1. NF staff is currently looking to add new advisors. We are pulling from all areas of the site. If you're interested, feel free to create a Staff Conference Room thread to discuss the details. Click here for more general info and discussion.
    Dismiss Notice

2. Ho ho ho! It is time to celebrate!

Christmas is coming, and we invite you to join the NFs Ho-Ho-Holidaze Event!

Dismiss Notice
  3. NF Game of the Year nominations have started. Stop by the Arcade.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. If you write blogs about the current anime season (for linking) or like to add descriptions / impressions on certain series and like to add them to our wiki, then send us a ticket.
    Dismiss Notice

Why Do Tickets Usually Go on Sale on Fridays?

Discussion in 'Music Department' started by DemonDragonJ, Nov 20, 2018.

1. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

I have noticed that tickets for concerts usually go on sale on Fridays, but most people work on Fridays, and thus cannot purchase tickers until they return home, by which time, they may be nearly or entirely sold out.

To me, it would make much more sense if tickets for concerts went on sale on Saturday, when the majority of people are not working, so what does everyone else say about this? Do you know why tickets usually go on sale on Fridays?

Tags:
  2. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    I dunno, just buy them on your phone.

3. blakstealth Club Bangerz Moderator

I can't think of any other reason except for Friday being the "industry standard" of release days.

4. DemonDragonJ Agnus Dei

That comment reminds me that Ticketmaster will no longer allow customers to physically print tickets at home, which annoys me, because that was so amazingly convenient; now, customers must instead display a bar code on their cell phone for the employees to scan, so I am very glad that I now have a smart phone (which I purchased back in May); what would I have done if I did not have a smart phone?

Last edited: Nov 21, 2018
  5. Mider T Oh Christmas T!

United States
    Not having a smartphone in 2018 should give you bigger worries than not being able to buy tickets.

6. Rukia We are all Spider-man!

Germany
    Set an event reminder on your phone and buy the tickets on Friday.

7. Smoke ▄█▀ █▄ █▄█ ▀█▀

Mexico
    If you want something, you make time.

I'm assuming you get breaks at work.

Many times, I've purchased shit online, while on break; tickets included.

If you don't get breaks, do it during work(done that, too.)

That tickets are sold out by the time you get home, tells me others who work, do this too.

And also, if you're waiting till you get home, to buy something that's limited...then that's on you.