyu splits into 1k and spits magically fast acid with no feats

I don’t see you questioning that

Transcendent Shinobi

Because both times he used it
He one shotted the enemy
That’s far more likely than katsuyu splits into 1k and spits magically fast acid with no feats

I don’t see you questioning that
Yeah he one shotted the enemy who was just standing there in both scenarios and not moving. If that is the only feats we have then I doubt he could hit someone like MS Kakashi.

MHA massive fan

Yeah he one shotted the enemy who was just standing there in both scenarios and not moving. If that is the only feats we have then I doubt he could hit someone like MS Kakashi.
We already know susanoo strikes are too fast for someone like danzo to evade
Yet the same danzo can physically avoid Ms sasuke who isn’t slower than ms kakashi

so we already know susanoo strikes move quicker than kakashi

wanna try again ?

New Folder

it is a factor. Sealing jutsu are broken.

It's just when his wankers go in a full-retard mode and think it's unavoidable and think hitting immobile targets is the same
as fully mobile/fast targets. :oldshrug

or when they think that it has extra piercing power and it will destroy any defense for "reasons"

Totsuka is mainly what makes itachi Vs Tsunade a 50/50 imo.
otherwise, he wouldn't have a chance... :hm

Phenomenon

Theorectically plausible you mean...we have idea if Itachi can hit top tiers/kage level people. I would say he can't. We know Itachi himself is really fast but it seems to me based on canon examples that when he uses Susanoo he can't move very fast. So that means he can't totsuka GG.
The Susanoo isn't fast but the Sword is an extension of the chakra being if the opponent is moving too quickly for him to process then yes he wouldn't manage to seal his opposition.

The speed feats are lacking but it's still hypothetical at best whether it's truly fast or slow, It doesn't rule out a means of piercing distracted enemies if it can't straight up blitz somebody.

Transcendent Shinobi

Yet the same danzo can physically avoid Ms sasuke who isn’t slower than ms kakashi

wanna try again ?
MS Sasuke is not the same as MS Itachi.Also Sasukse has never used the Totsuka blade so YOU try again.

Phenomenon

wanna try again ?
How fast are Itachi's Susanoo movement speeds?

Transcendent Shinobi

:skully
So you got some evidence Itachi susanoo is inherently slower ?
Yeah easy Itachi has much lower chakra reserves then Sasuke so he can't spam like Sasuke can, on top of that we have NEVER seen him use Susanoo as frequently or as fast as Sasuke so you can't just say well if Sasuke can do it Itachi can when Sasuke has a different Susanoo and doesn't have Itachi's spirit weapons.

Also the only two targets to be hit by Itachi's Totsuka blade were stagnant and not moving. The evidence stacks in my favor.

MHA massive fan

Yeah easy Itachi has much lower chakra reserves then Sasuke so he can't spam like Sasuke can, on top of that we have NEVER seen him use Susanoo as frequently or as fast as Sasuke so you can't just say well if Sasuke can do it Itachi can when Sasuke has a different Susanoo and doesn't have Itachi's spirit weapons.

Also the only two targets to be hit by Itachi's Totsuka blade were stagnant and not moving. The evidence stacks in my favor.
Spamming has nothing to do with the question you asked in op
Try again

Transcendent Shinobi

Spamming has nothing to do with the question you asked in op
Try again
I gave you multiple other reasons which you ignored. You ask me to try again yet the only evidence you have that Itachi can blitz people with Totsuka is comparing him to a completely different character who has never wielded it. You have failed to show any proof of Itachi using Totsuka blade in a fast combat scenario or any relevant information for that matter.

Also I don't even know why we are talking about Susanoo since Totsuka isn't Susanoo but infused into Susanoo. Orochimaru even claims he was looking for it so if he found it he could wield it which means you don't needs MS/Susanoo to use it.

Last edited:

MHA massive fan

I gave you multiple other reasons which you ignored. You ask me to try again yet the only evidence you have that Itachi can blitz people with Totsuka is comparing him to a completely different character who has never wielded it. You have failed to show any proof of Itachi using Totsuka blade in a fast combat scenario or any relevant information for that matter.

