1. Welcome to the forums! Take a second to look at our Beginner's Guide. It contains the information necessary for you to have an easier experience here.

Thanks and have fun. -NF staff
    Dismiss Notice
  2. GN

Come join the Football/Soccer Women's World Cup and Copa America predicting competitions.
    Dismiss Notice

3. Voting for the Contest Central Drawing Contest is live!
    Entries can be found here and the voting threads can be found here and here.
    Voting ends on Sunday, June the 30th!
    Dismiss Notice

4. Come enter in the KCC Cooking Contest -- Drinks!
    Dismiss Notice

5. The KCC is hosting a Short Story Contest!
    Entries are due by July 9th at 2:30am UTC!
    Dismiss Notice

Why do you like/dislike Boruto

Discussion in 'House of Uzumaki' started by Anza, Jul 25, 2018.

1. Anza Hello

Personally i kinda like it but at the same time i dont like it

Tags:
  2. Aduro Definitely not a villain.

Dislike it because I got too many shitty filler arcs from Naruto and that's what the Boruto anime feels like to me.

3. Lord Valgaav Last Scholar of Golb

There are certain elements I like, but over all I dislike it because of the pairings, shitty new generation, and Sasuke being good.

I do like the characters Boruto and Mitsuki though. Although I would've much preferred a sequel that centered around Konohamaru and his coming generation along with Hinabi and others.

4. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

The Boruto series contains characters that I care about, but the direction away from the original ninja premise and toward tech enhanced battle interests me not at all. Not crazy about the majority of the anime created new rookies, either. I like Boruto, but these differences prevent me from loving it as I did Naruto.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • List
  5. Anza Hello

I dont like it that boruto fights against these high level guys like momonoshiki (dont know how to spell it)
    And rasengans his ass, i want it to be like zabuza and haku vs team 7 alike

6. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Boruto was just allowed to do the coup de grace (with Naruto's help) on Momshiki--the shared Rasengan is a thing in Naruto movies, so that was to be expected. For the most part Momo faced off against Naruto and Sasuke as was expected. Boruto's still too green to single handedly face off against powerhouse adversaries the likes of Momo.

Last edited: Jul 25, 2018
  7. MaruUchiha The Fourth Six Paths

Flag:
    United States
    I like the fact that it continues the story in general lol.. I like a few of the new characters and the animation in the anime is better than most of the original Naruto, but that's probably it.. I don't like that most of the new genin are just carbon copies of the old characters and are overpowered without even really training for the powerups

8. Samael Mal the malevolent one.

It's just ass everything about it to me. I honestly stopped caring for Naruto once they took the God angle, it sucked.

9. Dark Wanderer Well-Known Member

I like Boruto, but I also don't care for the technological aspect of things. It also bothers me how many of the new generation are so similar to the parents, even the names are alike!

10. Maverick04 Out of touch

Like it because of Mitsuki and Shinki..Both are quite cool and have amazing abilities..The animation in the anime is pretty rad too..Excited for the upcoming arc.

Dislike it due to the inconsistent power scaling

11. Kiseki Well-Known Member

Mitsuki is a 'hole' to the new series. He's not really a character you get into, because he's not really 'human'. He feels like another Sai/temporary guy to me and watch my words he will leave Konoha some day. He will either stay good and die while doing something good or he will go rogue and plan stuff with Orochimaru. It leaves me anxious, so I cannot grow onto him or 'like' him. I think the whole Sarada has a thing for Boruto is genious, but that card is played little too soon. I like the new ShikaInoCho trio. Especially Chocho. The rest of the characters are a bit bland/uninvolved and they should've made at least one more team more interesting. That all-girl-team of the class rep doesn't do anything for me at all. There are too many characterst that have me 'why?', but I'm still gonna watch for Sarada and Chocho.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  12. Kiseki Well-Known Member

@
    Calm down. Its just an opinion. Why the dislike?

13. SoulFire! Venerable Sage Moderator

Mitsuki isn't as snarky as Sai, but he does give a similar disengaged vibe. The writers need to do more with him, imo--and from the look of the current ED the anime just might.

I dunno about 'genius', but I've no problem with this pairing if it is handled properly (and the Naruto franchise does have a problem with doing so). Sarada and Boruto are not their parents and have a different relationship with one another. However, I fear another mess like Naruto with the addition of Sumire. I prefer less complicated and clearly indicated romance.

I'm never big on secondary characters so most of the rookies don't interest me all that much. I do like ChouChou if the writers avoid flanderizing her for the sake of comedy. I'm with you regarding the all girl team: Wasabi should have been an Inuzuka instead of a cat girl (or Kiba's daughter with both cat and dog traits), Namida is too annoying to care about and Sumire should never have returned to the flighty phony persona from before to the Nue arc. That Sumire was someone I could appreciate. The present version (especially the catty manga version) leaves me cold.

14. Lady Hinata ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

I don't even watch it really though, except when I hear about good scenes, then I look it up on YouTube.

15. Punished Kiba World's #1 Kiba Inuzuka Fanboy

- New gen kids look like extremely poorly designed Deviantart OCs
    - No Kiba
    - No Kiba Kid/ Inuzuka Kid

There's no point

(I'm like a broken record at this point but I don't care, I'm Kiba depraved).

