1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Forum Skin Contest:

Let us know if you’re participating or would like to participate in a forum wide skin contest. If so, please give us your opinions here.

Dismiss Notice

Why do some people think that Naruto was going to kill Sai?

Discussion in 'Konoha Library Archives' started by Kyuubi Naruto, Dec 3, 2005.

1. Kyuubi Naruto Hounds of Justice

Alright, after reading so many comments on the forum after the chapter im going to have to post this. It seems that their is no choice.

Alright, why do people assume Naruto was going to try and kill Sai for a comment like that? That is if Sakura didnt stop him.

If you look at the chapter, Naruto was tensing his fist ready to go and punch Sai. Sure it would be a harder punch then Sakura's (she probably wasnt using any chakra at all), but it wouldnt do as much as people assume. What do you all think was going to happen? Do you think that Naruto would go Kyuubi over something as little as a pety insult like that? Come on now. We all know Naruto has an anger problem but to go Kyuubi and attempt to kill Sai is just ludacris in itself.

I even remember someone saying that Naruto was going to summon. :laugh

Naruto can go Kyuubi whenever he wants now but lets be real here, he was just listening to Sai insult Sasuke and he wouldnt attempt to kill him. Or go Kyuubi, esp over an insult. I remember when Gaara died and Naruto was sad/angry and he didnt go Kyuubi when he was standing over his body.

Where do people get this logic from? Do people think Naruto got that mad over that comment?

There im dont ranting. :)

Tags:
  2. bearzerger Major Cliff Allister McLane

I agree if Sakura intervened it wouldn't have ended so quickly or without both sides ending up slightly injured, but it wouldn't have been more than a good old brawl. Naruto won't kill any Konoha nin just because of an insult.

Hmm why some people think different is actually quite hard to understand for me. Perhaps they have a so strong imagination that they have a hard time deciding what's real and what not. :p

3. vagnard Well-Known Member

Yeah...I agree. Sakura's intervention wasn't necessary (but it was cool anyway). She simply replaced Naruto's fist with her own fist

4. Crowe inactive - most of the time

Naruto wouldnt have killed Sai, he would have tried to beat him and from what we have seen Naruto is very stubborn and i dont think that Sai would let himself get beaten by Naruto / let an obvious fist hit him. This would take the fight to a more dangerous level

5. lynxie Psycho...

I agree that Naruto wouldn't kill Sai for the insults, but like peK said "This would take the fight to a more dangerous level"

And Sai did attack Naruto, without any notice the first time they seen eachother, and he said some bad things about both Naruto, Sakura, and now even about Sasuke.
    With all those things in mind, you never know how the fight would go...
    Not killing, that is true, but still dangerous enough, and they have better things to do then fighting...

They have a long way to go, they are a team, so I think Sakura did the best thing. No BS, just a little punch and a warning. I think this was the only way to shut up Sai in a fast way. Off course she could depend on Yamato, but that would not show how the "new" Sakura is.

6. DKFize RaijinKen

Killing people is out of character for Naruto..even if the victim is Sai.

7. ~ Masamune ~ Old Man Masa

No probably the bunshin or something lol

8. Gunners .

NAh, he would have hit him probably, going kyuubi summoning gamabunta and using oil fire would be a bit over the top, funny at the sametime though.

9. Criminal NF TRIPLE OG

People actually said that? Who? Give me all of their names and send them to my office. They're all fired!

10. G. Hawke The one who left

KN, it is very simple.
    Had Sakura not diffused the situation it would have turn into an all out fight.
    This is Naruto we are talking abot and while i love him he is with all honesty as dumb as a brick. He does not do anything half way.
    This would have decended into a damm bloody fistcuff, maybe with someone actually hurt.
    I doubt anyone actually believes that Naruto would have gone KN or summoned anything just that Sakura basicly by getting Sai to shut up she diffused a potentaily explosive situation.
    That is all. :oh

11. sonnie_skies Braving the Rain

i don't think naruto would have killed him.

sai hasn't been around naruto long enough, hasn't "seen the light" long enough to be converted; sakura stepping in sort of ended the encounter. sai and naruto will fight later, i'm sure, but i think he's going to convert sai then or as sai's dying, he'll be converted. you know...manga cliches.

12. Sunuvmann <font color="##5262fc">of the Rebellion</font>

I agree. He would have just tackled and probably beat the piss out of Sai. And Yamato considering it a fun show does the Wooden Cage so they can have a cage match.

13. Gunners .

Nah i think naruto would have settled for hitting him just once, he isnt really that dumb anymore if you see how he is, when he was 13 he acted like a 13 year old, now he acts more mature at 15.

No one would get hurt yamato would just come in a bitch slap him, the furthest i could see is a watered down rasengan.

14. Gunners .

The occasion Sai pissed them of was justified, Naruto my fav character but that was kind of harsh. So he lashed out saying he didnt want to be accpepted as sasuke role, and added traitor parts to hurt him back.

15. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

I haven't got the chance to check out the newest chapter, but I have heard all about it. Naruto has grown in these last two and a half years. He's not the immature kid he used to be. Many things have happened to Naruto to force him to be a more mature kid and I think that he would have given Sai the same treatment Sakura did. Naruto would have punched Sai, talked some smack and then been on his way. I don't see where a Rasengan would be involved... Naruto's not that kind of person. Although it would be funny, there wouldn't be any summoning either. Naruto has changed alot and I think a simple punch would have been enough for him.

But, KN, you are right. After this chapter came out, I've seen some pretty weird things posted. Logic doesn't exist on this forum...Just flamewars and fanboy/girl-ism.

16. Chi Technical knockout

The probably poked each other with kunais few times, and then Yamato would interfere.. It would ended with Naruto still insulting Sai. And Sai would just smile..

17. Wrath Mourning

They were dropped on their heads as babies?

Sakura really made a big mistake. The sooner Dr. Naruto gets to see his new patient the sooner he'll reform. Nothing helps Naruto get through to people better than a fight.

18. Gaara-Kazekage Member

It's called wishful thinking. Maybe they can't get over Sai's first insult and are still waiting for payback.

19. mayumi Well-Known Member

Go

i think its more like naruto was very rude to sai and shouldn't have called him a replacement for sasuke or whatever. thats seems like the thing that bothers people more than naruto wanting to punch sai, even though sai said he would hit naruto first. :sweatdrop
    anyway, i don't think naruto would have killed sai. also, naruto really knows nothing about sai. atleast naruto knew about sasuke since they were 7yrs old, even though they never spoke to each other. we even had that cute smile at each other scene in their big fight in part 1. everyone knew of naruto that hated kyuubi kid and sasuke the survivor of that great uchiha clan.
    ________

Last edited: Apr 29, 2011
  20. Kahlua2606 ANBU

Naruto wouldn't have killed Sai even if he'd had the opportunity, and he wouldn't have. First, Sakura's punch was so fast and unexpected that neither Naruto, Yamato nor Sai were ready for it; Sai didn't retaliate from Sakura's blow, and possibly (doubtful, but maybe) saw it coming and just took it. If it had been Naruto, Sai would not have taken it, or allowed it to go without returning some sort of attack of his own. It would have turned into a long, drawn out battle if it were just the three of them, but Yamato would have stepped in a put a stop to it right away. Naruto seems reluctant to kill even his most evil, mortal enemies, he certainly wouldn't try to kill a Konoha shinobi who's now on his team, even if they aren't getting along.

21. Ulquiorra Schiffer Tsugi no mai: Hakuren

I'm in total agreement with Kahlua2606. I couldn't have said it better myself...But I did try...LOL

22. Dommy You never knew.

I never think that Naruto will kill Sai........ :blink
    Unless Sai does something unforgivable..........:amuse

23. Nara_Shikamaru246 ph34r t3h cute one.

There's no way Naruto would ever kill Sai, unless he killed Sasuke or something...But Naruto would've done more than just one punch...Sure, Naruto has matured over the timeskip, but I believe it has already been indicated more than once that deep down, he really isn't that mature, that would just go against his character...

24. wsc GB's Trick Monkey

haven have the time to read entire thread, so don't know if anyone state this: it is simple, because if naruto try to hit sai, sai will either dodge or block, and further insult naruto will the chinpo talk. sakura cause sai off guard with the fake smaile thus successfully hit him. has sakura not holding naruto back they will probably start a fight.

and no i dont think naruto will kill sai, nor he will go berserk.

edit: someone beat me to it :)

25. BattousaiMS Swordsman of Sorrow

Naruto probably wassn't going to kill him but incapacitate him for life, break all his bones so that he wouldn't be able to continue the mission, beat him to an inch from death are all there. I know I would have in which case Sai should pleade to die since well those are much more painful then dieing :laugh.

As for those saying Naruto wouldn't kill anyone... did you forget that he did kill Yuura (he was aiming for Itachi) and was certainly trying to rip Deidei a part?

26. tri-sapphire The Hunter

I see...so Naruto does have enough common sense to go after a group of kage level, highly dangerous ninja, who have no thoughts of compromise, with killing intent :eyeroll. Then again, he did have personal issues with both of them (Itachi being the main reason for Sasuke leaving Konoha/seeking power, and Deidara having captured and most likely killed Gaara), so it might not be the same with the rest of Akatsuki :amuse.

Naruto may be a little hot-headed, but I doubt he would do more than what Sakura did. One good blow to Sai's annoying face. Of course since Sai would have dodged the first blow, the retaliation may have actually turned into a small fight, but the fight would have most likely end in one of three ways:

1. Naruto knocks down Sai and says something akin to what Sakura said.

2. Sai knocks down Naruto and comments on Naruto's apparant lack of manhood.

3. Yamato knocks them both down, traps them in the cage, and tells them that if they don't get along they'll be spending more than the 6 hours they just earned in there.

27. Terumaru Phoenix of the Hidden Blaze

I thought Kyuubi would only showed it's true self in Naruto when he has a violent emotion... or are you just saying the change in his eyes and whiskers? I didn't see any posts about Naruto having an intent to kill Sai.. as I would like him to do so.. but highly doubtful. XD;