Also I don't even know why we are talking about Susanoo since Totsuka isn't Susanoo but infused into Susanoo. Orochimaru even claims he was looking for it so if he found it he could wield it which means you don't needs MS/Susanoo to use it.
You changed the goal post by mentioning spam
Thus dishonest method of arguing

The silly thing Is no fighter is always constantly moving and totsuka need not be spammed

so Yh try much harder

Transcendent Shinobi

u can try to compare Susanoo all you want but at the end of the day Ita
You changed the goal post by mentioning spam
Thus dishonest method of arguing

The silly thing Is no fighter is always constantly moving and totsuka need not be spammed

so Yh try much harder
Ok it seems you have given up I accept your concession that Itachi cannot speed blitz anyone with Totsuka because we have never seen it. :D

MHA massive fan

u can try to compare Susanoo all you want but at the end of the day Ita

Ok it seems you have given up I accept your concession that Itachi cannot speed blitz anyone with Totsuka because we have never seen it. :D
;) itaxhi does have feats of blitzing 2 people
Unless you feel they wanted to get hit to resolve your cognitive dissonance

MHA massive fan

Can you please show us the time stamps in these two videos where Itachi "Speed Blitzes" anyone who is not just standing there doing nothing?
:tchpepe
Orochimaru was using his strongest Jutsu and was aware he was facing an enemy
Thé exaclamation mark also indicates surprise
People don’t get surprised by slow moving objects

keep trying

Kisame

鮫仙
The problem is, like many, you're refusing to entertain the possibility that the two instances of Totsuka hitting its target are meant to showcase its speed especially the Orochimaru one. People don't grasp that Orochimaru can show surprise at the sword's speed whilst also boasting later that it won't do much to him.

It's like a zombie being blitzed by a bullet, he's gonna be startled when hit by it but then it won't do anything to him - doesn't mean he let himself be hit and he's fast enough to avoid a bullet.

Transcendent Shinobi

The problem is, like many, you're refusing to entertain the possibility that the two instances of Totsuka hitting its target are meant to showcase its speed especially the Orochimaru one. People don't grasp that Orochimaru can show surprise at the sword's speed whilst also boasting later that it won't do much to him.

It's like a zombie being blitzed by a bullet, he's gonna be startled when hit by it but then it won't do anything to him - doesn't mean he let himself be hit and he's fast enough to avoid a bullet.
Call me crazy but it sounds like you are trying to say that I should believe Itachi can speed blitz kage level characters with Totsuka based on your "theory" that Itachi sealing two immobile characters is him showing the world that he can indeed speed blitz people who are not mobile?

Is that what you are trying to say because I am trying to not laugh man haha.

Kisame

鮫仙
Call me crazy but it sounds like you are trying to say that I should believe Itachi can speed blitz kage level characters with Totsuka based on your "theory" that Itachi sealing two immobile characters is him showing the world that he can indeed speed blitz people who are not mobile?

Is that what you are trying to say because I am trying to not laugh man haha.
It doesn't make sense that Itachi can speed blitz Kage levels so easily so you are right, however the inconsistent speed in the manga shouldn't take away from the intent of the scene.

The intent being that Totsuka is damn fast, but clearly Kishimoto hasn't made enough implications (DB entry, Itachi's portrayal etc) for us to think he'd cleanly blitz high kages. However it's obvious that it's intended to be fast based on the scene.

So I would say Totsuka is fast enough to threaten Kage levels and is difficult to dodge but not impossible. Saying it's slow and not fast at all is underestimation and saying it's too fast to react to is overestimation. I think that's reasonable.

Transcendent Shinobi

It doesn't make sense that Itachi can speed blitz Kage levels so easily so you are right, however the inconsistent speed in the manga shouldn't take away from the intent of the scene.

The intent being that Totsuka is damn fast, but clearly Kishimoto hasn't made enough implications (DB entry, Itachi's portrayal etc) for us to think he'd cleanly blitz high kages. However it's obvious that it's intended to be fast based on the scene.

So I would say Totsuka is fast enough to threaten Kage levels and is difficult to dodge but not impossible. Saying it's slow and not fast at all is underestimation and saying it's too fast to react to is overestimation. I think that's reasonable.
"Intent" is subjective. I don't really think Totsuka is that fast when we don't have actual scenes/panels of him using it that way. I am glad you agree with me in the sense that Itachi can't just speed blitz anyone and totsuka GG them but that is a very real problem on these forums. That is the whole reason I made this thread to ask people why they are using totsuka in every battle with Itachi when:

1. The only evidence we have is that Itachi hit two immobile characters.
2. Totsuka is not Susanoo but a spirit weapon infused into Susanoo so comparing him to Sasuke is a trash argument ( not saying you did that)
3. There was clear opportunities for Itachi to show us that he can blitz powerful characters like Nagato/SM Kabuto with Totsuka but he did not do that so we can only assume he CAN NOT do that.

Top Bottom