• Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff

Why do people assume A3 durability > > A4 ?

MHA massive fan

I ask because of the following

1. Yoton FRS failed to bisect Juubi Madara while chidori eiso( something in DB said to be less potent than chidori ) split Madara in half . Keep in mind Madara wasn’t even filled healed from Yagai

2. FRs beat cutting feat is splitting human path in half which well chidori eiso could also easily do

so my question really is why do people assume A4 is much less durable than A3 because chidori nicked him?

when FRs wind blade has shown to have less cutting power than chidori and all FRs is , is a wind bomb if the initial blade can’t cut the object the others are just failing over and over again

the only comparison the author ever drew between A3 and his son was mabui technique to which A4 took it as well as his dad

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
Because it was not Yoton FRS. That's a big, but common misconception.

It was just a Yoton Rasenshuriken. Without Fuuton added to it. He substituted Wind for Lava.

And Fuuton is the main part that makes Fuuton-Rasenshuriken so strong in piercing and cutting, as Fuuton>anything else in terms of cutting power:

So if we were to compare all these jutsus in cutting/piercing power, it'd be something more like:
Ei3's durability > FRS >> Chidori > Ei4's durability > Chidori Eiso > Yoton RS (hypothetical used by KCM Naruto)

MHA massive fan

Because it was not Yoton FRS. That's a big, but common misconception.

It was just a Yoton Rasenshuriken. Without Fuuton added to it. He substituted Wind for Lava.

And Fuuton is the main part that makes Fuuton-Rasenshuriken so strong in piercing and cutting, as Fuuton>anything else in terms of cutting power:

So if we were to compare all these jutsus in cutting/piercing power, it'd be something more like:
Ei3's durability > FRS >> Chidori > Ei4's durability > Chidori Eiso > Yoton RS (hypothetical used by KCM Naruto)
Thank you for clarifying this

Mad Scientist

Skyclad Observer
One reason boils down to a lack of understanding regarding both the power levels of attacks and the difference between piercing and blunt attacks. Though I will say, it's interesting how the sharpest rotating edge of FRS has a significantly lower piercing power relative to that of Chidori; I suppose this explains why Raikiri and Chidori are ranked so highly.

Another reason, which I think is more interesting, is that people assign too much weight to flashy events, or matters that repeatedly receive attention. It's why people think KCM Naruto is somehow this character that can magically rival the speed or even blitz the perception of guys like 7G Gai, SM Kabuto, and Rinnegan Obito. Then people are surprised and try to justify KCM Naruto not even being close to blitzing Edo Itachi, dojutsu-enhanced V2 jinchūriki, being outperformed by Masters, with sillly, stupid reasoning—"he can't use top-speed Shunshin", "he was fatigued", "speed isn't static so Naruto likely wasn't moving at top speed", "he wasn't serious"—yet dumbfoundedly complain when refuted and when simple explanations are presented for "other conundrums".

It's also why Minato is overrated. Sure, the man can teleport instantly, and has an incredible reputation for it.
But what about after? (Bee reacted twice...)
What about before? (Almost lost to Obito's sneak attack, was almost blitzed by a young A4, negged by Juubito...)
What about either? (Madara defeated Tobirama, negged by Juudara...)

This dangerous over-association with flashy/repeated information is reflected as a huge real life problem, too. Take this pandemic, for example:

One of the most frustrating aspects of the coronavirus pandemic is seeing all of the false information circulating around social media. I was inspired to write this article after reading unfortunate (and inaccurate) comments after they announced that three of its high schools were transitioning back to digital learning. It was breathtaking to see so many inaccurate claims about , fatality rates, or comparisons to the flu. My Forbes contributions are typically about weather and climate, but I am often inspired to make connections with other aspects of science too. There are striking similarities between repetitive false information about coronavirus and misinformation that I witness with weather and climate. I decided to explore something called the “illusory truth effect.”

According to a , the illusory truth effect is the notion that repeated statements are perceived to be more truthful than new statements. This effect is clearly something that marketing professionals, cult leaders, and politicians understand. In other words, you say something enough times, and people start to believe it. published the first major study of the illusory truth effect. Some other interesting characteristics of the illusory truth effect detailed in include:

• If repeated enough times, the information may be perceived to be true even if sources are not credible.
  • The illusory truth effect is very evident on subject matter people perceive themselves to know about.
  • The effect can happen even if someone had previous knowledge that the information was false.
I am no psychologist, but this effect sure has elements of brainwashing and indoctrination. The aforementioned 2015 study also points out that, for many people, repeated statements are easier to process than new information even if people know better.

