1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do Radio Stations Usually Play Talk Shows Early in the Morning?

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by DemonDragonJ, Nov 27, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Brain Surgeon

I have noticed that most radio stations play talk shows early in the morning, and I cannot speak for all listeners, but, when I am driving to work in the morning, I would much rather hear music than talk shows, as music improves my emotional state for more than does any talk show.

What does everyone else say about this? Do you have any idea why radio stations usually play talk show early in the morning, and do you wish that they would play music more often? Is it because that is the only way that people would actually listen to talk shows, if there were no other alternatives?

Tags:
  2. blakstealth Moderator

Ima say it's all about the ratings. It's safe to say that they're more present in the morning is BECAUSE there are people driving to work and wanna tune in to it.

I rarely listen to music on the radio and prefer to plug in my ipod, so I'm not too bothered by it.

3. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

That's when people are usually driving to work. Its light listening that update people on what's going on in the world in a fashion that's engaging and helps time pass by on an otherwise groggy drive.

4. DemonDragonJ Brain Surgeon

I cannot speak for other people, but music would help me far more than talk shows to help time pass by and put me in a positive emotional state.

5. Mider T Busting in and out of guts

Flag:
    United States

Cool.

6. Xiammes Into Free Supporting Staff

Its how a lot of people stay up to date on the news, if you have a hour drive, you can catch up on world events without having to waste time.