1. AAB SEASON THREE

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Stop Scrolling!
    Attention - When discussing new chapters of an anime or manga, please use a source from the official list of approved sources. If you would like to contribute to the list, please do so in the suggestions section.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Anime Awards for 2017 final part commences with the main awards! Please leave a vote or comment in one of the following competition threads!

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you like Boruto?

Discussion in 'New Leaf' started by Muah, Jun 12, 2018.

1. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

Is there anything good about him is he a good character in anyway?

Tags:
  2. Indra I can't stop eating

You can watch the Movie, and read the Manga past chapter 10. Or you can start watching the Anime.

You can form your own opinion better that way, I think.

Otherwise people are just gonna tell you they like him, hate him, or are in the middle for what-ever reason. But it shouldn't matter unless it is your own opinion.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

Define good. Good like, skillfull, talented ?

Boruto The Anime feels like an old school JRPG. The world feels so much alive. The characters lives their own lives with some ninja missions between then. The characters interaction are fleshed out for the most part and it makes for a very fun show. It's not as action packed as Naruto if that's what you're looking for. Try the 18 first episodes, stop if you don't like any of them.

4. NOPE555 Active Member

Borat is a beta with shit hair.
    Salad is a trap on PMS.
    Mitsuki is a gaylord.
    Shakadai is a gay clone of Shikamaru.
    Chocho is Tumblr cancer.
    Injojin is a beta alien.
    Metal Lee or better Metal Who.

Bring back Itachi.:mikebatman

But hey... still better than a boy/girl who self-insert himself/herself into fictional drawings and ships...

Lord Jigen solos.:smoke

• Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Coolest Guy! x 2
    • Lewd Lewd x 1
    • List
  5. Corvida Anda de dia la noche es mia

Spain
    No
    he`s a failed pastiche

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
    • Coolest Guy! x 1
    • List
  6. Wrecked Baloney NOES

Japan
    While good characters are up to opinion I do see these traits in Boruto:
    -Relatable (I had parents who worked a lot and I couldn't stand it, wanting them to be with me always. I learned they have to work sometimes.)
    -Flawed (Boruto is an arrogant brat who rarely appreciates what he has. He wants to surpass his dad, but will take shortcuts if he has to, even if he's not allowed to.)
    -Learns a lot (Boruto learns a lot in his movie, which the anime is covering right now.)

Boruto also has versatile jutsu and he does get creative with how he uses them.

Then there is the flash foward that makes me wonder a lot of things about Boruto, further increasing my interest in what will happen next.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2018
  7. 123fire Banned

manga-wise it is though. we have been on action since chapter 11

8. 123fire Banned

He's bad and unlikable . beats me how people like him

9. Muah HADE BARA BOGE PYA

I feel like its been 2 years since boruto was introduced and weve been going over the same story ever since.

10. Yagami1211 The Dragon of Dojima

I'm not particularly hungry of non stop action so It's fine by me either way.

11. 123fire Banned

12. pumkin1988 Well-Known Member

Boruto as a manga really fell off the bar Naruto Part 1 set but I'd say it is on par with Part 2. In that there are a lot of illogical things that happened but you just read it because you've already invested years into the franchise. That is the sole reason why I am still reading. I actually don't care for any of these new characters and really care for side stories and to see what happened to old characters.

One of the things I hated most was how powered down Naruto became and that his whole life he didn't have his parents then he becomes a shell of a parent to his own children. At the very least clones should have been able to counteract this predicament.

13. PureWIN Mr. Prince

Boruto represents everything that is broken in the Shounen industry these days. It's been nearly 3 years and we're still retracing that damn movie. :catdefeat

How I like him as a character? That's hard to discuss because the manga has barely crawled out the movie events where he was shitty, so he hasn't really been developed at all. :catsupine

14. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    Boruto is:
    - relatable, has daddy issues like me
    - the type of show that requires very high emotional intelligence in order to understand
    - boruto is not your typical shounen protaganist, he lacks determination, he's lazy, he's written in way that he is almost human which isn't something most shounen protaganists have
    - boruto always changes his goal like a normal human being, he isn't static or stable which keeps me intruigued if that makes sense

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  15. Derael Well-Known Member

I'm afraid I don't have a PhD in psychology. :sadpanda

16. saboltgene Jigen's Son

France
    neither do i

17. SonOfMan (ง •̀_•́)ง

Wherever I look at Boruto I feel kinda hungry. :hm

Banana hair, burritos, hamburgers... :hungry

19. Ruthless Tsuchikage Active Member

I like Boruto because I think he's a good combination of someone who's really flawed but also really kind.

Boruto is a spoiled brat with daddy issues but in his personal dealings with others he's usually a very good kid. The first thing we see him do is protect Denki from bullies, he adores his little sis and he's often shown socializing with a pretty large group of friends. Even his rivalry with Sarada is much more healthy and positive than their dad's rivalry ever was. In general Boruto is a good boy when you're not Naruto or someone who starts lecturing him.

Some flaws like Boruto's video game obsession and laziness helps make him more endearing while others leaves him with a great potential to grow. The show is also very open about Boruto being a flawed person. Him cheating against Shikadai is depicted pretty awful on his part.