16. largewhitebiceps Biggest Biceps in the universe

i liked the battles from episode 62 up to episode 65

17. BlackWizier Well-Known Member

Late but I hate the unrealistic tech improvements. Delta seem to be from the next millennium same goes with the rest of Kara

18. fuff

nicely put!

exactly, i dont know how describe it myself but as soulfire said:
    -The Boruto series contains characters that I care about
    -not a fan at all of the new/original genin (sumire, denki, etc)
    -it doesnt compare to naruto story/emotional wise

I think the only reason I care about it or even bother looking at episode/manga summaries or spoiler pages is because Boruto series contains characters that I care about (mostly the old gen). I do like sarada and chocho from the new gen. You get that naruto dose...but not really...if that makes any sense

19. Grinningfox Bored

The reason why Boruto characters are so similar to their parents( carbon copy is pushing it) is because they weren’t made to carry a series. Boruto wasn’t supposed to be a series and that is what keeps me from complaining about designs.

OT- I really love Boruto . The character actually feels like a real person to me. I also love the brat angle they took with the character and his Naruto conflict. I’m super interested in Ōtsusuki lore and Kara seems super cool( kinda like the androids in DBZ).

That said the pacing is meh and there are some flaws that hold the series back.

20. Dum Dum Formerly Snake

Boruto is perfect, the absolute peak of human creative achievement rivaled only by Macbeth and the Sistine Chapel.

21. Bookworm Well-Known Member

Only watch the first minute and thirty seconds.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2019
  22. Ninja Mangaka Well-Known Member

2. boruto does not have a legit beef with his family
    3. kids dressed like street corner workers
    4. not much for the protagonists to actually do due to every villain being killed off in naruto and lack of world building
    5. not enough kumogakure

• Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  23. Sunrider Former Whorekage

I generally enjoy the themes and the questions they pose:

Greatest generation interacting with boomers
    • You've got these adults trying to raise effective fighters in an era of peace that probably hasn't been known in a millennium--how do you relate to them? How do you prepare them for potential challenges? I liked the discussion between Naruto and Sasuke about the 'soul' of a shinobi (Sasuke was right btw)
    Technological progress vs. traditional methods
    • Obvs talking about ninja tech here: they took the kote from the Exam Arc/movie and went further with it, exploring it with previously disabled shinobi (Ao) and threats like Kara. They're dealing with a world where combat ability is more accessible to the majority than ever and the ramifications.
    The value and meaning of 'peace' for different people
    • They earned peace at the end of Naruto, and Boruto asks the question 'now what?' How do you maintain it? What do you do with soldiers that defined themselves by conflict (agan, Ao)? Can there be a place for everyone in a peaceful world? So long as power disparities exist, can peace really be a thing?

The series asks some heavy questions that can't really be answered (really no one has), but tackles them anyway, which makes for good drama in the story. I'm looking forward to seeing where they take it.

• Like Like x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  24. Suigetsu Legendary

Is a mediocre sequel that follows up the worst arc in naruto manga which also happened to have an abysmal bad ending.
    Due to the insane power creep of the manga's end, there is no sense of danger or consequence anymore, all awe has been smashed aside. Also "the new gen" its not very likable and people would rather want to see what happened to the characters of the original generation over these new ones which just so happen to be clones of their grown up parents.

Probably the only interesting character is Salad but it only goes so far.

25. mikeyman75 Well-Known Member

I like Boruto cuz it's peaceful and has personality in a way

Things like social life actually exist and it's pretty odd to the point where I'm interested in it just because it makes the world of Naruto seem realistic, in a time of peace you know the world is pretty much normal af and that's completely fine. I'd actually like for more non-ninja characters to enter the series and kind of become important, just cuz u know, ninjas probably realistically make friends with like normal kids too lol

I dislike Boruto cuz there's not that many good meaningful fights

The Otsutsukis arc was sick but besides that, very meh

26. Raiden Moderator Moderator

Like:

-It seems that a lot of time and care was put into developing Kara. The story of each villain, I think, will be very interesting to learn with time.

Dislike:

-Pace for the manga is not good. The fight currently is now going on three months, and seems to be not very long at all in manga time.

-The focus on particularly characters seem uneven. We went for large swats of time without seeing Naruto, and now he's the central focus of the manga again. Can't remember the last time Sasuke or other characters appeared.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  27. Revan Reborn Redeemed

Dislike like that Naruto looks like he's trash now.

28. Skywalker Imperial

The manga is alright. The anime is just incredibly slow and not enjoyable aside from a few well done fights.

29. Wrecked Baloney Holy Water!

Boruto manga

-Kawaki!!!!
    - Action is pleasing to my eyes.
    - Flash forward scene hooked me that I want to see it eventually happen.
    - The lore it has makes me want to see more of it.

Dislikes:
    -Pace is snail slow.
    -Most young girls still wears high heels.
    - Kodachi and Ikemoto don't physically meet and discuss.
    - Too much focus on a few characters.

Boruto anime

- Animator SEKIBEING!
    -Other animators!!!
    - Does a good job in adapting existing works.
    - Does a good job emphasizing the canon characters' bonds.

Dislikes:
    - A lot of anime introduced characters are boring to me that I don't care about them.
    - It ruined Kiri for me.
    - It is inconsistent , especially since it clashes with some personalities in the manga. It also clashes with manga events.
    - It doesn't know where it wants to go.

30. Lady Hinata ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

Because it sleeps on Sarada and Himawari.