Once one is convinced of a compelling idea, it is difficult for them to acknowledge the truth. This rings true even when they know they are wrong. I have read or had people tell me that Kisame can survive the full brunt of an enhanced Hirudora, that V2 A4 could go toe-to-toe with 7G Gai, that Kamui is somehow impractical to use in a one-on-one situation, that Edo Madara's mentals are at all comparable to Juudara's, that Tsunade is tiers below the rest of the Sannin—a whole host of preposterous claims and more, in short. Am I immune to making ridiculous propositions of my own...? Of course not. But at least I do try to concede, even to those undeserving of much conversation. Regardless, the fact remains unchanged... People spout a ton of wild horsesh*t on the regular. One shouldn't read too much into it.

MHA massive fan

One reason boils down to a lack of understanding regarding both the power levels of attacks and the difference between piercing and blunt attacks. Though I will say, it's interesting how the sharpest rotating edge of FRS has a significantly lower piercing power relative to that of Chidori; I suppose this explains why Raikiri and Chidori are ranked so highly.

Another reason, which I think is more interesting, is that people assign too much weight to flashy events, or matters that repeatedly receive attention. It's why people think KCM Naruto is somehow this character that can magically rival the speed or even blitz the perception of guys like 7G Gai, SM Kabuto, and Rinnegan Obito. Then people are surprised and try to justify KCM Naruto not even being close to blitzing Edo Itachi, dojutsu-enhanced V2 jinchūriki, being outperformed by Masters, with sillly, stupid reasoning—"he can't use top-speed Shunshin", "he was fatigued", "speed isn't static so Naruto likely wasn't moving at top speed", "he wasn't serious"—yet dumbfoundedly complain when refuted and when simple explanations are presented for "other conundrums".

It's also why Minato is overrated. Sure, the man can teleport instantly, and has an incredible reputation for it.
But what about after? (Bee reacted twice...)
What about before? (Almost lost to Obito's sneak attack, was almost blitzed by a young A4, negged by Juubito...)
What about either? (Madara defeated Tobirama, negged by Juudara...)

This dangerous over-association with flashy/repeated information is reflected as a huge real life problem, too. Take this pandemic, for example:

Once one is convinced of a compelling idea, it is difficult for them to acknowledge the truth. This rings true even when they know they are wrong. I have read or had people tell me that Kisame can survive the full brunt of an enhanced Hirudora, that V2 A4 could go toe-to-toe with 7G Gai, that Kamui is somehow impractical to use in a one-on-one situation, that Edo Madara's mentals are at all comparable to Juudara's, that Tsunade is tiers below the rest of the Sannin—a whole host of preposterous claims and more, in short. Am I immune to making ridiculous propositions of my own...? Of course not. But at least I do try to concede, even to those undeserving of much conversation. Regardless, the fact remains unchanged... People spout a ton of wild horsesh*t on the regular. One shouldn't read too much into it.
What’s an enhanced hirudora ?

ZmkSc

A3 is more durable but sometimes the gap in durability gets exaggerated because People want to assume that FRS has far more cutting power than full power Raikeri/Chidori. Both increase their durability with lightening armour and Ay could replicate his father feat of tanking lightening transmission. Ay also can pump more chakra and manifest stronger and bigger lightening armour for more speed ( i.e V2) which should also provide more durability. A3 is more durable but a huge gap were never implied.

Charmed

Forever Charmed
A yoton Rasenshuriken has way more piercing power and potency thay a FRS, that should be obvious. Lava is a very heavy material, it's literally molten rock, that thanks to Naruto's chakra, rotates very very fast. That would make it sharper than any blade; way sharper than FRS. That's why Naruto often opts for a Yoton RS than a FRS (see Naruto vs Delta and Naruto vs JJ Mads).

I think there's not much difference between Ei4 and hus dad's durability tbh. There's a difference in stamina and speed tho.

Troyse22

Shuts down the Sannin camp
I ask because of the following

1. Yoton FRS failed to bisect Juubi Madara while chidori eiso( something in DB said to be less potent than chidori ) split Madara in half . Keep in mind Madara wasn’t even filled healed from Yagai

2. FRs beat cutting feat is splitting human path in half which well chidori eiso could also easily do

so my question really is why do people assume A4 is much less durable than A3 because chidori nicked him?

when FRs wind blade has shown to have less cutting power than chidori and all FRs is , is a wind bomb if the initial blade can’t cut the object the others are just failing over and over again

the only comparison the author ever drew between A3 and his son was mabui technique to which A4 took it as well as his dad

Because time and time again his body is noted to be exceptional, with the Raikage only coming close because he's a descendant of his canonically more durable dad.

Personally I think A4 could take an FRS, but be in slightly worse shape than A3, I don't believe the gap in their durability to be worlds apart.

MHA massive fan

Because time and time again his body is noted to be exceptional, with the Raikage only coming close because he's a descendant of his canonically more durable dad.

Personally I think A4 could take an FRS, but be in slightly worse shape than A3, I don't believe the gap in their durability to be worlds apart.
That’s all I am saying
I am not saying A4=A3
I am saying the only measure the author used to rate them they were equal

so if A3 is more durable it’s barely

Crimson Flam3s

Rampage Sage
A yoton Rasenshuriken has way more piercing power and potency thay a FRS, that should be obvious. Lava is a very heavy material, it's literally molten rock, that thanks to Naruto's chakra, rotates very very fast. That would make it sharper than any blade; way sharper than FRS. That's why Naruto often opts for a Yoton RS than a FRS (see Naruto vs Delta and Naruto vs JJ Mads).

I think there's not much difference between Ei4 and hus dad's durability tbh. There's a difference in stamina and speed tho.

This makes sense in real life but in the Naruto world necessarily.

Wind and Raiton are great for piercing while in real life water is literally used to cut metal, specially imbued with sand.

Kishi should have had a Suiton and doton user or give Suiton to Gaara to create the sharpest blade.

dergeist

Because Cucknato (My fave) was going to asspull beat A4 with a Kunai. Imagine thinking a Kunai would work on A3:kobeha

Other than that, Eiso had concentrated rokudo chakra and works sharpening based on oscillations. Rokudo chakra and senjutsu seal amped eiso would have peak oscillations. That should address why Eiso is superior to RSM Lava release FRS, even if it doesn't have explosive power.

Gwiber

Hold up, isn't the wind element obvious in that technique? It has the trademark spinning wind blades in the shape of a, well, spiralling shuriken.

The lava element seems to be applied only to the Rasengan itself, similarly to the other Bijuu Rasenshuriken that . It's similar to how he can use a Bijuudama in place of a Rasengan for Bijuudama Rasenshuriken. It still has the wind element in the form of those , so its cutting power should not be compromised.

Gin Ichimaru

i saw a vid online of tsunade giving someone who looked like A3 (his face was off camera tho) a handjob. he didnt even finish until he did it himself. so imo that speaks volumes about his durability, given tsunade's strength .

Troyse22

Shuts down the Sannin camp
That’s all I am saying
I am not saying A4=A3
I am saying the only measure the author used to rate them they were equal

so if A3 is more durable it’s barely

I mean I don't think it's a matter of IF A3 is more durable because I certainly believe him to be, I just think it's a matter of him not being much more durable than A4.

Mabui compares them, but she clearly thinks A3 is more durable.

Bob74h

The Supreme King
A,jr is stronger then his father as he damaged bee and madara
killer bee is stronger then a wild gyuki as bjuu without hosts are not as strong as bjuu with hosts

t0xeus

hi it's me t0x
Hold up, isn't the wind element obvious in that technique? It has the trademark spinning wind blades in the shape of a, well, spiralling shuriken.

The lava element seems to be applied only to the Rasengan itself, similarly to the other Bijuu Rasenshuriken that . It's similar to how he can use a Bijuudama in place of a Rasengan for Bijuudama Rasenshuriken. It still has the wind element in the form of those , so its cutting power should not be compromised.
No, in that case it would have been called Yoton-Fuuton Rasenshurimen.

"Spinning [wind] blades" is not the trademark of FRS, but just Rasenshuriken in general - except they're made out of chakra, not wind. Rasenshuriken is just applying the added element around Rasengan, and Naruto can form it in the form of 4 blades around it - Fuuton or not:

You'd first need to prove that the 4 blades around Rasengan are unique to Fuuton specifically before you would have any leg to stand on, as of now there's massive amount of evidence against your stance.

MHA massive fan

"Spinning [wind] blades" is not the trademark of FRS, but just Rasenshuriken in general - except they're made out of chakra, not wind. Rasenshuriken is just applying the added element around Rasengan, and Naruto can form it in the form of 4 blades around it - Fuuton or not:

You'd first need to prove that the 4 blades around Rasengan are unique to Fuuton specifically before you would have any leg to stand on, as of now there's massive amount of evidence against your stance.
What massive amounts of evidence ?

MHA massive fan

What massive amounts of evidence ?

Kagutsutchi

The Honored one.
Konohamaru uses wind rasengan without the blades at all. The blades are just shape manipulation.

MHA massive fan

Naruto doesn't call it Fuuton, the blades have different colors depending on what elements he uses, the Yoton-RS does less piercing damage than a Raiton blade to a stronger Madara does despite FRS>>>Eiso, and what @Kagutsutchi said.
So a single piece of evidence
Minaot also doesn’t call his giant rasengan
Giant rasengan does that mean it’s not ?

Top Bottom